Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! (2284 Views)

List Of Hip-hop/r&b Albums U Can Listen To Back To Back Without Skipping A Song. / Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? / Winners Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009 Leaked! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by ruleyork: 11:51am On May 27, 2009
Y'all need to check this out,hiphop world awards review.quite hilarious

http://9jahiphop..com/2009/05/and-it-came-to-pass.html
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by chrisical(m): 1:41pm On May 28, 2009
Hmm!nice review except some disgusting statements like saying since mode 9 makes songs people dont want to listen to,then he will keep winning best lyricist;adding that the category was specially created for him
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by dammiecool(m): 5:52pm On May 28, 2009
Abeg I wan know if lyricst award exist in other awards like kora,nma,channel o etc.
if no dat means lyricst award was desinged 4 mode 0 by Ayo as stated by d blog cool
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by kaydee(m): 12:40am On May 29, 2009
dammiecool:

Abeg I wan know if lyricst award exist in other awards like kora,nma,channel o etc.
if no dat means lyricst award was desinged 4 mode 0 by Ayo as stated by d blog cool

Why did you ask the question when U don't wanna be schooled? U're blinded by beef!

BET and The Source give awards in that category
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by chrisical(m): 12:24pm On May 29, 2009
@dammie.
Do you mean the category should be scrapped?
It's obvious mode 9 is a close pal of Ayo but we must not forget mode has also be beaten to the best rap album and album of the year categories for two straight years shocked shocked
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by julian21(f): 1:25pm On May 29, 2009
As long as modenine is alive and keeps making those rap songs no one wants to listen to,he will keep winning this award.mode has been with HHW from the very beginning and will keep winning this category even if M.I is lyrically better than him.infact iam starting to think they created this category just for him,if not how do you justify mode winning this.during last year's award when hiptv presenters asked him how he felt about the awards modenine rhymed this"[b]whether we win or lose,we will still go home and eat our food"and he even went as far as pointing it out to the presenters like "you see,i rhymed there".[/b]Is this in whom you place your faith?

Please where is javalove?
Did mode9 really say this?if he did that sucks,more like nursery rhyme embarassed shocked cry
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by mbulela: 5:04pm On May 29, 2009
i know that award exists in BET and a few other awards but i can't help thinking that award is irrelevant in the scheme of things.
why is it an exclusivity of rap music in HHWA?
why should the criteria for the rap album of the year not include lyrical content?
i see no point in giving one award for rap album of the year and giving another one for lyricist of the year to another rap album.
it is my view that the lyrical about Mode 9 is vastly overrated. i see nothing deep in his lyrics (taking nothing away from them)and i find the rhymes often lame.
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by EzE2(m): 7:34pm On May 29, 2009
it is my view that the lyrical about Mode 9 is vastly overrated. i see nothing deep in his lyrics (taking nothing away from them)and i find the rhymes often lame.

Thank you very much for that, I totally agree with you on that, Im not saying Mode9 is a bad rapper, but he is very very far from the hype he seems to get, there is nothing really lyrical about a bunch of metaphors/punchlines geared either to diss some1 or over hype oneself, I don't even think he can do well in spoken word, and from what I've heard from him, he would sweat just to write good poetry,
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by dejiariyo: 2:04am On May 30, 2009
Ez-E:

Thank you very much for that, I totally agree with you on that, Im not saying Mode9 is a bad rapper, but he is very very far from the hype he seems to get, there is nothing really lyrical about a bunch of metaphors/punchlines geared either to diss some1 or over hype oneself, I don't even think he can do well in spoken word, and from what I've heard from him, he would sweat just to write good poetry,
mbulela:

i know that award exists in BET and a few other awards but i can't help thinking that award is irrelevant in the scheme of things.
why is it an exclusivity of rap music in HHWA?
why should the criteria for the rap album of the year not include lyrical content?
i see no point in giving one award for rap album of the year and giving another one for lyricist of the year to another rap album.

i may agree with both of you but can u name any other rapper in nigeria, i mean a nigerian rapper who is as good as modenine lyrically if u say he is well overrated, maybe if u can pick one out of all the nigerian rappers who are better lyrically than modenine then i will totally agree to ur shallow points, thank you and will be waiting for ur response.

