Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Kashamu: CJN Asks Appeal Court President To Probe Ogun Election Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashamu: CJN Asks Appeal Court President To Probe Ogun Election Tribunal (416 Views)

Wale Oladipo Writes Appeal Court President Over Ondo Election / Wike Asks Appeal Court To Set Aside Tribunal’s Judgment Nullifying His Election / Appeal Court President Arrests Judgement In Saraki's Case. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kashamu: CJN Asks Appeal Court President To Probe Ogun Election Tribunal by SUCONANA(m): 1:04pm On Nov 30, 2015
The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Mahmud Mohammed, has directed the Appeal Court President Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa to investigate the conduct of the Ogun State National Assembly Elections Petition Tribunal under the chairmanship of Justice Ebiowei Tobi.

This was contained in a letter dated November 19, 2015 with reference number NJC/ETD /B60/S.1/X1/955 by the Chief Justice to the Appeal Court president

This follows a petition written by the senator representing Ogun East at the National Assembly, Prince Buruji Kashamu, alleging miscarriage of justice in the case instituted against his election by Mr. Dapo Abiodun, the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate in the March 28, 2015 National assembly election.

The CJN writes in the letter, “I forward herewith a petition dated 29th October, 2015 by Senator Buruji Kashamu against the Ogun State National Assembly Elections Petitions Tribunal under the chairmanship of Hon. Justice Ebiowei Tobi for your necessary actions, please.”

In the petition, Senator Kashamu had said, “Upon receiving the certified true copy of the judgment after it was delivered, I found, to my utmost surprise, that the tribunal members ignored the facts of the case before them and descended into the arena.

“A careful perusal of the judgment vis-à-vis the pleadings of the petitioners showed that 91 out of the 110 polling units that the tribunal nullified were not even pleaded by the petitioners let alone evidence being led to them!

“Upon a study of the judgment, I discovered that the tribunal in a desperate attempt to assist the APC cancelled the result of 110 polling units many of which were not part of the polling units challenged by APC. Had the APC complained about these polling units in their petition, my lawyers would have been in a position to provide evidence in respect of those polling units.

“I was shocked because I am aware that the tribunal has no power to cancel polling units, which were not challenged in the petition before it.

“I was however more shocked when I discovered that the entries that the tribunal used in the judgment as the basis for its decision that there were irregularities and discrepancy in the scores of the parties in the INEC FORMS EC8A (II) and EC8B (II) did not emanate from the result sheets and voters registers submitted to the tribunal in evidence.”

Senator Kashamu, who expressed his confidence in the anti-corruption stance of the CJN, said he wrote to lodge the complaint about the conduct of the members of the tribunal and to request that the CJN use his good offices to carry out a thorough investigation of the matter and to ensure that anyone found culpable was prosecuted.

Re: Kashamu: CJN Asks Appeal Court President To Probe Ogun Election Tribunal by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked
Re: Kashamu: CJN Asks Appeal Court President To Probe Ogun Election Tribunal by cktheluckyman: 1:11pm On Nov 30, 2015
Hmmm can you imagine!!!I think the same thing should be done to the foolish Judge who adjudicated over the Taraba gubernatorial case
Re: Kashamu: CJN Asks Appeal Court President To Probe Ogun Election Tribunal by neolboy(m): 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2015
Seasons of probe
Re: Kashamu: CJN Asks Appeal Court President To Probe Ogun Election Tribunal by Philistine(m): 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2015
Kashamu the drug baron is seeking for justice.

(1) (Reply)

Arase Warns And Orders The Arrest Of Protesting Ipob Members / FG To Re-introduce Tolls To Raise Funds For Road Infrastructure – Fashola / The Dumpest Political Comment Of 2015!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.