Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially (15654 Views)

My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / My Husband Seeks His Father’s Permission Before Intercourse: Wife / I Won’t Share My Husband’s Manhood With Any Woman: Wife (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by kweenkong(f): 7:47am On Nov 28, 2015
Madam I feel for you and I know God will answer ur prayers.

To be honest ur husband is not trying enough, when things get to this level he needs to take drastic measures. Even with his book business he can have other hustles. People drive okada, tricycles and buses just to put food on the table. Even women do it when it has gotten tough. And this are things u can get people to invest in for you. If u worship in a good get somebody to finance any of the above for u and u deliver money daily or weekly to the person. Once in a while he takes a day or 2 to pursue his book hustle.
Let him just be faithful in remitting the owners money simple. I wish u well.

5 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 8:56am On Nov 28, 2015
MurphyG1:
Madam can't your husband teach? I know many people who live in Suleja and work in Abuja.

Secondly, if he cannot teach he should sit up! Walk into the 1,001 private organisations ( hotels, laundry services, restaurants etc) and request to see the manager. Most times there are vacancies and until u try before you know this. Mind you, you do not need to know anybody before you do this!

He needs to improve his hussling spirit!

We talked on that before, he said he does not like teaching and for the hotel, he walked as a manager in one hotel in gwarimpa but they still owe him 1 year salary so he had to stop
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by EfemenaXY: 9:23am On Nov 28, 2015
yebo36:
Hi all, am pretty new here on this section but am impressed that matters of the heart is being addressed here.

Its been four years of marriage and I have been the only one with a monthly income of just 30k supporting the family. Truly am tried but just hanging on.

Recently, i discovered that my husband can't perform well on bed, hardly eats and losing weight. Just this evening i asked if he was sick but he said no its his finances that is affecting him.

Please to all the married men and women in the house your advice will be highly appreciated.

I tried fivver, freelancer writing articles but its not easy to write and meet deadline with kids and so much responsibility of running the home. So I had to put it on hold.

A couple of questions for you:

~ How old is your husband and what was he doing for a living before getting married to you?

~ How long have you both been married for? And how long has he been unemployed for?

1 Like

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 28, 2015
Op it cant be easy with a family of 4 is surviving on 30K

Anyway, what are your husbands strengths and what is he good at?

That and coupled with being realistic you need to both sit down and work out the best way forward.

Look for something that will generate a steady income for you. Selling books in a country where the citizens do not even have time to read is a waste of time.

Also relying on other people to go and come before paying you is also dangerous especially in your situation. People are very good at spinning stories when it comes to paying their debts.

What you want is something that you can sell/deliver/make/provide where you will be paid immediately and you put your money in your pocket and go; investing some back into the business and spending some.

Your hubby may have to retrain. There is no dirty job and being a graduate will help him to learn the ropes quickly and put some finesse into whatever he is doing. I know of graduates raking in money by renovating private houses in Abj. I am not saying they got there in a day but they did what they had to do when there were no regular jobs. They all had to retrain and are now sought after because they bring that extra edge compared to Mr Plumber and Mr Interlock off the street.

Op you can also add a few extra things to what you are doing to boost your own income in your spare time too; fashion design, hair, beads, cakes, decoration, make up, catering, party bags etc etc every little penny helps.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Eketem: 9:42am On Nov 28, 2015
yebo36:

We talked on that before, h[b]e said he does not like teaching and for th[/b]e hotel, he walked as a manager in one hotel in gwarimpa but they still owe him 1 year salary so he had to stop

At this point he should be more concerned about putting food on the table not about what he likes or doesn't like. When he doesn't have mouths to feed and bills to pay he has the chance to be picky.
What did he want to do when he read philosophy.
Okay what does he want to do? Like I said he needs to be the one growing up, you can try all you want but if he doesn't have the determination there is little you can do

10 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Acidosis(m): 9:56am On Nov 28, 2015
yebo36:
Hi all, am pretty new here on this section but am impressed that matters of the heart is being addressed here.

Its been four years of marriage and I have been the only one with a monthly income of just 30k supporting the family. Truly am tried but just hanging on.