well before u reply me, maybe u need to remember that greats hiphop artiste like nas,talib kweli will i am,wyclef,ll cool j ,proverb, wordsmith ,Dj premier from newyork and jay z, have all given props to modenine for his lyrical prowress, may be u both good in understanding what hiphop means than those greats.

pls remember we judging modenine on the scale of nigerian rappers, tell me any other rapper that have international recognition than modenine, pls will be waiting for ur response, thank you all
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by mbulela: 3:29am On May 30, 2009
dejiariyo:

i may agree with both of you but can u name any other rapper in nigeria, i mean a nigerian rapper who is as good as modenine lyrically if u say he is well overrated, maybe if u can pick one out of all the nigerian rappers who are better lyrically than modenine then i will totally agree to ur shallow points, thank you and will be waiting for ur response.

well before u reply me, maybe u need to remember that greats hiphop artiste like nas,talib kweli will i am,wyclef,ll cool j ,proverb, wordsmith ,Dj premier from newyork and jay z, have all given props to modenine for his lyrical prowress, may be u both good in understanding what hiphop means than those greats.

pls remember we judging modenine on the scale of nigerian rappers, tell me any other rapper that have international recognition than modenine, pls will be waiting for ur response, thank you all

so because Etcetra is the best Nigerian rock (soft rock) artiste in Nigeira, saying he is an extremely gifted rock artiste does not make him overrated??
have you ever heard the phrase 'king in the land of the blind'?
Naija rap artistes are representing no doubt.they are trying.mode might be the best lyrically (that is debatable as much as you might deny it) but i insist that his lyrical prowess is vastly over rated.
don't even start that thing about Nas, JayZ et al bigging him up.
provide the context in which does comments were made and it will be most likely proven that it was diplomatic talk.
same thing happens when football players pay respect to their oponents before matches, so as not to appear disrespectful and arrogant.
to the best of my knowledge those comments were made whn those fellas came to our shores.
they had to name one of the hip hop stars as being exceptional.they just had to.it would be disrespectful not to.
if you can prove to me that Nas was interviewed in America or during a tour of Europe and he named Mode as one of the potential next big thing in hip hop, then i will accept your argument.
the guy is okay but the lyrical ability attributed to him by his fans is vastly over rated.
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by dejiariyo: 11:25am On May 30, 2009
well, so what was ur arguement then, this is nigeria awards and we judging them by nigeria standard and u just said , have you ever heard the phrase 'king in the land of the blind'? so why the arguement again.

tell me which other nigerian rapper have met all the greats that i just mentioned, if mode wasnt that good, he wont be allowed to lace a verse on dj premier beat or u dont know who dj premier is, will help yu http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJ_Premier, check that link,go and listen to modenine last mixtape over djpremier, then u will see an interview dj premier did for hot 97 fm, in newyork where he talked about modenine and why he respected him.

[flash=450,450]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mS68x0z7go&hl=en&fs=1"[/flash]

check the above video, that is will i am, in southafrica on mtv award when he was naming his best african rappers, have u being to southafrica where they have good lyricist and they even respect this brother(modenine)hustle, its a shame pple are never respected in thier own country, shame
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by mbulela: 7:01pm On May 30, 2009
not convinced.
good night.
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by dammiecool(m): 8:39am On Jun 01, 2009
hisss
nonesense angry angry
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by chrisical(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2009
Trash
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by osasp(m): 12:13pm On Jun 02, 2009
c'mon yall
give the guy his props abeg.
we all know he is not commercially appealing but to say he's not an ill emcee? nah man
modes material to me is still light years ahead of what is coming out of naija hip hop.

M.I is trying to bridge that gap in terms of mass appeal and lyrical content but he aint as deep as 9.
im pretty sure he knows it too.

as for him being overrated and being 'the one eyed king in the land of the blind', well until a normal person comes with two eyes, lets all follow his lead abeg
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by princesa(f): 12:56pm On Jun 02, 2009
is this review for Mode9 and Lyricist category alone
or for the Awards in its totality undecided
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by javalove(m): 2:41pm On Jun 02, 2009
IF MODENINE IS NOT WINNING THIS CATEGORY FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS, THEN SOMETHING IS WRONG UNLESS SOM1 MORE LYRICAL THAN HIM IS DISCOVERED!!!!

