Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,497 members, 7,808,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Custom's Gazette - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Custom's Gazette (1347 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Custom's Gazette by Pamelayoung: 10:34am On Nov 29, 2015
Hi all,

Please I need your advise on how to get my dad's gazette. He served with the Nigerian customs and excise duty from 1972- 1994 when he voluntarily resigned due to health challenge. Unfortunately his benefits and all where not processed at the time as the family battled with his health issue.

Now I have come of age and wish to take it up. I went to Abuja where I was told to get his letter or gazzete of appointment, confirmation and last promotion. Let me mention here that my dad suffered bi-polar affective disorder and as such have misplaced most of those documents.

A colleague of his advised me to get the gazette from any of the national libraries, this I have done to no success. I have been to government press, ministry of justice library and even to high court, my having to search through the loads of gazette at the library haven't yielded any result. Please anyone with any useful idea on how I can get the gazette will be highly appreciated as we need finance to fute his medical bills.

Please pardon my grammatical flops.
Thanks in anticipation of your useful comment.
Re: Custom's Gazette by akinszz: 11:20am On Nov 30, 2015
You can only get it from people that got employed during his time of employment.
Re: Custom's Gazette by Pamelayoung: 11:49am On Nov 30, 2015
akinszz:
You can only get it from people that got employed during his time of employment.

Yea, that's the issue as most of them are retired now, don't knw whr to find them.
Tnx tho.
Re: Custom's Gazette by akinszz: 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
They may still have it then u borrow and make photocopies
Pamelayoung:

Yea, that's the issue as most of them are retired now, don't knw whr to find them.
Tnx tho.
Re: Custom's Gazette by Pamelayoung: 9:52pm On Nov 30, 2015
akinszz:
They may still have it then u borrow and make photocopies
Re: Custom's Gazette by Pamelayoung: 9:56pm On Nov 30, 2015
[quote author=Pamelayoung post=40560486][/quote]

I mean to say that I don't knw pple of his set that may have d gazette. And I don't knw whr 2 look 4 them.
Re: Custom's Gazette by Mekyno(m): 7:01am On Dec 01, 2015
Pamelayoung:

I mean to say that I don't knw pple of his set that may have d gazette. And I don't knw whr 2 look 4 them.
ppl dat are still working hav dear contact naah or try link up/ convince d HR manager/dept to check up d file of ur dad's mates for dear contact.
Or find out d day dey do visit office 4 one tin or the oda.
Re: Custom's Gazette by BIDEEN: 7:15am On Dec 01, 2015
The printing press staffs should help just give them a tip and tell them your problems cos they have records of all gazettes and @ d end of every year they bind d year's gazzete together so all u will need to search is d year's gazzete alone if they are willing to favour you
Re: Custom's Gazette by tope24(m): 9:30am On Dec 01, 2015
Kindly go to federal press opp 6 storey building Marina, you will get it there.
Re: Custom's Gazette by Pamelayoung: 10:47am On Dec 01, 2015
Mekyno:

ppl dat are still working hav dear contact naah or try link up/ convince d HR manager/dept to check up d file of ur dad's mates for dear contact.
Or find out d day dey do visit office 4 one tin or the oda.

Tnx alot.
Re: Custom's Gazette by Pamelayoung: 11:08am On Dec 01, 2015
BIDEEN:
The printing press staffs should help just give them a tip and tell them your problems cos they have records of all gazettes and @ d end of every year they bind d year's gazzete together so all u will need to search is d year's gazzete alone if they are willing to favour you

Ok, I thnk I will go bck there n tip them like u suggested, cos I have been there and the attendant said it will be difficult to find since I don't have the volume and page no to locate it.

(1) (Reply)

How To Apply For The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme / Vacancies At Petmam Ventures Ltd. / Career Jobs At Flour Mill Of Nigeria Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.