Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? (26980 Views)

Should I Dump My Bsc Degree To Be A Mechanic Apprentice? / Should I Stop Work And Do A Masters Programme? / Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by Innovativeeng: 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2015
Hello,
I understand your situation. Speaking from experience I will advise you to do your master's and get a job in nigeria no matter how small it is. Travelling abroad is only a beautiful life in pictures and not in reality. When you are abroad you struggle to learn the language and culture, you struggle to get a residency permit which normally takes years minimum of 5years. You struggle to feed, to pay monthly rent minimum of 400€. You are regarded as a second class human being cuz you are black. Mind you the only job you are qualify to do will be cleaning or security jobs. Office job is a tall dream, happens rarely and takes years. Going abroad is like joining a cult you start regret after joining and not easy to come out of it. Many are starving and suffering abroad but can't come back home cuz of shame. Experiences: I have been to USA, LONDON, GERMANY,FRANCE & HOLLAND.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by uruoneluv(f): 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2015
I think dat u should pray for divine direction. Noting is impossible in d site of God
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by erico2k2(m): 4:29pm On Nov 28, 2015
macminista:
u don live for yankee?
Live No but I have visited, I know that Nj and Tx are more packed with Nigerians than california etc
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by erico2k2(m): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2015
Innovativeeng:
Hello,
I understand your situation. Speaking from experience I will advise you to do your master's and get a job in nigeria no matter how small it is. Travelling abroad is only a beautiful life in pictures and not in reality. When you are abroad you struggle to learn the language and culture, you struggle to get a residency permit which normally takes years minimum of 5years. You struggle to feed, to pay monthly rent minimum of 400€. You are regarded as a second class human being cuz you are black. Mind you the only job you are qualify to do will be cleaning or security jobs. Office job is a tall dream, happens rarely and takes years. Going abroad is like joining a cult you start regret after joining and not easy to come out of it. Many are starving and suffering abroad but can't come back home cuz of shame. Experiences: I have been to USA, LONDON, GERMANY,FRANCE & HOLLAND.
U sure say you live for USA and Germany?
cos from your analysis, I surprised you have to include US and Uk, cos there Language is no barrier, the only barrier you have in USA and Uk is laziness and short cut angry angry
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by Freeman50(m): 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2015
Will advise you to bend down and finish up your masters degree. Cause when you get to Italy you had to start life afresh or you might probably stay for years before you can settle down very well.
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by 360command: 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2015
OP, I dey Angola. Things dey happen for here.. Come Angola..

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by AfroBlue(m): 9:07pm On Nov 28, 2015
adren:
I am currently stucked in the middle with my head hurting so bad from thinking progressively..

I had a 2.2 in metallurgical and materials engineering and with this system of employment in nigeria- massive graduates, limited jobs, I must confess that i am forced to look elsewhere for my lifetime opportunities..

i believe in myself...YES i do!!! however, quite obviously, my chances of been gainfully employed are low, that is even if they meagerly exist..

so... i have made up my mind... perhaps, because i am still very young or because i am from a lowly background where my father nor my relative can give me a huge amount of money to start a lucrative business..therefore, i want to go all out by myself..

now.. i have two resolutions..

should i go for an eighteen months full time master program to supplement my 2.2 or take this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go hustle for myself abroad..??

which is better??

matured advice needed with experiences...
how did you made it to the top on your own especially when you started from the rock bottom??

Mods please help a brother get to canaanland by doing the needful

You sound sincere Sir in you plea for help. This self-help video may help you alleviate some problems. It's full of knowledge to lift one out of poverty.

'No excuses' Brian Tracy audio-book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbGKU_EZO8k
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by mimicue(f): 9:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
Since you want to hustle why not divert your money for ticket and visa etc to Italy and start something here for yourself it will go a long way instead of being a slave in another mans country in d name of hustling
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by macminista(m): 3:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
erico2k2:

Live No but I have visited, I know that Nj and Tx are more packed with Nigerians than california etc
Na visit u visit not lived...u re wrong ..yes people re but we turn up for each other..
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by Fraih(f): 10:48pm On Nov 30, 2015
Adren, Italy all the way. ... We could go together you know. wink
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by rakumiii(m): 7:26am On Dec 01, 2015
360command:
OP, I dey Angola. Things dey happen for here.. Come Angola..

Are you really in Angola? What part? I am in Cabinda
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by erico2k2(m): 11:26am On Dec 01, 2015
macminista:
Na visit u visit not lived...u re wrong ..yes people re but we turn up for each other..
Ah , how long does it takes for you in NJ to visit ur guy in TX?
Re: Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? by macminista(m): 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
erico2k2:

Ah , how long does it takes for you in NJ to visit ur guy in TX?
what re u even talking about? Must everyone live in Texas or outside state...this wan no b talk Abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What The Most Suitable Proffession For A Married Woman? / Which Business Can I Do Online That Will Increase ₦150k To ₦500k Within 6 Months / What I Have Learnt As A Woman In Real Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.