Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival (1263 Views)

Dino Melaye Recall, Dead On Arrival - Senate / Photos Of President Buhari On Arrival At The Kaduna Airport / You Are Still A Dictator -PDP Tells Buhari ….APC Anti-Corruption Crusade, A Sham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by jasperkrekre(m): 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2015
Recently, I have taken my time to carefully read about and also watch videos of the agitators of the Biafra movement especially one of their renowned leader, Mr Nnamdi Kanu. It will be a case of dishonesty, falsehood and falsification if I negate the fact that Nnamdi Kanu is one of the most intelligent Biafrans I’ve ever listened to and also read about. Though regarding him as being intelligent is relative and personal. The way and manner at which he answers question on why he wants Biafra’s secession out of Nigeria is exceptional and perspicacious. One of the traits I admire in Nnamdi Kanu’s is the way he believed in himself and the movement he is spearheading. I remember one of his statements “One thing has to happen, it is either we have Biafra or we all die”. Such statement come only from a leader that is ready to achieve whatever aim (Good or Bad) and ready to face the consequences that comes with it. As much as I venerate his style and view, he uttered with certitude a particular statement that I think is too myopic and imprudent for his status. He said “the former vice president; Atiku Abubakar, former head of states; Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida and President Muhammad Buhari are the three Nigerians that consciously found Bokoharam”. I am disappointed that such avowal came from him without concrete evidence (s) to proof it. Biafra is made up of four major tribes namely; the Ibos, the Ibibio-Efiks, the Ijaws and Ogojas. Other minor tribes includes; the Idomas, the Itsekiris, Urhobos and some part of Igala. According to Nnamdi Kanu, he said “Biafra simply means Come and join”, So tribe can simply decide to join the movement. My recent interaction with some people from the Southeastern part of Nigeria (which make up large % of the Biafra nation) point to what I refer to as Fictive belief. They believe they have been marginalized by Nigeria since independence. This and many other are the reasons why they want political and economic viability. They are extremely bitter about the structure of Nigeria. They believe that the Nigeria structure is skewed against them in politics, education and in the provision of infrastructure. They share the sentiment that the purpose of the amalgamation of North and South were designed to cheat the South especially the Ibos. And the question is how? A careful reflection on Nigeria since 1960 shows that out of the twelve senate presidents that Nigeria have produced since independence till date, seven of them are Ibos, they are: Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe (1960-1960), Dr. Nwafor Orizu (1960-1966), Chief Ameh Ebute (1993-1993), Dr Chuba Okadigbo (1999-2000), Chief Pius Anyim (2000-2003), Chief Adolphus Wabara (2003-2005) and Dr. Ken Nnamani (2005-2007). Likewise, they have produced two of the nine Speakers of the federal house of representatives (chief Jaja Nwachukwu and Dr Edwin Ume Ezeoke), the west have produced only two too (Oladimeji Bankole and Patricia Etteh). The Ibos should also remember that they’ve produced three of the twelve chairmen of Nigeria’s Electoral Umpire Bodies (now INEC). They include: Professor Eme Awa (Abia state), Humphrey Nwosu (Anambra state) and Maurice Iwu (Imo state). The Ibos have enjoyed been a member of the federal executive councils since 1960. I was not born then but I was there in history. When Dr Nnamdi Azikwe was the Governor General, four Ibos were made ministers and they are: Chief Jaja Wachukwu (Foreign Affairs), Chief Aja Nwachukwu (Education), Chief Raymond Njoku (Transport), and Dr. Kingsley Ozumba Mbadiwe (Commerce). The Yorubas also had four ministers and the North had only two. Let’s come down to the most recent administrations. During Olusegun Obasanajo’s regime, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was the Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Finance, Pius Anyim was the senate president, Godwin Emefiele was the CBN Governor, and also Charles Soludo another Ibo man was the CBN governor. Late Prof. Dora Akunliyi was the DG of NAFDAC. Under president Jonathan’s regime Ibos occupy juicy and strategic positions Ibos headed NBC, PENCOM, FERMA, NERDC, NEXIM, NUC, NTDC to mention a few. We all remembered Okonjo Iweala as Finance minister, Anyim Pius Anyim as the Secretary to the federal government of the federation, the two beautiful women in Goodluck Jonathan’s Cabinet; Alinson Madueke (Petroleum minister) and Princess Stella Oduah (Minster of Aviation). And now the so called “baba go-slow” has many Ibos at the helm of affairs. Chris Ngige (Labour and employment) and Ogbonaya Onu (Science and Technology) to mention a few. So the Barney by the Biafra agitators that they have been marginalized since independence is a big myth and delusion. If they actually want to secede from Nigeria, they should provide reasonable reasons and not mere fallacy of “we have been marginalized”. Little did they know that the Era of sheepish followership is gradually fading away in this part of the world? Everybody now have access to history. Another thing I observed about these Biafra agitators is a pronounced power-hunger disease. Some of them are just hungry for power; they desire power at all cost. They want secession at all cost. I wonder why people don’t learn from past/ previous mistakes. Most at times, the common remedy for secession is war. So they are advocating for the replay of the tragic occurrence of 1967-1969. Myself as a student of History, I’ve read a lot about the Nigeria - Biafra war. I have also seen some documentaries on it and honestly it was a tragic and horrible incident that I will never support or pray to happen again. Secession in U.S. history which led to the withdrawal of 11 slave states (states in which slaveholding was legal) from the Union during 1860–61 following the election of Abraham Lincoln as president. Secession precipitated the American Civil War. The fact remains that most of these Biafrans fail to understand that there is big difference between WAR and RIOT. The reason why Biafra portent is going to be a failed attempt are numerously numerous. I still don’t believe how they want to actualize this movement without the intervention and support of the political heads/leaders in the region. Chairman of the APC Governors’ Forum, Rochas Okorocha, said the reported violent protests in some states capitals including those of Rivers, Anambra and Delta, in the name of Biafra, do not in any way have the support or blessing of governors and leaders of the South-east geo- political zone either directly or indirectly. So the South-east governors have disassociated themselves from protests by Members of the Movement for the Actualization of Biafra (MASSOB). The Senators and House of rep members from this region are not in support of MASSOB. Larger percentage of the traditional rulers from this region are against this movement. Even the late Biafra Leader Chief Ojukwu said “it will be foolish of anyone to go to another war in the name of Biafra”. So why the unnecessary agitation and Barney. Issue like these are never won in isolation. It has to be a collective and consensus agreement. Another obvious fact is that the Ibos that I know love their lives and businesses so much. You can’t expect an Ibo man that has businesses all over the states of the federation to abandon his investments all in the name of a movement that is bound to fail. Ibos are very intelligent, an Ibo can fabricate anything. They are extremely bright and smart. Obviously, the Ibos that went for the 1million match for Biafra are the jobless ones. I advise all the agitators of Biafra to divert their energy, reasoning, intellectuality and political strength to the betterment of the region and the country at large. Honestly we’ve gone too far for us to break up at this stage. Nigeria is a marriage of over 50years, a marriage that has produced many children. We are the giant of Africa, let’s learn to forget about our past and focus on the present and future. The unity of Nigeria is not negotiable. Nigeria shall be great again. Long live federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by Abatsam111(m): 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2015
Oh lord, let your will be done.
Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by kingzizzy: 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2015
What is it with these Nigerians and war when it comes to the issue of Biafra? We Biafran agitators want a referendum in the SE/SS or the lower Niger so everyone can for once in their life decide if they are Nigerian or not, a privilege that Lugard never accorded our forefathers before he bastardised them with the name "Nigerians". This same referendum was conducted by Britain, that created Nigeria, just last year.

