Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,889 members, 7,798,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill (16369 Views)

Sheriff & Kashamu's Followers Decamp From PDP To Mega Party Of Nigeria (Photos) / El-Rufai At Later Rain Assembly Church. Pictured With Pastor Tunde Bakare / I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by Bobby4090: 8:45am On Nov 30, 2015
Tinubu singlehandedly fought PDP to a standstill – Pastor Bakare

Pastor Tunde Bakare, founder of the Latter Rain Assembly has credited former Lagos state governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, of singlehandedly fighting the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the Southwest of Nigeria.

Bakare who is renowned for his stance on Nigerian politicians was asked by TheNEWS why he attacked Tinubu during a Sunday Service at his church.

Read interview below:

Q: When we look at the campaign of PMB, we saw Asiwaju Tinubu as his backbone, he played a leading role in the emergence of Buhari as President. Recently in the church, I heard I wasn’t there, that you attacked Jonathan and Tinubu and when I look at your comment on Tinubu, I see that you always attack him, I want to ask, why?

A: Well, you told me you were not there, hearsay evidence are not feasible in court. Since you were not there, I would have asked you to go listen to the tape and come back because sometimes what looks like an attack is truth. Why would I attack Asiwaju? Talking of politics, he has paid his dues. People were not there when I preached the message and that really celebrated Tinubu. That he single handedly fought the PDP to a standstill in the southwest. I sent him the tape. Do you understand me? Again this is our society, the moment you focus on issues, they reduce it to personalities. May I ask you the question maybe that would throw light on areas that you call criticisms by those who do not know the difference between critique and a negative comment. Shall I pray for you that your children will not be greater than you? Will you say amen to that. So if God has used you to facilitate the emergence of someone who now performs better than you, shouldn’t you be happy.

My mother is a happy woman, she didn’t go to school but she sent me. And today she is at peace with herself that she has worked hard and worked well and I give her the honour. You may never meet my mother but you have met the letter she has written to the world. It not a letter written with ink and pen. Do you understand me. I don’t have any problem with Asiwaju. On 3rd of November 2014 I was in Asiwaju’s house and I said to him ‘Asiwaju, there are only four things left that I am pursuing in this world, and none of them is in your hands, my mother is 106, her prayer is that I should survive her and give her a befitting burial. Asiwaju, can you guarantee my being alive to do that?’ he said he can’t. No 2: ‘Asiwaju, I want to stay in health while waiting to give my mother a befitting burial, can any human being guarantee that?’ Nobody. I have five children by the grace of God, I want them to be greater than I am, and I don’t want them to go before me, ‘can you guarantee that?’

And finally I said I want to make heaven at the end, and to hear, ‘good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of the Lord your God’ can you guarantee that? he can’t. So why the basis of competition, what I am looking for is not in your hand. Am not looking for power, I am not looking for position, I am not looking for appointment. Can’t you understand that? I have never done contract in my life. So there is no basis for attacking Asiwaju except in the figment of the imagination of some people. But something touched me, and when matters are brought to me, I look at some of them, I take them all, sometimes I don’t bother myself because you must not fight every battle and lose the world.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/tinubu-singlehandedly-fought-pdp-to-a-standstill-pastor-bakare/

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by mekd: 8:47am On Nov 30, 2015
I quite agree with you sir

15 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by MKO4ever(m): 8:47am On Nov 30, 2015
And he is still fighting in Kogi state right now

5 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by Mlaide(m): 8:48am On Nov 30, 2015
JAGABAN....... Nigeria is lucky to have this man #LAIDENEWS

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by ekenetheorg(m): 8:52am On Nov 30, 2015
Someone will just comment "End Time posts..." Below me, that's the trend on Nairaland these days

5 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by greatproducts: 8:52am On Nov 30, 2015
How so? Bakare should please focus only on the Word of God and leave these politicians.

https://www.nairaland.com/2698179/superbass-tennis-design-bluetooth-speaker

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by efilefun(m): 8:53am On Nov 30, 2015
Pa chukwudi won't agree ooo, he believes Jargaban Borgu (Tinubu) is a failure. Attacks the man at any given opportunity like the man impregnated all his sisters and rejected the pregnancy.

Just watch as some people will start calling him different unprintable names

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by Bobby4090: 8:53am On Nov 30, 2015
All hail the Jagaban of Nigerian politics. I doff my hat Sir!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 8:53am On Nov 30, 2015
very true!!!