Recently, i discovered that my husband can't perform well on bed, hardly eats and losing weight. Just this evening i asked if he was sick but he said no its his finances that is affecting him.

Please to all the married men and women in the house your advice will be highly appreciated.

I tried fivver, freelancer writing articles but its not easy to write and meet deadline with kids and so much responsibility of running the home. So I had to put it on hold.

I think you should create and dedicate some time for the freelance writing. Fivver will definitely give you some crazy deadlines so I won't encourage you to continue with fivver. You can be independent and successful.

I could help out by issuing some of my unending tasks with considerable timeframe. I've tested fivver and I can assure you of the fact that you'll make double of what you earn from fivver as an independent freelancer.

How long will it take you to complete a 3000 word paper (without outright copying/plagiarism)?

Do you do statistics, or market research?

Normally, you should be able to write 1000 words daily (you've written over 200 words only on this thread). If you do that consecutively for 3-4 days, you should get something very close or more than your current N30,000/monthly. You have the key in your hands madam. USE it!
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by EfemenaXY: 9:58am On Nov 28, 2015
Eketem:

At this point he should be more concerned about putting food on the table not about what he likes or doesn't like. When he doesn't have mouths to feed and bills to pay he has the chance to be picky.
What did he want to do when he read philosophy.
Okay what does he want to do?
Like I said he needs to be the one growing up, you can try all you want but if he doesn't have the determination there is little you can do

Good questions.

And that's why I'd like to know what he was doing for a living pre-marriage. Hustling isn't for every one and if that be the case, then she's got her work cut out, especially as there seems to be a pattern here.

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by EfemenaXY: 10:00am On Nov 28, 2015
Acidosis:

I think you should create and dedicate some time for the freelance writing. Fivver will definitely give you some crazy deadlines so I won't encourage you to continue with fivver. You can be independent and successful.

I could help out by issuing some of my unending tasks with considerable timeframe. I've tested fivver and I can assure you of the fact that you'll make double of what you earn from fivver as an independent freelancer.

How long will it take you to complete a 3000 word paper (without outright copying/plagiarism)?

Do you do statistics, or market research?

Aren't they a books / product reviewing website?
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Acidosis(m): 10:06am On Nov 28, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Aren't they a books / product reviewing website?

Yes, some clients seek the expertise of freelance reviewers, but I don't think such deals are easy to come by
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by EfemenaXY: 10:13am On Nov 28, 2015
Acidosis:

Yes, some clients seek the expertise of freelance reviewers, but I don't think such deals are easy to come by

What deals? To review?
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Acidosis(m): 10:15am On Nov 28, 2015
EfemenaXY:

What deals? To review?
Yes, to review
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by EfemenaXY: 10:27am On Nov 28, 2015
Acidosis:
Yes, to review

Maybe, maybe not.

Quantity speaks for itself on that site. The more books / products a reviewer has under their belt + rankings received, the better.

As an author, if I get a shoddy / copy & paste review, I certainly won't find it funny. Some claim to review literature in 24 hours but I find those reviews dubious. The reviewer has to take into context the range of subject matter, complexity, and most importantly genre. There is no one size fits all.

And I'm sorry to be harsh here but going by the quality of lanuguage she's used in posting on here, I wouldn't recommend she reviews literature - unless short stories. But certainly not novellas and definitely not novels.

No one wants a "rushed" review and with 2 young kids under 4? I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Acidosis(m): 10:45am On Nov 28, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Maybe, maybe not.

Quantity speaks for itself on that site. The more books / products a reviewer has under their belt + rankings received, the better.

As an author, if I get a shoddy / copy & paste review, I certainly won't find it funny. Some claim to review literature in 24 hours but I find those reviews dubious. The reviewer has to take into context the range of subject matter, complexity, and most importantly genre. There is no one size fits all.

And I'm sorry to be harsh here but going by the quality of language she's used in posting on here, I wouldn't recommend she reviews literature - unless short stories. But certainly not novellas and definitely not novels.

No one wants a "rushed" review and with 2 young kids under 4? I don't think so.

I perfectly understand your stance. In fact I won't advise her to delve into story writing/literature/fiction, and other areas where one needs to transform & transfer imaginations into writing.

