Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,952 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? (5386 Views)

Gold Discovered In Bagwai And Shanno LGA In Kano (photos) / Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity / Seven Energy Is Developing Anambra LNG To Tap Huge Gas Deposits In The State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Herald47: 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2015
I read an article on the enugu thread and also on the nationonline news that huge gas deposit( 70% ) and some crude oil( 30% ) were discovered in nsukka,enugu state and it is estimated to last more than 50years.
Someone should please help me with detailed info,especially those within enugu.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Afam4eva(m): 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2015
Post your source.
Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by DerideGull(m): 10:19pm On Nov 28, 2015
Herald47:
I read an article on the enugu thread and also on the nationonline news that huge gas deposit( 70% ) and some crude oil( 30% ) were discovered in nsukka,enugu state and it is estimated to last more than 50years.

No such thing is known. Besides, there should be no drilling even if it is truth.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by cleatoris: 10:22pm On Nov 28, 2015
Pls add abundant gold and diamond deposits to it. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Herald47: 10:25pm On Nov 28, 2015
Afam4eva:
Post your source.
my communicator is a java phone therefore it can't copy and paste link,you can still access the information on google by typing 'GAS AND CRUDE OIL DISCOVERED IN NSUKKA' in the search button or anything related to that.
Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by adaweezy(m): 10:27pm On Nov 28, 2015
Herald47:
Yes i believe you are right it may not be at Nsukka exactly but around the area, The Igalas and the Igbos have been fighting for it for a long time
Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Herald47: 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2015
cleatoris:
this is a serious thread,so don't derail it please.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by garyaustin(m): 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2015
Yes there has been an open secret knowledge of crude oil deposits around Eha Alumona axis of Nsukka. I am writing as a complete Nsukka boy.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Herald47: 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
adaweezy:

Yes i believe you are right it may not be at Nsukka exactly but around the area, The Igalas and the Igbos have been fighting for it for a long time
you are talking about iga oilfield in uzo uwani l.g.a of enugu,this one i'm talking about is in nsukka l.g.a,try google search and you find more details about it.
Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by cleatoris: 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
Herald47:
this is a serious thread,so don't derail it please.
Depends on your understanding of derailing.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Herald47: 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
garyaustin:
Yes there has been an open secret knowledge of crude oil deposits around Eha Alumona axis of Nsukka. I am writing as a complete Nsukka boy.

i think you are not far from the truth.
Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by adaweezy(m): 10:43pm On Nov 28, 2015
Herald47:
you are talking about iga oilfield in uzo uwani l.g.a of enugu,this one i'm talking about is in nsukka l.g.a,try google search and you find more details about it.
Nsukka is a town and Local Government Area in South-East Nigeria in Enugu State. Towns that share a common border with Nsukka, are Edem Ani, Alor-uno, Opi, Orba and Ede-Oballa, Obimo. Other nearby towns include Enugu Ezike, Obollo-Afor (formerly centre of the palm oil trade), Nimbo, Adani, Uzo Uwani and Mkpologwu, now also lay claim to the name Nsukka.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nsukka
err i said not at Nsukka but around that area...
Its most likely the same deposit

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by kodded(m): 10:48pm On Nov 28, 2015
DerideGull:

No such thing is known. Besides, there should be no drilling even if it is truth.

cleatoris:

Nsukka residents seek exploration of
gas, crude deposits

•The abandoned site
A natural gas and oil well discovered about 50 years
ago at Ehalumona in Nsukka Local Government Area
of Enugu State has remained untapped since its
discovery.
The residents have expressed the desire to see
exploration activities at the site.
The natural gas and oil deposit in the area is said to
be in large commercial quantity and estimated to last
for over 50 years.
An indigenous oil and gas company, Seveen Energy
was said to have acquired the site for exploration but
abandoned it for what insiders called political
interference.
The vast gas site was first discovered by CGG
Company prior to the Nigerian Civil War in 1966. It
has been overgrown with weeds and left in a
deplorable state.
The untapped crude deposit found in abundance in
the area has traces of the same deposits in other
communities in Nsukka and also cut across local
governments in the area.
The areas that have traces of the crude deposits
include Obollo Ekeh, Ezebinagu, Isi Uzo, amomg
others.
The major base of the oil is in Ehalumona and it has
about 30% petrol and 70% natural gas deposits.
The residents of the oil rich communities have
expressed worry over the inability of the indigenous
company, Seveen Energy to carry on further
explorative activities since the Federal Government
awarded it since 2013.
The residents dislosed that the Seveen Energy
company had carried out a siesmic operation they
termed environmental impact assessment in February
2014 at the abandoned oil zone.
In 2008 the huge natural gas deposit attracted
Geokinetic Gas and Oil Plc, for further exploration of
the site but failed to continue.
A community leader, Cletus Akor disclosed that prior
to the Nigerian civil war in 1966, the oil and gas
deposits had earlier attracted CGG company where
they carried it’s first seismic exploration but couldn’t
continue as a result of the severity of the civil war.
The community youth leader, Oji Uzo expressed his
dissatisfaction over the abandoned oil-rich zone,
describing it as a waste of both human and capital
resources.
He said: “This type of thing should not be joked with.
Look at an endowment being overlooked, something
that would have been a source of employment
opportunities for jobless Nigerian youths is
overgrown by grasses. When this company first came
here, our youth were employed as labourers and some
worked in other lucrative positions, but look at how
delapidated it is, a treasure of a nation.
“They told us that they would test the natural gas
which they did and carried a half tanker of the crude
gas for test, but we have not heard from them again.”
Also, Mr. Jonathan Ugwuanyi disclosed that apart
from the Natural gas located in the area that there are
untapped natural resources like Gold, Coal, among
other resources located in the area.
The traditional ruler of Ezebinagu /Ehandiagu
communities, Igwe Daniel Ugwuanyi expressed his
belief that the company may begin exploration of the
natural gas soon.
He said: “If this gas deposit is explored, it will create
job opportunities for the people as well as a source of
revenue for the Federal and State government.”
He said that the gas deposit would likely foster the
construction of the much neglected Nsukka,
Ehalumona, Ehandiagu, Mbu-Ikem road,” he said.
He therefore apealed to the State and Federal
government to react positively to the abandoned huge
gas deposit located in Ezebinagu/ Ehandiagu
communities.

