Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,820 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra (9961 Views)

Azikiwe At The Proposed Site Of The University Of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) In 1950s. / Buhari Viewing The Aeromagnetic Map Of The Nickel Discovery (Pic) / Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Ugomba(m): 9:52pm On Nov 27, 2015
Goodboiyy:

sorry about the insult.. but u need to understand hw we feel about this Biafra stuff.. I made an example using anioma because they are the only Igbo group in SS who have show support for Biafra on this forum.. so I can't speak for u guys.. but my position is that Nigeria should be restructured, be truthful to yourselve on this issue, atleast u re a Deltan , True Federalism is wat we really want not Biafra..
you are writing with the Mindset that Nnamdi Kanu speaks for All Igbos.. How many Igbo Personalities are in support of him?
Face the Igbos and stop throwing insults at a whole Tribe.
Why not, Anioma nation will love Federalism in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by 1MCN: 10:06pm On Nov 27, 2015
Goodboiyy:

you still don't get it.. you only conduct a referendum wen the said people re interested in the new country.. but in this Biafra case we (Itsekiri, Urhobo/Isoko, Ijo, Edo, ogoni e.tc ) never told you we want to opt out of Nigeria.. All we have been fighting for is Resource Control.. so telling us we must conduct a referendum is like a insult to us.. Can you tell Yoruba To conduct Referendum in Your Biafra agitation ?.. If no y re u so bent on including SS minorities who dont give a Bleep about Biafra ? .. wen I say We I mean my people.. Anioma have made there Position known that they want Biafra as such I can't speak for them.. I hope u respect my decision

Of course, I do respect your decision. But let we piont out three highlights in your submission.

1) You said 'We itsekiri, Urhobo/Isoko, Ijo, Edo, ogoni e.tc'.... Are you all of those at the same time? I mean are you Itsekiri and Urhobo and Isoko and Ezon at the same time? You can only be one, or at most two. Don't you think you're committing the same offence you accuse Igbo people of by annexing over 6 different ethic groups?

2)Resource Control. I'm not the spokesperson for Biafra agitators. But what if your resource control is a central policy in Biafra? What if Biafra proposes that all lands and the resources therein belong to the local people? Do you know that "We" have being demanding resource control in Nigeria for over 50years? What have we gotten? 13%, and ammesty, and Odi massacre, and Ken Saro-Wiwa's death, etc. Have you asked why the PIB lasted for 6 years in the NASS? It was because of a 10% host community fund which the bill proposed and it was rejected by entire lawmakers from the north and west. Do you honestly think that Nigeria can freely give "Us" resource control? It'll be an intergenerational struggle.

3)South south Minorities. Please, my brother how can you be a minority in your own land? With due respect, I think you should be ashamed to call yourself a minority in your own land. And did you know that the so called minority actually produce the majority of Nigeria's wealth? Please don't be subjugated and emasculated with divisive politics. Henceforth, never use the word minority to describe yourself or your people. It strips you of dignity. Britain that introduced the minority nonsense here does not have or recognize anything like minority Indeginous British in their own home country, if you've ever travelled out.

Finally, I say to you, I'm not even against Nigeria but I have a policy that genuine freedom and equality (and egalitarialism) are all noble pursuits.

4 Likes

Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Eastlink(m): 10:10pm On Nov 27, 2015
Goodboiyy:

@bolded point of correction.. They must learn to Work with other SS tribe not Igbo.. stop acting as if u re A God to Us..
This is why I detest discussing sensitive issues as this with some of my SS family. You've gotten on my nerves now.
As an Itshekiri dude, you should be well informed about the ethnic make up of the SS. So because many of us decide not to deny our Igbo identity and join the Biafran agitation, does it now make us irrelevant in matters that concern the SS.
I agree that the Biafran agitators should learn to work with other SS non-Igboid groups, at least to allow them make their own choices, but please learn to to use the term SS as a geographic area in its own context to separate other ethnic groups who make up the region like Ijaw, Urhobo, Ibibio etc to drive home your point.
Thanks
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Pheals(f): 10:15pm On Nov 27, 2015
ishiamu:

