Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,962 members, 7,799,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Ways To Survive Mother-in-law - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ways To Survive Mother-in-law (971 Views)

Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / Nigerian Man Videos His Baby Mama Harassing His Mother In U.S, & She Sets Him Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways To Survive Mother-in-law by efepro(m): 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2015
One big fear women have about marriage is their mother in law. However, most women fail to realise that daughter/mother-in-law relationship can be the most interesting relationship you will have in your married life. Below are 5 ways you can make this happen.

1 Always Remember That She Was His first Love:
You fail to realize that your mother-in-law nurtured your man to become the Man you are crazy about today. What you think you have done for him that's driving him crazy, she has done even much more before you met your prince charming. so when you treat him poorly in her eyes,she won't be happy. Hence, all you need to is to present yourself as a respectful wife to her.

2 She Wants The Best For Him
When she gave birth to him, she had dreams for him; prayed day & night for the dream to come true. So, she begins to struggle with how to to leave him in your care just like that. Please, note that it's not a personal vendetta against you, it could be to any woman he chooses to be with.

3 The Fear Of Losing Him Completely
She was the decision maker before you came into his life. Now, she listens to you and your decision stands. These are fears that race through her mind.

4 Build A Strong Relationship With Her And Limit The Info You Give To Her
As much as you want to build a strong, you should also limit the information you share. When your mother-in-law knows how much your husband gives you as monthly allowance or how much you spend, this could mean you're sharing too much info with her. The less she knows, the less she has to throw in your face.

5 Respect Her As You Would Your Own Mother
Don't wait for her respect before you respect her. Some people say, "I only respect people who respect me". People who follow this notion tend to have poor relationships in general.
So, dear wife. It's not too late to mend broken walls. Swallow your pride and start now. Remember if your hubby sees you happy with his mum, you earn more respect.

Raad more gistsstack.com/blog/2016/01/17/8-ways-to-survive-mother-in-law/
Re: Ways To Survive Mother-in-law by Sanmel(f): 1:32pm On Nov 27, 2015
Noted.. Thanks. What of sister-in-law?
Re: Ways To Survive Mother-in-law by Ursino(f): 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2015
Sanmel:
Noted.. Thanks. What of sister-in-law?

Opposite of the above. Try it at your own risk!
Re: Ways To Survive Mother-in-law by Ursino(f): 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2015
Ehm! OP, this thing is not cast in stone ooo. You never see mother inlaw wey wicked pass Patience Ozokwor! That's when you will realise that even loving her and buying her the whole Hollandaise and George in Balogun market will still not buy her love for you.
Just pray for a supportive husband, that's all. Mothers and sisters inlaw will definitely arrange themselves in their proper order. God bless you, your husband come be their breadwinner, hmm! You will become the Best Daughter inlaw in the whole wide world (because of what they stand to gain from you).

1 Like

Re: Ways To Survive Mother-in-law by yinkuscious(m): 2:04pm On Nov 27, 2015
Fact! Most ladies do forgot that they will also one day become mother-in-laws and that the man is a product of the mother-in-law
Re: Ways To Survive Mother-in-law by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 27, 2015
Posts like this make me angry, I don't know why.

Are mother-in-laws tsunamis that ladies have to survive?

If they are, why don't we condemn the rancorous behaviour first instead of encouraging it by giving these tips for survival.

Anyway, God has called me to a soft life, so I shall have a real mother for a mother-in-law, not a tsunami. I don't know about other ladies.
Re: Ways To Survive Mother-in-law by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2015
5 ways to survive MILs? Are MILs now terminal diseases or natural disasters that one has to 'survive'?

You lot should keep living by robotic rules created by clueless teenagers while real joy-filled life passes you by.
Re: Ways To Survive Mother-in-law by Eketem: 6:03pm On Nov 27, 2015
It is silly posts like this that makes marriage sound so scary hence when some misguided people get a drama issue free marriage they start crying that it is abnormal

1 Like

Re: Ways To Survive Mother-in-law by Pidggin(f): 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2015
1 and 3 depicts an unhealthy mother/son relationship. No wonder most mother-in-laws are jealous of their daughter-in-laws.
Re: Ways To Survive Mother-in-law by SAMBARRY: 10:33pm On Nov 27, 2015
Then mother should marry son since she has the best for him and wife "snatched "him away

Mshewwww.rada rada

Next
Re: Ways To Survive Mother-in-law by Shiningmama(f): 3:11am On Nov 28, 2015
This post is definitely not for me, when I showed my mother in law love, there was nothing I fit do wey go satisfy her.. after serving her for 5 years me sef provoke. She no inform me the day she go carry her load..
Re: Ways To Survive Mother-in-law by Miami11: 8:53am On Nov 28, 2015
Shiningmama:
This post is definitely not for me, when I showed my mother in law love, there was nothing I fit do wey go satisfy her.. after serving her for 5 years me sef provoke. She no inform me the day she go carry her load..

I agree with you, had same experience, some mother in laws the more you try to please them the more they burn your heart, sometimes you just have to let them be, and live your life.
Some have never seen or known happiness in their whole life, trying to please them is just burning your self even more.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Happy Married Life! ;D / Photos: In An Attempt To Kill Rat, Man Burns Down His House / Bride Price And Dignity, An Eye Opener.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.