Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,045 members, 7,799,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

MTN And Line Transfer Palaver - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / MTN And Line Transfer Palaver (420 Views)

Kobohub MTN and ETISALAT Data Services Live on Nairaland / GET YOUR CHEAP SME DATA BUNDLES for ALL networks here. Check in! / MTN And Lumos To Launch ‘mobile Electricity On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MTN And Line Transfer Palaver by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 27, 2015
As may be expected,the cheapness of network lines means the overall ability to buy one or more when the need arises.So i went to an mtn agent to get a brand new sim for myself to be used in my blog's contact just in case anyone wants to reach me.

Boy,i really like mtn cause the network is relatively stable in my hood,though i had one before but i decided to get another,hmmmm.

On getting to the agent's outlet,i did the needful:Looked for a line with numbers that could easily be remembered,i guess that is what you do too.Next i paid for the line...ooooo,it cost just a hundred naira,then spent a while of time to get the line registered,off i went home.

It however took days for the sim to be activated,by now i was not smiling with my network of choice 'cos i have got no number up in my blog for the time.Getting impatient,i called customer care,hope you still remember the number...180,a tender voice from the other side answered me so politely,hmmm,need not to say it over that their customer care is among the best in the country.She quickly told me to be patient or re-register the line.

By this time i had developed a phobia for my network of choice and wondered if i should switch to a new network.However,before i could take that decision,as a loyal customer,i zoomed to the agent's place again,got the line re-registered and voila,it was a message welcoming me to mtn.

What is even your business with me getting a line for my blog,why do i have to bother you about this?Hold a while,there is more to be told.I then got the line in my blog,felt good 'cos a major vacuum has been filled.Then within days i received my first call,the voice asked to speak with one Godspower,but come to think of it,i am Frank,while would anyone call my line and asked to speak to Godspower,i simply replied with a "WRONG NUMBER" from my end.

After somedays and subsequently i would receive endless calls regarding Godspower,and one caller was specifically very sure of the line that it was Godspower,he asked me "Bros when did you start the usage of this line?I answer by telling him "just a few weeks ago".I also told him i bought the line new and registered it myself.After all this encounter i knew something must be wrong,so i decided to do the needful.In your mind,what is the needful Frank?Call 180 offcourse.

I called 180,as is expected a solemn welcome from the other side,i told my ordeal,and asked to verify my detail.The voice said"The line belonged to the other person,but he did not use it for six months,so we transfered the line,you are now the original owner of the line,your details are very correct".I regained confidence but a few things ran through my mind:They transfered a line,called it a new line sealed in pack,what if the original owner had commited crime with the line,what if for any reason someone was after him,are safe am i with a transfered line,this and many more thoughts kept running through my mind.

Confident i proudly own a line,good;but the line getting disturbed at regular intervals by people claiming to kn ow the original owner of the line,gets me sick,inconveniences me.Too bad however for the network,it is really Mtn and line transfer palaver,something i believe the smart mtn guys have never taken time to analyse.

http://www.frankenabulele..com.ng/2015/11/mtn-and-line-transfer-palaver.html#more

(1) (Reply)

NCC Moves Against Unsolicited Sms By Telcos / Eaton 10kva Ups / Buy Your Fairly Used Old Laptop Parts Here At Very Cheap Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.