You no suppose talk with the rate you use ugly, if them dey censor beauty for NL your moniker will be deleted angry
delete amh now
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 27, 2015
Pheals:
delete amh now
get the humour girl...
you are fugly and he I advising you to shun tribalism as it will kill shows for people without getting it even started...
take heart and take your fugly tribalistic frustrated soul with you.
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Pheals(f): 10:48pm On Nov 27, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

get the humour girl...
you are fugly and he I advising you to shun tribalism as it will kill shows for people without getting it even started...
take heart and take your fugly tribalistic frustrated soul with you.
who Is frustrated ...your comment shows U are... read it again
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Eastlink(m): 10:53pm On Nov 27, 2015
Goodboiyy:

This Is not about itsekiri.. its about knowing the truth.. not the lies been preached by Kalu.. Biafra is not the way out for us..let's restructure Nigeria.. this is my stand
Even though I don't support Nnamdi Kanu's approach, I still acknowledge him for daring to do what I myself cannot even try. Nnamdi just like all humans is fallible and has his faults. But that doesn't mean he owns the agitation , or that he will become the decision maker in a future Biafran republic. Events have proven that Kanu is just one individual in the struggle. The Biafran movement is people oriented, people motivated and not for one person.
I laugh when you talk about restructuring Nigeria. Let's face the truth will the north allow you restructure Nigeria. Will they even give us 50 percent control over our oyel. Even the 13 percent derivation had to pass through torns before it was approved. I hate it when people talk about restructuring Nigeria. I have been hearing these words since I was born and till now nothing has happened. We were witness to how the north kicked against the recommendation of the last SNC report and how it was swept under the carpet immediately they found themselves in the corridors of power. The north is like a spoilt child overfed with cookies and sweets. They would never allow a restructuring that doesn't put their interest first. And me I would never succumb to a future northern sponsored restructuring that seek to maintain the status quo. So get it into your head, that Nigeria will never be restructured as long as the north lives.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 27, 2015
Pheals:
who Is frustrated ...your comment shows U are... read it again

ok oo
I was only explaining the intent of the guy...
no vex
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 27, 2015
Goodboiyy:

This Is not about itsekiri.. its about knowing the truth.. not the lies been preached by Kalu.. Biafra is not the way out for us..let's restructure Nigeria.. this is my stand

Did I hear you mention restructuring..... ? .. Where is the SNC report that recommended regional restructuring of the country? Can we be truthful to ourselves for once?
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by bosedekemi(f): 11:00pm On Nov 27, 2015
1MCN:

You're very correct. But I think the exclusion of most part of Edo is not because "the Benin Kingdom is a very powerful ancient one...". The proponents of Biafra say that in Biafra there will be total abolition of Monarchy. And the Benin Kingdom is ancient as you said, and culturally deep rooted and therefore will be averse with the Biafran Principle of State Polity.

And Biafra will not want to interfere with peoples' cultures and roots.

But if put through a referendum and the people accept to jettison their monarchy and vote to join Biafra then they're accepted.

One thing must be said here: BIAFRA IS NOT, AND SHALL NOT BE A FORCED STATE. Even if the so called South south chooses through the referendum to remain in Nigeria like TonyeBarcanista insists they'll be completely allowed to remain (although the minuscle opinion of one man is too infinitesimal in issues like this). If they want separate break away State then they must be prepared to slug it out with Nigeria. Though I don't see this happening.

Finally, I think it's time for the proponents of Biafra to begin to unveil the political and economic blueprints for the proposed "Biafran" public to see, so that those "annexed" areas or regions will begin to weigh their options. I read, and saved, yesterday a document purported to be presented by Asari Dokubo titled Biafran Charter of Government (or something). I think it's time to begin to act in ways that shows the struggle is real and unstoppable.

God Bless Every People Around The World Who Seek Genuine Freedom.

