Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! (30755 Views)

A Wife's Birthday Wish List To Husband After He Asked For What She Wants / Can You Trust A Wife Like This? / See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by dav73(m): 5:33am On Dec 01, 2015
I have a friend in this situation b4 she got married just as u have said focused guy paid her skul fee she is a graduate and he is stil a hustle! But I tell u they are happy! U need to focus on the word of God and accept faith don't bother about looks! He will love u more than any handsome man will. Treat him nice its better he loves u more than u love him cos u will enjoy ur marriage. Pls begin to love God that wil also help u!

2 Likes

Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by Nobody: 5:36am On Dec 01, 2015
butanep:

Who love help? When a guy knows how to play his card, they will be the one loving you...
i concur
Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by xtervaganza(m): 5:54am On Dec 01, 2015
Don't marry him if you don't love him

Simple
Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by Nobody: 6:01am On Dec 01, 2015
kagorba3:
Right now I'm confused and frustrated at the same time still I don't wanna make lifetime mistakes.

Here is my plight...There's is a young man seriously in love with me but I'm far from liking him let alone love him yet he wouldn't stop, this his relenting spirit kinda attracted me to him but still I can't find a place in my heart to accommodate him, everything about him just irritate me, he laughs uncontrollably over my not so funny jokes, from the look of things he seems so happy and settled with me yet I'm at the opposite end, whenever we have a date I do keep an eye on my wrist watch and keep wishing time flies so fast.

But I discover he is serious and focused and sound to interact and have a meaningful convo with but his physical looks is just a big turn off, I really wanna give birth to lovely kids not some "oputu poyoyo" please y'all should not tell me to look beyond looks cos these things do come into play...I'm saying this cos my mouth no good oh, anyday we have any misunderstanding I might mistakenly yab away his future.

I have been postponing giving him a yes hoping for someone presentable to show these signs of seriousness but no way, now he has fix March for the main thing, all my thoughts now is how can I maneuver my way and make all my kids take after my beauty instead of his and it's my baby girl I'm so scared for cos most baby girls take over their dad.

Note: he's not rich oh just a struggling guy before y'all will conclude I'm into his money, the only thing is he acts different from the rest that will just act so sex starved, any focus girl wants a focused guy too but to tell y'all the truth I'm still in doubt since I don't feel a thing for him and he seem not to be bothered which I'm certain he will after the main thing.

Please to the lovely ladies that once said yes to a not so presentable guy(I mean a man with bending shaped head, undefined complexion and petit in nature angry) how is the journey so far

Physical looks is...I believe you typed and edited and seemed satisfied to post this story. But your grammar is below par and the handsome guys are not impressed. Bad grammar from ladies is a turn off to us. Everything about you irritates us!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by ModiKen(m): 6:13am On Dec 01, 2015
pet4ril:
If this guy were your brother, would you have loved someone to play with his feelings Its possible the dude wants to settle down, so i beg you in the name of whatever you believe in, stop wasting his time and wait for your mr handsome to come your way angry angry tell him to find his way for one mans poison is another mans food

U'v said it all
Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by buchilino(m): 6:15am On Dec 01, 2015
HOW ON EARTH DID DIS JUNK MAKE FP
Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by james1(m): 6:17am On Dec 01, 2015
Dearie.marriage is not childs play and its definitely not for those who are not ready.when you say you don't want your kids looking like atutu poyoyo you have made up your mind about a certain factor but look around does it occur to you that most women are pretty and their husbands just getting by in the looks department? The trait that grounds any marriage is character it survives any situation infact it gets well tuned with time just like wine.
There is also the genes factor, all your kids can turn out like you if your genes are way stronger than his.they can come taking features from both of you or looking like him if his genes are way stronger than yours.

Some of us have seen ladies who keep wanting tall, handsome, fair and rich guys for marriage some of them got their wish but the vast majority are still waiting.
If I am to advice you I did tell you to look at character,does he really love you? Does he have prospect?those are the things that only you can find out.

There are many handsome guys who got nothing but their good looks.whats the point of dating a guy who got no prospect?

If you just about looks and you got time on your side trash him, if you want to be serious and weigh the pros and cons then take a closer look, put him through the tests with a keen eye and find out more about him.
In as much as you must not marry for pity you must also apply serious brain for many girls are unrealistic in their approach to many things of life.
I do know one thing, its best to be in the drivers seat in marriage I will never be the one worrying myself to death about my wife she will be the one missing her "baby" and worried stiff that am not back home on time and all that.
Have it in mind that love grows if given the chance;there is nothing the human mind is not capable of and marrying a man who adores you takes care of 90% of your short comings.
At the end of the day its your life so do what makes you happy.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by mastermind1759(m): 6:19am On Dec 01, 2015
Have seen beautiful couples give birth to ugly children and vice versa.if u cnt luv him wait till weneva a anoda guy.I only pray u dnt later get fyn boi wif bad character
Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by Niceiroko: 6:19am On Dec 01, 2015
Tell him he is nt attracted to u n that he irritates u n i bet u he would accept it n walk away smiling n tanking God too
kagorba3:
Right now I'm confused and frustrated at the same time still I don't wanna make lifetime mistakes.

