Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,093 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:46 AM

Terrible Engine Fuel Consumption - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Terrible Engine Fuel Consumption (768 Views)

My People, Does AC Affect Fuel Consumption Of A Car? / To Make Sienna V6 Engine Fuel More Efficient Like Toyota Camry / Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrible Engine Fuel Consumption by anotherboy: 9:54am On Nov 28, 2015
hello all
I got a naija used 2001 tribute with a 04ford escape engine that has a terrible fuel consumption like a leaking pipe even as a V6. a technician friend had it scanned and got d following codes: po401, po161, po141, po125 and something abt d pcm.
anyway not surprised because all d O2 sensors aren't connected to d engine while d fan is connected directly to d engine. it picks immediately u turn on d engine.
I was told overheating usually associated with d vehicle brand was d reason for d direct fan connection while nothing concrete on d o2 sensors.
so far like six months now I haven't had an engine issue other than alternator, kickstarter and suspension issues which have bn attended to and I was advised to keep managing d engine that way.
but truly need ur advise on how I can bring d engine performance to normal and confident level for a long distant trip
Re: Terrible Engine Fuel Consumption by Inception(m): 10:58am On Nov 28, 2015
anotherboy:
hello all
I got a naija used 2001 tribute with a 04ford escape engine that has a terrible fuel consumption like a leaking pipe even as a V6. a technician friend had it scanned and got d following codes: po401, po161, po141, po125 and something abt d pcm.
anyway not surprised because all d O2 sensors aren't connected to d engine while d fan is connected directly to d engine. it picks immediately u turn on d engine.
I was told overheating usually associated with d vehicle brand was d reason for d direct fan connection while nothing concrete on d o2 sensors.
so far like six months now I haven't had an engine issue other than alternator, kickstarter and suspension issues which have bn attended to and I was advised to keep managing d engine that way.
but truly need ur advise on how I can bring d engine performance to normal and confident level for a long distant trip

Kazeemized vehicle.

Your radiator fan has to be returned to factory settings, your thermostat needs to be reinstalled, and your oxygen sensors need to be reconnected(if damaged, replaced and reconnected)
Re: Terrible Engine Fuel Consumption by mayor2013: 2:22pm On Nov 28, 2015
anotherboy:
hello all

Alternator. Hmmm!! Your charging system has been compromised. Evrytin mentioned would create a high fuel consumption. For this very car if your alternator has been changed to something else as against what originally came with your. My brother you are only compounding the car's problem. Replace your 02 sensors if bad. Your thermostat. Ect and so on. If you need to solve the stated problem call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bbpin is 7BE1C522
Re: Terrible Engine Fuel Consumption by Chaskodee: 10:51am On Nov 30, 2015
Get answers to your car repair questions,share ideas and get referrals from other car enthusiasts at www.partboyz.com/forum

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Good Car For Rent / Code Needed / Golf 3 Sound Direct Tokumbo Manual Gear Engine Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.