Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

"Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah (23277 Views)

Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  / Bishop Matthew Kukah Diagnoses Buhari And Nigeria / Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by Tonway(m): 7:42am On Nov 30, 2015
TolstoyFan:
The Roman-Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Matthew Kukah has said Northern Nigeria elites indirectly created terrorism as they used religion to deceive poor Muslims. Kukah made this disclosure in his keynote address at a conference organised by the Islamic Welfare Foundation at the Fountain University, Osogbo.

Speaking on the theme, ‘The Muslim agenda for Nigeria: Challenges of development and good governance’, Kukah said: “A hypocritical elite continues to believe that it can claim the benefits of democracy but use it only to consolidate its hold on power. This is what has laid the foundation for what is now Boko Haram. We must locate the current crisis of Boko Haram within the context of the inability of the northern Muslim elite to live by their own dubious creed of being Muslims. They preached Sharia Law but only for the poor. They preach a religion that encourages education, yet their own people are held in the bondage of ignorance.

“They came to power on the basis of a democratic society but they turned around and declared Sharia to generate a false consciousness among the poor that they want a theocracy. They did not wish to live by the same standards, so they decided to live their own Islam in the capitals of the world away from the prying eyes of their own people. Boko Haram began as a revolt against this mendacity, subterfuge and hypocrisy.

“Now, I hear Muslims in northern Nigeria hiding under the cover of the facts by saying: ‘These Boko Haram people are not Muslims. They do not represent us’. Well, first, they are your own children. You must take responsibility for what has made them what they are today and to the rest of society. They claim they have been inspired by the Quran and no other holy book. They say they want to build an Islamic state. So, they are Muslims. After all, from the debates of the Constituent Assemblies of 1979, 1988, and 1995 and beyond, did their fathers and grandfathers not stage walkouts, demanding Sharia Law? Was it not to tame them that President Ibrahim Babangida declared what he called ‘no-go areas’ in the debates about our constitution?

“The promise to institute Sharia has become the most potent tool for political mobilisation and organisation. Till date, the tactics may have changed, but the essence has not. Rather than face the tough questions of how and why over 15 million children in the northern states are on the streets; how and why the northern states are falling behind on almost every index of development, the northern Muslim elite continues to live for just the moment, with no plans for tomorrow.

“Should we pretend that a society that allows the forced marriages of its young daughters could frown on the idea of a group kidnapping and forcing young girls into sexual slavery? Islam must have an honest look at the mirror and have an internal discussion. Although we all seem to pretend that Boko Haram has caught us unawares, the worst thing is that we continue to hide our heads in the sands of self-deception by further denying the roots of this ugly side of our humanity.

“That Boko Haram, its disciples and victims are localised to northern Nigeria, should be instructive. What this calls for is an honest review of the root causes. We need to ask what it is about the past or the present that has led us to this ugly and deadly path. It is my considered view that northern Islam has to confront the realities of taking its religion into the modern world of democracy seriously. Muslims in northern Nigeria cannot accept democracy and reject the inclusive nature of its philosophy as it is the case today.”

http://dawntodusknews.com/blame-northern-nigerian-muslim-elites-for-boko-haram-bishop-matthew-kukah/

How many Nigerians, including even those in power with security protection can say the truth like this ?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by M4gunners: 7:55am On Nov 30, 2015
God bless you sir.They have donated their Children again yesterday to Shekau.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by yhemsy62(m): 7:55am On Nov 30, 2015
ZZ22:
... Yes you didnt do so because boko haram began with bombing of churches and percieved domain of the southerners but you guys didnt realise it will go a long way more than that and i remember GEJ calling on your elders to condemn this kind of acts earlier before it escalates but they were reluctant thus buhari saying a fight against terror is a fight against his people..imagine.. Honestly i dont pity the cold hearted northeners because you guys brought this on yourself
is it because dey were bombing churches dat keeps dem silence? I guess u r wrong because dos Christians dey were killing are innocent, they did nothing to deserve such

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by Software202(m): 7:55am On Nov 30, 2015
Ok
Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by NinaArsenal(f): 7:57am On Nov 30, 2015
You r right sir, tell them o

1 Like

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by dazdilijae(m): 8:00am On Nov 30, 2015
Bitter truth

2 Likes

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by NinaArsenal(f): 8:01am On Nov 30, 2015
ObiOkpor:
Naked truth. Let them not come for your head,because they are good in that.
No weapon formed against the children of the most shall prosper. Angel michael sword go just begin they slice them 1 by 1.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 30, 2015
The time for blame was over since 2010. Now is the time to come together and create a solution.
Nigerians love to either sit down and throw blames or fold their hands in prayer rather than moving to action.

