Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,163 members, 7,807,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People (25166 Views)

T.B Joshua Gives N4.4m To Libya Deportees This Week / T.B. Joshua Welcomed By Ecuador Military Generals (Photo) / CSO Writes Open Letter To Father Mbaka, TB Joshua, Others Over Apostle Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by Adesiji77: 6:14pm On Nov 29, 2015
The Lagos State Government has concluded plans to arraign Pastor TB Joshua and other trustees of ‎Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) won Monday, November 30, 2015, before a Lagos State High Court in Ikeja over the collapse of a six-story building in the church on September 12, 2014, which led to the death of 116 persons.

The trustees will be arraigned before Justice Lawal Akapo alongside the engineers who constructed the collapsed building.

A statement by the Deputy Director, Public Affairs of the Lagos State Ministry of Justice, Bola Akingbade, confirmed the scheduled arraignment.
It would be recalled that Justice Ibrahim Buba of the Federal High Court in Lagos had dismissed the fundamental human rights enforcement suits filed by the engineers who constructed the collapsed six-storey building to stop their planned trial.

The engineers, Oladele Ogundeji and Akinbela Fatiregun, had filed two separate suits before Justice Buba seeking an order restraining the police from inviting, arresting or prosecuting them over the victims’ death.

The Lagos State Government had set up a Coroner Inquest to unravel what went wrong, and in a verdict delivered on August 7, 2015, Magistrate Oyetade Komolafe, the Coroner, indicted the engineers and recommended them for investigation and prosecution for criminal negligence.

The church building, a guest house, collapsed in September 2014, killing 116 people, many of them South Africans who travelled to Nigeria for the church’s service in Lagos.
The inquiry sat for months and set July 8 for its ruling.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/11/t-b-joshua-others-to-be-arraigned-on-monday-over-death-of-116-persons-in-church-building-collapse/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by elkonS: 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2015
hmmm ds issue is quite sensitive...Dnt no wat 2 say.

happy sunday peeps ....wishing u a fruitful week ahead..peace

3 Likes

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by Tallesty1(m): 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2015
E don red

1 Like

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by Joejonah(m): 6:30pm On Nov 29, 2015
Touch not my anointed and do my PROPHET no harm.....
It's a natural disaster and don't think all these are necessary.

Modified.
For those quoting me for rubbish, who is being prosecuted for the destruction that happen in mecca that claimed hundreds of soul??.

How many boko haram members are being tried in court

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by damton(m): 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
There seems to be no end to his ordeal
Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
His name is emmanuel.....God wit us

14 Likes

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by bmxshop: 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
“I’m 100% in support of the coroner’s recommendation, this man must be prosecuted"

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by ketekete: 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
This is normal thing... I believe!.
Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by alex406(m): 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
I thought this case has been settled?
Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by TooNoisy(f): 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2015

1 Like

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by Badgers14: 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2015
End time arraignment grin grin

6 Likes

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by engrjosefz(m): 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2015
Ok...
Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by missKiffy(f): 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2015
Let's see how it goes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by kushma(m): 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2015
For me I Don blame tb for it. It is something that happens sometimes with no one can prevent. Well rip to the dead individuals. But I don't see them doing anything to Tb highest it is fine.

3 Likes

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by comoestas: 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2015
The last time they had one of these court dates. Tb Joshua did not show up.

Secondly, I don't see any reason why Tb should be charged with anything. Its the engineers who should be held responsible.

7 Likes

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
He should have known better...if found guilty, let them sentence him to 116 years in prison. Nobody is above the law...let them not use religion to confuse people. Jail him straight up if guilty.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by Isryl02(m): 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
shocked
Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by Alonzo4g(m): 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
Booking of space now on Nairaland is on d high side ooo grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by damisales: 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
The law is no respecter of any person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by waveskaaya(m): 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
Zoo where even pastor is above the law, he will never come to that court

1 Like

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by Aubrey1(m): 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
dem wan die. God go soon punish pple.

2 Likes

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by M4gunners: 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2015
See gobe.

1 Like

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2015

Tb joshua is my man, but i think he should face the court of law once and forall

If he is innocent, i believe God will fight for him

But if the reverse is the case... Then.

OYO OO.

They contractors and engineers will go to jail if guilty and not him.

MY guy told me it was sacrifice time.

The death rate was too much

3 Likes

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by wasco24: 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2015
End time court

2 Likes

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
shocked
Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
Few months ago, all sorts of groups came protesting the trial of this man.

Lets allow the law take its full course.

It is only when the powerful face the law that this country will begin to respect the law

4 Likes

Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by ultrazone(m): 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
Ok
Re: T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People by wachakuta(m): 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2015
Ghen ghen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"First-Fruits": Pastors Are Planning A Major Robbery In January / Why Christians Fall Into Sexual Temptations / Buhari Is Marginalising Igbos – Father Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.