Here is my plight...There's is a young man seriously in love with me but I'm far from liking him let alone love him yet he wouldn't stop, this his relenting spirit kinda attracted me to him but still I can't find a place in my heart to accommodate him, everything about him just irritate me, he laughs uncontrollably over my not so funny jokes, from the look of things he seems so happy and settled with me yet I'm at the opposite end, whenever we have a date I do keep an eye on my wrist watch and keep wishing time flies so fast.

But I discover he is serious and focused and sound to interact and have a meaningful convo with but his physical looks is just a big turn off, I really wanna give birth to lovely kids not some "oputu poyoyo" please y'all should not tell me to look beyond looks cos these things do come into play...I'm saying this cos my mouth no good oh, anyday we have any misunderstanding I might mistakenly yab away his future.

I have been postponing giving him a yes hoping for someone presentable to show these signs of seriousness but no way, now he has fix March for the main thing, all my thoughts now is how can I maneuver my way and make all my kids take after my beauty instead of his and it's my baby girl I'm so scared for cos most baby girls take over their dad.

Note: he's not rich oh just a struggling guy before y'all will conclude I'm into his money, the only thing is he acts different from the rest that will just act so sex starved, any focus girl wants a focused guy too but to tell y'all the truth I'm still in doubt since I don't feel a thing for him and he seem not to be bothered which I'm certain he will after the main thing.

Please to the lovely ladies that once said yes to a not so presentable guy(I mean a man with bending shaped head, undefined complexion and petit in nature angry) how is the journey so far

Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 01, 2015
Oputu poyoyo!!!!!!! Rat when get bear bear?.......no be small pikin againm
kagorba3:

Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by Jalinco: 6:31am On Dec 01, 2015
Longthroat go soon kill you. You don chop him money so tay your mouth no fill say NO abi. If you no like/love am why you dey honour him date?

1 Like

Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by wendypenny: 6:33am On Dec 01, 2015
GIRLFRIEND, A QUICK WORD OF ADVICE.
1) A man that loves u more and respects u is the answer to future marital problems
2) Children of this era are naturally beautiful now

NB: I once rejected a not so handsome man that was capable, respects me and all
For a very. Handsome man that appeared to respect me. A few months after our wedding
The real movie begun. It first started like a joke, he'll tell me "u know am more beautiful than u"
He shaves and trims his brows, uses beauty products, then when I fell pregnant I got lazy
He will say am smelling, am a dirty girl that. I should be happy that fine boy like him is my husband. He will tell my baby to take after his "beauty" and not mine.

My dear it took extra work, prayers, God, total submission, love (from my side) to settle
Things in my home. But thank God everything is fine now.

PLS DON'T GO FOR JUST LOOKS. Does he love and RESPECT u, and YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO RESPECT HIM AS WELL. Stop with this childishness of saying u have a foul mouth, the only thing it will bring u is constant beating when u get married nothing more. Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by oliidell(m): 6:33am On Dec 01, 2015
Kagorba3 I don't usually jump on this kind of threads cos of the Hints, Hearts and Better Lovers people peddling fake stories but yours seems genuine.

I'm sure u know what to do. You are just looking for validation. Love starts with the eyes, so there must be a good degree of chemistry/physical attraction for any consensual relationship to work. That man might not even love you. Maybe he just wants to marry a fine girl & his attitude is likely to change after marriage.

Take my advice...SCRAM

3 Likes

Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by chronique(m): 6:37am On Dec 01, 2015
Pls don't make the mistake of marrying him out of pity. Marriage is forever and if you can't endure what he has to offer,there's no point being with him. You have the right to be happy and that means you must make a decision that comes from your heart;not one taken out of compulsion. I understand your point of view when you talk about the kind of lovely kids ou wanna have and all that. As a guy,I also take that seriously and can't imagine spending the rest of my life with a lady I'm not attracted to cos I'd never be happy being with her. I'm quite selective with ladies and of course,I'd love to blend my genes with someone who'd complement my looks. I know a lot of people will castigate us for feeling the way we feel but trust me,God knows the desires of each and everyone of us,and what makes us happy. I don't think He'd be wicked enough to force us to settle for what we don't want. I personally won't marry a lady that is not attractive to me;I can't and won't be able to cope with the union. I'd love to have lovely cute kids. When I was much younger,I used to detest kids that didn't look good to the point that I wouldn't even carry them,and used to feel irritated just by them touching me. That has changed now though,due to maturity...
kagorba3:

