Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders (2624 Views)

First Massive Nationwide Protests To Hold On The 5th Of February, 2017. / Things Ipob Supporters Should Channel Their Protests Into In The South East / 10 Things Igbos Need To Understand About Yorubas.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by Afam4eva(m): 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2015
There is no gain saying that the Igbo nation has been dealth a heavy blow by the Nigerian nation and this blow has recorded massive success only because the Nigerian nation has received unconditional support from leaders from Igboland. I'm wondering how fast things will change if we channel some of the energy that we are using to fight the FG to actually fighting the people closest to us (Our leaders). These our so called leaders are having a field day as they are not pertubed the the problems facing the zone more than they are interested in their personal aggrandizement by acting as rubber stamp for the federal governmrny. I implore youths to channel their energy to these thieves who mean no good for us. I just got into Aba some 4 hours ago and I was wondering if there is a government in this state. This state gets monthly allocation, no matter how little. What are they doing with the money if all the roads in Aba are in pitiable condition. Let's deal with this mofos and they will take our message to their ogas in Abuja.

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 27, 2015
You no well op. As you are lost from the scheme of things.

Thank you.

10 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by Armaggedon: 5:12pm On Nov 27, 2015
Op you should be spending more time for DNA test so we can even know if you are igbo
grin

seriously no true igboman reason the way you do

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by omoelesa(m): 5:13pm On Nov 27, 2015
J
Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by omoelesa(m): 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
No, Biafra is the answer, immediately biafra is restored, and bang everything becomes perfect.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by Lajet: 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2015
The Op is confused The Ipob group want freedom not what you are saying here

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by Afam4eva(m): 5:25pm On Nov 27, 2015
Armaggedon:
Op you should be spending more time for DNA test so we can even know if you are igbo
grin

seriously no true igboman reason the way you do
I'm not Igbo. Are you happy now?

My message still hasn't changed.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by Armaggedon: 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2015
Afam4eva:
I'm not Igbo. Are you happy now?
your message is senseless anyway

13 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by Ikengawo: 5:49pm On Nov 27, 2015
[s]
Afam4eva:
There is no gain saying that the Igbo nation has been dealth a heavy blow by the Nigerian nation and this blow has recorded massive success only because the Nigerian nation has received unconditional support from leaders from Igboland. I'm wondering how fast things will change if we channel some of the energy that we are using to fight the FG to actually fighting the people closest to us (Our leaders). These our so called leaders are having a field day as they are not pertubed the the problems facing the zone more than they are interested in their personal aggrandizement by acting as rubber stamp for the federal governmrny. I implore youths to channel their energy to these thieves who mean no good for us. I just got into Aba some 4 hours ago and I was wondering if there is a government in this state. This state gets monthly allocation, no matter how little. What are they doing with the money if all the roads in Aba are in pitiable condition. Let's deal with this mofos and they will take our message to their ogas in Abuja.
[/s]

10 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by Ikengawo: 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2015
The movement isnt about roads. Its about freedom.

10 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2015
The Grand Strategy Of IPOB and Igbos

We all know that the struggle for biafra is all about control of the oil, land and sea of the SS minorities in Nigeria who aren't igbos. The game of the igbos is to wrestle it from the reach of Nigerians and have it to themselves alone in a country where they can muzzle the minorities with their population.

They claim they will have a constitution which allows for 100% resource control. So funny grin. A constitution that can be erased at the drop of a hat just as they stopped Nigeria's flourishing regionalism through a bloody coup.

If they so much love the SS by promising them 100% resource control, why not love them enough to let them be or have their own country without being with the ibos in a biafra which will seem like a mini-Nigeria where they won't have another majority tribe to run to should the igbos oppressed too much.

The new mantra of the igbos is 'give us referendum like it was given to the scots'. One would think they want the referendum to hold only in SE igbo land.

We all saw how they used buses to export igbos from SouthEast to South South cities like yenegoa, PH, asaba etc to protest, making it look like it was the SS minorities that were protesting in support of biafra.

Now, they want UN to hold a referendum in SE and SS. Their game plan is to export their sons and daughters from not only SouthEast, but also the North and SouthWest straight to the South South cities to vote for biafra the same way they exported them during their protests. This will give the impression that the SS wants biafra cos we all know the huge population of igbos outside igbo land. That is what I call being clever by half.

