Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,046 members, 7,807,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement (46182 Views)

See What Dino Melaye Said About Yahaya Bello On Instagram. Too Funny(pics) / Kogi 2015: APC's Replacement For Faleke Rejects Offer As Bello's Running Mate / Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by olamide215: 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
This is totally wrong.
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by jamace(m): 4:36pm On Nov 28, 2015
gretblue:

I can understand you better now simply because you are just being carried away by your emotion.and you have forgotten law does not recognize any sympathy in its interpretation.
Tell me o lawyer, what the law says when one of the 2 representatives of a party in an election dies during the election.
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by alexie4real(m): 4:44pm On Nov 28, 2015
donphilopus:
Congrats ADAYI. He's a brother from another State. Wu da ka na vor wey re ki wa mu ko ro tu irekura awu.

BTW, the Ebiras don't dull. The kind masquerade wey go come out for Lokoja on the day of his Swearing-in still dey do press-up. I trust those guys!
am alxo an ebira guy bro.....yahaya all d way
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by abimic(m): 4:45pm On Nov 28, 2015
jamace:
I refuse to accept this!
Faleke should refuse being a running mate to Yahaya or completely withdraw from the race so that the election can start all over.

Why did APC not make Yahaya Bello the running mate of Audu since he came second in the primaries?
Take your time to read APC`s conclusion before jumping the wild goose. Faleke never participated in the primary, hence he can never be made governorship candidate for apc likewise audu's son, election isn't over and results are inconclusive, so Faleke can not be a governorship candidate and likewise a running mate in one election. we all know the legal battle that still will ensue, reason y APC don't want to take chances . APC can't even conduct another primary as that will b against the electoral act, so, APC acted in the best legal interest, Faleke will be better off as deputy Cox that had being the plan, but had audu being declared governor elect before his death, the case would be different entirely. So Faleke should just tag along as withdrawing would be another legal battle entirely but if he goes to court but didn't withdraw, nothing will change. The best for Faleke is he tag along and set conditions for APC and yahaya because he his the largest shareholder in the last inconclusive election result for APC still alive, hence he should reason like someone with legal brain. Left to me, INEC should meet the supreme Court for the next line of action to save unnecessary legal battles, as this will portray INEC as being unbiased.
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by gretblue: 4:46pm On Nov 28, 2015
jamace:
What do you mean by 2 different positions in a single election? What does your act say about a flag bearer dying during an election? If it did not say anything, then Faleke taking over the captain's band is the ideal and legal way.
1) He was presented as deputy gov.2) He cant be presented as govship candidate again because the election has not be concluded.Assuming INEC has declared Audu has the winner and there is no more supplementary election again.Then Faleke becomes the gov automatically because of Audu death.The barrier with faleke is simply INEC has not declared Audu has the winner .Going for the remaining supplementary election now,the law doesn't allow to faleke to be presented as govship candidate.He can only be presented if there is another fresh or new election.
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by zainum: 4:47pm On Nov 28, 2015
pus22:
[size=28pt]

Yahaya bello or anybody cant replace falake. Falake by law is Governor elect depending

Don't waste your money.. The court will remove any other candidate because there is a governor elect. Falake.

Most of you are illiterate.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][spt][/size]
i respect you feelings,but life is not like that,rmeber that we the ebiras ie okun alike has gone through a lot in the hands of igalah rulership,....so i as an ebira would have still been happy if falake was in place as a substitute..
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by Bimpe29: 4:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
Behold the youngest Governor ever in the history of Kogi State.
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by donphilopus: 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2015
alexie4real:
am alxo an ebira guy bro.....yahaya all d way

Wan ooo adayi. Nan xo!
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by Shamizz(m): 4:56pm On Nov 28, 2015
donphilopus:
Congrats ADAYI. He's a brother from another State. Wu da ka na vor wey re ki wa mu ko ro tu irekura awu.

