Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) (62134 Views)

These Wodaabe Fulbe Are Darker Than Usual / Arnado Debbo: Adamawa Community Where Only Women Can Rule (photo) / The 6ft Tall Idanre Queen Who Outlived All Her Husbands (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by Mililuv(m): 7:30pm On Nov 28, 2015
undecidedAre sure these people are bathing

2 Likes

Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by mikolo80: 7:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
HungerBAD:
Them no dey rack/fight for the women?
damn that's an old word. you're definitely in your thirties at least. maaan e tey Wey I hear that word

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by freshcvvs: 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2015
Michellla:

i love the freedom cool

When are you moving there?

I hope you're beautiful? If not, you won't have more than half a man except you have enough cattle.

1 Like

Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by troy9090: 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2015
:>i am still thinking........
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by Sunseeker: 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2015
And ugly Woodabee nko ?

wetin go happen to dem? Chai ! is it a crime to have big nose...dis life is wicked !!
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by glossy6(f): 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2015
I've seen quite a lot of them while growing up. My dad used to converse with them in Fulani. They are really beautiful

3 Likes

Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by Begonia(m): 8:28pm On Nov 28, 2015
I've watched some documentaries about them. They are the "non-islamized Fulanis". I once came across an article where they were reffered to as the true/undiluted Fulanis. I love it when people hold on to their culture. It's a shame some of them are gradually letting it go (at least according to the documentaries).

1 Like

Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by professore(m): 8:31pm On Nov 28, 2015
I think they are the opposite of Yoruba,if u try am
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by starG7(m): 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2015
Heeey shocked shocked shocked impossicant
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by starG7(m): 8:38pm On Nov 28, 2015
Plzzzzz..let them keep their beauty and traditions there, I tink sumtin is wrong wt all dis cattle harders, the ones hv here are killing ppl everyday getting maried to children young enough to be their granddaughters, nonsensical nonsense angry angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by MrBasketball: 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2015
symbianDON:
in PEJ's voice 'chaiiii!!!'
gringrin
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by MrBasketball: 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2015
misspicy:
punkyveer i think am relocating to woodabee cheesy
To do what? Make them fĂșck you dry?

1 Like

Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by Alonzo4g(m): 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2015
madgoat:
grin correct
Just imagine d kinda moniker u use!!!
May God help you bro

1 Like

Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by misspicy(f): 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
MrBasketball:
To do what? Make them fĂșck you dry?
why are you quoting me like you craze....

you are a goat(no offeinse) angry

1 Like

Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by Steffy2015(f): 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2015
I w0uld l0ve t0 be dep0rted t0 such place. I w0uld av married n0tin less dan 4 men.

1 Like

Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by MrBasketball: 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2015
misspicy:
why are you quoting me like you craze....

you are a goat(no offeinse) angry
Where is your sense of humour?
You're a dog, no offeinse. angry
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by tajooks123: 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2015
End time culture.
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2015
emmanuel596:
Abomination.......#end time marriage
What's the abomination there?
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by Nowenuse: 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2015
Funny culture.
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by Horus(m): 10:54pm On Nov 28, 2015

A Yaake dance

Two Wodaabe men

A young woman judging the beauty of men at a Gerewol

[img]http://www.urloplandia.pl/files/gallery/444/1997_275-15_young_Wodaabe_women.jpg[/img]

Young Wodaabe women with facial tattoos
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by madgoat(m): 11:20pm On Nov 28, 2015
Alonzo4g:

Just imagine d kinda moniker u use!!!
May God help you bro

AMEN grin the madness runs in my blood grin
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by nkemdi89(f): 11:41pm On Nov 28, 2015
Gayigaskia:

This is true 90% of them speak hausa, they live not far to the hausa around Tahoua area of Niger. These people have to interact with farmers "hausa" cause they don't farm, they live on grains received thru the exchange of dairy products which they are known for.
Oops sorry about the misconception.
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by sullen: 1:05am On Nov 29, 2015
quite colorful..... i luv it :Dquite colorful..... i luv it

1 Like

Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by MrBasketball: 9:58am On Nov 29, 2015
Steffy2015:
I w0uld l0ve t0 be dep0rted t0 such place. I w0uld av married n0tin less dan 4 men.
Make the men dry you like their women too?
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by Fulaman198(m): 12:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
For us Mbororo'en, it's not the case, the women are allowed to mate, not marry which ever man they choose during the Worso ceremony
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by Fulaman198(m): 12:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
Nowenuse:
Funny culture.

Why? It's our ancient culture

1 Like

Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by Fulaman198(m): 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2015
Begonia:
I've watched some documentaries about them. They are the "non-islamized Fulanis". I once came across an article where they were reffered to as the true/undiluted Fulanis. I love it when people hold on to their culture. It's a shame some of them are gradually letting it go (at least according to the documentaries).

They are still Muslim, they just don't practise Islam like non-Mbororo'en
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by Fulaman198(m): 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2015
Gayigaskia:

This is true 90% of them speak hausa, they live not far to the hausa around Tahoua area of Niger. These people have to interact with farmers "hausa" cause they don't farm, they live on grains received thru the exchange of dairy products which they are known for.

Most Fulani groups have lived in close proximity to the Hausa for a while. Whether it's Niger Republic, Nigeria or Cameroon
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by Funjosh(m): 12:48pm On Nov 29, 2015
This is so beautiful

3 Likes

Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by Horus(m): 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtlNsaw49hc

[size=15pt]The Wodaabe (Full Documentary)[/size]
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by Horus(m): 2:29pm On Nov 29, 2015
[img]http://imgs.vietnamnet.vn/Images/vnn/2015/07/08/14/20150708144402-3.jpg[/img]

It can take as long as six hours to get your face ready for the dance at the Gerewol festival, held in September

They believe they are the most beautiful people in the world, and the men carry mirrors at all times to check their appearance

The Wodaabe believe bright eyes, white teeth and a sharp nose make a man beautiful
and the make up enhances these beatures

The women, who are married, could chose to be 'stolen' by one of the better-looking men, leaving their husbands behind
Re: The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) by Horus(m): 2:57pm On Nov 29, 2015

The women, have relative amounts of sexual freedom

They have their standards of beauty, including up to eight earrings in each ear, and tattooing their faces

If a man is worried his wife might chose to be stolen, he may keep her away from the Gerewol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title / The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi / Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.