Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office (1899 Views)

Stanbic IBTC Staff Dressed In Cultural Attires Ahead Of Independence Day(Photos) / Tony Elumelu Enjoying Good Music In The Office (Video) / Corporate Wheel Barrow Pusher In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by JAZES(m): 7:46am On Nov 29, 2015
Saw this interesting story on Facebook. Shared by Chiemezie Claire Asunugwo-Anyanwu.
Pictured below is a wheelbarrow pusher named Bashir who does his business at markets in Abuja and its environs. He’s always well dressed despite what his job is. Read what Claire wrote about him.....
“You can find dignity in your job.” His name is Bashir Suleiman, he’s a Mai-barrow and a proud one at that. I was privileged to have him gather my groceries and produce for me as I shopped in the market today. First of all he was very well dressed with his clothes well ironed as if he was going to a proper office work and I was told by the fruit seller who saw my initial surprise when Bashir approached me that it was his custom to dress well daily to his Mai-barrow job. It got even more interesting when I caught a whiff of his “perfume” and noticed his socked feet in a pair of well polished sandals��. Other barrow pushers approached me but with my curiosity already piqued and biased towards Bashir, I felt it an honor to have him gather my stuff for today. Next, he had very good communication skills, his grammar may not have been ivy-league standard, but we communicated very easily while he helped bridge the gap between my Hausa language spattering and my needful communication in same language with my customers who spoke little or no English. Bashir was very much involved in every bit of my shopping making sure I wasn’t cheated and my change was properly counted out and given to me. Bashir also showed me the best places I didn’t even know existed in the market to buy the freshest produce at competitive prices. Bashir was attentive, involved, sharp, smart, fast and market savvy too. Whilst we were shopping, Bashir got as many as 3 different phone calls from customers like me who were en route the market and wanted him on standby for them. One told him where to wait for her while the other told him she was prepared to wait till he was free to serve her since he was currently engaged. Bashir did his job with a great attitude and a smile, he was polite and courteous yet humble and ready to serve. At the end, I had to give Bashir much more than I have ever given a Mai-barrow( and believe me I always tip them generously) because Bashir beat all stereotypes and made my life much easier today. Of course I left with Bashir’s phone number decisively saved in my phone book. People like Bashir have further strengthened my belief that the future generation of our country can and will excel and be better than the past generations. Tomorrow we may just see a registered company–Bashir Uber-Mai-barrow Ltd, with clean, well dressed and courteous service boys…making shoppers’ lives easier, earning good money, even paying taxes to the government and contributing their quota to the system versus the modern day entrenchment of criminality by the teeming unemployable youth that are not ready to work yet maraud the society today. Now this is what I call, progress, long sightedness, wisdom and imminent vital prosperity. Let’s all join hands and make the skies of these young men a stepping stone by encouraging them in whatever ways possible. Thanks for reading…. Thanks Bashir.

There is dignity in labour guys and trust me if you put your mind to it you can do and achieve anything.
http://www.onlineleaks247.com/index.php/2015/11/29/there-is-dignity-in-labour-a-barrow-pusher-dressed-so-well-you-will-think-he-is-on-his-way-to-the-office/
CC: lalasticlala,ishilove
lala, help push this out there cos many youths needs to see this. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by HungerBAD: 7:47am On Nov 29, 2015
Nice.

A Corporate Wheel barrow pusher, I like his concept and the the fact that he takes pride in his job.

I have respect for this man.

8 Likes

Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by shaiba(f): 7:49am On Nov 29, 2015
Dignity In Labor.
Kudos to him

5 Likes

Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by Bambless1(m): 7:50am On Nov 29, 2015
F r o n t p a g e!
Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by flawlesRebirth(f): 8:03am On Nov 29, 2015
hahahahahahah......serzlu?.. looks like he has a PHD on barrow pushing.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by madridguy(m): 8:04am On Nov 29, 2015
I called it Packaging @ highest order.

5 Likes

Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by xreal: 8:07am On Nov 29, 2015
All na packaging.

I love his concept though.

