Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,037 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:52 AM

Aspiring Video Game Programmers Lounge. - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Aspiring Video Game Programmers Lounge. (7178 Views)

Python Programmers' Lounge / Help An Aspiring Programmer / Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aspiring Video Game Programmers Lounge. by dueal(m): 7:37pm On Mar 13, 2010
@all. Hey, seems the NL gamers have be sleeping since i was last here. Anywayz, had to announce that the game engine's release is still on schedule as today mega-max was able to complete the embedding of the Lua scripting language in the game engine. That's awesome! Don't knw what i'ld have done without his contribution. Well, we are left with embedding Python scripting support with a video player for the Theora encoding. Beta release coming soon. Keep playing & coding games.
Re: Aspiring Video Game Programmers Lounge. by Seun(m): 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2010
Great thread. Are you still making games?

1 Like

Re: Aspiring Video Game Programmers Lounge. by dueal(m): 9:04pm On Mar 21, 2010
@seun. Am i still making games? Sure!! It's like a sickness without a cure. Need to complete the game development framework to a stable release. Keep playing and coding games.
Re: Aspiring Video Game Programmers Lounge. by dueal(m): 8:53pm On Mar 23, 2010
@all. Game dev aspirants, we are on a roll. Python embedding in the framework is now 75% complete but we still have to write a few custom python extensions in C/C++ to call it a wrap on this stage of development. Keep ur fingers crossed. Play and Code games.

1 Like

Re: Aspiring Video Game Programmers Lounge. by Kobojunkie: 10:57am On Jun 01, 2012
any games yet?
Re: Aspiring Video Game Programmers Lounge. by dueal(m): 8:11am On Oct 23, 2013
Wow...been forever. After doing a lot of 'boring' web and db apps i've had enough. A good time to be back in this business. With game startups springing up in the country. Good work to them.
Re: Aspiring Video Game Programmers Lounge. by wisemania(m): 10:02am On Oct 23, 2013
Wow naija is realy developing,game thread is bekoming serious and promising in dis section...atleast we should be having naija's made 3D games made by our very own naija BROTHERS.....keep d ball rolling bross duael,am sure oda gurus will join u soon...3D games dey scare me sha!

1 Like

Re: Aspiring Video Game Programmers Lounge. by dueal(m): 10:10am On Oct 23, 2013
@wiseman...funny...3d is just more involved than 2d...its not so scary...wat r ur strengths then?
Re: Aspiring Video Game Programmers Lounge. by gameaddict(m): 12:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
3D is a bit easy if you use tools like unity3d and have a good artist/animator. But you have to learn new concepts and be prepared to face new challenges especially with respect to cameras (angles, camera collision with environment [or better, smart cameras that adjust to the environment], etc) and interaction. And unless you're fully prepared, avoid undertaking huge projects where you have to start learning every process because there's no one else to it.

Anyways, check out my 2d game, super akpos. Its an entry for the MTN app developer competition.

Description: Akpos goes for some coins, avoiding missiles and missile-riding-monkeys in this exciting Nigerian game. What's more? It comes in four languages; English, Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba.

Link: http://www.nexva.mobi/31287

1 Like

Re: Aspiring Video Game Programmers Lounge. by wisemania(m): 6:18pm On Oct 23, 2013
dueal: @wiseman...funny...3d is just more involved than 2d...its not so scary...wat r ur strengths then?
Boss truth be told,i av no experience wt so eva as regards games development.i made my research on 3D maths and physics ,and 4rm wt i saw i dnt tink i cn venture in2 3D 4now,coz am not dat solid @ maths and physics(dou am an engineering student),but i no a little about c++ and am sure wif tym ill go back 2 it,but not now,coz av gat some departmental courses 2 cover(dou we're on strike) and also some webcourses aswell,but i kw wif tym ill blend in2 ICT proper..now bak to ur question of "my strength", am a good and fast learner,i love challenges..dats y i am addicted to this programming section....dats all i can say 4now Boss...thank you!

1 Like

Re: Aspiring Video Game Programmers Lounge. by hunter21(m): 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hi guys, i've got some mind blowing
concepts and storyline for a new first person
shooter game like never seen before. if you
are good at using cryengine3 or any next
generation game engine please contact me
on bbm; 7c7fe641
Re: Aspiring Video Game Programmers Lounge. by hunter21(m): 12:57am On Jan 24, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You need to see this! "Awoof" Offer You Can't Get Anywhere Else / All You Need To Know About The Law As A Programmer & Startup Founder In Nigeria / I Want To Build Websites All By Myself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.