I see. Makes sense
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Ugwuoke347(m): 11:07pm On Nov 27, 2015
The map is just an invitation, a friendly suggestion. I for one prefer a pure Igbo Biafra. They shout about their oil, I laugh at them.The world is moving away from oil. Biafra is not about a certain raw material, it is fundamentally an ideology (Read Ahiara declaration). What makes these people think they are desparately needed in Biafra? Are they not ashamed of always rhapsodizing about their oil as if that is all a country needs to survive? Biafra is better off without those who have no interest in her statehood. Enough of theblackmail.
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Centrifude(m): 11:22pm On Nov 27, 2015
I'm not trying to start an argument.

I've been reading up on the whole Biafra topic and as a foreigner looking in, and judging from what I've read it seem very unlikely that the Biafra dream will ever be anything but that, a dream. My opinion is also based of the fact that most of the Nigerian I've spoken to who reside in S.A mainly agree that there's a slim chance of it ever happening, and that even if it does happen it will lead to another, and more deadly civil war.

So my question is, how serious is this need or want for a Country named Biafra, are we outsiders only seeing a portion of what's really going on, is there a substantial number of people supporting this idea/movement? Logically speaking, what are the chances of Nigeria being divided again?
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by tempest01(m): 11:38pm On Nov 27, 2015
I saw annang province...this map is dead

Annang province shouldn't be there it should be eket province.
@divinehand2003

What is Eket doing in that corner @op? Them don give annang all our oil lol.
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 27, 2015
Centrifude:
I'm not trying to start an argument.

I've been reading up on the whole Biafra topic and as a foreigner looking in, and judging from what I've read it seem very unlikely that the Biafra dream will ever be anything but that, a dream. My opinion is also based of the fact that most of the Nigerian I've spoken to who reside in S.A mainly agree that there's a slim chance of it ever happening, and that even if it does happen it will lead to another, and more deadly civil war.

So my question is, how serious is this need or want for a Country named Biafra, are we outsiders only seeing a portion of what's really going on, is there a substantial number of people supporting this idea/movement? Logically speaking, what are the chances of Nigeria being divided again?

I will kindly leave you with this quote by Nelson Mandela: "it always seems impossible until it is done." Biafra is already being restored, 'cus injustice has never been known to last forever.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Obiagu1(m): 11:49pm On Nov 27, 2015
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 27, 2015
this eastern region map mind you... and not Biafra map.
I need to see the Biafra map that has no province in the current Biafra map.
else this is falsehood against humanity...
Obiagu1:

These are the original provinces.
Biafra map has green boundary.

Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Obiagu1(m): 11:57pm On Nov 27, 2015
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 28, 2015
I truly understand where @Goodboiyy is coming from. I think IPOB should not include groups like Itshekiri, Urhobo/Isoko and other Edoid groups in the Biafran map. These groups should not be forced to submit to a referendum, 'cus they do not feel a kinship with us and I totally agree with that. I for one cringe whenever Nnamdi Kanu says that ndị Igbo are one with them.
My humble opinion is that only Igbo groups in SE and SS, as well other willing ethnicities in SS, should be allowed to vote in a referendum for the restoration of Biafra.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by ishiamu(m): 12:30am On Nov 28, 2015
Pheals:
delete amh now

Ugly vulture
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Eastlink(m): 12:37am On Nov 28, 2015
nwanlecha:
I truly understand where @Goodboiyy is coming from. I think IPOB should not include groups like Itshekiri, Urhobo/Isoko and other Edoid groups in the Biafran map. These groups should not be forced to submit to a referendum, 'cus they do not feel a kinship with us and I totally agree with that. I for one cringe whenever Nnamdi Kanu says that ndị Igbo are one with them.
My humble opinion is that only Igbo groups in SE and SS, as well other willing ethnicities in SS, should be allowed to vote in a referendum for the restoration of Biafra.
This is my argument too. Obiagu dreams is to include everybody that ties two wrapper. That for me is absolute shallowness and not in tune with reality. A referendum is good, but let it be given to people who genuinely want it. Let people be allowed to decide their fate.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 28, 2015
Pheals:
Dreamers --not all dreamers are joseph grin grin grin cheesy

idiota, before you comment please correct that nonsense. In-fact your ugliness is depressing . Goddess my foot!

Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by trapQ: 1:22am On Nov 28, 2015
okpe, do we urhobos speak Igbo?? is an efik man Igbo??

irrational bunch
willow0802:

Why are you having heart attack over Biafra matter. The igbos don''t want to remain in Nigeria, is it by Force!!!
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by trapQ: 1:43am On Nov 28, 2015
did I hear you say we should be ashamed?? hypocrite.

the same oil that has fed you and fed the nation. Say something else. the same oil that is the largest source of revenue to Nigeria. you're a damn hypocrite and will remain so until the entire SE starts rejecting federal allocation.
Ugwuoke347:
The map is just an invitation, a friendly suggestion. I for one prefer a pure Igbo Biafra. They shout about their oil, I laugh at them.The world is moving away from oil. Biafra is not about a certain raw material, it is fundamentally an ideology (Read Ahiara declaration). What makes these people think they are desparately needed in Biafra? Are they not ashamed of always rhapsodizing about their oil as if that is all a country needs to survive? Biafra is better off without those who have no interest in her statehood. Enough of theblackmail.
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by trapQ: 1:47am On Nov 28, 2015
injustice is when you include other people in your struggle without their consent. injustice is when you request a referendum from us when we didn't in any way request for it. The S.E minority leaders have spoken. Biafra isn't what they want. A referendum is not needed. We don't want Biafra.
nwanlecha:

I will kindly leave you with this quote by Nelson Mandela: "it always seems impossible until it is done." Biafra is already being restored, 'cus injustice has never been known to last forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by IamAtribalist: 1:49am On Nov 28, 2015
cool I am laughing in Isoko grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Honestly, the patronizing manner these Igbos speak towards TonyeBarcanista and Goodboiy is quite astounding. So you say they have to be subjected to a referendum - what sheer arrogance and shamelessness.

The Igbos are fast becoming the Arabs of Africa. Wherever they go in the world they always cause trouble. South Africa they cause wahala until the natives started macheting them. In Lagos they tried to install a monarch to rival the Yoruba king in Lagos until he threatened to throw them inside the lagoon. In Akure they were causing trouble until they were flogged mercilessly. In Kano thousands of them were slaughtered before they got the message that disrespecting your neighbors is a very bad idea.

I like going after the amala-eaters on NL. However, you have to give the amala-eaters something. They do have the intelligence not to so openly disrespect fellow Nigerians in such a brazen and shameless manner. The akpu-eating Igbos on the other hand, seems to enjoy telling the non-Igbo speaking Niger Deltans that they are gonna be subjected to a referendum either they like it or not. This is so ridiculous its almost purely comedic. However, we should not be laughing because sowing these kind of tribal animosity is something that we have seen before NOT only in Nigeria but even recently among the Tutsi and Hutus of Rwanda - like joke like joke when these tribes realized the Igbos do not respect them, like joke like joke another blood bath may ensue. Igbos STOP BEEN A NUISANCE ON NL - YOU ARE EXPOSING YOUR CULTURAL YANSH FOR EVERYONE TO SEE. grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Nobody: 2:53am On Nov 28, 2015
trapQ:
injustice is when you include other people in your struggle without their consent. injustice is when you request a referendum from us when we didn't in any way request for it. The S.E minority leaders have spoken. Biafra isn't what they want. A referendum is not needed. We don't want Biafra.

Are you ok?
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by fr3do(m): 3:33am On Nov 28, 2015
An Igbo-only Biafra is what I think is right
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 28, 2015
Lol, one thing you fail to realize is once biafra is given referendum, SS wil jump at it imediately, infact with both hannds, barcarnista, goodboyy and trapQ views are inconsequential, quote me anywhere, no sane SS will reject 99% resource control, a new country where they will be the majorities with lesser ethinc group to jostle for parliamentary seat and all those political bruhaha nigeria is known for,it will be the first christain democratic republic, the opportunities are enormous.. Quote me we will revisit this page after buhari's tenure, then maybe by then these blind men eyes must have cleared....

When men with evil agenda tries to challenge Godsplan for his people, he liberates. Them.

