Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,291 members, 7,780,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:24 PM

Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings (32869 Views)

President Buhari Cancels FEC Meeting Today / Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency / Anybody Else Noticed Absence Of Buhari's Chief Of Staff In Pics Of FEC Meetings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by wachakuta(m): 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2015
The federal executive council (FEC) meeting, which used to hold weekly since 1999, will now take place once in two weeks, TheCable can report.

President Muhammadu Buhari has decided that meeting every Wednesday is surplus to requirement, a senior government official told TheCable.

“And FEC will no longer be all about awarding contracts but a serious discussion of policy issues and appraisal of ministerial performance,” the official said.

FEC has been held just once since the appointment of ministers, with the only meeting taking place on November 11 — the day they were inaugurated.

There was no meeting on November 18, and Buhari was in Ikenne, Ogun state, for the burial of HID Awolowo on November 25.

Buhari will not be in the country on December 2 because of his international commitments.

It is still not clear when the next meeting will hold.

“The president believes once he had given you a job, you have to deliver. He was very painstaking in picking the ministers and he is convinced he has picked a very good team, so it is now left for them to deliver the goods with minimal supervision,” the official said.

“FEC meetings will now be for brainstorming on policies and performance review, not just contracts.”

In the past, decisions on such matters as purchase of cooking stoves and waste bins were discussed at FEC and announced to the world by ministers at media briefings after the meetings.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-buhari-cancels-weekly-fec-meeting#.VltCqOD68K4.twitter

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by wachakuta(m): 7:53pm On Nov 29, 2015
Waileres ur Infinite knowledge of detailed explanation on dis matter is needed thank u in advance

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Descartes: 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2015
Are you sure?
Hope it won't be denied within 24 hours.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by urbanmonk: 8:00pm On Nov 29, 2015
"At my age, there is a limit to meetings I can attend in Nigeria. But if it is international trips, I can handle them" - Buhari

Buhari gradually mystifying governance at the federal level

242 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by dikeigbo2(m): 8:03pm On Nov 29, 2015
Nice one,hence people oriented policies and projects will discussed......... Instead of those former weekly jamborees

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by resty4(m): 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2015
Not surprise, buhari has ntin 2 discus weekly. He's a failure.

177 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
Is it just me?
I'm yet to feel fashola and adeosun ooo
Those re my interests. Transport can do anyhow. My 2 walking sticks(legs) re functional

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by otokx(m): 8:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
International commitments ke? Is Buhari now Secretary General of United Nations?

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Geniro: 8:09pm On Nov 29, 2015
wachakuta:

“The president believes once he had given you a job, you have to deliver. He was very painstaking in picking the ministers and he is convinced he has picked a very good team, so it is now left for them to deliver the goods with minimal supervision,” the official said.

So selecting Amaechi, Fashola, and Fayemi was painstaking . Such a dunce.

214 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by mankan2k7(m): 8:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
Wetin concerns bubu consern meeting? Aboki will always be aboki. I hate change that was why I embraced transformation

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 29, 2015
very useless presido

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Farnsworth: 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2015
well, Buhari just doesn't care about Nigeria... A serious president, will take time to know what is going on with minister through the meeting and monitor progress of key sectors... but it seem he is much more interested in travelling...

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Built2last: 8:29pm On Nov 29, 2015
PMB is currently in France for climate change conference.

@Built2last can report exclusively that he will be visiting Nigeria for One week come wednesday 3rd December enroute mexico on the 10th of december.

He has also told me to inform you that when he said bokoharam will end in December. He meant december 31st 2015 by 11:59pm.

Abeg who dey sell the wailing form cos By 31st night, i will officially join my compatriots like Dele Momodu, cramjones, and Omojuwa who are warming up their pen to fill the wailers form.

Alas, we have been scammed again.

