Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,183 members, 7,780,258 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:28 AM

Why Should We Study The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should We Study The Bible? (1970 Views)

Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year! / Why Should We Study The Old Testament? / Students Must Study The Satanic Bible----kentucky Education Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should We Study The Bible? by winner01(m): 9:59am On Nov 28, 2015
Bookstores are filled with books attempting to help us figure out this life. Books on marriage, parenting, relationships, and personal growth fill countless shelves. Others claim to aid in addiction recovery and explain the meaning of life.
Still more give views on life after death, good and evil, and the origin of human existence. But only the Bible gives us answers to those questions, and more, directly from the God who created us. The Bible is God's inspired words to us. No speculatory self-help book can come close to the words of our Creator.

Because the Bible is the direct Word of God, breathed out by His Holy Spirit (2 Timothy 3:16), it is accurate, reliable, and inerrant. The science in the Bible is accurate because the Bible was given by Him who created the world. Scientific, geological, and historical evidence are consistent with biblical accounts. We know the Bible is reliable because God gave affirmation of the writers by empowering them to perform miracles. We also know it is accurate because of the myriad prophesies and their consistent, specific fulfillments. No other holy book has such substantiation.
Because of these obvious, visible proofs, we can trust that the un-provable words in the Bible are also true. A book with so many physical truths can be trusted with the spiritual, as well.

Although societies, cultures, and technologies have changed over the years, God's character remains the same. God's universal truths do not alter. The Bible, written over the course of 4500 years, shows this. A mere 2000 years later, God's Word is as relevant to us now as it ever has been. Mankind is still sinful, we all search for meaning and happiness in vain ways, and God is always patient, waiting for us to acknowledge Him (2 Peter 3:9). The Bible shows that this has always been the case, and then shows us that God is always the answer.

This is an unpopular message, if all those volumes in bookstores are taken into account. Each one is written by a person, using human intellect and speculation to try to make sense of the world. Only the Bible is inspired from God, and studying it will so fill us with truth that we will be able to better recognize the lies around us. Only the Bible is God's own description of Himself; every other account is human hubris or deception from the enemy. Only the Bible contains God's description of how much He loves us (Romans 5:6-8; John 3:16) and how we are designed to love Him (1 John 4:19). And only the Bible shows how we can join God for eternity, be freed from our sins by the sacrifice of His Son, alone, and not by any effort on our part (John 14:6; Ephesians 2:1-10; Isaiah 53:6; Romans 3:10-18,5:8, 6:23, 10:9-13).

Then the Bible shows us how to respond to God's love and grace by serving Him (2 Timothy 3:17;Ephesians 6:17; Hebrews 4:12) and living the life He meant for us to live (Joshua 1:8; James 1:25). It teaches us how to reject sin in ourselves (Psalm 119:9, 11) and in the world (Romans 12:2; James 4:4). How to focus on what really matters (1 Timothy 6:17). And how to actively participate in God's plan (1 Corinthians 9:23).

The Bible also gives us examples of what happens when people live according to God's will—and what happens when they don't. Adam and Eve, Ananias and Sapphira, and the children of Israel show that sinning may seem prudent at the time, but rebellion against God always ends in harm. Joshua, Jeremiah, and Paul demonstrate that following God is often difficult, but leads to rewards in the end, and joy in the moment. And David and Peter are classic examples of how a humble heart allows God to work through an imperfect character.

The Bible is the only book inspired by God, filled with what He wants us to understand. To read it is to read a personal message to us, written by God Himself. To ignore it is to reject His primary method of communicating with us. God wants us to understand Who He is, who we are, how we can be reconciled with Him, and how we can live fruitful, joyful lives. To that end, He gave us the Scriptures. The more we study the Bible, the more we will gain.

God bless you.

Source: CompellingTruth.org

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by winner01(m): 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2015
Hmmnn, Your word have i hid in my heart, that i may not sin against thee
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 29, 2015
What advise does the bible have regarding massive job unemployment in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by plaetton: 5:47am On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:
What advise does the bible have regarding massive job employment in Nigeria?

Lol.

The book of mo.ron.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by malvisguy212: 6:51am On Nov 29, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

The book of mo.ron.
bad moral behavior, the wicked flee when No man pursue.
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:56am On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:

What advise do aliens have regarding massive job employment in Nigeria ? lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:58am On Nov 29, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

The book of mo.ron.

You forgot to ask him what aliens have advised regarding massive job employment in Nigeria grin
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by winner01(m): 8:07am On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.…

1 Like

Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by winner01(m): 8:10am On Nov 29, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

The book of mo.ron.
Did you mean the book of mormon, cos cleary i was talking about the Bible. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 29, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

What advise do aliens have regarding massive job employment in Nigeria ? lipsrsealed

Unfortunately the god you worship is an alien.
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:09am On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:

Unfortunately the god you worship is an alien.