I repeat islam breeds evil,how can southern christains be killed because of mohammed cartoon, who does that? how can someone be mutiliated just because he stole or killed because of adultry, in the bible when peter slashed a soldeir's ear,Jesus mended it and told him that popular quote. But then why would these people practice this as a way of life , infact if you are a northern muslim, you are in sin everyday ,since you agree with the law, then it is applicable to call you a partaker, deep eh? If not for christainity in the south, yoruba muslims would have been 80%. I repeat the mind set of bello is the mind set of every fulani amd it will never change even with education, the best option is to opt out..do you remember the mosque development in phc? By the time that moisque development is finally done, watch portharcourt hosting top muslim programs and leaders, before you know it, such development will spread across the south, finally nigeria will be islamized not by force but by the phycological effect such development brings, .. I laugh in hebrew.. Lai lai I can't be with these set of people,even our country uses two constitution,one is lawful, the other unlawful but because they are northerners, it was overlooked. Can you see how these people have taken everyone for a fool, seeing the south as weaklings, chai I weep!!! Oh nigeria why did you almagamate!, which kind stewpid african unity be this, the world has changed, religion is the new tradition, take it or leave it! Abeg give us Biafra, anyone whe wan live with these animals, be my guest!
Nonsense!

IamAtribalist:
cool I am laughing in Isoko grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Honestly, the patronizing manner these Igbos speak towards TonyeBarcanista and Goodboiy is quite astounding. So you say they have to be subjected to a referendum - what sheer arrogance and shamelessness.

The Igbos are fast becoming the Arabs of Africa. Wherever they go in the world they always cause trouble. South Africa they cause wahala until the natives started macheting them. In Lagos they tried to install a monarch to rival the Yoruba king in Lagos until he threatened to throw them inside the lagoon. In Akure they were causing trouble until they were flogged mercilessly. In Kano thousands of them were slaughtered before they got the message that disrespecting your neighbors is a very bad idea.

I like going after the amala-eaters on NL. However, you have to give the amala-eaters something. They do have the intelligence not to so openly disrespect fellow Nigerians in such a brazen and shameless manner. The akpu-eating Igbos on the other hand, seems to enjoy telling the non-Igbo speaking Niger Deltans that they are gonna be subjected to a referendum either they like it or not. This is so ridiculous its almost purely comedic. However, we should not be laughing because sowing these kind of tribal animosity is something that we have seen before NOT only in Nigeria but even recently among the Tutsi and Hutus of Rwanda - like joke like joke when these tribes realized the Igbos do not respect them, like joke like joke another blood bath may ensue. Igbos STOP BEEN A NUISANCE ON NL - YOU ARE EXPOSING YOUR CULTURAL YANSH FOR EVERYONE TO SEE. grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by cheruv: 7:01am On Nov 28, 2015
willow0801:

idiota, before you comment please correct that nonsense. In-fact your ugliness is depressing . Goddess my foot!
As a goddess isn't she ashamed that she's only able to garner only 9 likes for her "beautiful" pix
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Pheals(f): 7:08am On Nov 28, 2015
willow0801:

grin cheesylaughing out my sorrow...U are soak in hatred..

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by divinehand2003(m): 7:31am On Nov 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
@OP you forget to add Zamfara, Sokoto and Kano.

The south south is NOT, has NOT and will never be part of Biaf®an project except you Want to deliberately pursue a failed project.

This is a FACT!

Zamfara, Sokoto and Kano would join Benin Republic, they are not needed in Biafra now.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 28, 2015
Eastlink:
This is my argument too. Obiagu dreams is to include everybody that ties two wrapper. That for me is absolute shallowness and not in tune with reality. A referendum is good, but let it be given to people who genuinely want it. Let people be allowed to decide their fate.

Thanks very much.. Before you build a relationship u first understand the people .. As such u must understand our need/want.. most of u fail to understand that.. and wen we confront u, u throw insult on us.. is that how to do things ?... the Yorubas re scared of Biafra leaving Nigeria , but am not my Only Request is that you should not include us in that Agitation as we re not interested in it.. Hope am clear on this Issue ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC / Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution / Is Coming, To Take Over The Whole World Government!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.