Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

I Nearly Lost My Life Filming ‘beasts Of No Nation’ - Actor, Idris Elba - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Nearly Lost My Life Filming ‘beasts Of No Nation’ - Actor, Idris Elba (760 Views)

Remember Agu From Beasts Of No Nation Movie? This Is Him Now / Davido Poses With Idris Elba At MOBO Awards 2017 (Photo) / Genevieve Nnaji With Idris Elba At Beasts Of No Nation Lagos Premiere(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Nearly Lost My Life Filming ‘beasts Of No Nation’ - Actor, Idris Elba by prinxboard: 12:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
http://..com.ng/2015/11/i-nearly-lost-my-life-filming-beasts-of.html

In an Exclusive interview with MTV, Actor Idris Elba shed some light on what would have become the most awful event during the filming of the ground breaking art 'Beast of No Nation' .Writer&director Cary Fukunaga’s “Beasts Of No Nation” premiered on Netflix in October with Idris Elba as its leading man. The recently announced “Star Trek Beyond” actor plays the leader of a child soldier regiment named “Commandant,” but he apparently almost didn’t make it to the end of the film at all.

No, not the character — Elba himself.

“I nearly died,” Elba recently told The Jonathan Ross Show, as The Guardian reports. “We went to this waterfall and in this scene my character is standing there watching all the child soldiers go past. Now in the setup of that, the stunt co-ordinator says, ‘Listen everyone, this is a waterfall, that’s a 90-, 100-foot drop down there and the ground is very slippery, just be careful!’”

“I put my foot on this rock just to hang out and chill out while they were setting up and as I’m doing that it’s slippery, obviously. I slip,” he continued. “I put my hand on this tree — it’s not a tree, it’s a branch. It snaps and I go literally about six feet before I go bang over and I got caught by the security guy.”

As crazy as the fall was, the rescue itself sounds even crazier. But we know Elba. He’s not a dude that could go out like that. No, we’ve binged “The Wire.” We know.

Re: I Nearly Lost My Life Filming ‘beasts Of No Nation’ - Actor, Idris Elba by ozy4christ(f): 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2015
K
Re: I Nearly Lost My Life Filming ‘beasts Of No Nation’ - Actor, Idris Elba by jaymejate: 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2015
I like that movie. Thank God you didn't end like Paul Walker anyway.
Re: I Nearly Lost My Life Filming ‘beasts Of No Nation’ - Actor, Idris Elba by Escalze(m): 1:14pm On Nov 29, 2015
That movie is a must watch

Should win an award I swear

(1) (Reply)

Kim Kardashian Baby No 2. His Name Is Say WHAAT???? / Photos From The Traditional Marriage Of Delta State Governor's Daughter / What Do You See - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.