Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,760 members, 7,802,321 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? (23453 Views)

PHP Or Javascript / Bespoke Digital Media: Which Language Is Best For Web Development-php Or JAVA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by candylips(m): 4:56pm On Apr 14, 2009
Sam Milla:

more like comparing windows OS and Mac

Or Apples and Oranges
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by ezeuba(m): 5:00pm On May 17, 2009
As far as I can tell php has made my web programming life easier. I started out with html and progressed into php/mysql, since then I have tried my hands on coldfusion, asp.net but both of them did not give me the ease of use, control and insight into web programming php has given me, plus the near-limitless resources, scripts and all for free online. Most times I start by taking a free script and reading, understanding, and modifying it to achieve my goals. Call me a copycat or whatever, but it gets the job done, and most of all I endeavour to study the code before modifying and using it. Now I cannot say much about coldfusion but since I am at ease with php, why change it since it does everything I could wish for.
Cheers.
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by indicatur: 11:36am On May 20, 2009
I believe more in PHP Apps Development compared to ColdFussion Click here to learn more
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by mj(m): 9:07am On Aug 31, 2010
I just don't like it when programmers start comparing one language to the other, what I believe matter most is the end product not type of language used in doing it, What your client want is the end product not how you did it, pls.
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by Beaf: 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2010
mj:

I just don't like it when programmers start comparing one language to the other, what I believe matter most is the end product not type of language used in doing it, What your client want is the end product not how you did it, pls.

One day, you will know that in programming languages, "man pass man!"
Even on the .NET platform, try coding a real-time, low level video processing app in VB.NET, then try the same in C#. . . after that come back and tell me "language no pass language," and your client wouldn't care about one version of the app simply grinding to a halt, because the load is too heavy. cool

As you gain experience, you will drop that mantra. However, if you only code for the web, then it might not matter (except you're the next twitter or facebook with killer levels of traffic).
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by mj(m): 9:42am On Sep 01, 2010
Beaf:

One day, you will know that in programming languages, "man pass man!"
Even on the .NET platform, try coding a real-time, low level video processing app in VB.NET, then try the same in C#. . . after that come back and tell me "language no pass language," and your client wouldn't care about one version of the app simply grinding to a halt, because the load is too heavy. cool

As you gain experience, you will drop that mantra. However, if you only code for the web, then it might not matter (except you're the next twitter or facebook with killer levels of traffic).
I'm not saying the programming languages don't matter, all i'm saying is "I don't like it when comparison starts on them". As a programmer I believe is your job to ensure your client software is user friendly and not taking all day to load, lol
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by tallgal(f): 8:16am On Jan 18, 2011
Have you seen Coldfusion 9? You can do almost about anything in ColdFusion these days. Try drawing a graph in PHP.
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by instinctg(m): 2:31pm On Jan 18, 2011
ColdFusion 4Life!
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by kodewrita(m): 10:34am On Mar 10, 2011
tallgal:

Have you seen Coldfusion 9? You can do almost about anything in ColdFusion these days. Try drawing a graph in PHP.
I do that conveniently with Jpgraph. its pure PHP sugar. PHP rocks simple and if you use frameworks like Codeigniter, life becomes even sweeter. You think, it appears. simple.
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by phpisnum1: 8:49pm On Jan 05, 2012
Well Lets See. Since I Was Born Macromedia / Adobe I would have to say that cold fusion as for "integration & simplicity For the programmer" is way better. But as For options & future deployment and simplicity for the user "Experience" Def Php. Php is open src. Anything open src topples over structured systems. 3 million people are working on php scripts every day. I no longer have to reinvent the wheel every time I want something better. the Project i worked on for a year is thrown out for free and by the time it gets back to me in 8 months it already had commented tag lines describing what all 50 programmers did to add their "digital Signature" This is amazing when it comes to new technologies coming out because people start making things for them instantly and sharing them collectively until a final project is done and then everyone uses it in their own way.

I have contracted many different src from many different places and independent internet programmers all over the world mastering joomla and 3 party extensions on the 1.5. Its Unbelievable In the search engines being able to use so many talents available.

Like on any team you can not play with your self. Well maybe some of you do but you get the point. If I'm gonna score a touch down I need someone to throw or catch the ball.

coldfusion is designed to make you look for this person.

Php is design to make that person look for you.

It happens 100 times faster with way better results.

you cant pay for creativity. You have to just let it happen.
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 15, 2012
pls i really need someone to help me out on these courses.i want to learn it from scratch.pls contact me if u can chuzzyrules@gmaildotcom
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by micodon(m): 7:52pm On Jan 18, 2012
you are definitely not a web programmer. if you are, you ought to know that PHP is the best dynamic web development language for the web.

ColdFusion i cant believe you. PHP's chief competitor is even ASP. your question should be rephrased to "PHP and Coldfusion, which do you prefer?"
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by kodewrita(m): 4:25pm On Jan 20, 2012
Micodon, there is no 'best' language.

The 'best' language is the one that enables the development team/focal person to 'best' approximate the customers needs/expectations. and customers are as different from each other as A is from B.

Sometimes they want tried and trusted.

Others want code so easy to build that accountants could do it by drag and drop.

others want speedy code that can be stored in small memory spaces.

You must fit the tool to the problem and vice versa
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 22, 2012
^^^In short. a programmer should be vast in knowlege.
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by micodon(m): 9:54am On Jan 23, 2012
Koderiter, listen to yourself. PHP and COldfusion, which is better. i'm guessing you are gonna choose one. if one is better, why cant there be a language that can be termed "best". Do your research
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by dhtml5: 10:40am On Jan 23, 2012
^^^Or why can there not be 1 single framework or IDE that will solve the problems of all programmers once and for all!!!
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by candylips(m): 4:31pm On Feb 01, 2012
PHP is no longer in fashion these days grin
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by kodewrita(m): 4:33pm On Feb 01, 2012
^^^^you wan start fight again abi. grin cunny man
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by jamessmit(m): 6:32am On Feb 02, 2012
I think PHP is better because now PHP is a booming Industry, !!!
Re: PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? by naijainfogalery: 5:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
Bournvita - Whether served piping hot or refreshingly cold, this Cadbury's international favorite has had Nigerians swooning since it was first introduced to us over 50 years ago. Order now and get the kid inside you smiling.

Nigerians living in America looking for where to buy Bournvita, you can get it here

http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/bournvita?variant=953498681

(1) (2) (Reply)

[Project] 2012 Summer Of Code - WORK HAS COMMENCED / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / Programmers: At What Age Did You Start Programming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.