Nigeria is a forced union of ethnicities and that is why there will never be peace. You can't get happiness from the enslavement of others. None of us would be Nigerians if the British thief called Lugard had not come West Africa.

It is time for us to go and find our own countries. Nigeria is a scam

Godbless Biafra!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by kingzizzy: 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2015
The unity of Nigeria is not negotiable? The unity we all agreed to or the one that Lugard fraudulently foisted on us? How do you Nigerians really think a white man can come from Europe to give your country? How is this possible? It is for us indigenous Africans to find our individual countries instead of living the dream of Lord Lugard called Nigeria. Everyone should go and find their country and where they belong! Nigeria is a British invented fraud!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by Domaro: 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2015
hnmm
Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by obailala(m): 2:36pm On Nov 30, 2015
kingzizzy:
What is it with these Nigerians and war when it comes to the issue of Biafra? We Biafran agitators want a referendum in the SE/SS or the lower Niger so everyone can for once in their life decide if they are Nigerian or not, a privilege that Lugard never accorded our forefathers before he bastardised them with the name "Nigerians". This same referendum was conducted by Britain, that created Nigeria, just last year.

Nigeria is a forced union of ethnicities and that is why there will never be peace. You can't get happiness from the enslavement of others. None of us would be Nigerians if the British thief called Lugard had not come West Africa.

It is time for us to go and find our own countries. Nigeria is a scam

Godbless Biafra!
Do you know the reason why everyone is scared of war whenever Biafra is mentioned?... It's because Nnamdi Kanu was right when he said no nation achieves separation peacefully. A lot of pro-secessionists naively or should I say 'ignorantly' point to the referendum of Scotland, Republic of Ireland, Catalonia and even South Sudan. What most of these people do not appreciate is the fact that these nations have fought bloody wars for very long; Scotland has been fighting for independence for centuries (they still havent got it), South Sudan fought for theirs in a 22year long civil war, the Republic of Ireland fought for theirs for decades (go and read about the IRA), even in Spain, you should go read about the Basque separatist group. No nation achieves independence peacefully, so if we must fight another bloody war, we must ask ourselves what we are really fighting for, if that is really our biggest problem and if the cost of the fight will be commensurate with whatever benefit we stand to gain.

Nnamdi Kanu was also right when he said if Biafra lost over 2million souls in 1967-1970, that Igbos should be ready to lose up to 8million souls this time around if another war breaks out. No sensible Igbo man is ready to do that especially when there is currently no extenuating factor (such as the pogrom of 1967) fuelling a separation besides the fact that we made some wrong political decisions and lost a lot of political relevance from the last election. No sensible Igbo man or woman is ready to sacrifice the trillions upon trillions which Igbos own and control across Nigeria all because we are angry that GEJ lost an election. There is a reason Ojukwu formed the party called APGA instead of IPOB before he passed.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by benELOHIM7(m): 3:16pm On Nov 30, 2015
A sage once said "madness is doing one thing over and over again, expecting a different result". Mr Op, you concluded by saying nigeria shall be great again, let me tell you: we are tired of that mantra!

Its glaring to the naked eyes that the northerners are not ready to leave the sit of power any time soon. Personally, I wouldnt have had a hitch with that if they could manage the country well. We cant just sit and watch some idiots experiment over a matter as important as nigeria, that is why we are opting out.

Do not decieve yourself o op. The signs are all over your literature that we are not one.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by kingzizzy: 3:41pm On Nov 30, 2015
obailala:
Do you know the reason why everyone is scared of war whenever Biafra is mentioned?... It's because Nnamdi Kanu was right when he said no nation achieves separation peacefully. A lot of pro-secessionists naively or should I say 'ignorantly' point to the referendum of Scotland, Republic of Ireland, Catalonia and even South Sudan. What most of these people do not appreciate is the fact that these nations have fought bloody wars for very long; Scotland has been fighting for independence for centuries (they still havent got it), South Sudan fought for theirs in a 22year long civil war, the Republic of Ireland fought for theirs for decades (go and read about the IRA), even in Spain, you should go read about the Basque separatist group. No nation achieves independence peacefully, so if we must fight another bloody war, we must ask ourselves what we are really fighting for, if that is really our biggest problem and if the cost of the fight will be commensurate with whatever benefit we stand to gain.

