Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

"Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah (23279 Views)

Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  / Bishop Matthew Kukah Diagnoses Buhari And Nigeria / Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by cbjonstage(m): 12:32pm On Nov 30, 2015
obailala:
What is variant about what I explained?

...and please learn to write in normal english or pidgin english.
I meant his views on politics seems to b inconsistent/conflicting. if he is related to u kindly caution him. afterall, Jesus has charged his like minds to feed His flock
Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by charlesucheh(m): 12:35pm On Nov 30, 2015
If it had come from a priest serving in the west, Eastern or southern part of the country, I would have said he's bluffing!!
But coming from Bishop hassan kukah whom I had once seen during a Cathedraticum service in Birinin Kebbi, I can assure you that he's spilling out nothing but the truth. For them having the guts and heart to stay in the North amidst projected dangers, shows they're really enthusiastic with the work of GOD and I feel they should be accorded more support and respect by the Catholic communities in Nigeria and beyond....Nice Deductive reasoning from the bishop.

4 Likes

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by meccuno: 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2015
tplacid:

I can understand If he says northenr elite created boko haram directly or indirectly.

But it's not acceptable if he says bh are Muslims and its quite simple.

Being a Muslim means you submit to the will of Allah and not that of man, hence it follows that you should not kill any innocent soul, 'he that kills a man is like he has killed the whole of humanity, he that saves a man is like he has saved the whole of humanity - Qu'ran

I can't convince anybody that Islam is a peaceful religion, but it's everyone's responsibility to differentiente between what's good and what's bad.

Adolf hitler killed millions of people I don't see anyone calling Christianity a terrorist religion.

Millions of people died during the slave trade that was carried out by British and American But we Muslims no Jesus doesn't stand for oppression

Lastly, most of these clerics that condemn the actions of terrorist that hide under the umbrella of religion never condemn the obvious terrorist act of Israel against Palestinians...it's so bad that most Christian display the flag of Israel on cars, in their house just to show surpport for a nation that invaded another nation unlawfully.

If you condemn BH, ISIS etc you support you Israel then know that someday the world will end and trust me the true one God will judge you accordingly.

Libya, Palentian, Iraq, Afghanistan and so many other Muslims countries and unstable because of the actions of terrorist yet people still think Muslims are terrorist

How can you be the killer and the victim at the same time.

I just hate when people are too sentimental.
adolph hitler never fought a single war because of religion......he was a white supremacist.......israel were living in the land of israel for many centuries. So I wonder what you meant by the israelis invading their own land........if you actually equate the atrocities of ISIS,Boko Haram with the state of israel then its obvious you are a concentrated muslim and you are obviously ignorant about who a terrorist is and what a legitimate country is composed of......I have many muslims friends who are northerners and many of them speak the way you have just written.....the difference between those arab countries and the North is that they have oil, and they don't operate democracy.....islam is a problem to those who they have cause untold hardship to through death of relatives through suicide attacks......if a christian commits the act of terrorism in the name of jesus, then he would be labelled as such......a terrorist.....the only known group who I can recollect that fought for christianity are the crusaders.........please,if u actually love your religion, you don't defend it when its so glaring Þhat it has messed up so many countries......thanks

6 Likes

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by vislabraye(m): 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2015
royal231:
Bishop.. hmm

Not only the northern elites.... it's all the northerners including you....

History of boko haram... they started with the Igbos. ... what did you do or say then .... nothing

What did other northerners say or do then... absolutely nothing

Until they went to the church..... ... deep down in the elites mind... they were happy Because the church was growing....

Now people no gree go church again for north

Dem face them selves...

Oga shey na now your eyes open...

You seem to forget that the Igbos suffered more in the hands of bokoharam

Not sharia or whatever is the cause.. it started with pure hatred and envy...

And all northerners .. I repeat all northerners envy and hate the Igbos

What you see today is just a spill over effect...

Blood calls for more blood irrespective of the tribe and religion..

My one cent

Ibos, part of boko haram I don't think so. Boko Haram is completely Islamuc.

