Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. (20392 Views)

Online Help For Completing Homework Is Now Available With Assignment Homework / Help, A Nairalander (bbcool) Defrauded Us Of N3.5 Million! (photo) / How Bankers Defrauded Wema Bank, CBN – Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by micronut(m): 12:50pm On Nov 29, 2015
Happy Sunday Fellas! Today makes it exactly 1year that the incident happened. And as a man, i had swept it aside because it was a chicken change (Small cash), but i felt it is worth sharing, at least to help all those who may fall victim of people that beg for help, every now and then, particularly online. Yes! It's a good thing to help, it is one of those things i love doing, but the wicked people have made helping a hard thing to do.

Today, while surfing the net and Nairaland particularly, i came across a guy that needed 10k badly for his startup business, i wish i could help cos i have the means but i remember my experience.

On 28th of Nov. 2014, I bought a University pre-degree scratch cards via e-transact for my junior sister at 15k, luckily she was given admission in another University that same day... I came to nairaland to sell the card at 10k after the 3rd day of buying it.

Luckily, a young girl called me about few hours after, told me she needed the form. I said owk, that she should pay into an account and i would send the pin. She said she is scared not to be defrauded.I smiled and told her she has nothing to worry about. After 2hrs she called me back along with her bf, the guy chat me up on whatsapp and he said, they have fear that they just can't trust nairaland guys. I said fine, if that is the case...Can i also trust you too? He responded saying they are good Christians, that it is even me that they are scared of.

I told him, owk.. I would send the pin, they should make sure they send my money on Monday, cos the day was on a Sunday. And that they should send me their Facebook ID. I did add them immediately and send the pin.

I Checked the University portal that Sunday evening and discovered they have used the pin, saw all her data... she had filled the form, submitted and printed exam photo card. I called her, she said yes they filled the form at a cyber cafe.. I wish her all the best.

Fast forward to Monday evening, i didn't see any payment in respect of that, no message from both end. After two days, i call the girl.. She begged me that something happened and that they have not forgotten, hopefully on Friday. After Friday, no show.. I Called again, this time, it's the boyfriend, you need to see how this guy was telling he is expecting one money in d next few weeks. I Laughed at both of them and gave them 2weeks deadline after which i would stop asking them and pray they would be paid back in folds. After 2weeks, no show again.. I saw them on Facebook doing big boy and girl lovers and using loving up dp, i just smile.

I have to call them for the last time, that am done with them, and told them frankly that am bigger than 10k, just don't want the card to waste. It could have been better if they had begged for it. Till tomorrow, i never heard from them again.

Moral lesson: Before you help, ensure you are helping the right person and not taking out of your little to enrich another, because their are thousands of fake Guys, folks that are not just trustworthy and many fraudsters out there.

NB: You may share your experience for others to learn too. It makes men and women to be much more watchful and to be be extra careful as well.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by 14teenK: 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2015
cry chai-----Who knows who its hard for me to help this days,,, dad has taught me to be toufhgh as in real tough

8 Likes

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by hahn(m): 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2015
There's a Yoruba adage that says, "If you close your eyes because you do not want to see bad people, you won't know when good people will walk by". smiley

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by micronut(m): 1:05pm On Nov 29, 2015
14teenK:
cry chai-----Who knows who its hard for me to help this days,,, dad has taught me to be toufhgh as in real tough
Bros, i tell you. When they need your help, some would be crying and promising. Just give them what they want, that may be the last time you would see them. I wish people can be sincere, the world would have been a better place.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by Escalze(m): 1:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
People can never be appreciative
This is why I don't like helping people out.
Even if you help them today, they will forget you tomorrow.

5 Likes

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by micronut(m): 1:09pm On Nov 29, 2015
hahn:
There's a Yoruba adage that says, "If you close your eyes because you do not want to see bad people, you won't know when good people will walk by". smiley
Yes, that it is the bitter truth. The words of the Elders are the best. I won't stop giving but doing it only when i know it won't affect. Now people lie about school fees and their financial predicament, you discover many are just online fraudsters. May God help us.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by hahn(m): 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
micronut:
Yes, that it is the bitter truth. The words of the Elders are the best. I won't stop giving but doing it only when i know it won't affect. Now people lie about school fees and their financial predicament, you discover many are just online fraudsters. May God help us.

That one dey. Giving should be done at one's discretion

1 Like

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by JustCurious: 2:52pm On Nov 29, 2015
This is so unfair.

Perhaps, the lady in question is reading this. Please note that you have not done well at all. Integrity is key. And, we all reap what we sow. It's just a matter of time, trust me. It's a golden rule...!
If I were you, I would do the needful. Return op's money and Just let it slide... Or why would you be a stumbling block for others who need help, genuinely?! We still got loads of people out there with good, appreciative hearts. God bless them.

[See as e dey pain me like say na my money... cheesy grin *sniffs* I detest injustice.]