MOST OF ALL THESE MODENINE HATERS I M SURE HAVE NOT EVEN LISTENED TO HIS TRACKS AND DEM GOME HERE DEY SPEW NONSENSE !!!

ANYWAYZ, IF U CANT LIVE WIV THE FACT THAT HE S THA BEST IN NIGERIA AND AN ICON IN THE CONTINENT OF MAMA AFRICA, I SUGGEST U GO SIX FEET UNDER!!!
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by julian21(f): 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2009
Is it true that Mode9 is never booked for shows,so he spends his time on nairaland as javalove?
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by javalove(m): 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2009
julian 21:

Is it true that Mode9 is never booked for shows,so he spends his time on nairaland as javalove?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So u fink m modenine?
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by princesa(f): 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2009
taa! who dash you wink

but the way your world revolves round him
one cant help but wonder
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by javalove(m): 6:01pm On Jun 02, 2009
princesa:

taa! who dash you wink

but the way your world revolves round him
one cant help but wonder

lol . . my world doesnt revolve around modenine . . .

my wordlrevolves around bloody haters like u grin grin
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by princesa(f): 6:11pm On Jun 02, 2009
what a bloody paranoid cynic
no hope!!! . . . . . . damn undecided
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by javalove(m): 6:48pm On Jun 02, 2009
princesa:

what a bloody paranoid cynic
no hope!!! . . . . . . damn undecided

oyinbo pepper pepper
yupu yupu pepper
LMAO!!

i have hope in everything . . and my faith alone is wnough hope for me . .
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by princesa(f): 6:56pm On Jun 02, 2009
i dont mean hope in your personal, off the screen life honey tongue

i mean what a futile cause i have enburdened to school your erring step to the narrow but refreshing road embarassed
removing the shackles now jare cheesy
you cant see beyond the tiny fragment of your boot-licking, unhelathy fawn of Mode9
and frankly i dont care cool

you win undecided
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by javalove(m): 7:01pm On Jun 02, 2009
princesa:

i dont mean hope in your personal, off the screen life honey tongue

i mean what a futile cause i have enburdened to school your erring step to the narrow but refreshing road embarassed
removing the shackles now jare cheesy
you cant see beyond the tiny fragment of your boot-licking, unhelathy fawn of Mode9
and frankly i dont care cool

you win undecided

ok cyntia . . I win
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by princesa(f): 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2009
do you mind . . . . . princesa will suffice wink

and dance the truimphant dance of a winner na
you know . . . . dance to elbow room undecided "if thats a danceable tune"
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by javalove(m): 7:10pm On Jun 02, 2009
som1 like u needs to be skooled about rap music . . . i dont dance . . i just bob my head to good lyrics
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by princesa(f): 7:15pm On Jun 02, 2009
tot as much
no wonder ur head is thin and ur body fat . . . too much calorie from less dancing undecided
u cant dance to any Mode9 tune na cry
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by javalove(m): 7:25pm On Jun 02, 2009
i dont dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get dat to ur braids infested head!!!
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by obinna5000(m): 7:40pm On Jun 02, 2009
Congratulations to all the winners of the 2009 Hip-Hop World Awards.
The biggest surprise was Et Cetera winning the Recording of the Year Award. Well, Et Cetera is a good singer no doubt.
A song does not have to be a party or dance track for people to apprecitate it.
Eminem's "Beautiful" is not a party track but people love it.

Once again, congrats to all the winners.
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by dejiariyo: 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2009
in the state where NIGERIA is today i think we need less danceable songs and songs with conscious lyrics, cos most of us dont even know what we really want in music, we just want to dance dance and dance our life away even at a rubbish song with bad lyrics but fat beats, its a terrible state.

why must everything u listen to makes u dance----ruqus
Re: Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! by princesa(f): 9:31am On Jun 04, 2009
@java and deji
wont be a suprised if you guyz are stiff with pent up emotions
how can you say dancing is such an unneccesary thing undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tribute To Uncle Tunji Oyelana At 70 (courtesy 234next.com) / Omotola's New Video :( / Dbanj Dating Genevieve , Na To Marry O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.