1 Like

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by Sasuwa(f): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2015
u too?, why everybody is blaming, blames everywhere. Pmb blamining gej, apc blaming pdp, nnpc blaming oil marketers etc, why?
Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by Dottore: 8:10am On Nov 30, 2015
ndcide:
We've seen how some people go scientific about bokoharam, some of the will tell you there were no tools to fight, just for partisan reasons. We all know that it was a religious / political fight against the man in power.

What did the former president not do?, is it almajiri schools, federal University, funding, state of emergency in a affected areas, meetings with northern elders, proposal of amnesty? Meeting with leaders of neighbouring countries, assistance from the international community? Name it...

Like I said God will be the one to judge this matter.
I insist he didn't do enough. If he had strengthened the security forces on crack intelligence gathering, the sponsors of the evil group would have been unearthed. Then follow up with dare devil arrests, aggresive media campaigns against the perpertrators, prosecutions and confistication of properties. The existence of BH would have been history by now. He rather chose a soft coward approach that ended up showcasing him as a clueless chicken hearted clown

1 Like

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by joseph1832(m): 8:10am On Nov 30, 2015
yhemsy62:
I only accept d fault because we Muslims did not campaign against dis group in d beginning rather we keep mute. Not until now that they have gone beyond what one even imagine
[size=45pt]AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE[/size]

12 Likes

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by obinnashady(m): 8:11am On Nov 30, 2015
Where are those terrorists,they should come and comment..even their hijab counterparts are welcome..BOKO people

1 Like

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by chesterlee(m): 8:12am On Nov 30, 2015
This is the bitter and unclad truth from Bishop Kukah

No wonder he commands much respect over there in the north, he says it as it is.

Muslim elites are the reason Boko Haram escalated to this irredeemable height.

"An attack against Boko Haram, is an attack against the North"
Buhari is a prime target!!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by clefstone(m): 8:12am On Nov 30, 2015
yhemsy62:
I only accept d fault because we Muslims did not campaign against dis group in d beginning rather we keep mute. Not until now that they have gone beyond what one even imagine
because in d beginning they mostly targeted churches you kept mute

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by eleko1: 8:15am On Nov 30, 2015
Pray Boko rams nor wipe/bomb them all b4 dey realised their foolery. sad

1 Like

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by GreatEngineer(m): 8:15am On Nov 30, 2015
Such an upper cut! Muslim Leaders over to you guys.

3 Likes

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by enigstil(m): 8:15am On Nov 30, 2015
Did u take your time to read through that article, please read with an objective mind, he did not in any way say Islam is evil.
mensdept:
Way to go sir, instead of the mumbo jumbo of Yoruba "Prophets", this guy tells it as it is. ISLAM is EVIL, especially for BLACK AFRICA

2 Likes

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by Remii(m): 8:16am On Nov 30, 2015
I agree with him,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by ziccoit: 8:16am On Nov 30, 2015
This is one is starting another war of words.
Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by clefstone(m): 8:16am On Nov 30, 2015
ObiOkpor:
Naked truth. Let them not come for your head,because they are good in that.
lol @''ulclad'' truth

3 Likes

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by Owliver(m): 8:18am On Nov 30, 2015
the kind of hate they teach children from small ehn its alarming. a little kid oh 5yrs old would have known what a kafir means. islam is something else

i just hope someone will not go switch the radicalized button of yoruba muslims.

i dont believe in singing kumbaya while someone cuts my head off oh. afterall the kingdom of God suffered violence and with violence it won.

just like central african republic.... Lets all burn

16 Likes

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by bonechamberlain(m): 8:18am On Nov 30, 2015
this is exactly the truth and nothing but the truth.