Nnamdi Kanu was also right when he said if Biafra lost over 2million souls in 1967-1970, that Igbos should be ready to lose up to 8million souls this time around if another war breaks out. No sensible Igbo man is ready to do that especially when there is currently no extenuating factor (such as the pogrom of 1967) fuelling a separation besides the fact that we made some wrong political decisions and lost a lot of political relevance from the last election. No sensible Igbo man or woman is ready to sacrifice the trillions upon trillions which Igbos own and control across Nigeria all because we are angry that GEJ lost an election. There is a reason Ojukwu formed the party called APGA instead of IPOB before he passed.

[b] I think you are being deliberately evasive as well being misleading. This write up of yours can only be taken serious by someone who thinks small. The major fact to keep in mind here is that Nigeria is a colonial contruct where the indigenous people in west Africa had their sovereignty stripped from them and bamboozled into a union without their permission. This makes Nigeria an illegal entity. It is not possible to lend credibility to an act of illegality. That is why the proponents of 'one Nigeria' will never win the argument against Biafrans or a referendum. You can never have 'unity based on fraud', you can only have 'unity based on consent'. Scotland may have fought with Britain but that was like 400 years ago. We are talking about today, in the 21st century not 400 years ago or 20 years ago as the case with Sudan. Why would anyone advocate war over referendum if they claim to be civilised? As an Igbo man who wants an independent Homeland of Biafra for my people, why should I be fighting with a Yoruba or Hausa man for my right to my sovereingty? Because Lugard came to tell us we are all Nigerians? Isn't that laughable to you?

So what are we fighting for? That is the wrong question. The right question is why Nigerians are prepared to fight and kill millions to maintain the dream of Lugard? When we were not together, we didn't kill each other . But Lugard came, now we are prepared to kill each other. Why?

As a Biafran, I would never force anybody into Biafra against their will but Nigeria will force everyone into it wether they like it or not. If the Yoruba man tells me he is seceding as Odua Republic, I will be happy for him. If the Hausa man tells me he will form Arewa Republic tomorrow, I will ask him if it is not possible for him to form it today. But when I as an Igbo mentions Biafra, everybody talks about war! You have to go and ask your country Nigeria why it has chosen the path of war like they did in 1967 when they came down to the East to start a shooting game. If Nigeria has to maintain its unity at the cost of killing millions of people, then you have to admit that in addition to Nigeria being a fraud it is also evil entity. Most civilised countries would 'move mountains' to safeguard the life of one of its citizens but Niferia will kill millions to safeguard its territory that has no integrity. It doesn't matter if Biafrans are agitating because GEJ lost or because it didn't snow in Sokoto yesterday, the bottom line is that if people don't want to be with you, then you have no business being with them. As for investments that Biafrans will lose, no amount of investment is greater than freedom.

The problem here is not Biafra, the problem here is the white mans invention called Nigeria.

[/b]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by Ikengawo: 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2015
jasperkrekre:
[s]please, give me a plate of rice, I have no money but i'll s8ck d8ck.[/s]

shh
Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by redsun(m): 4:14pm On Nov 30, 2015
Igbos don't really need to violently fight for the actualisation of Biafra. All they need doing is focus attention on building and sanitising the south east, instead of setting up economically in the south west or north east,they should channel everything down east and if others wants to deal with them,they shoulud come calling.

