Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,895 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies (2594 Views)

"Adopt Me" Dj Cuppy To 2face And Annie Idibia [PICS] / American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots / 14 American Celebrities That Doesn't Age Fast See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by Ynot(m): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2006
There is an ongoing scramble to adopt a child from African by American Celebrities with the media on their trail. Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman, Sharon Stone, Calista Flockhart and Meg Ryan have all adopted children from Africa. Madona just came back from Africa with a Malawian adopted David Banda. Britney is now looking into the possibility of welcoming a disadvantaged African child into her own family.

What's your take on this (humanitarian, anybody?) frenzy? What will/do these celebrities benefit from such transaction and media attention? Methinks most of them adopt these kids for the media attention they can get as most of these kids end up being raised by nannies.

Will you give up your son/daughter for adoption by these celebrities?
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by angelz(f): 2:04pm On Oct 18, 2006
May dat neva apen. I dnt plan avin much chldren so as 4 1 of dem 2 end up wit a celebrity/d rich as an adoptd chld. I'l av just 2 kids by Jah's grace. Dos star r doin it 4 d 'noise' bhind it.
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by Free(f): 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2006
da thang i dnt understand w/ modonnas adoption is
the boy has a family , dey just cnt afford money to raise him

so da best thing 4 her to do (if she was smart) was to maybe
give money 2 da family to take care of this boy

instead of herr taken him away from his family
if she reallly cares 4 dis boi well being,
she would have dne elsewise

she already got enough attention
so why this shiit now angry angry angry
money is a powerful thang i guess
dese celebs r showin us how is USED haha grin
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by nilla(f): 2:14pm On Oct 18, 2006
its really crazy. I'm sure a few have good intentions, but most i think its just for publicity. why help just 1 when there are millions
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by Free(f): 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2006
i know

but da thang i hate bout africa
is dat we always need help

n these ppl r gonna make use of us
anyway they please angry
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by Outkast(f): 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2006
Just take it like this, it's a new trend, first it was Asia, do you remember the scramble for kids in Asia, I'm not saying that some people don't have true intentions, To some it's another way to get in the Public's eye

@Free my dear, to the rest of the world, Africa will always need help, it's sad but very true.
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by Free(f): 2:36pm On Oct 18, 2006
hmm i know
gurl

but these celebs r not thinkin bout these children but themselves
if dey were , they would create a betta plce 4 them in africa

to the rest of the world, Africa will always need help, it's sad but very true.
but i just wish it wasnt like that
cuz its really depression cry cheesy
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by nilla(f): 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2006
I know its sad.

Maybe more africans should try helping Africa, then we would not that much help from the weteners.
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by Outkast(f): 11:24pm On Oct 18, 2006
Exactly Nilla, that's what we need to do,

It's no good relying on them all the time
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by nilla(f): 11:19pm On Oct 19, 2006
;d
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by iice(f): 3:29am On Oct 20, 2006
Note: Nicole Kidman, Calista Flockhart, Sharon Stone and Meg Ryan did not adopt kids from Africa.
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by Outkast(f): 7:16pm On Oct 20, 2006
Note we didn't say all of them iice, but you can't deny it's becoming something of a trend?
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by AngelKiss(f): 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2006
FREE: :Pda thang i dnt understand w/ modonnas adoption is

[flash=200,200]http://so da best thing 4 her to do (if she was smart) was to maybe

if she reallly cares 4 this boi well being,

so why this shiit now
dese celebs r showin us how is USED haha[/flash]
[/color][color=#990000]

I AGREE COMPLETELY!!!!!
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by desiree(f): 9:54pm On Oct 20, 2006
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
AngelKiss:

FREE: :Pda thang i dnt understand w/ modonnas adoption is

[flash=200,200]http://so da best thing 4 her to do (if she was smart) was to maybe

if she reallly cares 4 this boi well being,

so why this shiit now
dese celebs r showin us how is USED haha[/flash]
[/color][color=#990000]

I AGREE COMPLETELY!!!!!

I believe the boy's father left him in an orphanage after his mother died, to me that equates to him not having a biological family at all. If Madonna wants to adopt him let her do so!!!
At least that would grant him and his family a lifetime dream- of a better future. If fact i recommend that every celebrity with a stable family life should go to Africa and adopt 2 children each. That is far better than living in an African orphanage.
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by iice(f): 5:58am On Oct 21, 2006
Two celebrities doing something doesnt actually mean its a trend. It's just because its celebrities and Africa hence the massive speculation and backlash. Wonder how many other people who adopt babies from Africa without the spotlight on them.Meanwhile the father of the child is defending Madonna. Maybe he just knows he cannot handle raising a kid on his own and would want something better for the child. No matter how we wish it, not everyone is capable of doing certain things even though we see them as simple, little and mundane. If Madonna wants to adopt me, make she come over grin
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by Free(f): 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2006
Modonna is gonna be on Oprah
this wednesday
to talk about her controversial Adoption
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by Free(f): 6:27pm On Oct 21, 2006
I believe the boy's father left him in an orphanage after his mother died, to me that equates to him not having a biological family at all. If Madonna wants to adopt him let her do so!!!
At least that would grant him and his family a lifetime dream- of a better future. If fact i recommend that every celebrity with a stable family life should go to Africa and adopt 2 children each. That is far better than living in an African orphanage.