2 Likes

Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 01, 2015
Can 2 work together except they agree, a relationship that is not balance in love from both parties b4 marriage and even after wedding will always lead to nagging afterwards escalate to a broken marriage, now is the time to decide. note: you don't prepare in marriage you prepare for marriage, it is a continous process...
Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by BluStreak(m): 6:47am On Dec 01, 2015
oliidell:
Kagorba3 I don't usually jump on this kind of threads cos of the Hints, Hearts and Better Lovers people peddling fake stories but yours seems genuine.

I'm sure u know what to do. You are just looking for validation. Love starts with the eyes, so there must be a good degree of chemistry/physical attraction for any consensual relationship to work. That man might not even love you. Maybe he just wants to marry a fine girl & his attitude is likely to change after marriage.

Take my advice...SCRAM

Word! Someone should put this into perspective. Like a song back in the days, "Love Has No Guarantee". The guy might actually be faking it just to land this babe while making it seem like he adores the ground she walks on.

It is your right to want to have cute kids. I had this same thought process and God answered my prayers. We as guys always go for the beautiful ladies 1st before studying them to decide if they are good enough to marry or not. There is nothing wrong for a lady to desire her man have good looks which will compliment hers and translate to cute and lovely kids.

People giving instances with Tinubu and Obasonjo and the likes, do you guys have the inside scoop of what goes on in the marriage. At least we all have a snippet of Stella Obasanjo with one present senator now (though it may just have been rumours). Wealth does not equate to HAPPINESS in marriage. It only aids happiness.

Please my lady, Don't Do It. I don't mind being hated for being objective and realistic on this issue.
Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 01, 2015
Tosinex:
in kagorba3 voice "yes I am mad and even stupid".. Sorry no insult intended.. You see a pit and you want to fall into it, sorry o ok. If you don't like the guy within few minutes you are together how will you like him when he has been glued to you forever, it's just a common sense. How will you even feel when he is making love to you "kayaba" babe I told my first potential girlfriend to go because she is ugly and arrogant to me, although it cost me some consequences that extends to a good number of years but it's better than remaining in a miserable cage till death do you part.. And now am doing fine and ok...And again Women with bad mouth can easily provoke their husband into anger that will make the man beat the woman into a pulp, it seems you like that kind of life unhn if so go for it, *winks* well I don't talk my own o and the rest is in your hand.. Maybe I should paint the picture for you, like you are at home sitting and you see an ugly being with bend head coming in and you are like what kind of baboon is this that will just enter the room without knocking the door and the man is like what kind of a continuous nagging woman is this that keep running her useless mouth on me, today am going to show her that I am the head in this house, and before you know rain of beating fall on you like gbagbagbogbo gbagbigbagba and you are yeeee o ti pa mi o, lolllllll... Am sure you understand what I mean.. If you need more counsel pm

gringrin

What a bright future scenario.

1 Like

Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by spill(m): 6:51am On Dec 01, 2015
I believe in the saying that says "marry someone that will compliment you". The guy in question wishes to marry you so you can complement his looks by giving him handsome and beautiful children.
But please never marry him out of pity because he is persistent on you, because you will never enjoy the union. Imagine that there will be a goodlooking guy living close to you and your supposed husband, i bet you that you will cheat on your husband with the guy.

Another issue at hand now is some of your so called girl friends will always yab the daylight out of you as if they can never marry such guy, but out of jealousy and frustration they will always yab or mock you.

I know of a tall, endowed, beautiful lady during her university days she was one of the hottest and happening babes in school. But she married man that even her father and siblings yab her alot. At first she will always cry, but later she started defending her man to an extent that her dad congratulated her for her courage.
Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 01, 2015
spill:
I believe in the saying that says "marry someone that will compliment you". The guy in question wishes to marry you so you can complement his looks by giving him handsome and beautiful children.
But please never marry him out of pity because he is persistent on you, because you will never enjoy the union. Imagine that there will be a goodlooking guy living close to you and your supposed husband, i bet you that you will cheat on your husband with the guy.

Another issue at hand now is some of your so called girl friends will always yab the daylight out of you as if they can never marry such guy, but out of jealousy and frustration they will always yab or mock you.

