Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:00 PM

Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions (89046 Views)

Amazing Inventions That Should Totally Exist / 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide / Inventors Who Were Killed By Their Own Inventions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by ofofoCEO(f): 9:41am On Nov 29, 2015
There is a drop of greatness in every Nigerian. This exclusive list mirrors the great endeavor of Nigerian scientists both living and dead who have left indelible marks in their respective fields both nationally and internationally. This list is not arranged in any particular order and data was sourced from credible and verified bodies both offline and online.

PHILIP EMEAGWALI

Philip Emeagwali who may well be the greatest scientist of all time is a Nigerian inventor and scientist. He has been living in the United States of America for many years. Philip Emeagwali is recognized worldwide and has been voted “Father of Super-computing,” he is ranked #1 in computing. And ranked FIRST by Google for “contribution to the development of the computer.”
The TIME magazine sees him as: The “Unsung Hero” Behind the Internet. We at amebo are proud of you sir.
Did you know Philip Emeagwali has a higher IQ than Albert Einstein? Okay, now you know.

BART NNAJI

A one time Presidential aspirant and Enugu state born Prof Bartholomew Nnaji, is an erstwhile Minister of Power of the Federal republic who holds a Doctorate in Industrial and Systems Engineering from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in the United States. As a researcher, he focused on: Computer Aided Design, Robotics and Computer Aided Engineering. Using the knowledge he gained from his research pursuits, he created the term Geometric reasoning, the idea that most things we operate has a geometric configuration. He is also credited as one of the innovators of the E-design concept. He is also the founder of the first indigenous owned power generating company in Nigeria and was also a former minister for Science and Technology in the country.

MOHAMMED BAH ABBA

Necessity as they say, is the mother of invention. Mohamed Bah Abba from a rural area of northern Nigeria developed the pot-in-pot refrigerator i,e, Pot-in-Pot Preservation Cooling System in the 1990s. Northern Nigeria is an impoverished region where people in rural communities eke out a living from subsistence farming. In rural northern Nigeria, there are no refrigerators. Most people don’t even have electricity. So perishable food must be eaten immediately, or it will go to waste. He received the Rolex Award for Enterprise in 2001 and used his $75,000 award to make the invention available throughout Nigeria.

COLONEL OVIEMO OVADJE

There are many Nigerians who have made the country proud, either by their personal achievements or their contributions to the development of the country. But, permit me to say that, there is this one with very intimidating credentials; one who has made his mark nationally and internationally. As a medical doctor and a soldier, he has effectively combined the two for the good of humanity in solving the problem of blood salvage from body cavities by pioneering and creating a design- the EATSET to replace and improve on the gauze filtration technique as practiced in developing countries. This great son of is from the Isoko extraction of Delta State. He was declared the Best African Scientist in 1995 before African Heads of States when he won the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) and Organisation of African Unity (OAU) Gold Medal for scientific work designed to save women who usually die from abnormal pregnancy (ECTOPIC GESTATION).

PROFESSOR GABRIEL OYIBO

There are always two sides to the coin” and so it is for the most controversial scientist on this list, Gabriel Oyibo, a Professor of Mathematics whose theory – “God Almighty Grand Unified Theorem (GAGUT)” has been heavily criticised by some scholars. Some see him as a madman others see him as a Genius but that notwithstanding this professor boasts of a very rich credential. Professor Gabriel Audu Oyibo obtained his Ph. D. in Aeronautics and Mathematics from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) Troy, New York where he worked for four (4) years on NASA/AFOSR sponsored research and made several contributions in aircraft design, aerodynamics, aeroelasticity, mathematics and taught several courses. Dr. Oyibo received Knighthood by His Royal Highness, Attah of the Igala Kingdom.

Thank you for taking time to read, corrections are welcomed. You can also name notable Nigerian scientists in The comment section below.