1 Like

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by bamite(m): 12:54pm On Nov 30, 2015
peppyluv02:
Where are the nairaland muslim terrorists? undecided
Be very careful, i can find you if i want to. angry
Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by sabi99(m): 1:04pm On Nov 30, 2015
yhemsy62:
I only accept d fault because we Muslims did not campaign against dis group in d beginning rather we keep mute. Not until now that they have gone beyond what one even imagine
u need 2 be handshaked bro , now I believe there are good muslims out there n will keep on believing that, u r a good muslim bro

1 Like

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by sabi99(m): 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
BekeeBuAgbara:
The fearless Bishop Kukah always says it the way it is.
am so glad it came from a catholic bishop

1 Like

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by sabi99(m): 1:13pm On Nov 30, 2015
Eziogwu na afu ufu na nti.....and anybody who will bring out his/her phone to counter d bishops statement negatively, d persons phone will continue to trip off oooooooooo till tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by mu2sa2: 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2015
lomprico:

The christian. Children dint go about burning mosques n killing muslims bcause dey are uneducated. Kukah is 110% right!
All the mosques that were destroyed and countless Muslims killed in southern kaduna was the handiwork of who? Christians killed innocent Muslims and destroyed mosques the same way Muslims killed innocent Christians and destroyed churches in the madness of those days. That people like u and Bishop Kukah choose to be one-sided is obvious.
Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by Sulaimon01(m): 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2015
yhemsy62:
I only accept d fault because we Muslims did not campaign against dis group in d beginning rather we keep mute. Not until now that they have gone beyond what one even imagine

I swear you are not a Muslim, you only wrote that for the sake of cheap "Likes" . How else could we have campaigned against them? Leave our job and go and start preaching to them? when the then administration could have stopped it with just a battalion of soldiers!
Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by lomprico(m): 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2015
mu2sa2:
All the mosques that were destroyed and countless Muslims killed in southern kaduna was the handiwork of who? Christians killed innocent Muslims and destroyed mosques the same way Muslims killed innocent Christians and destroyed churches in the madness of those days. That people like u and Bishop Kukah choose to be one-sided is obvious.
When was that n what was the cause?

3 Likes

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by MightySparrow: 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2015
The doctrine of AL Taqqya (Holy lies) holds in Islam. Muslims find it convenient to deceive for any selfish reason to have their way. Even Mohammad (SAW) lied to his followers that he went to heaven whereas he passed the night with Umm Hani.

In the word of Bob Marley, '.....you can fool some of the people. some of the time not all the people all the time'
WE are waiting and watching for the time the Boko Haram will swallow up the north; then, other parts of Nigeria will be forced to defend their territories then we will know' There was a Country'

1 Like

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by kokakoka: 6:22pm On Nov 30, 2015
adconline:
Best speech ever!!
Arewa Consultative Forum stood aloof when the aggrieved Northern Elites were creating the Frankenstein monster, Boko Haram to bring Jonathan down. Yes, they won the war. Psychologically they fill fulfilled. But this monster has no reverse gear. What they are seeing now is a child's play. Frankenstein will consume them.

1 Like

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by arabianights: 6:22pm On Nov 30, 2015
yhemsy62:

it is politically motivated and yes we have some elites behind thisbut not for religious purposes.Boko haram but yet how many universities and schools have been burnt? Just homes, killings,rapes, etc
Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by arabianights: 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2015
MightySparrow:
The doctrine of AL Taqqya (Holy lies) holds in Islam. Muslims find it convenient to deceive for any selfish reason to have their way. Even Mohammad (SAW) lied to his followers that he went to heaven whereas he passed the night with Umm Hani.

In the word of Bob Marley, '.....you can fool some of the people. some of the time not all the people all the time'
WE are waiting and watching for the time the Boko Haram will swallow up the north; then, other parts of Nigeria will be forced to defend their territories then we will know' There was a Country'

woe unto you.Remember today's date
Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by tarano: 6:27pm On Nov 30, 2015
Well the political shariah just energized "Latent radicals" in the population. politicians should stop playing with religion and ethnicity.
Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by ObiOkpor(m): 6:50pm On Nov 30, 2015
clefstone:
lol @''ulclad'' truth
Bros,na so naw.
Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by ObiOkpor(m): 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
NinaArsenal:
No weapon formed against the children of the most shall prosper. Angel michael sword go just begin they slice them 1 by 1.
I pray o
Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by ArcIbrahim38(m): 7:03pm On Nov 30, 2015
Yeah you are right but what I want you to understand is if you are in my shoes how will you feel when your brothers and sisters are massacred everyday and instead of fellow victims to pity you your religion is been blamed

I am a Muslim and I am not a terrorist I don't advocate for it in all its ramifications I don't support BH Al Qaeda or any terrorist group...

Less than 0.1% of the World Muslims are terrorist but all Muslims are been portrayed as terrorist does that make sense to you....
And by portraying all Muslims as terrorist is adding fame to terrorism activities.....the majority of muslim whom do not advocate for terrorism are been abandoned as we face threat to our lives from the terrorists from inside and from the outside we are been generalised as terrorist........

In Nigeria many muslim clerics denounced their activities but they were killed one after the other to the extent where many opt to mute in order to save their lives
Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by ArcIbrahim38(m): 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2015
dualsurvey:
Here they come! Why cant u see things in the right direction for once? Must u take everything religiously?