gurl da father left him at ophanage cuz he dnt have da money 2 raise
so dnt U think that if modonna wanted 2 help dis kid
she would give da fatha money to help raise this child
instead of adoptin him??
what she did is stupid 2 me
am sure there were other kids out there who HAS NO FAMILY LEFT, NO FATHER OR MOTHER
dat would be a good adoption undecided
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by desiree(f): 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2006
Free:

girl da father left him at ophanage because he dnt have da money 2 raise
so dnt U think that if modonna wanted 2 help this kid
she would give da fatha money to help raise this child
instead of adoptin him??
what she did is stupid 2 me
am sure there were other kids out there who HAS NO FAMILY LEFT, NO FATHER OR MOTHER
that would be a good adoption undecided

He did not have money to raise him, damn!!! that is just an excuse he gave. If he did not have money, the boy must have other relatives willing to help him raise his child- what about, Uncles, Aunties and grand-parents. Surely somebody in his gene-poll must have a job and some money to feed a 1 yr old boy, c'mon how much do they need to feed him. The bottom line is that they didn't want him, period. Madonna does, so what has she done wrong?? Helping a poor child better his life and future. The boy’s father is even in full support of her intensions

If she had given the dad some money, he might spend it all within a heartbeat, marry some unprincipled wife and the boy would still not get the love, attention and care that he needs.
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by Free(f): 10:33pm On Oct 21, 2006
how do u know
da father dnt want him huh?

modonna just wnt an displayed her money
and got what she wanted
is not fair
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by nilla(f): 10:35pm On Oct 21, 2006
Does anybody know how much she paid to buy adopt the baby?
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by desiree(f): 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2006
He was dumped in an orphanage remember---that makes it crystal clear that the father didn't want him. That goes a long why to say people shouldn’t be having children if they don't have money to raise them and are going to dump their responsibility on someone else.

If more people displayed their money for good causes, like Madonna did---the world would be a more bearable place to live.
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by Free(f): 10:43pm On Oct 21, 2006
eeeennn so u support her abi??
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by desiree(f): 10:50pm On Oct 21, 2006
Of course i do support her.

I know many rich white families that have adopted children from Africa i.e. Ethiopia and Guinea, the bureaucracy of the process does not bother me at all, like how much they paid or didn't pay---the morals behind their motive is what amazes me. These people have a happy and fulfilled lifes, they have their own children but it doesn't stop there, they go and touch other peoples life’s by adopting a child from Africa. To me they have done a great thing!!
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by Free(f): 10:54pm On Oct 21, 2006
i dnt blame U

why do they alwayz go to africa to adopt?
wen theres kids in their backyard who need adoption
4 publicity maybe?

dnt take a child away from his parents expecially when
one of the parnt is still alive
how would she feel if someone pull da same shiit on her
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by Ynot(m): 11:02pm On Oct 21, 2006
desiree:

He was dumped in an orphanage remember---that makes it crystal clear that the father didn't want him. That goes a long why to say people shouldn't’t be having children if they don't have money to raise them and are going to dump their responsibility on someone else.

If more people displayed their money for good causes, like Madonna did---the world would be a more bearable place to live.

Do you think Madonna cared about that particular boy? Had the baby's father refused to give him up for adoption, she would've looked somewhere else. The point is, Madonna wanted to adopt a child by all means. The reason behind her action is what we don't know.
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by desiree(f): 11:11pm On Oct 21, 2006
The point is that the father supported her and wanted her to adopt the child he didn't want. She saw the boy and bonded with him straight away, i don't know why Madonna's case should be an issue. Many non-celebrity adopt all the time, should we say they are looking for publicity as well
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by nilla(f): 7:17pm On Oct 22, 2006
most of them are looking for publicitiy.

Was watching BBC the other day and a british person was angry cos they dont understand why people go else where to adopt when just in their backyard they have tons of kids that need adoption.
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by desiree(f): 10:15pm On Oct 22, 2006
What you don't understand is that those children in the british orphanage or care system live 100 times better than those in African, it is just a matter of weighting, who will benefit more from adoption?? children in the EU or Africa??
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by Free(f): 10:43pm On Oct 22, 2006
ok
desiree
gurl

we get ur point
but why dnt these celebs just adopt all da african
kids in orphanage

since they wanna help so bad
why just pick one child undecided
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by Amobi1(m): 12:45am On Oct 23, 2006
Is madonna looking for a 23 yr old child to adopt? B/c am here!!!!
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by Ynot(m): 1:33am On Oct 23, 2006
Amobi 1:

Is madonna looking for a 23 yr old child to adopt? B/c am here!!!!

Nah, you are too old. Society will think she's gon molest you.
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by Amobi1(m): 1:51am On Oct 23, 2006
hey dude am not too old for malnutrition!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Karrueche's Bum Picture Bothers Chris Brown After Amber Rose Approves It / Munachi And Her ToyBoy Boyfriend / Would You Eat This Human Face Cake?-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.