1 Like

Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by Kirinwa: 8:10am On Nov 29, 2015
Such a handsome and polished young man.

Lalasticlala kindly do the needful.

1 Like

Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by tellwisdom: 8:17am On Nov 29, 2015
Na the only hausa guy wey get sense be this...others na rubbish. if dem no wear pant untop trouser, dem go eat sugar cane with rice. Very ffooolish people sad
Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by iamodenigbo1(m): 8:19am On Nov 29, 2015
Wao D.I.L
Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by ksuccess(m): 8:26am On Nov 29, 2015
This is really nice. I salute his courage
Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by Holatunde007(m): 8:33am On Nov 29, 2015
The question is how many of u here on nairaland can do exactly like him?
Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by Kirinwa: 8:41am On Nov 29, 2015
Holatunde007:
The question is how many of u here on nairaland can do exactly like him?

Is it what this thread is about? You wey get mouth you never see wheelbarrow? Abi you never get shoes and coat.

1 Like

Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by Sylvaxxl1(m): 8:44am On Nov 29, 2015
I think this guy has done what most SMEs in nigeria lack that's packaging.I think we should learn for him that no biz is too small for packaging...I'm also guilty

1 Like

Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by Young03(m): 8:47am On Nov 29, 2015
bashir....na only polytene bags u de carry
go carry gallons of palm oil, then we shall know if dignity is found or lost
Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by Holatunde007(m): 9:54am On Nov 29, 2015
Kirinwa:

Is it what this thread is about? You wey get mouth you never see wheelbarrow? Abi you never get shoes and coat.

What's this one speaking?
Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by ejamahrandy: 9:58am On Nov 29, 2015
are you kidding me
Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by lgboks(m): 10:01am On Nov 29, 2015
If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.
Martin Luther King Jr.

4 Likes

Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by JAZES(m): 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2015
Guys, u know just thinking aloud...what if I register a company, buy plenty wheelbarrows or mini trucks that can help women who comes to buy stuffs in the market to carry their stuffs.
I go employ mostly school leavers and have super visors who monitors them scattered across the major markets all over the country. All the women need to do is to download an app on their phone with their atm card with which they pay every time they come to d market.
Above all, I will make all the Barrow pushers dress well and train them on how they relate with customers.
Just thinking Ni o.....
Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by Adatob(m): 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2015
Cul
Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by Kirinwa: 5:30pm On Nov 29, 2015
Holatunde007:

What's this one speaking?

I was saying your Pa should have saved us this nightmare by using condoms.
Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by Holatunde007(m): 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2015
Kirinwa:

I was saying your Pa should have saved us this nightmare by using condoms.
Ur moniker says it all
Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by xreal: 8:03am On Nov 30, 2015
tellwisdom:
Na the only hausa guy wey get sense be this...others na rubbish. if dem no wear pant untop trouser, dem go eat sugar cane with rice. Very ffooolish people sad

take ya time.
Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by adealaric(m): 11:19am On Dec 01, 2015
lgboks:
If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.
Martin Luther King Jr.
Re: A Barrow Pusher Dressed So Well You Will Think He Is On His Way To The Office by OgidiOlu3(m): 8:41am On Dec 02, 2015
JAZES:
Guys, u know just thinking aloud...what if I register a company, buy plenty wheelbarrows or mini trucks that can help women who comes to buy stuffs in the market to carry their stuffs.
I go employ mostly school leavers and have super visors who monitors them scattered across the major markets all over the country. All the women need to do is to download an app on their phone with their atm card with which they pay every time they come to d market.
Above all, I will make all the Barrow pushers dress well and train them on how they relate with customers.
Just thinking Ni o.....

Impossible is nothing. But I don't think that market is ready for that kind of technology. Most of the women that will use the service are market women and you'll need to educate them on how to use the app. And you should know that older generations don't like paying for stuff with their card. They always assume anything that requires their PIN is scam.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Diamond Bank Excecutive Director, Victor Ezenwoko Passes On / 3 serious Coal Suppliers Needed Urgently / Please Which African Country Can I Source For Fish Maw?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.