I'm believing she'd do well in the area of business writing, essays & may be academic briefs where people like me depend vastly on secondary/primary sources (without outright copying/pasting). The challenge however as you've rightly mentioned is TIME/distraction.
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by MurphyG1(m): 11:12am On Nov 28, 2015
yebo36:

We talked on that before, he said he does not like teaching and for the hotel, he walked as a manager in one hotel in gwarimpa but they still owe him 1 year salary so he had to stop

They owe him one year salary? shocked shocked shocked

Has the hotel closed down? Didnt they pay any other staff during that period?

If your story is true then please intensify your prayers!
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 28, 2015
Acidosis:

I perfectly understand your stance. In fact I won't advise her to delve into story writing/literature/fiction, and other areas where one needs to transform & transfer imaginations into writing.

I'm believing she'd do well in the area of business writing, essays & may be academic briefs where people like me depend vastly on secondary/primary sources (without outright copying/pasting). The challenge however as you've rightly mentioned is TIME/distraction.

Please, how can I reach you? On this same subject matter.
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Acidosis(m): 12:00pm On Nov 28, 2015
cedaraustine:

Please, how can I reach you? On this same subject matter.
Replied
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by ogawisdom(m): 12:53pm On Nov 28, 2015
Op ur husband is still talking abt wat he likes n doesnt like to do when u pay rent, feed him and his children for 4years and counting. He shld man up and start thinking abt survival of his family at this point and shld b ready to do any legal thing to provide for his family. He shld
1. Learn hw to drive keke, taxi,bus, okada
2.Learn hw to Barb n start barbing saloon
3. Take up teaching job in primary/sec whether he likes it or nt his family needs d money
4. Football viewing center
5. Go to construction sites there are alot to do n earn a living there
6. Learn skills in demand in his area

He must bring sth to d table monthly, BC even God is nt happy with him as he is worst than an infidel nw. Talk to him and encourage him to hustle harder

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 12:59pm On Nov 28, 2015
MurphyG1:

They owe him one year salary? shocked shocked shocked

Has the hotel closed down? Didnt they pay any other staff during that period?

If your story is true then please intensify your prayers!

Yes one year. The manager before him left due to same reason.
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Good questions.

And that's why I'd like to know what he was doing for a living pre-marriage. Hustling isn't for every one and if that be the case, then she's got her work cut out, especially as there seems to be a pattern here.

He was working with Union insurance before marriage.

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2015
ogawisdom:
Op ur husband is still talking abt wat he likes n doesnt like to do when u pay rent, feed him and his children for 4years and counting. He shld man up and start thinking abt survival of his family at this point and shld b ready to do any legal thing to provide for his family. He shld
1. Learn hw to drive keke, taxi,bus, okada
2.Learn hw to Barb n start barbing saloon
3. Take up teaching job in primary/sec whether he likes it or nt his family needs d money
4. Football viewing center
5. Go to construction sites there are alot to do n earn a living there
6. Learn skills in demand in his area

He must bring sth to d table monthly, BC even God is nt happy with him as he is worst than an infidel nw. Talk to him and encourage him to hustle harder

I also think he is not trying enough at times but maybe I don't know how to put it across to him cos we always end up quarreling. Am thinking of talking to an elderly person i know he respect to talk to him
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Dyt(f): 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2015
Wow
Wow
As a woman, you can't see your family failing but as a man (your husband) he's just sitting home praying hoping the miracle will walk up to him
Wow and wow and wow

Yes marriages have the financial parts but not when one is trying and the other is hoping on prayers

I have a friend, he's a man, educated, he just got outta job, dude is fine, got all the things classy ladies want but he don't have money but do you know what he does?
Cleaning every weekend
He doesn't even mind selling okrika clothes as he's saving towards it

Does your hubby think he's too big for any job?
Yes I understand cos I am a witness to a broke family, I supported but never tolerated a lazy and excuse man
He's gotta get his damn asssss up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 6:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
Thank you all for your contributions. I will talk to him to get more skills. Please men in the house, how do i talk him out of his comfort zone?
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 28, 2015
yebo36:

I also think he is not trying enough at times but maybe I don't know how to put it across to him cos we always end up quarreling. Am thinking of talking to an elderly person i know he respect to talk to him

So what does he do all day?
Does he go out looking for work or is he sitting at home

There is a difference between someone who has just given up on life and someone who is just lazy even though the symptoms may look similar
You know your husband better than anyone . . if he is just being lazy then you need to make him realise that this is not acceptable and he needs to go out there and hustle to put food on the family table. Its his responsibility to do so.