I dont worship a god , I worship God . And why did you describe God being an alien - not of this earth or universe - as' unfortunate' .
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 29, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I dont worship a god , I worship God . And why did you describe God being an alien - not of this earth or universe - as' unfortunate' .

You do and do not know it yet. I could give you lists of alien gods in the bible. Apparently every cities had an alien god.
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:17am On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:

You do and do not know it yet. I could give you lists of alien gods in the bible. Apparently every cities had an alien god.

Not your delusional idiosyncrasy this wonderful Sunday morning abeg grin
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 29, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Not your delusional idiosyncrasy this wonderful Sunday morning abeg grin

If you want me to give you a list of the many alien gods worshiped in the bible I will be glad to do so. It is a wonderful SUN-DAY morning (another pagan day of sun worship)

You do your sun-worship in the church right?

1 Like

Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:27am On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:

If you want me to give you a list of the many alien gods worshiped in the bible I will be glad to do so. It is a wonderful SUN-DAY morning (another pagan day of sun worship)

You do yours sun-worship in the church right?

Please does it matter . In my church we have Tuesday and Thursday as worship days too . Some Churches worship on Mondays and Fridays . You have no point Ifeness grin

SO name these alien gods worshiped in the bible
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 29, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Please does it matter . In my church we have Tuesday and Thursday as worship days too . Some Churches worship on Mondays and Fridays . You have no point Ifeness grin

SO name these alien gods worshiped in the bible

Everything matters. It matters astrologicaly what days you worship these gods. Be it on a Sun-day, Moons-day,Tiw's-day ,Woden's-day,Thor's day,Freya's-day or Saturn's-day.These are day dedicated to different gods. They are all Pagan invented days that are not associated to your bible in any way

Names of aliens/ETs in the bible

Adrammelech and Anammelech

31and the Avvites made Nibhaz and Tartak; and the Sepharvites burned their children in the fire to Adrammelech and Anammelech, the gods of Sepharvaim. (2 Kings 17:31)

Amon

25The LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, said: "Behold, I am bringing punishment upon Amon of Thebes, and Pharaoh, and Egypt and her gods and her kings, upon Pharaoh and those who trust in him. (Jer. 46:25)

Apis

Apis, the sacred bull of Memphis, Egypt was a living personification of the creator god Ptah. Jeremiah imagines his god beating their god.

15Why has Apis fled? Why did not your bull stand? Because the LORD thrust him down. (Jer. 46:15)

Asherah

Asherah was a Semitic mother goddess of seventy gods including Baal and companion to the supreme god El. Also spelled "Asheroth" and not to be confused with Ashtoreth.

Asherah was worshipped at least from the time of Judges to the end of the kingdom's history. The people of Israel worshipped Asheroth.

Baal

Baal zebub

Chemosh

24Will you not possess what Chemosh your god gives you to possess? And all that the LORD our God has dispossessed before us, we will possess. (Judges 11:24)

El

But Abram said to the king of Sodom, "I have sworn to the LORD [Yahweh] God [El] Most High, maker of heaven and earth, (Gen. 14:22)

Gad

Gad is the name of a deity of good luck, equivalent to the Latin Fortuna. Gad has been traced to Canaanite origins and is also one of the names of an Israelite tribe.

8And beyond the Jordan east of Jericho, they appointed Bezer in the wilderness on the tableland, from the tribe of Reuben, and Ramoth in Gilead, from the tribe of Gad, and Golan in Bashan, from the tribe of Manasseh. (Josh. 20:cool

The list goes on.....
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by plaetton: 9:51am On Nov 29, 2015
winner01:
Did you mean the book of mormon, cos cleary i was talking about the Bible. grin

Lol
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:55am On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:

Everything matters. It matters astrologicaly what days you worship these gods. Be it on a Sun-day, Moons-day,Tiw's-day ,Woden's-day,Thor's day,Freya's-day or Saturn's-day.These are day dedicated to different gods. They are all Pagan invented days that are not associated to your bible in any way

So if everyday is dedicated to different gods by pagans , what should Christians who serve a living true God do ? Should we create our own day to worship God ? You're not making any sense and you know it !

Names of aliens/ETs in the bible

Adrammelech and Anammelech

31and the Avvites made Nibhaz and Tartak; and the Sepharvites burned their children in the fire to Adrammelech and Anammelech, the gods of Sepharvaim. (2 Kings 17:31)

Amon

25The LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, said: "Behold, I am bringing punishment upon Amon of Thebes, and Pharaoh, and Egypt and her gods and her kings, upon Pharaoh and those who trust in him. (Jer. 46:25)

Apis

Apis, the sacred bull of Memphis, Egypt was a living personification of the creator god Ptah. Jeremiah imagines his god beating their god.

