Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,278 members, 7,807,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Should I Continue With ICAN Or Travel Abroad For My MASTER DEGREE. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Continue With ICAN Or Travel Abroad For My MASTER DEGREE. (1835 Views)

Flying Training School Kaduna Graduan To Be Sent Abroad For Flying Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Continue With ICAN Or Travel Abroad For My MASTER DEGREE. by ufotty2001: 11:18am On Nov 28, 2015
hello nairalanders! plz I need your advice, am currently an ICAN student final stage (professional level) 5 papers left.. and again my uncle just sent me a list of schools to start applying for my masters degree (Switzerland). am not sure of coming back to Nigeria.. should I accept the offer or continue with my IÇAN from there look for a good job!!! what are the level of my opportunities of having a good job after becoming a chartered accountant over here in Nigeria!! plz help me...

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With ICAN Or Travel Abroad For My MASTER DEGREE. by SaiBuharii: 11:46am On Nov 28, 2015
ufotty2001:
hello nairalanders! plz I need your advice, am currently an ICAN student final stage (professional level) 5 papers left.. and again my uncle just sent me a list of schools to start applying for my masters degree (Switzerland). am not sure of coming back to Nigeria.. should I accept the offer or continue with my IÇAN from there look for a good job!!! what are the level of my opportunities of having a good job after becoming a chartered accountant over here in Nigeria!! plz help me...

Starting from the Last there is no "guarantee" of getting a good job after writing Ican. But there are "possiblilities" depending on your defination of a good job.

Secondly uncle tells you to start applying for schools does not mean "uncle has gotten visa for you and paid school fees, means you are not sure of the certainty of travelling, so no harm in continuing with ur ican and applying by the side.

In conclusion, continue with ur ican, when time to travel reach go. And if you stay behind, to get a good job involves getting a 2.1, under 26, ability to pass tests and being confidents at interviews, and then #oluwaMustbeInvolved. That's all.
Re: Should I Continue With ICAN Or Travel Abroad For My MASTER DEGREE. by ufotty2001: 12:10pm On Nov 28, 2015
SaiBuharii:

Starting from the Last there is no "guarantee" of getting a good job after writing Ican. But there are "possiblilities" depending on your defination of a good job.

Secondly uncle tells you to start applying for schools does not mean "uncle has gotten visa for you and paid school fees, means you are not sure of the certainty of travelling, so no harm in continuing with ur ican and applying by the side.

In conclusion, continue with ur ican, when time to travel reach go. And if you stay behind, to get a good job involves getting a 2.1, under 26, ability to pass tests and being confidents at interviews, and then #oluwaMustbeInvolved. That's all.
thanks!!! yes!! fees and everything are all ready!!
Re: Should I Continue With ICAN Or Travel Abroad For My MASTER DEGREE. by Gerrard59(m): 10:16am On Nov 29, 2015
It depends on the school and the course you intend doing. What you should you know is that Nigerian degrees are not easily considered abroad, I'm saying this as you indicated that you plan staying in Switzerland.

Moreover, Switzerland is not an immigration friendly nation, so you must be very exceptional and highly skilled. This is as a result of the law in Switzerland that states "That a Non -EU citizen would be employed IF there's Swiss national that can't do the job".

Finally, in correspondence with SaiBuhari, I suggest you finish the ICAN. Thankfully, you're within the age of employment. Better still, you can add ACCA to it. What's the major you intend doing in Switzerland? If it's in the financial industry, add an ACCA as Zurich is Europe's 2nd financial city.

Wish you the very best in your career.
Re: Should I Continue With ICAN Or Travel Abroad For My MASTER DEGREE. by ufotty2001: 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
Gerrard59:
It depends on the school and the course you intend doing. What you should you know is that Nigerian degrees are not easily considered abroad, I'm saying this as you indicated that you plan staying in Switzerland.

Moreover, Switzerland is not an immigration friendly nation, so you must be very exceptional and highly skilled. This is as a result of the law in Switzerland that states "That a Non -EU citizen would be employed IF there's Swiss national that can't do the job".

Finally, in correspondence with SaiBuhari, I suggest you finish the ICAN. Thankfully, you're within the age of employment. Better still, you can add ACCA to it. What's the major you intend doing in Switzerland? If it's in the financial industry, add an ACCA as Zurich is Europe's 2nd financial city.

Wish you the very best in your career.
thanks a lot... noted

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Abroad Looking To Relocate And Secure Employment In Nigeria. / Rise Above Your Contemporaries, Get Trained & Certified In The Nebosh IGC / Project Management Institute, Nigeria, Lagos Chapter Is Now On Twitter!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.