Sanitise the leadership by making sure no thief holds a public office, which could be done in different ways,democratically or covertly. You have to fight the enemy within before fighting the one outside.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by loopman: 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2015
Who ever advises the Ibos not to secede is a fool.
Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by loopman: 4:40pm On Nov 30, 2015
kingzizzy:

I think you are being deliberately evasive as well being misleading. This write up of yours can only be taken serious by someone who thinks small. The major fact to keep in mind here is that Nigeria is a colonial contruct where the indigenous people in west Africa had their sovereignty stripped from them and bamboozled into a union without their permission. This makes Nigeria an illegal entity. It is not possible to lend credibility to an act of illegality. That is why the proponents of 'one Nigeria' will never win the argument against Biafrans or a referendum. You can never have 'unity based on fraud', you can only have 'unity based on consent'. Scotland may have fought with Britain but that was like 400 years ago. We are talking about today, in the 21st century not 400 years ago or 20 years ago as the case with Sudan. Why would anyone advocate war over referendum if they claim to be civilised? As an Igbo man who wants an independent Homeland of Biafra for my people, why should I be fighting with a Yoruba or Hausa man for my right to my sovereingty? Because Lugard came to tell us we are all Nigerians? Isn't that laughable to you?

So what are we fighting for? That is the wrong question. The right question is why Nigerians are prepared to fight and kill millions to maintain the dream of Lugard? When we were not together, we didn't kill each other . But Lugard came, now we are prepared to kill each other. Why?

As a Biafran, I would never force anybody into Biafra against their will but Nigeria will force everyone into it wether they like it or not. If the Yoruba man tells me he is seceding as Odua Republic, I will be happy for him. If the Hausa man tells me he will form Arewa Republic tomorrow, I will ask him if it is not possible for him to form it today. But when I as an Igbo mentions Biafra, everybody talks about war! You have to go and ask your country Nigeria why it has chosen the path of war like they did in 1967 when they came down to the East to start a shooting game. If Nigeria has to maintain its unity at the cost of killing millions of people, then you have to admit that in addition to Nigeria being a fraud it is also evil entity. Most civilised countries would 'move mountains' to safeguard the life of one of its citizens but Niferia will kill millions to safeguard its territory that has no integrity. It doesn't matter if Biafrans are agitating because GEJ lost or because it didn't snow in Sokoto yesterday, the bottom line is that if people don't want to be with you, then you have no business being with them. As for investments that Biafrans will lose, no amount of investment is greater than freedom.

The problem here is not Biafra, the problem here is the white mans invention called Nigeria.