If the FG must allow igbos go, no inch of SS land should be forfeited to them. Prevent them from having SS minorities, then watch the agitation fizzle out.

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by obailala(m): 6:19pm On Nov 27, 2015
Afam4eva:
Afam, don't bother yourself. The people championing this cause, including the educated ones have had their reasoning abilities completely obliterated by election loss hangover. There's no way you can expect these people to reason normally when their brains are already completely fried by Nnamdi Kanu propaganda and hate preaching.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 27, 2015
This man's reasoning does always baffle me. And to think that he is a head of a local council in my Enugwu state gets my head buried in shame.
Tushue!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by funlord(m): 6:30pm On Nov 27, 2015
grin
I only came here because I heard you guys were going to share some akpu!
Wetem the akpu osiso!!!
Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by Ikengawo: 6:58pm On Nov 27, 2015
[s]
juicee1:
The Grand Strategy Of IPOB and Igbos

We all know that the struggle for biafra is all about control of the oil, land and sea of the SS minorities in Nigeria who aren't igbos. The game of the igbos is to wrestle it from the reach of Nigerians and have it to themselves alone in a country where they can muzzle the minorities with their population.

They claim they will have a constitution which allows for 100% resource control. So funny grin. A constitution that can be erased at the drop of a hat just as they stopped Nigeria's flourishing regionalism through a bloody coup.

If they so much love the SS by promising them 100% resource control, why not love them enough to let them be or have their own country without being with the ibos in a biafra which will seem like a mini-Nigeria where they won't have another majority tribe to run to should the igbos oppressed too much.

The new mantra of the igbos is 'give us referendum like it was given to the scots'. One would think they want the referendum to hold only in SE igbo land.

We all saw how they used buses to export igbos from SouthEast to South South cities like yenegoa, PH, asaba etc to protest, making it look like it was the SS minorities that were protesting in support of biafra.

Now, they want UN to hold a referendum in SE and SS. Their game plan is to export their sons and daughters from not only SouthEast, but also the North and SouthWest straight to the South South cities to vote for biafra the same way they exported them during their protests. This will give the impression that the SS wants biafra cos we all know the huge population of igbos outside igbo land. That is what I call being clever by half.

If the FG must allow igbos go, no inch of SS land should be forfeited to them. Prevent them from having SS minorities, then watch the agitation fizzle out.

[/s]

Zoo baby

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by LordMecuzy(m): 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2015
Afam4eva:

You've said the truth Bro..
But.. They'll not accept your writeup... Nice write up Bro

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 27, 2015
Ikengawo:
[s][/s]

Zoo baby

Lol....chai zoo baby.
Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by talktimi(m): 7:24pm On Nov 27, 2015
undecided

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by PassingShot(m): 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2015
Biafra or we burn the zoo cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by badnature: 7:35pm On Nov 27, 2015
@op if I may ask you,who are the SO called igbo leaders? is it those one made by awusa/fulani(ahaneze)and impose them on igbo people? because am not aware of what your talking about,in Biafra power belong to the people not leaders

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by Habakus: 7:43pm On Nov 27, 2015
Afam4eva:
My brother,you're missing the mark here. Igbos are simply saying that they prefer to pursue their progress as an independent nation which they can't successfully under this nation,Nigeria. It is not just a matter of bad governance or marginalization,rather, it's an ideology that comes from maturity and experience so far as Nigerians. Moreover,these Igbo leaders you want Igbos to protest against are being protected by the Nigerian system. You can't adequately hold them responsible when the already bad Nigerian system protects them.

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by arresa: 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2015
1. We had regional administration when all 3 regions administered their own affairs with their own premiers, but who abolished it?

Ibo man.

2. Before independence, the SW saw the trap which gave the north serious advantage over the rest of the country and the North's strategy, but who teamed up with the North to actualize the disadvantage against the south?

Ibo man. Zik.

3. Who started coups and blood shedding in Nigeria right after independence?

Ibo man.

4. Who was the next head of state who refused to punish or even to slap the coup plotters and killers who murdered military and political leaders from the North and SW on the wrist because of tribalism which led to the mass killing of ibo people in the North?

Ibo man

4. Who teamed up with with the same Hausa people again during the next civilian administration to be the VP to Shagari?

Ibo man.

5. Who came back from exile after leading his people to war and failed adventure and returned to Nigeria to again team up with the same Hausa people, fought for and regained his military pension and rank, and even advised his ibo people to vote for another Hausa man/IBB?