BTW, the Ebiras don't dull. The kind masquerade wey go come out for Lokoja on the day of his Swearing-in still dey do press-up. I trust those guys!
. Bros ma believe awu. Wakareyiyo imemesi yo.I hope ki owu seniyakayo
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by zainum: 4:59pm On Nov 28, 2015
if only Audu of blessed memory had given Muhammad Audu all the coaching & support as a father and political god-father, whisl he retired.
If only Falake had summoned the courage to have shown more interest from the unset and hence contested in the primaries....
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by gretblue: 4:59pm On Nov 28, 2015
jamace:
Tell me o lawyer, what the law says when one of the 2 representatives of a party in an election dies during the election.
Two ways to this issue.1) if the election has been concluded and there is no need for any supplementary election again.Faleke becomes the gov automatically since his Oga has been pronounced dead.2)But in this case a winner has not been declared by INEC ,hence there is need to complete the same 2015 kogi gubernatorial election which faleke was earlier a running mate to prince Audu .The law doesn't allow faleke to be presented as govship candidate again in the same kogi 2015 gubernatorial election.Faleke could only be presented if there is another Fresh or New election in kogi but not as a govship candidate in the remaining supplementary election.
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by donphilopus: 4:59pm On Nov 28, 2015
Shamizz:
. Bros ma believe awu. Wakareyiyo imemesi yo.I hope ki owu seniyakayo

Abi. . .we wish him good luck. Wan ooo adayi!
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by philantoxx(m): 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2015
donphilopus:

Igarra in Edo State. We speak Etuno very similar to Ebira and Koton Karfi in Kogi.
was posted 2 igarra.hope your people are hospitable bro.
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by Rooy57(m): 5:02pm On Nov 28, 2015
Hmmm, another ABU product. Let's see how it goes with this one
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by stankezzy: 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2015
donphilopus:

Ebira-Etuno agana ooo. . .Wan ooo adayi. .Wadahi? Makuwu sir. .Ta ooo
please don't speak a language nobody understands here .
u can be caurseing people without them knowing
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by donphilopus: 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2015
philantoxx:

was posted 2 igarra.hope your people are hospitable bro.

Bro., you would confirm it when you arrive. You'd enjoy being in Igarra. You'd enjoy the environment. Mountains and hills all over. It's also a big town. BTW, which school are you posted to?
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by donphilopus: 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2015
stankezzy:
please don't speak a language nobody understands here .
u can be caurseing people without them knowing

You nor well aswear!! tongue cheesy grin
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by justjify(m): 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2015
jamace:
You have an interest hence the lack of sincerity in your response.

I have no interest young man lemmie school you a little,
you should know that Section 181(1) of the
Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria would
have been invoked. It says ‘if a person duly elected as
Governor dies before taking and subscribing the Oath
of Allegiance and oath of office, or is unable for any
reason whatsoever to be sworn in, the person elected
with him as Deputy governor shall be sworn in as
Governor and he shall nominate a new Deputy-
Governor who shall be appointed by the Governor with
the approval of a simple majority of the House of
Assembly of the State’.
“But the scenario in Kogi is different. Nobody has been
declared the winner yet so why should faleke be
declared the APC gubernatorial candidate?
However, Section 33 of the Electoral Act is wide
enough to accommodate this scenario in Kogi State,
where a candidate dies where the election is declared
inconclusive. This is because Section 33 of the
Electoral Act is not limited to pre-election substitution
of a candidate. Pre-election substitution of a candidate
is specifically provided for in Section 36(1) of the
Electoral Act Section 36(1).
However, if the candidate dies where the election is
declared inconclusive as in Kogi, the party will be
allowed to substitute the death candidate for the re-
run election in the affected areas. This is the intention
of Section 33 of the Electoral Act. Limiting Section 33
of the Electoral Act will be restricting its intention and
deviating from the purposive rule of interpretation.
I hope you find this instructive.

2 Likes

Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by gretblue: 5:23pm On Nov 28, 2015
justjify:

I have no interest young man lemmie school you a little,
you should know that Section 181(1) of the
Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria would
have been invoked. It says ‘if a person duly elected as
Governor dies before taking and subscribing the Oath
of Allegiance and oath of office, or is unable for any
reason whatsoever to be sworn in, the person elected
with him as Deputy governor shall be sworn in as
Governor and he shall nominate a new Deputy-
Governor who shall be appointed by the Governor with
the approval of a simple majority of the House of
Assembly of the State’.
“But the scenario in Kogi is different. Nobody has been
declared the winner yet so why should faleke be
declared the APC gubernatorial candidate?
However, Section 33 of the Electoral Act is wide
enough to accommodate this scenario in Kogi State,
where a candidate dies where the election is declared
inconclusive. This is because Section 33 of the
Electoral Act is not limited to pre-election substitution
of a candidate. Pre-election substitution of a candidate
is specifically provided for in Section 36(1) of the
Electoral Act Section 36(1).
However, if the candidate dies where the election is
declared inconclusive as in Kogi, the party will be
allowed to substitute the death candidate for the re-
run election in the affected areas. This is the intention
of Section 33 of the Electoral Act. Limiting Section 33
of the Electoral Act will be restricting its intention and
deviating from the purposive rule of interpretation.
I hope you find this instructive.
Tank you my brother for educating these dudes here.I have explained to them in more than 6 languages.May be they were being carried away by their emotions or their love for faleke which I understand.But the emotions should not supersede what the law says.Except you want PDP to come to power through election tribunal.
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:32pm On Nov 28, 2015
arsenal33:

So says a PDP supporter!
And so?
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by ExInferis(m): 5:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
His nomination will be nullified by the court!

Faleke Abiodun James is the Governor-in-waiting. No illegality of INEC or APC will stand

It can only be an illegality if an existing law was violated. But since no law in the constitution or the electoral act envisaged what happened in kogi, your position is baseless.

1 Like

Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by greggng: 5:53pm On Nov 28, 2015
Shame to some of you that want pdp to take advantage of the situation. Apc is wise. First there is no time for the conduct of new primaries. Even though inec said apc ve right to substitute for the inconclusive election, that word substitution can be challenged in court and might lead to cancellation of the whole election and fresh one conducted that may give wada an advantage. Falake was nominated by audu and he never passed through primaries so apc cannot risk it. In a nutshell falake should withdraw his case or he may risk been replaced by the apc choice.

1 Like

Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by Bandura(m): 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2015
idu1:
we are the same bro. Ebira vonya!

Ohomorihi osereunini. It's a victory for democracy
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by hamzeiy: 6:01pm On Nov 28, 2015
jamace:
Are you saying Faleke should accept being the deputy because he was born to be a deputy in his life? Faleke should take the case in court serious. It is against natural justice and unconstitutional for a deputy to remain a deputy while an ordinary member is placed above him.
d truth b said falake has no say in kogi politics...he wont win upto 50 votes if he had contested with audu and bello in the apc primaries..he should be patient after all he is just joining kogi politics..fyi audu only won the apc primaries against fairplus because of the support he has from the likes of kwankwaso nd tinubu..otherwise bello is a force to reckon with..

###all i care for really is power to change hands .either falake or bello.its a win win for me as long as the person is nt igala..atleast the igalas should relax too###
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by ozo13(m): 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2015
donphilopus:

Igarra in Edo State. We speak Etuno very similar to Ebira and Koton Karfi in Kogi.
nice one
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by ozo13(m): 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2015
Bandura:

Ohomorihi osereunini. It's a victory for democracy
amin adai
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by donphilopus: 6:07pm On Nov 28, 2015
ozo13:
nice one
Yea boss. You're from there as well?
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by mbulela: 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2015
4ubootyman:
Faleke should just withdraw his case. Consolidate with this chap and play the politics of being the Deputy. This is a brilliant decision by APC. Audu's son can be brought into the the government at some level. He need to start playing politics and understand the intricacies therein. Nice job APC
Why should Audu'son be accommodated?
Is this some heriditery stuff?
Of he want to bebin govt, he should go and get the relevant forms and contest an election.
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by Bandura(m): 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2015
pek:
I thought Igbirra is a language/people and not a place.

point of correction- Ebira and not Igbirra. God bless Ebira kingdom,God bless Kogi state.
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by ediko5(m): 6:16pm On Nov 28, 2015
I still don't understand why people keep saying that Faleke is the governor elect constitutionally.

As at the time Audu died, the election was declared by INEC inconclusive then why and how us Faleke the elected governor ?

1 Like

Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by billyG(m): 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2015
naijafella:
At 40 and he is this rich? How come? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
k
Dnt u know he is d chief acctant in RMFC a uselless organize that dnt generate revenue b fraudulently allocate it 2 politicians & also dip hand in d publik tills.
Re: Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement by billyG(m): 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2015
iffydave:

Wow!!!!!!

My birthday mate grin grin
U remain a wailer while he is about 2 b a guvnor,Life is not fair.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC UK Appeals To Buhari NOT To Attend The Presidential Debate / New Naira Notes: Protest In Ilorin, Kwara State (Photos) / Wike Meets PDP Governors, Ex-Governors As Rift With Atiku Deepens (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.