undecided undecided

'doubting Thomas
undecided undecided

http://thenationonlineng.net/nsukka-residents-seek-exploration-of-gas-crude-deposits/

6 Likes

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 28, 2015
There's no oil in Enugu na coal Enugu get, close this thread mbok! Una dey find where una go put pipeline like leeches abi?
Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Young03(m): 11:05pm On Nov 28, 2015
it was discovered at eha-ndi agu, very close to ebonyi state

its,still in progrss cus I cus remember years back in 2006 dat my dad wrote application letter der, for the position of a minning engineers

nsukka z blessed

proudly nwa nsukka

4 Likes

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by DerideGull(m): 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2015
kodded:

undecided undecided

'doubting Thomas
undecided undecided

http://thenationonlineng.net/nsukka-residents-seek-exploration-of-gas-crude-deposits/

Crude oil has done serious damage on Nigeria and its psychic. I wish there is no additional crude oil well to be struck in Nigeria.
Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Herald47: 6:45am On Nov 29, 2015

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Chimarto: 7:22am On Nov 29, 2015
Their is also oil in ENUGU EZIKE but it belong to the gods.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 29, 2015
Am from Awgu precisely Ezere, when next I travel home I will take a picture of coal all over my community. Enugu is richly blessed so as other states in Nigeria including Zamfara state, all we need to do is go back to our states start the development there, not this type of whitewashed grave Nigerian development.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by SupremeXYZ(m): 8:23am On Nov 29, 2015
I love this. At the peak of it all,Abia,Imo,Anambra and Enugu will become oil belt.I just wish not in Nigeria. I don't want them to suffer environmental degradation as we suffering with nothing to show for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 29, 2015
Speaking out of ignorance and envy, no Igbo state is without oil, go to Edda in Ebonyi state, oil was discovered there in 1926, In Enugu a boundary town UgwuOba between Anambra has a large deposit of gas.
VonBismark:
There's no oil in Enugu na coal Enugu get, close this thread mbok! Una dey find where una go put pipeline like leeches abi?

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 29, 2015
DikeOha882:
Speaking out of ignorance and envy, no Igbo state is without oil, go to Edda in Ebonyi state, oil was discovered there in 1926, In Enugu a boundary town UgwuOba between Anambra has a large deposit of gas.
bro I'm an igbo guy, I know what u re saying, I just wouldn't like Enugu or any other SE state to be a reminiscent of what's going on in the SS where resources are being harnessed and the owners re marginalized while bearing the brunt of whatever side effect that crops up. Perhaps u misunderstand.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 29, 2015
I don't care where ever you come from, I only care about the ignorance in your comment
VonBismark:
bro I'm an igbo guy, I know what u re saying, I just wouldn't like Enugu or any other SE state to be a reminiscent of what's going on in the SS where resources are being harnessed and the owners re marginalized while bearing the brunt of whatever side effect that crops up. Perhaps u misunderstand.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by ichidodo: 9:47am On Nov 29, 2015
Bad idea raising public awareness on this development......Dont need pristine and picturesteque Nsukka turned into a marginalized field of smog,environmental degradation and death..

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 29, 2015
DikeOha882:
I don't care where ever you come from, I only care about the ignorance in your comment
Suit yourself, whatever peels ur bananas!
Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by kingzizzy: 10:38am On Nov 29, 2015
Oil and Gas has never been the problem of Igbo land.

Our problem is getting Biafra

Without Biafra, the Gas deposit at Eha-Alumona belongs to an Alhahji in Sokoto.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:35am On Nov 29, 2015
cleatoris:

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by demielvis: 11:50am On Nov 29, 2015
Abia Imo Anambra Enugu Ebonyi...Choi Biafrans 5 landlocked erosion ravaged states has oil?

Biafrans dont let them touch "our oyel".grin

#FreeNnamdiKanu
#FreeBiafra
Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
Based on my studies in Anambra basin, especially mamu formations and coal seams, Enugu should have gas deposits if structural reservoirs and seal rocks exist. Exploration wells drilled within this environment give credence to this postulation. However it is very easy to extract oil /gas within Niger Delta basin. As an investor, I would rather drill in Niger Delta where reservoirs are relatively shallow and formations friendly. If regions gain freedom, you will be amazed at the amount of gas sitting in Enugu/Anambra axis. There would still be huge reservoirs of oil in Imo, Anambra and Abia in addition to gas, though not to extent found in Niger Delta. Afikpo holds a good promise for hydrocarbons, however much research has not been done. Investors are presently more interested in easy oil found in Niger Delta basin.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by CyberWolf: 12:26pm On Nov 29, 2015
DikeOha882:
you misunderstand the guy. You guys shouldn't jump and quote someone out of context without reading the comment with 3rd n 4th eye.
Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by gurujoe(m): 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2015
some people won't be happy reading this
Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Herald47: 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2015
I would like the state government to manage it instead of waiting for fg.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tincan Customs Command Generates N207.8bn In 10 Months / European Police Feeds Street Cats As No Food For Them Due To Lockdown (photos) / Is Gov Zulum And Sadiya Farouq Minister Of Humanitarian Affair Dating? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.