Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,779 members, 7,806,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates (30823 Views)

Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider / 7 Most Employable Skills In Nigeria / Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates by Etfash(m): 7:58pm On Nov 27, 2015
Xfire, I don't do badly in any of the points that you have listed - I quite agree with each one - I have also been privileged to change jobs a number of times.

However, i feel too lazy to apply for jobs these days even though i am sure there is something better out there.

I desire to secure International employments but, i am usually too lazy to apply for them.
Recently, i got a phD studentship opportunity abroad but, the laziness to research and write a compelling proposal robbed me of that opportunity.

I work hard, even now; I still read too. What do you think can be responsible for this incessant failure to galvanize energy that i need to propel me to my next phase? And what do you advise? Have you been in a situation like this before?

Do you think my resolve either to: leave my present employment or move to the next level isn't strong enough?
Re: Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates by ciwi: 8:43pm On Nov 27, 2015
U are comfortable with your present level, U don't want more than you already have or u outright lazy. Datsall

Etfash:
Xfire, I don't do badly in any of the points that you have listed - I quite agree with each one - I have also been privileged to change jobs a number of times.

However, i feel too lazy to apply for jobs these days even though i am sure there is something better out there.

I desire to secure International employments but, i am usually too lazy to apply for them.
Recently, i got a phD studentship opportunity abroad but, the laziness to research and write a compelling proposal robbed me of that opportunity.

I work hard, even now; I still read too. What do you think can be responsible for this incessant failure to galvanize energy that i need to propel me to my next phase? And what do you advise? Have you been in a situation like this before?

Do you think my resolve either to: leave my present employment or move to the next level isn't strong enough?
Re: Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates by Etfash(m): 4:12am On Nov 28, 2015
ciwi:
U are comfortable with your present level, U don't want more than you already have or u outright lazy. Datsall

Thank you for your reply. But what happens to 'may be'? You were too assertive in your comment above; don't you think? I don't want more? That isn't it... Trust me. Then i can assure you, i am not lazy.

I do alot of things and may be i have just put some other things ahead of getting a new job and giving scholarships instead of receiving them.

I said lazy because, somehow, i still feel that Etfash should be able to combine everything and come out fine.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates by mufuteeeee(m): 9:08am On Nov 28, 2015
Louislewis:
[size=18pt]All these listed points are the major reasons why our nation is not moving forward and the nation will never, I repeat, will never grow if this trend continue. We are misplacing prorities for employment. It will continue to generate more of unemployment and the best output from those employed can never be achieved. What is happening in Nigeria today is just like an adage that says, "We have a lot of feet on the ground, but no movement" It is not like this in other countries. I weep for this country.[/size]

I like this your write up. Can you please explain further?

cc Louislewis
Re: Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates by mufuteeeee(m): 9:12am On Nov 28, 2015
xfire:

Of course, networking and getting to know/meet influential people is a valid way of getting jobs which is applicable everywhere in the world including Nigeria. That was clearly mentioned in my 4th point.
However, not having influential contacts is not enough reason for one to adopt fatalistic view about employment in Nigeria. One can still get a job without knowing anyone. I am a witness myself.
That being said, even the rich and influential still send their children to the best schools in the world despite the fact that they have all the connections in the world. Go and check the children of Obasanjo, Atiku and the rest. One of OBJ's daughter used to be a top engineering supervisor in one of the top oil companies in Nigeria before she went abroad to further her education. This is because there are other qualities that money and connection can not offer you.

Cheers....!