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 29, 2015
Buhari will not be in the country on December 2 because of his international commitments

Are we even sure this man and his globe trotting is not a covert medical trips, this man is down with serious ailment we dont know about

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by kokoA(m): 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2015
Geniro:

So selecting Amaechi, Fashola, and Fayemi was painstaking . Such a dunce.
out of 36 you mentioned only 3. E be like say na you no get sense sef. undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Geniro: 8:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
kokoA:
out of 36 you mentioned only 3. E be like say na you no get sense sef. undecided

Do you wan't me to waste my time mentioning Audu Ogbe, Ogbonnaya onu et al., No wonder you are all tagged zombies.

140 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
Great. This is the CHANGE!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by uwa1(m): 8:39pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hp he is nt creating enough time to kip traveling..... because traveling is his hobby.....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by kokoA(m): 8:41pm On Nov 29, 2015
Geniro:

Do you wan't me to waste my time mentioning Audu Ogbe, Ogbonnaya onu et al., No wonder you are all tagged zombies.
No! I want you to mention names under GEJ's govmt that can stand the current ministers. Wailer!

18 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by suxkill: 8:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
end time meeting!!!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Geniro: 8:51pm On Nov 29, 2015
kokoA:
No! I want you to mention names under GEJ's govmt that can stand the current ministers. Wailer!

You are a bonafide zombie . GEJ ministers are busy earning international accolades while those "painstakingly" selected are already been dismissed as trash.

According to English newspaper, The Economist, the minister for finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun is poorly qualified to head the position, thus won’t be able to manage the country’s economy.

http://www.theheraldng.com/finance-minister-kemi-adeosun-is-not-fit-for-the-job-the-economist/

101 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by kokoA(m): 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
Geniro:

You are a bonafide zombie . GEJ ministers are busy earning international accolades while those "painstakingly" selected are already been dismissed as trash.

http://www.theheraldng.com/finance-minister-kemi-adeosun-is-not-fit-for-the-job-the-economist/
international awards my a55. How did they touch your life positively? I'd rather support a local champion who formulate policies that affect the masses positively than a world Bank economist who only know how to favour the rich in policy making. You still ha colonial mentality in you sorry.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Geniro: 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2015
kokoA:
international awards my a55. How did they touch your life positively? I'd rather support a local champion who formulate policies that affect the masses positively than a world Bank economist who only know how to favour the rich in policy making. You still ha colonial mentality in you sorry.

Zombie go and sit your raunchy arzzz down. You are failing at your useless propaganda.

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by ibisko04: 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2015
resty4:
Not surprise, buhari has ntin 2 discus weekly. He's a failure.
What is there to discuss weekly? All the weekly discussion of previous regime did not take us anywhere.
Policy and performance discussion should be a tradition to make things easier for the government.
You don't need to sits and laugh at the waist of resources every Wednesday and say you are discussing progress.
This is part of change.

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
kokoA:
Buhari's team is lame, dumb and just like their dullard master, Vissionless.

Funny enough, Buhari is already talking about his second term even when the utu nwangene have kept nigeria in darkness, no fuel, no road, no salaries, no employment, no cash, i mean just zero point.

All the people that voted the shameless president buhari'a should appologise to Nigerians and ask for forgiveness.

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by otukpo(f): 9:42pm On Nov 29, 2015
Why won't he cancel it?

He kniws he is not ready to be in the country to attend the meetings and also give the council direction.

Besides, he may not want to be present in the meetings to expose his ignorance.

Anyhow sha, he is our president and we have accepted him anyhow it is. Atleast for the remaining three and half years.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by rusher14: 9:42pm On Nov 29, 2015
Bitter people on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by ajepako(f): 9:50pm On Nov 29, 2015
What does he have to say in the first place?

Kwarruftion? Pederal gwamment, ?

A beg he has said enough of those..

Leave the old dude alone, he is in retirement..

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by Virgindove(f): 10:26pm On Nov 29, 2015
Geniro:

Stop being abusive! What transformation did GEJ' ministers bring to this country that is praise-worthy? I think a year shouldn't be too much to give a new government before criticism.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings by engrhorla(m): 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: 5 Concerns APC Should Worry About From The Ekiti Governorship Election / I Lost My Pregnancy In Captivity – Freed Kaduna Student (photo) / Man Rescued Scared INEC Official Who Ran Into His Compound In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.