Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,940 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

What Is Celtel Doing? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is Celtel Doing? (16949 Views)

Celtel Wap And Mms Settings / Celtel Begins Compensation To Customers / Thread closed{Bonus Credit On Celtel} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Celtel Doing? by ope0lu(m): 11:30am On Oct 18, 2006
ok folks, i dont know if there's another page discussing this but it disturbs m ea lot whats happening with Celtel?
1. they've cut our 12 free sms to 6 only!
2. they've got the highest rates around now- on-net calls is no more 70k/sec
3. what are they doing with the "happy hour" tarriffs available on other networks
4. celtel is suppose to have the "me2u' feature available in other nations they operate but they are not saying anything yet here
5. the only competition celtel seems to rub shoulders with now is mtel, glo and mtn is not in their class at the moment

i'm real pissed with Celtel, really bad!
even MTN that is no customer-friendly, is forming XtraCool and the likes, why is Celtel then totally lagging behind, no for real, i'm abandoning my line till they wake up and do something,

wat you guys thinking or is it just me,
opeolu, 08023978899 [tho its off]
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by dominobaby(f): 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2006
Hi. Well, i wouldn't say celtel's not doing well but recal that there's still free browsing and mms going on. More so, as regards the free text, it was supposed to end september this year, but celtel just decided to keep giving 6!

But for real, av got a glo line, so I'm enjoying their free stuff too - classic talk!

Celtel has to do something sha.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cushman(m): 4:43am On Oct 19, 2006
Free browsing and mms? Thats news to me! I must say i've been a very loyal celtel customer but it seems nothing good is happening. I'v since gotten an MTN line.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2006
sad I've been trying to find answers to that question for about 2 weeks now. First the SMS was reduced to 6 and next the GPRS was non existent again. I thinkk they have the highest tariff in the country now.
I think the company should bring out a "bumpa" promo again to appease to subscribers who might have started migrating to other networks.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by mcmsat(m): 11:09pm On Oct 19, 2006
Celtel is becoming the best network in nigeria if care is not taken!
I don't have any need to make a 1:00am call when i do not really have a reason to call ya. A gift from the DEVIL always has a tag to it! I have MTN but never tried the so-called "free call" Celtel is doing well, and do not forget that they have to settle down first before unfolding things.LOL
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by Saddam: 11:47pm On Oct 19, 2006
Celtel Just dey wake up from Sleep,
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by dominobaby(f): 12:19am On Oct 20, 2006
Cushman, vmobile's free browsing has been on for a long while, i started enjoying this in february this year.
As i explained earlier the free sms would have ended even if it was still vmobile! It was to last till september, celtel just decided to give 6 instead of nothing.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 10:09am On Oct 20, 2006
First of, all the promos and call tariffs where all ideas of celtel when they took the nigerian journalists on a tour; MTN and GLO heard of it and they are letting go of their refrains in panic

Celtel is probably studying the changes and I assure u; celtel is the only company that can handle all these changes cos the are the ones that had it as original plans!

All call centres are free to call but when u speak to their agents, they have become even more rude cos they are not used to the traffic and hoax calls they experience now, they are not trained for that!

Celtel will most def come up with their own stuff and it sure will be som' new for others to 'follow' like they always do!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by ope0lu(m): 11:24am On Oct 20, 2006
been away from my desk, but am happy to hear from y'all, sha
@domino/: i learnt d sms is ending this Sept, but check do u think they should just cut it all or by half, ''cos i dont think its good PR! and we were not notified- i just checked their site 12 free sms is still listed!
i dont know about free browsing and MMS my fone isnt capable,

@mcmsat/: some of us can afford to stay up late to make free calls its not a bad idea, its preude to free weekend calls (hope d networks get to read this)

neways, i'd like to say that when vodacom came on-board it didnt take so long to realease 'bumpa' promo, this guys - celtel better wake up fast, having d highest call rates would tell on them hard,
ciao comrades!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by choco4life(m): 11:01am On Nov 02, 2006
[i][/i]well i would still stick to my celtel, i know they have sth cookin in the kitchen and would lrt it out soonest and it would really upset MTN and Glo send them into grooping wink lipsrsealed
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by goodguy(m): 10:37pm On Nov 04, 2006
They really need to do something about their tariffs.

Imagine, you have to recharge N500 every week just to enter into their stupid promo that one is not even sure of getting anything from.

And very soon, they'll start charging for browsing.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by gbadex1(m): 11:07pm On Nov 04, 2006
Lol, I see no mtn/glo groupies in the house.

