Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,490 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Reasons Why You Should NOT Root Your Infinix Hot 2 !! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons Why You Should NOT Root Your Infinix Hot 2 !! (2221 Views)

5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone / See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast / 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why You Should NOT Root Your Infinix Hot 2 !! by skyjeck(m): 11:44am On Nov 28, 2015
Root!! Root!! Root!! Root!! This is the first song that rings in the ears of many people these days. Once they own an Android device, first they want to do is root. To be honest, I’m like that too Rooting has it’s advantages. You can use it to effectively set firewalls, so that apps won’t suck your data in the background. What of blocking those annoying ads, rooting helps with that too. Uninstalling of bloatware (factory installed apps) is only possible when you’re rooted. But have you thought of the disadvantages of rooting? The our concern today is on the Infinix Hot 2. Here are a few facts we need to know: Once you’re rooted, your warranty is void. Once you’re rooted, kiss bye-bye to official updates (unless you’re ready to be flashing ROM’s) The second point is what greatly affects the Infinix Hot 2. Remember that this is an Android One phone, which simply translates to regular updates from Infinix and Google. So if you dare root, you’ll begin having issues with updates. Even if you claim sharp guy and unroot – this still doesn’t solve the problem. The only way out is to download and flash the Infinix Android One ROM all over again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should NOT Root Your Infinix Hot 2 !! by Baroba(m): 12:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
Root privileges is something android enthusiast can't live without, the benefits outweigh the negatives..

You control your own device
You flash ROMs at will..
You can install cool / useful apps such as ad away, titanium back up, greenify, SQL Editor, plus the almighty Xposed framework with its numerous modules..

We flash back to stock and relock bootloader if we ever need to return the device..

Rooting is not for everyone though, some people are quite happy to use their device the way OEM's or Google want them to. To each his own i say..

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should NOT Root Your Infinix Hot 2 !! by callmelanner(m): 2:01pm On Nov 28, 2015
Baroba:
Root privileges is something android enthusiast can't live without, the benefits outweigh the negatives..

You control your own device
You flash ROMs at will..
You can install cool / useful apps such as ad away, titanium back up, greenify, SQL Editor, plus the almighty Xposed framework with its numerous modules..

We flash back to stock and relock bootloader if we ever need to return the device..

Rooting is not for everyone though, some people are quite happy to use their device the way OEM's or Google want them to. To each his own i say..

Bros pls help, how can I upgrade my tecno j7 boom to android lollipop 5.0 manually since tecno is officially not rolling out updates?
Re: Reasons Why You Should NOT Root Your Infinix Hot 2 !! by Panshow(m): 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
To an average Android user, rooting may not be that important. But to an ardent Android user, a mobile device without root privilege is like sipping gari without sugar. Bros, trust me you'll not enjoy it. You quite have a point but believe me, at a point in time, you'll see the need to root your device and no body will tell you to do so. You'll do it by yourself.
If you are geeky enough (which I'm sure you are), you can always figure out how to un-root your device whenever an update is available so you can upgrade.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should NOT Root Your Infinix Hot 2 !! by bigtt76(f): 12:00am On Nov 29, 2015
Unrooting doesn't help matter when it comes to Hot2. Would have loved it if you elaborate more on the advantages of rooting as seen from an ardent Android User perspective undecided

Panshow:
To an average Android user, rooting may not be that important. But to an ardent Android user, a mobile device without root privilege is like sipping gari without sugar. Bros, trust me you'll not enjoy it. You quite have a point but believe me, at a point in time, you'll see the need to root your device and no body will tell you to do so. You'll do it by yourself.
If you are geeky enough (which I'm sure you are), you can always figure out how to un-root your device whenever an update is available so you can upgrade.
Re: Reasons Why You Should NOT Root Your Infinix Hot 2 !! by Panshow(m): 8:26pm On Nov 29, 2015
bigtt76:
Unrooting doesn't help matter when it comes to Hot2. Would have loved it if you elaborate more on the advantages of rooting as seen from an ardent Android User perspective undecided

Look at the screenshot below. As you can see, I have about 10 apps I granted root privilege. Running those apps wouldn't have been possible for me if I'd not rooted my phone. With root privilege, I have full control of my device.
- I can decide to underclock or overclock it for speed and battery life.
- I can remove any crappware (system app) that I don't like seeing on my device.
- I can flash a custom kernel to ensure more speed and best battery life.
- I love to play subway surfers, so I install lucky patcher to get unlimited coins.
- I hate seeing ads when running an app so I block all the ads still using lucky patcher.
- And what about converting free app to premium version? Lucky patcher do just that for me.
- I don't have money to buy poweramp, so I install poweramp patcher.
- I love my device so much that I don't want anything to happen to it, so I flash a recovery image and backup my rom.
- I can go on and on. The list is endless.
And guess what? You can only do these on a rooted device.

Re: Reasons Why You Should NOT Root Your Infinix Hot 2 !! by bigtt76(f): 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2015
Great but this is you who with the best intentions have rooted his phone. Not everyone out there knows half of what you just mentioned but still because they've been hearing root, they totally it is a must have.

The other day someone mentioned her intention to get Hot 2 for the only reason that it will get updates for 2 years undecided and goes on and on. People doing things because others are doing it.

We need to put a caveat when it comes to advance tweaks on Android before it leads to massive security breach on users data.

Panshow:

Look at the screenshot below. As you can see, I have about 10 apps I granted root privilege. Running those apps wouldn't have been possible for me if I'd not rooted my phone. With root privilege, I have full control of my device.
- I can remove any crappware (system app) that I don't like seeing on my device.
- I love to play subway surfers, so I install lucky patcher to get unlimited coins.
- I hate seeing ads when running an app so I block all the ads still using lucky patcher.
- And what about converting free app to premium version? Lucky patcher do just that for me.
- I love my device so much that I don't want anything to happen to it, so I flash a recovery image and backup my rom.

Re: Reasons Why You Should NOT Root Your Infinix Hot 2 !! by Panshow(m): 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2015
bigtt76:
Great but this is you who with the best intentions have rooted his phone. Not everyone out there knows half of what you just mentioned but still because they've been hearing root, they totally it is a must have.

The other day someone mentioned her intention to get Hot 2 for the only reason that it will get updates for 2 years undecided and goes on and on. People doing things because others are doing it.

We need to put a caveat when it comes to advance tweaks on Android before it leads to massive security breach on users data.

I quite agree with you. I think people should stop doing things because others are doing it, cos it'll only lead to trouble.
Re: Reasons Why You Should NOT Root Your Infinix Hot 2 !! by Segadem(m): 11:10am On Nov 30, 2015
Panshow:

hmmmm,it is like I'm missing something!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Five Images That Depict Your Struggle For New Phone / INFINIX ZERO 3 Nvram.bin Needed HELP / Tecno Camon CX (camon C10) Now Available On Jumia Nigeria And Jumia Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.