You guys are simply bad election losers.
At what point did you realize all that you spew above?
Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by drmikeadams(m): 4:44pm On Nov 30, 2015
jasperkrekre:
Recently, I have taken my time to carefully read
about and also watch videos of the agitators of
the Biafra movement especially one of their
renowned leader, Mr Nnamdi Kanu. It will be a
case of dishonesty, falsehood and falsification if I
negate the fact that Nnamdi Kanu is one of the
most intelligent Biafrans I’ve ever listened to and
also read about. Though regarding him as being
intelligent is relative and personal. The way and
manner at which he answers question on why he
wants Biafra’s secession out of Nigeria is
exceptional and perspicacious. One of the traits I
admire in Nnamdi Kanu’s is the way he believed
in himself and the movement he is spearheading.
I remember one of his statements “One thing has
to happen, it is either we have Biafra or we all
die”. Such statement come only from a leader
that is ready to achieve whatever aim (Good or
Bad) and ready to face the consequences that
comes with it.
As much as I venerate his style and view, he
uttered with certitude a particular statement that
I think is too myopic and imprudent for his
status. He said “the former vice president; Atiku
Abubakar, former head of states; Ibrahim
Badamosi Babangida and President Muhammad
Buhari are the three Nigerians that consciously
found Bokoharam”. I am disappointed that such
avowal came from him without concrete evidence
(s) to proof it.
Biafra is made up of four major tribes namely;
the Ibos, the Ibibio-Efiks, the Ijaws and Ogojas.
Other minor tribes includes; the Idomas, the
Itsekiris, Urhobos and some part of Igala.
According to Nnamdi Kanu, he said “Biafra simply
means Come and join”, So tribe can simply decide
to join the movement. My recent interaction with
some people from the Southeastern part of
Nigeria (which make up large % of the Biafra
nation) point to what I refer to as Fictive belief.
They believe they have been marginalized by
Nigeria since independence. This and many other
are the reasons why they want political and
economic viability. They are extremely bitter
about the structure of Nigeria. They believe that
the Nigeria structure is skewed against them in
politics, education and in the provision of
infrastructure. They share the sentiment that the
purpose of the amalgamation of North and South
were designed to cheat the South especially the
Ibos. And the question is how? A careful
reflection on Nigeria since 1960 shows that out of
the twelve senate presidents that Nigeria have
produced since independence till date, seven of
them are Ibos, they are: Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe
(1960-1960), Dr. Nwafor Orizu (1960-1966), Chief
Ameh Ebute (1993-1993), Dr Chuba Okadigbo
(1999-2000), Chief Pius Anyim (2000-2003), Chief
Adolphus Wabara (2003-2005) and Dr. Ken
Nnamani (2005-2007). Likewise, they have
produced two of the nine Speakers of the federal
house of representatives (chief Jaja Nwachukwu
and Dr Edwin Ume Ezeoke), the west have
produced only two too (Oladimeji Bankole and
Patricia Etteh).
The Ibos should also remember that they’ve
produced three of the twelve chairmen of
Nigeria’s Electoral Umpire Bodies (now INEC).
They include: Professor Eme Awa (Abia state),
Humphrey Nwosu (Anambra state) and Maurice
Iwu (Imo state). The Ibos have enjoyed been a
member of the federal executive councils since
1960. I was not born then but I was there in
history. When Dr Nnamdi Azikwe was the
Governor General, four Ibos were made ministers
and they are: Chief Jaja Wachukwu (Foreign
Affairs), Chief Aja Nwachukwu (Education), Chief
Raymond Njoku (Transport), and Dr. Kingsley
Ozumba Mbadiwe (Commerce). The Yorubas also
had four ministers and the North had only two.
Let’s come down to the most recent
administrations. During Olusegun Obasanajo’s
regime, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was the
Coordinating Minister of the Economy and
Finance, Pius Anyim was the senate president,
Godwin Emefiele was the CBN Governor, and also
Charles Soludo another Ibo man was the CBN
governor. Late Prof. Dora Akunliyi was the DG of
NAFDAC. Under president Jonathan’s regime Ibos
occupy juicy and strategic positions Ibos headed
NBC, PENCOM, FERMA, NERDC, NEXIM, NUC,