Other than that, celtel better somethin' fast about this  packages other networks are spewing out.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by dominobaby(f): 6:01pm On Nov 05, 2006
Goodguy, as he you know. I saw the news yest. on tv. and i was like what rubbish is this? 500 weekly is too much and one is not sure you'll win anything, infact i'm disappointed, i expected something more reasonable.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by dominobaby(f): 6:03pm On Nov 05, 2006
Goodguy, as if you know. I saw the news yest. on tv. and i was like what rubbish is this? 500 weekly is too much and one is not sure you'll win anything, infact i'm disappointed, i expected something more reasonable.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 05, 2006
me too no sabi for them o.
anyway, my glo line na my pride 247.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 9:09pm On Nov 06, 2006
y'al check this out

6 free sms and 1 free sms after every 5 billed

10% on every recharge of N1000

N 15 million (Dream Prize) 1
N250,000 30 pple
N5,000 airtime every week for 1 year 10 pple
N500 airtime 10,000 pple
N200 airtime 25,000 pple
N100 airtime 25,000 pple

and u cant participate twice
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 9:13pm On Nov 06, 2006
and its about time they started charging for gprs; it has been free for close to 2 years
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by choco4life(m): 11:01am On Nov 07, 2006
Well to me, Celtel is the best network.
About the free midnight calls it is something else one dont need to be up till 12.3oam to make a call when he/she has an hectic day in front.
See, i am a subscriber of both MTN and CELTEL,
I tried this free midnight call thing some days back and i must confess it was hell the following day cos i was a shadow of myself, if MTN wants to give it's subs free call it should at least start at 10.30pm not at wee hours for GOD sake. Another problem to address is the connection cos it is very bhard for a call to go through you would have to keep trying to get thru,two wks ago i tried calling a friend from the dot of 12.30am i was not able to get him till 5.30am when the time of the purpoted free call comes to an end for the day.
Addressing the issue of SMS's, Vmobile promised twelve free SMS's/mnth for twoi years from sep 2004 which expired sep, so Celtel is just fair enough to leave at six indefinitely. The SMS's makes Cetel unique as it could be used on any network.
I believe Celtel has something cookin in the kitchen and would let it out soon and this will send MTN and GLO groping.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by chiziteihe(m): 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2006
With free browsing and mms still on including 6 free sms to any network, i think they deserve some commendation. Mtn and glo are reducing the lifespan of many nigerians with their so called free night calls. The human adult body needs 8 hours of rest each day. I wish all nigerians divine health.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by chiziteihe(m): 8:42pm On Nov 07, 2006
With free browsing and mms still on including 6 free sms to any network, i think they deserve some commendation. Mtn and glo are reducing the lifespan of many nigerians with their so called free night calls. The human adult body needs 8 hours of rest each day. I wish all nigerians divine health.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by candylips(m): 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2006
make una enjoy am while it lasts
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 12:39pm On Nov 10, 2006
and that wont be long!!!

meanwhile celtel is going to be the first to annouce the lauch of 3G network in nigeria! this awaits approval by ncc!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by uzomaeze(m): 6:55pm On Nov 10, 2006
i called a call center operator the othe day and she told me they have plans and its still on , let them be lets keep our fingers crossed
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 7:15pm On Nov 10, 2006
thats fo sho! thet are blazing hot right there
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by candylips(m): 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2006
are the better than MTN now
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by bobotee(m): 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2006
November 10, 2006.

The men of the State Security Service (SSS) Alausa unit, have raided the office of PostNet Communications, publishers of Southwest Post, a weekly newspaper, located at 5, Adegbeyeni Street, off Allen Avenue, Ikeja and took along the publisher Mr. Dupe Ashama and it’s Entertainment Editor Mr. Taiwo Obatusin.

No reason was given for the raid, as they also carted away copies of the editions of the newspaper and computer systems and other items yet to be ascertained.

The five armed men who arrived in a green van with plate number AR341KRD, Lagos at about Noon on Friday November 10, 2006 and began the search of the premises of the publication house.

Initially the van was parked some few meters away from the premises, but was later driven to the front of the building for the purpose of conveying the materials carted away from the media house.

This is another way that the present administration has clearly demonstrated that it is opposed to constructive criticism and genuine public opinion by using state power to gauge the press which is against the Universal Declaration of the Freedom of the Press as contained in Article 19 of the African Charter of Human and Peoples Right and the Nigerian constitution.

We feel strongly that if the government is not at home or against any news publication in the Southwest Post Newspaper the right thing they should have done is seek redress in the law court and not resorting to a form of intimidation as witnessed today.

SIGNED:
IPOOLA AKINLOTAN
Head, Operations
PostNet Communications
Publishers of Southwest Post Newspapers
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by candylips(m): 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2006
what is the relevance of your post bobotee to the topic
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by jydoh(m): 8:23pm On Nov 10, 2006
Nairalanders, plss easy up on Celtel, they just got into the Nigeria market. Remember, they are not Econet, Vodacom & Vmobile.

I know they cant be daft to want to loss in the race evn to the least rated Mtel.

Lets keep our fingers crossed and ope 4 goodies. wink wink wink
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by Oracle(m): 8:26pm On Nov 10, 2006
Well, i'm not a celtel subscriber but the free browsing is really enticing? shocked
Is it still on with the network?
if yes, when is it likely to be over

secondly, if you connect your GPRS with one network, will it work when you put another SIM card in the phone?
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by Jalal(m): 8:39pm On Nov 10, 2006
Celtel is going down these days, too bad their gprs isnt active yet where i am as the MTN gprs is slow and costly.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 8:48pm On Nov 10, 2006
quite soon!

3G is on too
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by candylips(m): 9:04pm On Nov 10, 2006
thats cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. / All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App / Please How Can I Migrate From MTN Pulse To Beta Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.