15Why has Apis fled? Why did not your bull stand? Because the LORD thrust him down. (Jer. 46:15)

Asherah

Asherah was a Semitic mother goddess of seventy gods including Baal and companion to the supreme god El. Also spelled "Asheroth" and not to be confused with Ashtoreth.

Asherah was worshipped at least from the time of Judges to the end of the kingdom's history. The people of Israel worshipped Asheroth.

Baal

Baal zebub

Chemosh

24Will you not possess what Chemosh your god gives you to possess? And all that the LORD our God has dispossessed before us, we will possess. (Judges 11:24)

El

But Abram said to the king of Sodom, "I have sworn to the LORD [Yahweh] God [El] Most High, maker of heaven and earth, (Gen. 14:22)

Gad

Gad is the name of a deity of good luck, equivalent to the Latin Fortuna. Gad has been traced to Canaanite origins and is also one of the names of an Israelite tribe.

8And beyond the Jordan east of Jericho, they appointed Bezer in the wilderness on the tableland, from the tribe of Reuben, and Ramoth in Gilead, from the tribe of Gad, and Golan in Bashan, from the tribe of Manasseh. (Josh. 20:cool

The list goes on.....

Lol

So if there were Alien gods in the bible , how does this stop the Almighty God from existing ? What has these alien gods who were worshiped got to do with anything . I strongly doubt you are an atheist , you just worship aliens as gods . You are fascinated by anything concerning aliens . Your silly ideologies are deleterious to a sound mind - never forget this
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 29, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

So if everyday is dedicated to different gods by pagans , what should Christians who serve a living true God do ? Should we create our own day to worship God ? You're not making any sense and you know it !

Lol

So if there were Alien gods in the bible , how does this stop the Almighty God from existing ? What has these alien gods who were worshiped got to do with anything . I strongly doubt you are an atheist , you just worship aliens as gods . You are fascinated by anything concerning aliens . Your silly ideologies are deleterious to a sound mind - never forget this

No,you are not making an sense at all. Every civilization saw their various gods as the true living gods. What did your people worships hundreds of years back? Aren't U a christian due to the fact your people were conquered? Where is your true living god today? Probably alien dead somewhere.

My silly ideologies happen to hold more weight than your claim of serving a living god which cannot be proven.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:18am On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:

No,you are not making an sense at all. Every civilization saw their various gods as the true living gods. What did your people worships hundreds of years back? Aren't a christian due to the fact your people were conquered? Where is your true living god today? Probably alien dead somewhere.

My silly ideologies happen to hold more weight than your claim of serving a living god which cannot be proven.

Atheists have their own definition of proof . Anytime their own definition befuddle them they resort to silly explanations . For a millionth time , miracles , testimonies of God's goodness are proofs of God . The best bet to "prove" God exists is through experience . Experience is the best teacher my delusional friend
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:20am On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:

LMAO ... There is no proof of alien existence YET . Your kind of alien tho
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 29, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

LMAO ... There is no proof of alien existence YET . Your kind of alien tho

Too many in your holy book tho.
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 29, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheists have their own definition of proof . Anytime their own definition befuddle them they resort to silly explanations . For a millionth time , miracles , testimonies of God's goodness are proofs of God . The best bet to "prove" God exists is through experience . Experience is the best teacher my delusional friend

But you believe in a god right? How deluded

1 Like

Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:33am On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:

But you believe in a god right? How deluded

I can attest to my God's greatness . Can you attest to your aliens existence ? grin
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:34am On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:

Too many in your holy book tho.

Again I ask , How does it stop Almighty God creator of all living things , the righteous , just and Holy One from existing .
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 29, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I can attest to my God's greatness . Can you attest to your aliens existence ? grin

Attest to your god's greatness with evidence,lets see

1 Like

Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 29, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Again I ask , How does it stop Almighty God creator of all living things , the righteous , just and Holy One from existing .

Creator of what?

1 Like

Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:47am On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:

Creator of what?

Creator of the Universe , life . Ifeness what's wrong with you I clearly stated that
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 29, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Creator of the Universe , life . Ifeness what's wrong with you I clearly stated that

Do you have a proof it/he created the universe?

1 Like

Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:34am On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:

Do you have a proof it/he created the universe?

Yes . But do you have proof that aliens created life on earth ?
Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 29, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Yes . But do you have proof that aliens created life on earth ?

Aliens did not create life on the earth. Go on with your evidence.....

1 Like

Re: Why Should We Study The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:47am On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:

Aliens did not create the earth. Go on with your evidence.....

Evidence of what ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Atheism The Way? I Am Searching For Answers / Despise Not The Days Of Little Beginning. Bishop Oyedapo And His Family / Why Judaism Has More In Common With Islam Than Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.