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by damton(m): 3:50pm On Nov 29, 2015
Some of the social vices and ills plaguing our country.
Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by bjprodint(f): 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2015
I booked space but don't know wat to say.
Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2015
The type of youths springing up these days is one of the reason why I find it hard to believe that things will get any better in this our country.
When I was undergoing my post graduate studies in Ekiti State, I was so appalled by the way almost every student there wanted to venture into advance fee fraud aka yahoo yahoo. They saw it as a normal way of life, discussed it in public like they were talking about some new fashion trend and even had network of fellow fraudsters they hanged out with to perpetrate their crime.
The young ignorant girls saw these criminals as big boys and did everything to catch their attention. And when the so called client pays up, you need to see how they jubilated, merried and dined.
They even go as far as duping their fellow students and enjoy the feeling of being a sharp guy afterwards.
The truth is, what goes around comes around... And for every evil perpetrated, there must be a consequence. If not immediately then in the future. How can the country move forward with these type of attitude?
Anyway, if I were the one, I'd track them down and make them pay for every dime. If only they knew how hard it is to make money these days....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by naijaboiy: 3:52pm On Nov 29, 2015
That is so bad of both of them.

Op shey it was a pre-degree form? Maybe she didn't finally get admission to study her course full time. Who knows?

If she get admission through scam she go graduate with scam.

Shine your eyes next time sha! smiley

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by Isryl02(m): 3:52pm On Nov 29, 2015
It's indeed a wicked world lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 29, 2015
grin
Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by ceejay80s(m): 3:54pm On Nov 29, 2015
Safe journey
Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by HungerBAD: 3:54pm On Nov 29, 2015
Following.

1 Like

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by ShakurM(m): 3:54pm On Nov 29, 2015
One rule when helping people on a financial level, I give the the money I won't even need back incase of stories that touch.. angry

10 Likes

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by 9jageekz(m): 3:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
Sorry Op, u played along! you know how tinz online are! you send info without getting ur funds firstly!
you should had done a face2face deal..

2 Likes

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by cold(m): 3:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
micronut:

Luckily, a young girl called me about few hours after, told me she needed the form. I said owk, that she should pay into an account and i would send the pin. She said she is scared not to be defrauded.I smiled and told her she has nothing to worry about. After 2hrs she called me back along with her bf, the guy chat me up on whatsapp and he said, they have fear that they just can't trust nairaland guys. I said fine, if that is the case...Can i also trust you too?[b] He responded saying they are good Christians, [/b]that it is even me that they are scared of.
This should have raised the red flag for you. Be wary of anyone who goes 'i'm a good christian' 'by his special grace' 'god's willing' bla..bla..bla whilst trying to borrow money or anything from you. Such people never pay back. Take that from me

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by arsetalks(m): 3:56pm On Nov 29, 2015
It is everywhere. I have one principle, it is between you and GOD,not between you and them. It works for me and will work for everyone. Humans will always be humans.

3 Likes

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2015
Keep helping people bro. Though in this card case, them no try. If she begin get carry over she will not its her sins!

4 Likes

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by comradee1248: 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by kennyman2000(m): 3:59pm On Nov 29, 2015
The kind of people spoiling online biz for genuine people.. Just move on op. May God replenish ur pocket in millions fold. She'll get to regret it somedays.

4 Likes

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by sod09(m): 3:59pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hardly help angry angry
Dnt judge me oo
I av my reasons
Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2015
cheesy

@op, dint worry yourself. THERE IS NO BODY IN THIS LIFE THAT ESCAPES KARMA. Don't stop helping people, when they don't pay back, believe me they are not smart . Nobody can be wiser that God. Their own dey wait them for front.

4 Likes

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2015
Next time. Treat their Bleep up. Report the pin stolen next time and she ll face d consequence

1 Like

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by ceejay80s(m): 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2015
I am not a bad person but I don't help people that way

3 Likes

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by jomoh: 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by andyanders: 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2015
Post their face book page and their photo here.People are wicked.Mehn, nothing do you.You are bigger than they are and can not even get the admission.

10 Likes

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by housestark: 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2015
My guy, sharply screen shot her page on the portal. If you're using a system . It's Shift+ Prt Sc (next to F12 key) then paste in paint and save.

After that, much their FB pages as well, then give them an ultimatum here on Nairaland after which you'll publish their info and the Whatsapp chat between you and the BF on every public platform possible.

It's not about the 10K which I know you're bigger than, it's simply about the the breach of contract. Goodluck

micronut:
Bros, i tell you. When they need your help, some would be crying and promising. Just give them what they want, that may be the last time you would see them. I wish people can be sincere, the world would have been a better place.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by housestark: 4:03pm On Nov 29, 2015
housestark:
My guy, sharply screen shot her page on the portal. If you're using a system . It's Shift+ Prt Sc (next to F12 key) then paste in paint and save.

After that, munch their FB pages as well, then give them an ultimatum (2-5 days) here on Nairaland after which you'll publish their info and the Whatsapp chat between you and the BF on every public platform possible.

It's not about the 10K which I know you're bigger than, it's simply about the the breach of contract. Goodluck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. by Ayoswit(f): 4:03pm On Nov 29, 2015
hmk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Introduces *426# USSD Code For Easy Banking / Shipping Stuffs From Canada-nigeria / Corrupt Firms Barred From Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.