The Lion of Bourdillion

The Jagaban of Borgu

The National Leader of APC

The Afobaje 1 of South West Nigeria

The Slayer of PDP

Jonathan's Nightmare

Obasanjo's Headache

Ijanilaya 1 of Nigerian Politics

Ogbologbo 1 of Lagos State

Abeg add your own grin

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 30, 2015
Really... Pls post pics of how Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by kay29000(m): 8:54am On Nov 30, 2015
That's very true. Eventhough Tinunbu is not a saint, you can't overlook what he did to PDP. I guess you need a monster to fight another monster.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by DONSMITH123(m): 8:55am On Nov 30, 2015
I agreed with you 100% and he'll still be the one to kill APC with his selfish interest.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by coldsummer: 8:55am On Nov 30, 2015
we know.

But truth be told, when we all clamour for the change that was brought to us, it was with the kind of visible development that was going on in Lagos during Fashola that was brought by Tinubu. But this one that promised to hit the ground running, hit the ground and started flying abroad when there is work to be done here.

seriously, we still have not direction, nothing is being said to make investors know the direction of our economy.

please Tinubu, fight this to a standstill since that is your forte

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by Rawani: 8:55am On Nov 30, 2015
Our grand-children will be grateful to this man for kicking out the corruption and impunity-laden cancer called the PDP, into the dustbin of our national history.

This was a party that arrogantly boasted it would rule for 60 years uninterrupted, when it thought its perfected rigging machinery would outlast Professor Jega and Sir PVC.

Take a bow Jagaban, the undisputed Jonathan slayer, and unprecedented undertaker of the PDP.

28 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 30, 2015
Tunde Bakare still dey naija?

The first pastor Baba Bubu wanted to use to scam us.

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by braine(m): 8:55am On Nov 30, 2015
Yes He did.

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by LatestTrend: 8:56am On Nov 30, 2015
grin
Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by boss1310(m): 8:56am On Nov 30, 2015
Yea but with whose funds was he able to fight them cos it takes a lot more than words to fight a huge organization like PDP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by bigtt76(f): 8:56am On Nov 30, 2015
Ki ni eleyi so biyee shocked
Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by veraponpo(m): 8:56am On Nov 30, 2015
That is very true.

He is the first man in Nigeria to lead opposition to the mainstream.

He needs to work more now that they are in power

4 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by iambabaG: 8:56am On Nov 30, 2015
TF is up wit dis so called "men of God"..
Can't dey critise d actions of d government nd quit going after personalities?!
It is obvious dat most of dem av been involved in some shady deals dat make dem lack d courage 2 speak out!
How will TINUBU affect our lives..he holds no office 2 do so!!
Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 30, 2015
Mtcheew.....Is he David the son of Jesse?
Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 30, 2015
Pastor politics, say something new sir like the quagmire in Kogi. We are tired of all these Stale news
Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by Damalex4luv(m): 8:57am On Nov 30, 2015
Jagaban is the strongest politician in the whole of Africa. Quote me anywhere
Wailers and Biafra won't wanna see this! They'll murder Tunde in cold blood if they could get a grasp of him grin grin grin

Note: The person below me is one of them haters tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by biafranqueen: 8:57am On Nov 30, 2015
So when he was runing for VP in 2011 with Buhari is that not the biggest contract or Power a person can seek?
Tinubu rejected him this year, thats why he even open mouth.
Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by ThisMeansWAR: 8:57am On Nov 30, 2015
I always like tinde Bakare's position on issues

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by Abugab(m): 8:57am On Nov 30, 2015
As truthful as always but people always see him in a bad light.
If menn of God who are sheperds leads in truth their flock will be saved but we have too many bad shepherds in the land who have led many astray.

Keep speaking the truth Pastor Bakare.

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by Sanuzi(m): 8:58am On Nov 30, 2015
Jagaban of Lagos.
Re: Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill by chesterlee(m): 8:58am On Nov 30, 2015
This man should face his church business and leave politics for politicians

SMH!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Stops Police From Arresting Ademola Adeleke Over Exam Malpractice / How NHIS Squandered Over N6.8 Billion On Illegal Allowances – Audit Report / If Jonathan Could Sack Oduah After Public Outcry, Why Can't Buhari Fire Pantami?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.