2 Likes

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by Autino(m): 8:22am On Nov 30, 2015
My brother only God can vindicate us from the hands of people who hate any word that represent truth we the notherners. In the north if you comit any kind of crime and shout alau_hakubar you are a Muslim brother so you are covered especially if it concerns non Muslim

1 Like

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by Louislewis: 8:23am On Nov 30, 2015
[size=18]Thanks to Kukah for the simple truth that came out from your voice. Whether they like it or not, you have hit the nail at the head. GEJ did everything to curb this menace, from creating almajiri schools, federal University, funding, state of emergency in a affected areas, meetings with northern elders, proposal of amnesty, Meeting with leaders of neighboring countries, assistance from the international community, purchasing of military equipment to mention but few, what did he get at last? Frustration from the northern elite, including the so called elderstatemen from the north, frustration from the so called, then opposition party APC with Buhari and Lai as spokesmen that never see any good in GEJ fight against Boko haram. As we speak today, those soldiers court martialed, dismissed, sentence to death, by GEJ administration have been set free and returned back to service. What kind of lip service fight is this government putting up as a fight against this insurgency? An end to this menace is not visible if we need to tell ourselves the truth. [/size]

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by Blizzy9ja: 8:24am On Nov 30, 2015
Anticabal:
Funny northerners, they don't drink alcohol but they guzzle codein like say tommorow no dey.
grin Very funny and stupid

3 Likes

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by Louislewis: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2015
[size=18]Thanks to Kukah for the simple truth that came out from your voice. Whether they like it or not, you have hit the nail at the head. GEJ did everything to curb this menace, from creating almajiri schools, federal University, funding, state of emergency in a affected areas, meetings with northern elders, proposal of amnesty, Meeting with leaders of neighboring countries, assistance from the international community, purchasing of military equipment to mention but few, what did he get at last? Frustration from the northern elite, including the so called elderstatemen from the north, frustration from the so called, then opposition party APC with Buhari and Lai as spokesmen that never see any good in GEJ fight against Boko haram.As we speak today, those soldiers court martialed, dismissed, sentence to death, by GEJ administration have been set free and returned back to service. What kind of lip service fight is this government putting up as a fight against this insurgency? An end to this menace is not visible if we need to tell ourselves the truth [/size]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by roxell120(m): 8:26am On Nov 30, 2015
ANYONE WHO HOLDS CONTRARY OPINION TO THIS MANS VIEW IS EITHER U ARE A BOKO HARAM HIMSELF OR THEIR SYMPATHIZER

10 Likes

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by Escapevelocity(m): 8:28am On Nov 30, 2015
THE TRUTH IS THAT BOKO HARAM DID NOT HIJACK ISLAM!,THEY SIMPLY TOOK IT SERIOUS!
A RELIGION OF PEACE THAT LEAVES PEOPLE IN PIECES.....JUST VISIT MITCHIKA,SAMBISA,ETC AND SEE HOW A RELIGION TURNED A ONCE ELEGANT TOWN TO HALF CHOPPED PIZZA
EVEN IF OUR POLITICAL LEADERS WHO BY REASON OF CHEAP AND SHAM POLITICS CANNOT RISE AGAINST A RELIGION OF DECEIT WE THE ORDINARY(EXTRA-) CHRISTAINS WILL AND MUST.....
*Removes toothpick from enigurl hair and removes suya remnant *drops mic nd walk down the stage

8 Likes

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by cowboyvs(m): 8:30am On Nov 30, 2015
Wow, quite apt and well said . I must say I am greatly impressed. This is first time I am hearing the simple truth about this issue of terrorism. Obama will tell us Muslims are not terrorist just to sound politically correct. I call on all lovers of peace and progress all over the world to unite and annihilate this growing monster called Islamist Extremism before it brings us to our knees and that action starts with me and you. God Bless his Holiness Kukah, God bless Nigeria, God bless the World. #NoToIslamistExtremism

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Osinbajo chartered private chopper for Kabba trip – Investigation / Osinbajo's Problematic Ambition - The Cable / I’m Not Behind Documentary On Jonathan, Patience And Alison-madueke — Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.