Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin (21344 Views)

Those Stars Who Bleach Their Skin(is White The New Black?) / Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) / Wizkid Vs Olamide Who Bleach Pass? (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by michele101: 5:01pm On May 27, 2009
name nigerian celebrities who bleach
1. omotola
2. rita dominic/ use a little cream
3.tonto/ use a little cream
and alot lot more

help name some
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by mohawkchic(f): 5:40pm On May 27, 2009
~Wud it be right to say all the names you just mentioned are all Naturally fair in complexion . . . .so if anything,i wud like to think they wud use creams that even out skin tone or make their skin tone radiant!!

~It's possible they use Ligthening creams to achieve this,Some White ~Asians use Lightening products too!

Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by michele101: 5:46pm On May 27, 2009
yea kindof
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by oneluvb55(f): 6:50pm On May 27, 2009
na una sabi dat one
as for me, omotola and rita are naturally fair, same with tonto but not that sure.
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by dani1luv: 6:59pm On May 27, 2009
Who says Omosexy bleaches? angry angry angry
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by michele101: 8:14pm On May 27, 2009
nah look at omotola wen she was little
go to her website
tonto and rita use a little cream to tone up
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by YankeeZulu: 2:07am On May 28, 2009
I believe it all goes under the euphemism "toning", not bleaching. Anyway, the above-named do seem to have assisted nature with their own personal boost - aint no harm unless they start tapping from the Wacko Jacko syndrome. lipsrsealed
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by tpiah: 7:08am On May 28, 2009
michele101:

nah look at omotola wen she was little
go to her website
tonto and rita use a little cream to tone up

she's still a bit light in that picture. The overall lighting is what's making her look darker.

If you noticed, she has her dad's face and skin tone. He also seems somehow light in a way.

However, most people use creams for an even skin sheen, so you do have a point.

I'm trying to see what she got from her mother- maybe the cheekbones?
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by Afam4eva(m): 10:40am On May 28, 2009
AYO ADESANYA

Since she moved from the English to the yoruba movie industry she's been thought the act of bleaching.
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by Afam4eva(m): 10:41am On May 28, 2009
Omotola bleaches jare.
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by Nobody: 10:43am On May 28, 2009
Don't know why some people just come out with blatant statements like this without proper evidence, not saying they aren't, neither am I saying they are, I have no proof.

Sometimes, it could be the lighting, or even the foundation they are wearing etc, we don't know.

Stop stating as though it is FACT.
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by biola44: 10:56am On May 28, 2009
ibkaye:

Don't know why some people just come out with blatant statements like this without proper evidence, not saying they aren't, neither am I saying they are, I have no proof.

Sometimes, it could be the lighting, or even the foundation they are wearing etc, we don't know.

tell them
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 28, 2009
Rita bleaches, Omotola bleaches, Tonto bleaches, Jennifer something does it, That Chinye girl also bleaches.

Even Ashley Nwosu bleaches.
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by Ben13: 2:31pm On May 28, 2009
These names mentioned do not bleach their skin.

they only apply cream to their skin daily, which is natural and everyone does it.
It just depends on the quality of the ones they use and the time period at which they're exposed to sunlight.

Period!
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 28, 2009
Rita dominic

Before and now

Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by Ben13: 2:36pm On May 28, 2009
no much difference though. . . . but money works.
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by ifyalways(f): 2:37pm On May 28, 2009
ibkaye:

lol.
u said it all.Its suprising most peeps judge complexion with pixs which we all know can be altered by make up,light effects etc.
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 28, 2009
when I find others' pics I'll post them.
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by Ben13: 2:44pm On May 28, 2009
You still don't beleive photographers add colours and brightness to pics.

I still don't beleive the trash, cos these guys are just like everyother person in the cream usage community wink
If they bleached, everyone would know without any doubt. It'll show completely.
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by tpiah: 2:51pm On May 28, 2009
though if you live overseas and especially in the US its not uncommon for people to turn paler in winter then darken a bit in summer.

less vs more sunlight.
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by Ifygurl: 10:49pm On May 28, 2009
Actually rita bleaches. 
i used to think she was natural till i watched this movied Obessed.  She was in it along with Ramsey and Dakore. 
The picture is little but if any of you guys watch the movie you'll know what i'm talking about.  The girl in the picture other than darkore is rita domnic.  She looks a MILLION times better darkskin than light. 
But she bleaches, she just really really good at it. 
Other than rita, the rest of the girls are naturally.  Tonto may bleach a little but she's naturally lightskin, so is omotola.  Rita on the other hand isn't.

Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by chiogo(f): 11:39pm On May 28, 2009
Hmm, interesting. Y'all live with them, that's why you'd know. Abeg.

@Ifygurl, I'm sure you saw what you saw but ever thought she probably looked darker due to the picture quality of the movie? I mean we all know Nigerian movies do not have the best picture qualities ever. All the movies I've seen Rita in, she was light skinned and those were long time ago, stopped watching naija movies a while ago. omotola too. I don't know about Tonto, she's a new actress, can't tell but she seems naturally light-skinned.
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by uzwu: 2:46pm On May 30, 2009
All dem celebrity bleach abeg. Even Tonto too
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by Ben13: 10:49am On Jun 01, 2009
I still insist they don't bleach. . . they only maintain their skin.
just like every other celebs all over the world.
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by londoner: 1:49pm On Jun 01, 2009
I dont think Rita or Tonto bleach their skin, they are naturally light.

On the other hand, I have seen Omo T in a movie where you can see the tell tale signs on the hands, you know the two tone bleach marks?

The other two girls I think are naturally that light, but their skin tone may change in different lighting.

Rita

[img]http://1.bp..com/_GyBBrLdrkz8/STeCinfFcWI/AAAAAAAAAh0/nihV2g_49tE/s320/1.jpg[/img]
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by londoner: 2:00pm On Jun 01, 2009
, Tonto

I think the lighting (lack of good lighting) and terrible makeup artsists in Nigerian films and photo shoots is what is responsible for the varying skin tones we see on screen.
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by SeXyBoNE: 5:06pm On Jun 01, 2009
michelin89:

Rita bleaches, Omotola bleaches, Tonto bleaches, Jennifer something does it, That Chinye girl also bleaches.

Even Ashley Nwosu bleaches.

EVEN ASHLEY COLE SELF DEY BLEACH

Na Picture dey deceive una, cameras differrent, na the quality of the picture make there face be one kain, Ibo made camera and Original tear rubber Oyinbo own dey being out more beauty

NA SO E BE
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 03, 2009
Why is it difficult for some people to understand that some individuals are born light-skinned, others dark-skinned? Rita Dominic is a yellow-coloured woman, just like Mona-Lisa Chinda and Sophia Chikere. It is in their genetic make-up, i.e. their skin tone may have been passed down from generation to generation. In many instances one will also observe the same skin tones when you see their Papa, Mama, Grand mama or Grand papa, etc. It is all natural, and they, just like dark-skinned girls are under the obligation to tone and maintain their skin tones. Perhaps this 'maintenance' is what people call 'bleaching'.

However, having said that, it is easy to spot a "bleacher" even without seeing her prior complexion. You can tell a bleached face when you look at it. Nobody had to tell me that Benita Nzeribe and Camilla Mberekpe (Nollywood actresses) have bleached their faces! I sympathize with their dermatologists. They have a huge task ahead of them.

1. Many women are NATURALLY dark-skinned - FACT.
2. Many women are NATURALLY chocolate-skinned - FACT.
3. Many women are NATURALLY fair/light-skinned - FACT.
4. Many women in the above 3 categories tone and maintain their skin tones - FACT.
5. Some women (who fall under 1 & 2), in the process of acquiring the No. 3 look, bleach [/b]their faces - FACT.
6. However, the No. 5 procedure [b]terribly backfires
in ALL the women who try to acquire the No. 3 look - FACT.
7. As a result, haters of No. 3 find reason to diss the No. 3 complexion using the No. 6 excuse - FACT.
8. That is actually why this thread was created, by somebody who is probably in the No. 1 category - FACT.
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by tpiah: 2:37pm On Jun 03, 2009
Why is it difficult for some people to understand that some individuals are born light-skinned

correction:

95% or more of black/African babies are born light skinned (and straight haired for that matter)

Their skin then darkens to different extents as they grow older.
Re: Celebrities Who Bleach Their Skin by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 03, 2009
tpiah:

correction:

95% or more of black/African babies are born light skinned (and straight haired for that matter)

Their skin then darkens to different extents as they grow older.

I get you. What I meant was, why is it so difficult for people to understand that some people, to quote you, do not darken as they grow older. They kinda maintain the 'colour' that they were born with into adulthood.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uche Ebere Agu Celebrates 47th Birthday Today / Diamond Platnumz Buys A House For Hamisa Mobetto, His Baby Mama / Shatta Michy: "Shatta Wale Pulled A Gun On Me For More Than 3 Times"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.