If he is depressed and frustrated, then you may need to support him in anyway you can to get his feet back on the ground.
it is well

1 Like

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by ifyjohnson(f): 7:56pm On Nov 28, 2015
Eketem:
For one allow him to grow up
You seem to be doing all the work for him getting money for him to start business, sending him for prayers etc.
He needs to own up and stand on his own two feet. What kind of business is he doing and did he have any training or experience before jumping in?
Most times we just " start business" without laying foundations just because we see people suceeding in that business.

The Igbos do years of apprenticeship before opening their own business for a reason.

If his business isn't going well it means he needs to learn how to run it profitably let him humble himself and learn from someone else who has gone far in the relationship.

He read philosophy in reality his chances of employment are limited.

My advice is don't have more kids for now
Both of you draw up a five year plan
Let him help out more with the kids so you can meet your deadlines and make more money.

A family needs both hands on deck to succeed, he needs to get out of self pity and put his families survival first. This happens when people go into marriage hoping destiny or fate will better their fortunes instead of proper planning

Bro you spoke my mind I have observed the way you respond to issues here and I must say I love it, it only shows your level of maturity

Keep it up Bro

3 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by ifyjohnson(f): 8:04pm On Nov 28, 2015
Op may God strengthen you pray there is nothing too hard for God to do but make your husband to realise that all prayer without action is meaningless

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by thelish(f): 8:40am On Nov 29, 2015
Madam if u pamper this ur husband join this laziness, na be say u go quick old ooo.
I was once In ur shoe. The problem is, they feel too big n proud to do some certain jobs irrespective of d cash in flow. U can report him to anybody he respects.

3 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 1:22pm On Nov 29, 2015
thelish:
Madam if u pamper this ur husband join this laziness, na be say u go quick old ooo.
I was once In ur shoe. The problem is, they feel too big n proud to do some certain jobs irrespective of d cash in flow. U can report him to anybody he respects.

Really? So how did you handle it. I have made up my mind to talk to someone he respect. But will do that when we are not together. Tomorrow is perfect. Thanks.
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by EfemenaXY: 1:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
thelish:

So how did you turn your situation around?
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2015
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 29, 2015
yebo36:

Yes i agree with this part, i really think he should learn a skill i think that's were we need to concentrate.

We stay in Suleja Niger state about 30mins drive to Abuja. Do you think he needs to relocate to maybe Lagos? I suggested it once though and i told him i don't mind staying behind so he can find his part. What do you think sir?

Ahh. my dear sister. living apart is not a good thing. I'm speaking from experience. You will pay for accommodation in both places. Feed. Transportation (local and visitations) at the end of the day, you will still not be fulfilled unless his job is so well paying.

Let him submit CVs in Abuja. some schools pay well. might even be close to 100k.

Go to places too and drop CVS. there is little in Suleja o. I once lived there. Better chances are in Abuja.

But if you are sure, he will get a very good job in Lagos and u all move down together, that would be good.
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
Ahh. I just saw that he doesn't like teaching. I don't think this is a matter of what he likes or doesn't like o. He has to intensify his efforts. You have tried in your way.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Dyt(f): 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
Rukemi291:
Ahh. I just saw that he doesn't like teaching. I don't think this is a matter of what he likes or doesn't like o. He has to intensify his efforts. You have tried in your way.

He doesn't like teaching def won't like some other kind of jobs
Op pls stop making excuses for your husband
In this part if the country not everyone likes what they are doing
They are doing it cos of the pay
Excuse is a no no no

I was in this situation too
Yes we had our shouting days and very best days during this time
You gotta push him
You can't be the only one pushing while he's watching

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

John T Bobick Death – SVU Law And Order Mourns / Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? / My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.