Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,997 members, 7,799,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/11/15 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/11/15 (936 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/11/15 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 28/11/15 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/11/15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/11/15 by dallyemmy: 8:45pm On Nov 28, 2015
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: SUNDAY 29th NOVEMBER 2015

THEME: PERMANENT CONNECTION

Memorise:
And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
Hebrews 1:7

Read: Philippians 1:20-21
20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

For God to use you as a minister for manifesting His signs and wonders to the world, you must be totally consecrated and committed. In addition, you must be permanently connected to Jesus. In Philippians 1:21, Paul declared that if he would be alive at all, the essence of his living must be Christ. Many of us are still living for ourselves, our families and for others. Until you get to that point of deciding to live for Christ like Paul did, you may not be chosen by God for the manifestation of His signs and wonders. If you take a piece of hot iron and you drop it into a bucket of cold water, what will happen to the water? It will heat up immediately, but as the water gets warm, the iron loses its heat. If you are connected to the Holy Spirit and you became red hot, but then you later jump into the cold water of the world, you will still be healing, delivering people and casting out demons initially, but at some point, because you are no longer connected with the fire of the Holy Spirit, you will begin to lose heat until you becomes as cold as the world.

Have you observed the life of Jesus Christ? Every time Jesus performed a major miracle, He would immediately set Himself apart from men unto God on a mountain, in order to recharge His battery. You need to be permanently connected to the Holy Spirit. When a water heater containing cold water is connected to a power source, the water will start boiling after some time. If the water heater is not disconnected, at some point, evaporation of the water will follow. If after evaporation has commenced, the water heater continues to receive power, a fire outbreak will likely happen. This illustrates that as long as you remain connected to the Holy Spirit and His fire continues to flow through you, at some point, you will manifest His very nature, especially in the dimension of being a consuming fire. No wonder Hebrews 1:7 says:
"And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire."

God wants you to manifest His very nature. This is only possible when the link between you and the Holy Spirit is unbroken. How is that connection today? Do you once in a while dabble into sin? If you do, you break the connection and move away from manifesting as a flame of fire.

Action Point:
You cannot afford to lose your link with God. Consciously ensure you are permanently connected to Him.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PSALM 45-50 and HEBREWS 4:8-5:10
AUTHOR: Pst. E. A. ADEBOYE

3 Likes

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/11/15 by dallyemmy: 7:09pm On Nov 29, 2015
Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (Sunday November 29th 2015)
-PERMANENT CONNECTION
1.Thank you Father for the salvation of my soul.
2.Thank you Father for the grace to be counted among the living today.
3.Father, have mercy upon me and forgive me all my sins.
4.Father, let every sin that has caused a separation between you and me, be blotted out by the blood of Jesus.
5.Father, let the old nature of sin in my life be completely consumed by your fire and make me a brand new creature.
6.Father, let me never be ashamed to preach the gospel of Christ and to be identified with you.
7.Father, consecrate me totally to your service, in Jesus' name.
8.Father, let me be completely committed and sold out to you and the work of the kingdom.
9.Father, make me a candidate and instrument of your signs and wonders.
10.Father, let every spirit of lukewarmness in my life and in your church be consumed by your fire.
11.Father, I am created in your image and nature, transform me completely, to reflect your full and true image and nature.
12.Father, empower me to remain focussed on you and never to entangle myself again, with the affairs of this world.
13.Father, anoint me afresh for today's assignment, as I cannot use yesterday's anointing to bear today's burden.
14.Father, let me remain permanently connected to you and the Holy Spirit, no matter the challenge I may face or encounter, in Jesus' name.
15.Your Personal petitions. (Phil 4:6)
16. In Jesus' name I pray. (Jn 15:16)
17.Thank you Father for answered prayers.(1 Thes 5:18).

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/12/15 / Stop Celebrating Christmas It Is Idolatry - Kumuyi / 2016 Prophetic Outlook For Mfm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.