Source: http://amebohub.com/2015/11/27/top-five-nigerian-scientists-and-their-great-inventions/

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by princeogbeide1(m): 9:48am On Nov 29, 2015
This great men exceedingly had their break through in the wilderness of Biafra and Boko harram crises which had been developing long ago. Am still proud of my country" If not for Phillip Emeagwali, super computing wouldn't have been intensely experienced in the globe. He created the fastest computer in 1989-1998 that can perform 3.1billon calculations per second which is faster than the speed of a cray supercomputer " this is a man who was born in 1954 and was raised in the town of Onitsha in a family of eight. Thats an unbeatable remark of Nigeria in Africa" Remarks still goes to late Mohammed Bah who invented a natural cooling system wit clay soil far back as 1900" no wonder we got the true title of being the giant of Africa" we miss our lost glory"

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by favAMEBO(f): 12:42pm On Nov 29, 2015
lalasticlala needs to see this... Please show the world Nigeria is not all about bomb blast, kidnapping and other evil vices.

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
princeogbeide1:
If not for Phillip Emeagwali, wireless Internet communications wouldn't have been intensely experienced in the globe"
WTF ?

16 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
PROFESSOR GABRIEL OYIBO: Mad man.

COLONEL OVIEMO OVADJE: Actually did something.

MOHAMMED BAH ABBA: Actually did something, not groundbreaking but useful nonetheless.

BART NNAJI: Actually did something.

PHILIP EMEAGWALI: No 1 charlatan.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by steveeeee5: 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2015
Karmanaut:

MOHAMMED BAH ABBA: Actually did something, not groundbreaking but useful nonetheless.

KARMANAUT: The Never do well of our generation

21 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2015
I heard one Dr Abalaka created a cure for HIV,but his cure was rejected because he is from Africa! grin grin How true is this?

20 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2015
DrGraveYardz:
I heard one Dr Abalaka created a cure for HIV,but his cure was rejected because he is from Africa! grin grin How true is this?
Most likely false as it hasn't been verified.
This is an old article (2000) that explains it.
www.nigeria-aids.org/reports.cfm?read=1

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 29, 2015
I can see 3 Igbo men representing where it matters most. and no yorobbber man on d list. we for no hear word today.
now where are those Flat Head amala eaters that always talkin rubbish.?
I hope they are seeing this. its not all about propaganda and stuffz

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by Donkaz(m): 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
Wow!

These are true Nigerians.

I should be among the top 5 by the year 2020. So help me God.

9 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by Richiez(m): 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2015
smiley
Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by UIA04(f): 5:00pm On Nov 29, 2015
I'm quite impressed with the northerner you hardly hear of inventions from the northerners

3 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by Isryl02(m): 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2015
Who the inventions don help lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by Geraraheremehn: 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2015
Buhari should be there, he invented boko haram, insurgency, west germany and osinbade

46 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by Flashh: 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2015
That's a good one. Joining you guys soon!

4 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by 360ng: 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
smiley smiley
Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by slimpoppa(m): 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
i see
Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by confamgist237: 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
Ok
Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by Hysmady(m): 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
Proudly Nigerian
Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by Princejebs(m): 5:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
Great scientists great Nation!!!

I love my country
Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by Seunaj05(m): 5:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
Where is Jelani Aliyu on that list? Jelani Aliyu (the Nigerian who designed GM's First Electric Car)
Albert Einstein and the likes did not aspire to become the president of their nations. Instead of aspiring for a presidential ticket I believe they can start a foundation dat will afford young Africans to achieve more. I celebrate them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by Chanchit: 5:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by tmtech: 5:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
What of professor Amire
Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by damisales: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
Finally, a post on front page showing the good part of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by Adminisher: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
Karmanaut:

Thank you. What you have posted here shows that the OP does not know much. In the first place Scientists don't invent. They do tremendous work researching and studying natural phenomena by which they make discoveries. Taking it further into invention is another thing entirely.

12 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by jerrywool: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
What of that Opayomi guy wey solve that millennium maths problem for naija newspaper.
Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
Proudly Nigerians, made of BLACK

watch out for me soon

1 Like

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by costandi(m): 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2015
Karmanaut:

Karmanaut: Will never do anything!

People be talking as though they've added any value to humanity

13 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2015
Really?
Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by helphelp: 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2015
Story worthy of front page
Re: Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions by platz(m): 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2015
How come i never had about them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Snake Swallowing Another Snake In Enugu (Photos) / "Human-sized" Fish At Apo Junction In Abuja. Photos / Anaconda Wraps Itself Round A Deadly Caiman In Brutal Fight For Survival(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.