Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,274 members, 7,780,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:40 PM

Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers (45812 Views)

Ambode Commissions Jubilee Bridge Ajah (Photos) / Ambode Commissions Ojodu Berger Bridge (Photos) / Willie Obiano Donates Gun-boats To Navy (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by Exponental(m): 5:37pm On Nov 27, 2015
Flexible cars for police is not a good idea in a country with many bad roads. He should have considered pickups cos of there higher suspension, else the cars get damaged by the roads within a short time and people push blame on police for lack of maintenance.
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by MayhorE(m): 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2015
Alphaoscar:
itesiwaju eko
which kin b itesiwaju eko? He wun create his own #Biafra or wetin b dat coluor of the flag, and apart from that, wetin he won use all that for? Se he be federal government ni? #Naija use ur brain o, na the future of your children, WaKe Up!
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by arresa: 6:25pm On Nov 27, 2015
Lagos acquires land for forensic lab

Lagos - The Lagos State Government has disclosed plans to construct a forensic laboratory that will assist police conduct criminal investigations.

Addressing journalists at the Government House in Ikeja, State Commissioner for Science and Technology, Adebiyi Mabadeje said that government had acquired five hectares of land at Gayingbo Beach Badagry for the project which he said would serve the entire Africa region.

He said the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) was ongoing while soil tests had been conducted on the project that will be driven by a Public Private Partnership

[b]Considering the priority placed on the security of lives and properties of residents, the State Government is working on the establishment of the forensic science laboratory with a view to complement law enforcement, criminal investigation and judicial system of Lagos, Nigeria in general and West Africa as a whole, he said.

“The objective of the laboratory is to assist in the prosecution of criminal cases by authenticating evidence of prosecutors in other to get conviction. It will also bring about reduction in the cases of unresolved crimes,” Mabadeje said.

He said the project would be implemented in phases, saying that the first phase, acquisition of land had been completed and compensation paid to the land owners.

Mabadeje said the government was involving the private sector in the implementation of the project due to the costs of implication.

He meanwhile said the state was ready to deploy 1 000 closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras to complement those already installed in the state.

The state currently has 1 000 CCTVs.

“The development will further enhance surveillance and intelligence gathering towards efficient security in the state,” said Mabadeje.[/b]

http://www.news24.com.ng/National/News/Lagos-acquires-land-for-forensic-lab-20140508

Though most states in Nigeria are not ready for state police, but for effective policing in Lagos state, they need a state police system with crime labs, detective and intelligence unit, SWAT unit, Anti terror and bomb unit.

Unfortunately, mixing federal incompetency, bad police culture, poor training and lousy funding is bad business for Lagos state until they get some kind of independent police system in Lagos state...
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by daphid25(m): 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2015
Wow, great stuff
This will reduce robbery
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by Alphaoscar: 6:41pm On Nov 27, 2015
MayhorE:
which kin b itesiwaju eko? He wun create his own #Biafra or wetin b dat coluor of the flag, and apart from that, wetin he won use all that for? Se he be federal government ni? #Naija use ur brain o, na the future of your children, WaKe Up!

What the bleep are you driving at ? you are not making any sense at all. wetin concern Ambode with Biafra? go borrow sense abeg.
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by enitiObanke(m): 6:41pm On Nov 27, 2015
free2ryhme:
Money enter bush

You are so spot on!!!
Any govt who uses tax payers money to give NPF brand new Ford Focus saloon cars, Ford Ranger, or even Toyota Hilux is a wasteful and clueless govt at the least.
Until there is a total overhaul of our Police Force, and a paradigm shift in the conduct of both officers and the rank & file, govt should simply give tokunbo vehicles (whose cost price per unit isn't more than N900k) to our Police Force.
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 27, 2015
Lagos needs more of this.
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by lateefcalypse(m): 7:04pm On Nov 27, 2015
Dem no dey succed for una village?all the critics wey dey here.. e sure me say non of una family get bicycle tire for house
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 27, 2015
wow...am surprised

1 Like

Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by Flexyshubzy(m): 7:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
This is so impressive.. ... . But this is not enough we more equipment like surveillance camera and more and those cars should always be on patrol not for decorating the station compound
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:19pm On Nov 27, 2015
DearDealz:
I thought they said he ain't working??

yes oh....
he just woke up from slumber !!! grin
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by arresa: 7:19pm On Nov 27, 2015
More pics...

Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by arresa: 7:21pm On Nov 27, 2015
More...

Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by terrymason(m): 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2015
That moment when government will say the car are for balance and take like warri city vehicle!
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by Man2utd(m): 8:00pm On Nov 27, 2015
Our problem is not how to acquire all this hardware, but maintaining it, if we can't take care of the police Baracks, trust me it will be more difficult to maintain this hardwares. Your environment goes a long way in configuring your mindset.
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by dapraiz(m): 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2015
nice tho..
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by alatbaba1(m): 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2015
I'm impressed. I wish other will act like this. This beautiful.
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by centbishop: 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2015
Gud job
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by mickypholly(m): 8:37pm On Nov 27, 2015
D problem now is maintainance coz very soon,Police wl complain of fuel n oda tins 2 mak use of ds Equipments. Any well kudos 2 Ambode
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by azzima(m): 9:52pm On Nov 27, 2015
Vince77:
Ok. Na only commissioning we dey see everytime. Tomorrow u go hear armed robbers dey rob. Oya make dem act na excuses upon excuses. After d commissioning na to go pack dem inside garage lock door n take key to govt house.
meanwhile, Fayose is still busy buying Tomato in the market. I like this !!!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by abeniagbon(m): 9:56pm On Nov 27, 2015
iffydave:
Good Development

I trust Naija police within 12 months you won't recognise Those vehicles again... grin

Confirm. I support your motion. When they will going after yahoo yahoo boys and danfo driver.
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by sayitright: 10:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
God bless u sir... #innovation
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by ceasare: 11:15pm On Nov 27, 2015
Kudos to LASG and Gov Ambode..
Back to d matter we know how NPF
Uses their equipment! Trust those cars
And pickups no go reach 6 months !
What's even 6 month something wey
DPO go remove the 4 tires 1st put
4 his own person car and dems boys
Go dey cannibalism the remaining parts
Of the car to highest bidder....don't
Ask me how I knw visit nearest police
Station to you.you go see for ur self.

In another news I went to a police station
To report a theft case and the officer was
Telling thieves stole her car stereo in the station!!!
I just jejely go house go relax abi wet in I dey
Report for?
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by wink2015(m): 8:00am On Nov 28, 2015
[size=18pt]Rather than spending so much on security, the Lagos state government should create employment for job seeker and that will keep crime at a low point.

We can even set up a security company that are manufacturing this equipment right here in Nigeria instead of importing them from abroad[/size]
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by jteku(m): 8:07am On Nov 28, 2015
[quote author=Exponental post=40464123]Flexible cars for police is not a good idea in a country with many bad roads. He should have considered pickups cos of there higher suspension, else the cars get damaged by the roads within a short time and people push blame on police for lack of maintenance.[/quoted

Abeg shaaaatttab, why their personal flexible cars no de spoil
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by Horus(m): 10:49am On Nov 28, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UPK9_Wfymo

[size=15pt]Buhari commissions N4.765bn helicopters, others for Lagos police[/size]
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by lastpage: 1:16pm On Nov 28, 2015
Helives:
I am yet to see what Fayose has commissioned! [/b]Good one Ambode..

[b]Gerrout, you APC slowpoke!

Fayose as commissioned so many things in the past!

Did you not see him eating Roasted Plantain on the roadside?
Did you not see him flexing with Agberos and other Motor Park Touts
Did you not see him abusing Buhari many times over?
Did you not see him buying Corn the other day
I even heard he drank Sachet water.. to show us that he is real "people's man"!

What else do you want him to commission for the good people of Ekiti Sate?

Fayose the role model!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by lastpage: 1:19pm On Nov 28, 2015
Exponental:
Flexible cars for police is not a good idea in a country with many bad roads. He should have considered pickups cos of there higher suspension, else the cars get damaged by the roads within a short time and people push blame on police for lack of maintenance.[/quoted]

Abeg shaaaatttab, why their personal flexible cars no de spoil

You mean you dont understand that "their personal cars" dont cover a ONE YEAR, tenth of the distance a Police vehicle will cover ONE WEEK?

Police need rugged vehicles no doubt.

Lastpage!
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by lastpage: 1:20pm On Nov 28, 2015
Exponental: Flexible cars for police is not a good idea in a country with many bad roads. He should have considered pickups cos of there higher suspension, else the cars get damaged by the roads within a short time and people push blame on police for lack of maintenance.

jteku: Abeg shaaaatttab, why their personal flexible cars no de spoil

You mean you dont understand that "their personal cars" dont cover a ONE YEAR, tenth of the distance a Police vehicle will cover ONE WEEK?

Police need rugged vehicles no doubt.

Lastpage!
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by Helives: 9:10pm On Nov 28, 2015
lastpage:

Gerrout, you APC slowpoke!

Fayose as commissioned so many things in the past!

Did you not see him eating Roasted Plantain on the roadside?
Did you not see him flexing with Agberos and other Motor Park Touts
Did you not see him abusing Buhari many times over?
Did you not see him buying Corn the other day
I even heard he drank Sachet water.. to show us that he is real "people's man"!

What else do you want him to commission for the good people of Ekiti Sate?

Fayose the role model!

Lastpage!

I saw him today cutting meat.... You PDP slowpoke..lol
Re: Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers by razfad10(m): 11:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
iffydave:
Good Development

I trust Naija police within 12 months you won't recognise Those vehicles again... grin

bros u funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Najeem Salaam, Osun Speaker Throws Gala And Lipton Tea To His Constituents / See What A Ghanaian Said About Buhari On Twitter, Nigerians React / "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.