I know of a tall, endowed, beautiful lady during her university days she was one of the hottest and happening babes in school. But she married man that even her father and siblings yab her alot. At first she will always cry, but later she started defending her man to an extent that her dad congratulated her for her courage.

Are you telling her to marry someone she feels irritated around? Is a wedding some sort of a magic ritual that will make her enjoy and appreciate his presence?
Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by Alphaoscar: 6:57am On Dec 01, 2015
kagorba3:

Please tell me how you managed the situation and come out of it, forget my age cos even if I was to be 35 have always choose happiness over desperation.

just call the guy or text him you are not interested in his proposal instead of all this. it will save you guys lots of psychological ish later on in life. cancel the whole thing once and for all and please learn to stop smelling what u won't like to eat.

Those trying talking you into considering him are not doing him any good as no sensible man will like to marry a woman whose head is definitely outside of the relationship.

Pls end it today and don't wait for tomorrow.
Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by Naff24(f): 7:01am On Dec 01, 2015
pet4ril:
If this guy were your brother, would you have loved someone to play with his feelings Its possible the dude wants to settle down, so i beg you in the name of whatever you believe in, stop wasting his time and wait for your mr handsome to come your way angry angry tell him to find his way for one mans poison is another mans food
Well said like your signature kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by banme(m): 7:01am On Dec 01, 2015
I have five words for you op.

You're a CRAZY SLIPPERY BI*CH!!

1 Like

Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by Naff24(f): 7:01am On Dec 01, 2015
Ladieeeeeeeeeees....Chai, we can never and ever be Contented lailai, dis one is complaining about physical appearance with nice character, while some out there will be complaining about Mr Fine boy with promiscuous attitude. May God help us all.
Mean while, I don't think people still marry out of pity. If she marries this man dat means it's really out of pity. Buh why bulging yourself with this kind confusion when u realized there is nothing in him u naturally fall for
Perhaps, he laughs uncontrollable undecided

@OP, u really need to call ur spade a spade, stop wasting his time and wait patiently for your Mr Nice guy to surface. And I wouldn't want u to come back to tell us ur Mr fine boy has a bad characters when u eventually ties d knot biko.... Look well b4 u leap, may God be ur guardian.
Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by francizy(m): 7:16am On Dec 01, 2015
kagorba3:

Evidence of you being beautiful or... lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by Vikky014(f): 7:21am On Dec 01, 2015
kagorba3:

hahahahahaha. this ur ending part eh. FAINTS
Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by Ethan015(m): 7:23am On Dec 01, 2015
If you've waited enough for a love for him to show up, then its high time u define the relationship. You should have a little to endure in marriage, that's why love has to drive it.

My sister, get focused and the right man would find you. Don't expect him to be perfect too coz u r not.

Hope this helps.
Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by JohnReese: 7:30am On Dec 01, 2015
Wen u get to 35yrs u will know how far.
Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by pet4ril(f): 7:34am On Dec 01, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Your inexperience is clouding your statement!

There are some guys who never listen! Them deaf, dem even blind to body language!
I called them the love sick guys! Na only them dey love. She's not the one wasting the guy time, nah d guy! He knows she doesnt love him, yet he's still coming around! Whose fault

her fault.. I have been in such situations countless times, how she plays the card, matters alot..... She's even still discussing with him to the extent the guy has fixed wedding in March..... Come on babes, her happiness matters alot that's why i said she should let the guy go..... There are many ways to kill a rat
Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by Fourwinds: 7:37am On Dec 01, 2015
kagorba3:

Huh? So caring, do you care for his contact? undecided
u are very selfish. y not let him go...u want to hold him down for Mr right to come and then dismissed him... People are terribly wicked in this world

1 Like

Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by kagorba3: 7:40am On Dec 01, 2015
Ballmer:
You should rather drop your own contact instead.

You want to abuse me privately abi, have seen your pm already, just say what you have to say here cry cry
Re: Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! by Revcash: 7:49am On Dec 01, 2015
Young03:
only thing I would say to u is to be focused, alredy u av made up ur mind not to marry him but due to d fact dat he keeps pressurizing u...u want to accept.

if u know he z not attracted to u,don't let him in to avoid stories dat touch but..

if age no de ur side, sista run go Marry her

note..he loves u dat anytin u do , he sees it as a good thing, dat kind of a man will never let u down...

follow ur mind sha
but babe if age is nt on your side marry D guy or x u will Regret it, handsome man is nt everything but his love 4 u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Cuts Off Own Penis In Akure, Says ‘monster’ Ordered Him / Taiye Feyisayo Adedeji Triplets 1st Birthday. Welcomed After 6 Years Of Marriage / Lady Rocks Her Bare Baby Bump, Poses With Shirts & Shoes For Her Unborn Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.