Ibo man

All in all, we've had ibo president

Ibo head of state

Ibo Vice president

Ibo governors

Ibo Ministers

Ibo Ambassadors

Ibo Agency directors

Ibo senate leaders

More ibo senate leaders than the rest of the country

Ibo reps

All in all, Ibo people have occupied every major position in Nigeria from president to head of state to VP.

Ibo people scored the largest appointments during the last administration and still managed to score many more under the present administration regardless their antagonistic. What did they do for their own people back home? Nothing.

Marginalization exist only in the minds of dishonest people with poor sense of self accountability, people who'd rather blame other people for their own incompetence and inability to deliver on behalf of their own people even though they occupied major positions locally and Nationally and collect taxes and allocations just like any other state in Nigeria.

Ibo people's problem is not Nigeria and their solution is not biafra, it's bad leadership and accountability, inability of ibo people to demand accountability, unnecessary fixation on other parts of Nigeria instead of their own.

The average ibo man shows more interest on Aregbesola in Osun state than his own state and wellbeing.. He worries more about other people's shortcomings than his own at home.

Even here on NL, when was the last time you see any ibo person posted anything meaningful, project commissioning or progress on NL? They don't because their leaders are incompetent and their taxes and allocations are unaccounted for, but you don't see them questioning them, they are always busy crying and worrying over other states outside their region as if these regions are responsible for their wellbeing..

And politically, you marginalize yourself when you refuse to work with other people outside your region to achieve your goals and objectives.

Ibo president was on tap per their rotation agenda after Yaradua's term and they should have waited, but they sold their chance to GEJ who scuttled the the rotation agreement to finally throw Ibo presidency out the window.

After 16 years of unfruitful stay with the PDP and nowhere else to turn since they don't know how to work with other people because of tribalism and bigotry, they hit a brick wall hence Biafra as their last and only stand.

Biafra or no biafra, your problem is ibo problem and not Nigeria problem.

9 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by patrick89(m): 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2015
obailala:
Afam, don't bother yourself. The people championing this cause, including the educated ones have had their reasoning abilities completely obliterated by election loss hangover. There's no way you can expect these people to reason normally when their brains are already completely fried by Nnamdi Kanu propaganda and hate preaching.

sometimes whenever I see people like you writing rubbish about being educated bla bla bla I smh! whaat have you been able to achieve with your so called education? what. have you done or added to humanity with your education? nonsense

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2015
They won't listen...
Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by arresa: 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2015
patrick89:

sometimes whenever I see people like you writing rubbish about being educated bla bla bla I smh! whaat have you been able to achieve with your so called education? what. have you done or added to humanity with your education? nonsense

What's what he achieved or did not achieve got to do with anything or what he said.?

Why not prove him wrong with your own counter views and superior education if you really have any which i doubt...
Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by IPOB123london: 9:28pm On Nov 27, 2015
useless thread

by the way who elected those leaders criminals

u simply lack the capacity to reason well

there is really no point . . .
Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2015
arresa:
1. We had regional administration when all 3 regions administered their own affairs with their own premiers, but who abolished it?

Ibo man.

2. Before independence, the SW saw the trap which gave the north serious advantage over the rest of the country and the North's strategy, but who teamed up with the North to actualize the disadvantage against the south?

Ibo man. Zik.

3. Who started coups and blood shedding in Nigeria right after independence?

Ibo man.

4. Who was the next head of state who refused to punish or even to slap the coup plotters and killers who murdered military and political leaders from the North and SW on the wrist because of tribalism which led to the mass killing of ibo people in the North?

Ibo man

4. Who teamed up with with the same Hausa people again during the next civilian administration to be the VP to Shagari?

Ibo man.

5. Who came back from exile after leading his people to war and failed adventure and returned to Nigeria to again team up with the same Hausa people, fought for and regained his military pension and rank, and even advised his ibo people to vote for another Hausa man/IBB?

Ibo man

All in all, we've had ibo president

Ibo head of state

Ibo Vice president

Ibo governors

Ibo Ministers

Ibo Ambassadors

Ibo Agency directors

Ibo senate leaders

More ibo senate leaders than the rest of the country

Ibo reps

All in all, Ibo people have occupied every major position in Nigeria from president to head of state to VP.

Ibo people scored the largest appointments during the last administration and still managed to score many more under the present administration regardless their antagonistic. What did they do for their own people back home? Nothing.

