Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,010 members, 7,799,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

What The Capabilities Of This Obd Device? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What The Capabilities Of This Obd Device? (954 Views)

New Arrival: Bluetooth OBD Car Scanners, Works With All Cars (4k) / On-Board Diagnostics (OBD II) - Questions And Answers Thread / Off Road Capabilities Of A Range Rover ( Hell's Revenge ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Capabilities Of This Obd Device? by billy187(m): 5:39pm On Nov 27, 2015
Hey there!

I was searching for a capable OBD reader to buy (scans are pretty darn expensive this side of the world-for me! grin) and I came across this device (pic below) for only a naira equivalent of 7800. It looks too cheap to be true- basically cheaper than some scan jobs around here!

I would like to ask, especially to those that happen to own one...what are its capabilities? limits? Does it detect engine issues? abs problems? airbags? Does it take real time info? I hope it ain't a fancy thing to reset the check engine light!

Thanks in advance!

Re: What The Capabilities Of This Obd Device? by abatically(m): 6:45pm On Nov 27, 2015
Basic obd2 device. Good for personal use (I own one). It will detect basic engine and transmission problems, but then that's it. It won't read abs or SRS and can't be used for in depth scan. Also u need an android phone to use it. But it works well as it also reads live data.

1 Like

Re: What The Capabilities Of This Obd Device? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 27, 2015
abatically:
Basic obd2 device. Good for personal use (I own one). It will detect basic engine and transmission problems, but then that's it. It won't read abs or SRS and can't be used for in depth scan. Also u need an android phone to use it. But it works well as it also reads live data.
Gbam!
Re: What The Capabilities Of This Obd Device? by billy187(m): 10:50pm On Nov 27, 2015
abatically:

Thanks so much! Based on what you say I think its still a pretty good deal- I'd pick one up asap!

1 Like

Re: What The Capabilities Of This Obd Device? by honmusa(m): 6:22am On Nov 28, 2015
You can as well try obdlink sx
Best DIY scantool i have ever used ,very fast ,pull out both Generic and manufacturer codes and best with in depth and detailed analysis.
https://www.nairaland.com/2078663/bonanza-fastest-automobile-scanner-obdlink
https://www.obdsoftware.net/scantools/obdlinksx
You can call autologic @ 08061166316 to ask for the latest price

(1) (Reply)

The Senates Purchased New Bands Of Innoson Automobiles / Which Engine oil Is The Best To Service 1999 Camry ? / New Car-2016 Honda Civic EX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.