Nigerians are just dso funny!!! You listed connection skills in no. 4, yet they would want to adopt a fatalistic view that no connection no job. Maybe that's why they are still unemployed because they can't read simple text. Also, many falil to improve themselves. It is difficult to get a good job but far from impossible!!
Re: Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates by ylaa(f): 11:01am On Nov 29, 2015
NOW I BELIEVE THE MADNESS STORY I HEARD ABOUT YOU
I DON'T WASTE MY WORDS ON ACTIVE LUNATIC LIKE YOU
SHAME ON YOU. NEXT TIME DON'T EVEN LOOK AT MY POST
NONSENSE FLIPS
THANK GOD TODAY IS SUNDAY I WOULD HAVE DEALT WITH YOU
Flips:

Don't you read? The foolishness of today's graduate! They don't read.
Read No. 4 of the write-up (networking skills)
Re: Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates by obinna002: 8:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
GODS GRACE AND CONNECTION
Re: Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates by Flips: 9:16am On Nov 30, 2015
ylaa:
NOW I BELIEVE THE MADNESS STORY I HEARD ABOUT YOU
I DON'T WASTE MY WORDS ON ACTIVE LUNATIC LIKE YOU
SHAME ON YOU. NEXT TIME DON'T EVEN LOOK AT MY POST
NONSENSE FLIPS
THANK GOD TODAY IS SUNDAY I WOULD HAVE DEALT WITH YOU
Pele smiley

Re: Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates by butanep(m): 9:57am On Nov 30, 2015
xfire:

Of course, networking and getting to know/meet influential people is a valid way of getting jobs which is applicable everywhere in the world including Nigeria. That was clearly mentioned in my 4th point.
However, not having influential contacts is not enough reason for one to adopt fatalistic view about employment in Nigeria. One can still get a job without knowing anyone. I am a witness myself.
That being said, even the rich and influential still send their children to the best schools in the world despite the fact that they have all the connections in the world. Go and check the children of Obasanjo, Atiku and the rest. One of OBJ's daughter used to be a top engineering supervisor in one of the top oil companies in Nigeria before she went abroad to further her education. This is because there are other qualities that money and connection can not offer you.

Cheers....!

You nailed it here Xfire... I caught a big message there.
Re: Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates by ylaa(f): 10:44am On Nov 30, 2015
AM SORRY FLIPS
Flips:

Pele smiley
Re: Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates by Flips: 11:52am On Nov 30, 2015
ylaa:
AM SORRY FLIPS
Apology accepted. I hope mine was was accepted too smiley

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates by hilugz(m): 5:05am On Dec 01, 2015
This is really insightful. Xfire, you have really done a good job with this write-up. I am looking forward to more from you. For everybody who came across this write-up, pls don't just read, act as soon as possible.
Xfire, i wish to get to know you personally.

Thanks alot
Re: Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates by ylaa(f): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2015
YES
Flips:

Apology accepted. I hope mine was was accepted too smiley
Re: Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates by menzo4u: 5:21pm On Jan 17, 2017
xfire:
This was an article I wrote sometime ago with some minor editing.

Good evening Sire. Hope you got my mail?
Re: Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 20, 2017
Mixty:
can't fault this. The most important one here is GRADE.
For the young students, try as hard as you can to finish with a minimum of 2.1
Cos it is really HARD out there for 2.2 peeps. You don't want to lose opportunities cos of your playfulness in school resulting in poor grades.

lalasticlala

I believe there are still peeps who their 2.1 hasn't done much good out here, or is it just me?
Re: Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates by phrezzz: 1:16am On Dec 19, 2019
Hello xfire, I just finished my first degree in computer science with a strong 2.1 hopefully, while i have reasonable skills in web development, i dont think it's something I want to do professionally as a career. I have always had a niche for mathematics and calculations generally, So I plan on postponing NYSC for at least 8months to learn skills in Data Analytics which I'm very passionate about especially as it applies to oil and gas and it being used for predictive analysis. I understand not much innovation has happened in Nigeria using big data except for Shell that made breakthrough this year. As a seasoned professional, do you feel it's something other oil and gas company will catch up to and what's the career prospect looking like in NNPC for data Analyst? Is there a potential, internship opportunities and the likes? I would be looking forward to your reply. Cheers and have a wonderful holiday.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FRSC 2018 Recruitment Screening Time-Table, Dates / Assessment Test At Workforce / How I Failed The Fidelity Bank Job Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.