Yeah you are right but what I want you to understand is if you are in my shoes how will you feel when your brothers and sisters are massacred everyday and instead of fellow victims to pity you your religion is been blamed

I am a Muslim and I am not a terrorist I don't advocate for it in all its ramifications I don't support BH Al Qaeda or any terrorist group...

Less than 0.1% of the World Muslims are terrorist but all Muslims are been portrayed as terrorist does that make sense to you....
And by portraying all Muslims as terrorist is adding fame to terrorism activities.....the majority of muslim whom do not advocate for terrorism are been abandoned as we face threat to our lives from the terrorists from inside and from the outside we are been generalised as terrorist........

In Nigeria many muslim clerics denounced their activities but they were killed one after the other to the extent where many opt to mute in order to save their lives
Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by ArcIbrahim38(m): 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2015
emmywhite01:

The is because Paul doesn't use his religion as d basis of him committing d crime but Ibrahim will always use his religion as d basis for his crime

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by ArcIbrahim38(m): 7:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
arcnomec:

Fellow colleague,this kind of post is what has made boko haram menace degenerated to what it is now...Stop reasoning like this,rather see the salient truth in the words of the bishop.

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by ArcIbrahim38(m): 7:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
Setaje:

You are a dunce. When Paul commits a crime does he shout in jesus name let me behead u. Does he shout hallelujah or kumbaya! I no your type. U are a terrorist. You people will eat your flesh and drink your own blood. People kill everyday. If a man who is a christian kills doesn't mean he kills in the name of jesus. He did not carry a cross, bible or Koran. So where is the comparison. If I were wiv u, I would have given you a dirty slap. Dunce!

1 Like

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by ArcIbrahim38(m): 7:06pm On Nov 30, 2015
loomy:

This is not islamophobia though it may look so.
I remember trying to talk to a Muslim kid and receiving insults from the mother, she even promised to pour dirt water on me, why the violence? I guess Mohammed passed it down to y'all.

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by arcnomec(m): 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2015
ArcIbrahim38:

Fellow,every religion has it own ugly side,so yours is not just in it alone........But the reason why it seems as if people are against your religion from their own stand of view ,is the ideology attached to it........Yourba's Muslim ideology is quite different from the Hausa's Muslim ......But yet same Islam.....Even in Hobbesian state of nature ,man's evil is not of this magnitude....

1 Like

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by omonnakoda: 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2015
It is not enough for Muslims to deny being terrorists. Before I continue,I am not a Christian.
There is a serious problem with Islam or the way Muslims interpret their religion in any country where Muslims are a majority or believe they are majority.
Muslims believe that non-Muslims should be taxed and treated differently from Muslims e.g in Zamfara state Christians from that state are discriminated against in terms of Bursary,Land to bury their dead or build churches.
Muslims insist on a way of life that other people simply cannot understand e.g child marriages keeping women covered and several other anti-women practices. Many Muslims celebrated 9-11 privately and many hope that one day Nigeria will become fully compliant. There are many middle class Muslims today who send their children to Sudan,Egypt ,etc to learn Arabic instead of enrolling them to study Maths and Science. The long and short of it is Muslims take their religion to a level which makes it difficult if not impossible to live with them in harmony. The only time you can live in harmony with Muslims is when they are in minority otherwise they strive to impose their will on everyone. Who has forgotten what happened with the Miss World Pageant in Calabar? Yet they continue to protest it is a religion of peace. Please tell yourselves the bitter truth.Islam is a religion of extremism,violence and intolerance.
Is there ANY other religion responsible for the violence we have seen in the last 10 years?

Islam needs to modernize and move with the times? You cannot continue stoning and beheading and wrapping women up and marrying children and claiming that is the way to God. That is just barbarism

Once upon a time Christianity was equally as primitive but has changed and adopted to modern living while Islam and Muslims continue to wallow in ignorance.
A simple example should suffice here. The lunar cycles are an unreliable way of measuring time especially years. The earth moves around the sun in 365 1/4 days a phenomenon not accounted for in lunar cycles. This is clearly an error of ignorance. in the Islamic doctrine.God does not make errors!! Will Muslims correct themselves on this point? Never! A backward and barbaric religion.

4 Likes

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by sinbad130: 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2015
[quote author=EddyNumerouno post=40535337]Dude, how does this man wear pants? I mean his balls must be. Fuc*ing large

The truth is dat we all know Islam is the reason why the north remains under developed, a cancer that has continued to place Nigeria on some very undignified list (illiteracy index, cholera, poverty, vvf, etc).