Marginalization exist only in the minds of dishonest people with poor sense of self accountability, people who'd rather blame other people for their own incompetence and inability to deliver on behalf of their own people even though they occupied major positions locally and Nationally and collect taxes and allocations just like any other state in Nigeria.

Ibo people's problem is not Nigeria and their solution is not biafra, it's bad leadership and accountability, inability of ibo people to demand accountability, unnecessary fixation on other parts of Nigeria instead of their own.

The average ibo man shows more interest on Aregbesola in Osun state than his own state and wellbeing.. He worries more about other people's shortcomings than his own at home.

Even here on NL, when was the last time you see any ibo person posted anything meaningful, project commissioning or progress on NL? They don't because their leaders are incompetent and their taxes and allocations are unaccounted for, but you don't see them questioning them, they are always busy crying and worrying over other states outside their region as if these regions are responsible for their wellbeing..

And politically, you marginalize yourself when you refuse to work with other people outside your region to achieve your goals and objectives.

Ibo president was on tap per their rotation agenda after Yaradua's term and they should have waited, but they sold their chance to GEJ who scuttled the the rotation agreement to finally throw Ibo presidency out the window.

After 16 years of unfruitful stay with the PDP and nowhere else to turn since they don't know how to work with other people because of tribalism and bigotry, they hit a brick wall hence Biafra as their last and only stand.

Biafra or no biafra, your problem is ibo problem and not Nigeria problem.

You've got your historical facts right, but I will always ask this question: Why didn't Gowon and/or Ironsi's other successors revert the country back to the Regional system?

At least, Gowon, Murtala and Obasanjo were military heads of state who, in conjunction with the SMC, had near absolute powers to propose and implement policy. Bear in mind that Ironsi's 3 immediate successors ruled for a combined 13 years.
Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by arresa: 9:45pm On Nov 27, 2015
CFCfan:

You've got your historical facts right, but I will always ask this question: Why didn't Gowon and/or Ironsi's other successors revert the country back to the Regional system?

At least, Gowon, Murtala and Obasanjo were military heads of state who, in conjunction with the SMC, had near absolute powers to propose and implement policy. Bear in mind that Ironsi's 3 immediate successors ruled for a combined 13 years.

Who came after him or the reason why others after him did not alter the fact that he did like stated. He did it, PERIOD.... and you are free to argue with yourself till eternity about other people, I care less.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by patrick89(m): 10:05pm On Nov 27, 2015
arresa:

What's what he achieved or did not achieve got to do with anything or what he said.?

Why not prove him wrong with your own counter views and superior education if you really have any which i doubt...
why is he bringing the educated dichotomy into this struggle? who told him he is better than those in the street protesting? who told him that his opinion is the alpha here? does he know what next 50years will be like in nigeria or biafra? what has he been able to propose intellectually to prove that biafra is a wrong idea? how can you label people who are courageous enough to demand freedom illiterate? has he ever seen educated fulanis call their people barbaric herdsmen? or yoruba call their opc touts? this is the secondary reasoning that elude average igbo man that wants to be seen as "different, intelligent " and not like them or not igbotic! have you heard yorubatic hausatic etc? with out these people inter ethnic crisis will just crush you and your ajebota kits and kins! you label Massob ipob names yet they include people that make up your regional strength, in manpower etc! if people invade your land will you come out and fight?

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders by arresa: 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2015
[s]
patrick89:

why is he bringing the educated dichotomy into this struggle? who told him he is better than those in the street protesting? who told him that his opinion is the alpha here? does he know what next 50years will be like in nigeria or biafra? what has he been able to propose intellectually to prove that biafra is a wrong idea? how can you label people who are courageous enough to demand freedom illiterate? has he ever seen educated fulanis call their people barbaric herdsmen? or yoruba call their opc touts? this is the secondary reasoning that elude average igbo man that wants to be seen as "different, intelligent " and not like them or not igbotic! have you heard yorubatic hausatic etc? with out these people inter ethnic crisis will just crush you and your ajebota kits and kins! you label Massob ipob names yet they include people that make up your regional strength, in manpower etc! if people invade your land will you come out and fight?
[/s]

Same unintelligent rubbish...

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Questions For US Commander Rodriguez / Hausas Cry Beg Igbos To Come Back VIDEO / Biafra:Confusion as Ahmed Gusau, 'betrays' The North, Backs Nnamdi Kanu,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.