NTDC to mention a few. We all remembered
Okonjo Iweala as Finance minister, Anyim Pius
Anyim as the Secretary to the federal government
of the federation, the two beautiful women in
Goodluck Jonathan’s Cabinet; Alinson Madueke
(Petroleum minister) and Princess Stella Oduah
(Minster of Aviation). And now the so called
“baba go-slow” has many Ibos at the helm of
affairs. Chris Ngige (Labour and employment) and
Ogbonaya Onu (Science and Technology) to
mention a few.
So the Barney by the Biafra agitators that they
have been marginalized since independence is a
big myth and delusion. If they actually want to
secede from Nigeria, they should provide
reasonable reasons and not mere fallacy of “we
have been marginalized”. Little did they know that
the Era of sheepish followership is gradually
fading away in this part of the world? Everybody
now have access to history. Another thing I
observed about these Biafra agitators is a
pronounced power-hunger disease. Some of them
are just hungry for power; they desire power at
all cost. They want secession at all cost. I
wonder why people don’t learn from past/
previous mistakes. Most at times, the common
remedy for secession is war. So they are
advocating for the replay of the tragic occurrence
of 1967-1969. Myself as a student of History, I’ve
read a lot about the Nigeria - Biafra war. I have
also seen some documentaries on it and honestly
it was a tragic and horrible incident that I will
never support or pray to happen again. Secession
in U.S. history which led to the withdrawal of 11
slave states (states in which slaveholding was
legal) from the Union during 1860–61 following
the election of Abraham Lincoln as president.
Secession precipitated the American Civil War.
The fact remains that most of these Biafrans fail
to understand that there is big difference between
WAR and RIOT.
The reason why Biafra portent is going to be a
failed attempt are numerously numerous. I still
don’t believe how they want to actualize this
movement without the intervention and support of
the political heads/leaders in the region.
Chairman of the APC Governors’ Forum, Rochas
Okorocha, said the reported violent protests in
some states capitals including those of Rivers,
Anambra and Delta, in the name of Biafra, do not
in any way have the support or blessing of
governors and leaders of the South-east geo-
political zone either directly or indirectly. So the
South-east governors have disassociated
themselves from protests by Members of the
Movement for the Actualization of Biafra
(MASSOB). The Senators and House of rep
members from this region are not in support of
MASSOB. Larger percentage of the traditional
rulers from this region are against this
movement. Even the late Biafra Leader Chief
Ojukwu said “it will be foolish of anyone to go to
another war in the name of Biafra”. So why the
unnecessary agitation and Barney. Issue like
these are never won in isolation. It has to be a
collective and consensus agreement.
Another obvious fact is that the Ibos that I know
love their lives and businesses so much. You
can’t expect an Ibo man that has businesses all
over the states of the federation to abandon his
investments all in the name of a movement that
is bound to fail. Ibos are very intelligent, an Ibo
can fabricate anything. They are extremely bright
and smart. Obviously, the Ibos that went for the
1million match for Biafra are the jobless ones.
I advise all the agitators of Biafra to divert their
energy, reasoning, intellectuality and political
strength to the betterment of the region and the
country at large. Honestly we’ve gone too far for
us to break up at this stage. Nigeria is a
marriage of over 50years, a marriage that has
produced many children. We are the giant of
Africa, let’s learn to forget about our past and
focus on the present and future. The unity of
Nigeria is not negotiable. Nigeria shall be great
again. Long live federal republic of Nigeria.
....keep deceiving yourself with that sentence**we are the giant of Africa ".....
Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by Balkan(m): 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2015
Op you in Nigeria by all means. I know you a yarriba man. Let us worry about Biafra and not you.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by obailala(m): 5:46pm On Nov 30, 2015
kingzizzy:

