Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

New Hollywood Movie "SHELTER" A Wrong Impression About The Nigerian Accent - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / New Hollywood Movie "SHELTER" A Wrong Impression About The Nigerian Accent (527 Views)

Request For Any Hollywood movie, Tv Series Download Link / Stephanie Okereke-Linus Stars In "Boonville Redemption", A Hollywood Movie / Will Smith's Terrible Nigerian Accent As Dr. Bennet Omalu In "Concussion” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Hollywood Movie "SHELTER" A Wrong Impression About The Nigerian Accent by noavailablename(m): 2:33am On Nov 28, 2015
The American movie "SHELTER" starring Jennifer Connelly and Anthony Mackie, is all about the life of a Nigerian who travelled to America, he eventually overstayed his visa duration, life became tough for him as he is always on the run, did i forget to mention he met this white chick? oh yea! he met this white chick with a dark past and the rest is blah! blah! blah!. The point here is i was so disappointed when i heard the so called Nigerian speak, his so called Nigerian accent is so not Nigerian. I mean they should at least get accent right. these people assume that all africans sound the same? let me just say:
1. That stereotype about Africa is deeply rooted in them.
2. The director, producer or who ever made this movie has shown a sign of incompetence; yes! i mean how can he not know? how much does a nigerian visa cost, that's if he hasn't come across two or three Nigerians over there with our accent.

For those who would love to see the movie, you can watch the Official Trailer below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-CFg7rf8dY
Re: New Hollywood Movie "SHELTER" A Wrong Impression About The Nigerian Accent by tuzle(m): 2:53am On Nov 28, 2015
dis is an old movie, and a very poor movie
Re: New Hollywood Movie "SHELTER" A Wrong Impression About The Nigerian Accent by noavailablename(m): 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2015
Seriously dude? lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Photography And Video Services In Abuja / South Seas Massacre / Picture Of A Bus That Was Voluntarily Made To Explode In A Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.