I believe you are wrong 2 blame Islam 4 under development of a certain place.... I also believe Islam is greatly practiced in DUBAI.
Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by JohnReese: 8:35pm On Nov 30, 2015
Even till now, how have u campaigned against it?
yhemsy62:

1 Like

Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by JohnReese: 8:43pm On Nov 30, 2015
Don't mind dem! Islam is a religion of peace, No! bokoharam members are not muslims, Allah said we shld give birth to as many children as possible, our daughters must wear hijab to primary and secondary skools, even in nysc camp, Dos ones must even cover dere eyes like ninja. We don't take alcohol but we can get high on codeine, cocaine and d rest, our children must go to islamic skool first to cram a big book dat dey don't even know wot dey are craming. I can go on and on. The biggest pretenders I ve ever seen are Muslims. Dey practice sharia but na dem carry women pass
Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by achiphet(m): 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2015
nwaanambra1:
[size=15pt]what am abt to say may sound stvpid now but its the hard truth:

THIS SAME PROBLEM IS BEGINNING TO REAR ITS UGLY HEAD IN THE EAST!

THE IGBO LEADERS ARE TOWING THE SAME SELFISH, SELF-CENTERED AND WICKED ROUTE LIKE THEIR NORTHERN COUNTERPART THAT BROUGHT THEM BOKO HARAM PROBLEM

THE IGBO LEADERS ARE BECOMING SO SELF-CENTERED AND WICKED! THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE WELFARE OF IGBO YOUTHS!

THIS NONCHALANT ATTITUDE OF IGBO LEADERS IS THE REASON WHY IGBO YOUTHS ARE UNDER SERIOUS PRESSURE TO SURVIVE EITHER BY HOOK OR BY CROOK WITHOUT ANY HELP FROM BOTH LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL GOVERNMENT! THE IGBO YOUTHS ARE BECOMING FRUSTRATED AND FEELING LEFT OUT!

THE IGBO YOUTHS ARE RUDDERLESS NOW AND ANYBODY CAN LEAD THEM TO DESTRUCTION HENCE THE MASSIVE SUPPORT FOR NNAMDI KANU STVPID QUEST FOR BIAFRA!

IGBO LEADERS SHOULD WAKE UP NOW BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!
[/size]

Where did you school? You just too intelligent. If nothing is done about this then we may see an igboharam soon!!!!
Re: "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
omonnakoda:
It is not enough for Muslims to deny being terrorists. Before I continue,I am not a Christian.
There is a serious problem with Islam or the way Muslims interpret their religion in any country where Muslims are a majority or believe they are majority.
Muslims believe that non-Muslims should be taxed and treated differently from Muslims e.g in Zamfara state Christians from that state are discriminated against in terms of Bursary,Land to bury their dead or build churches.
Muslims insist on a way of life that other people simply cannot understand e.g child marriages keeping women covered and several other anti-women practices. Many Muslims celebrated 9-11 privately and many hope that one day Nigeria will become fully compliant. There are many middle class Muslims today who send their children to Sudan,Egypt ,etc to learn Arabic instead of enrolling them to study Maths and Science. The long and short of it is Muslims take their religion to a level which makes it difficult if not impossible to live with them in harmony. The only time you can live in harmony with Muslims is when they are in minority otherwise they strive to impose their will on everyone. Who has forgotten what happened with the Miss World Pageant in Calabar? Yet they continue to protest it is a religion of peace. Please tell yourselves the bitter truth.Islam is a religion of extremism,violence and intolerance.
The problem with ISLAM and moslem is that they refuse to accept that their religion is backward and need sanitization and upgrading, how can a religion promote child mariages, young girls at the age 9, the men will start to damage their V and many will end up with VVF;IF you ask them why, they will tell you that their religion supported that even their prophet muhammed marry a 9 year old girl,a religion that cage woman like a masqurade, preaches hatred against other religion openly, men marrying 4 wives at the same time and divorces them at their wishes,a religion that see other members of other religion as infidels.
Is there ANY other religion responsible for the violence we have seen in the last 10 years?

Islam needs to modernize and move with the times? You cannot continue stoning and beheading and wrapping women up and marrying children and claiming that is the way to God. That is just barbarism

Once upon a time Christianity was equally as primitive but has changed and adopted to modern living while Islam and Muslims continue to wallow in ignorance.
A simple example should suffice here. The lunar cycles are an unreliable way of measuring time especially years. The earth moves around the sun in 365 1/4 days a phenomenon not account for in lunar cycles. This is clearly an error of ignorance. in the Islamic doctrine.God does not make errors!! Will Muslims correct themselves on this point? Never! A backward and barbaric religion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Vote Of No Confidence: Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts, Blasts APC Chairman / El-Rufai Rocks PMB Customised Cap (Photos) / Emir Of Kano, Aminu Bayero Under Probe Over ₦1.3 Billion Land Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.