[b] I think you are being deliberately evasive as well being misleading. This write up of yours can only be taken serious by someone who thinks small. The major fact to keep in mind here is that Nigeria is a colonial contruct where the indigenous people in west Africa had their sovereignty stripped from them and bamboozled into a union without their permission. This makes Nigeria an illegal entity. It is not possible to lend credibility to an act of illegality. That is why the proponents of 'one Nigeria' will never win the argument against Biafrans or a referendum. You can never have 'unity based on fraud', you can only have 'unity based on consent'. Scotland may have fought with Britain but that was like 400 years ago. We are talking about today, in the 21st century not 400 years ago or 20 years ago as the case with Sudan. Why would anyone advocate war over referendum if they claim to be civilised? As an Igbo man who wants an independent Homeland of Biafra for my people, why should I be fighting with a Yoruba or Hausa man for my right to my sovereingty? Because Lugard came to tell us we are all Nigerians? Isn't that laughable to you?

[/b]
Be ye informed, there is hardly any nation in this world (including Biafra) which is not a man-made invention; and yeah, before any nation splits, there's usually a heavy toll which we should have in mind, it is not an issue peculiar to Nigeria... I am a south easterner myself but I totally do not share the view that I am enslaved by any other tribe to be desiring freedom; the enslavement which many Igbos suffer is a mental slavery occasioned from post-war trauma and only Igbos can emancipate themselves from that problem. The primary problem I believe we have is of leadership and if you disagree with me, kindly mention the injustices which Igbos face that is not also faced by virtually every other tribe in Nigeria?.... I do not believe that breaking away from Nigeria now with the attendant toll on investments and lives (possibly) will in anyway solve this our primary problem of leadership. So why should I sacrifice my investments all over Nigeria only to eventually realise that I still haven't solved any problem?... Regarding your willingness to lose investments, kindly speak only for yourself.
Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by Horus(m): 5:50pm On Nov 30, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lCNojdj5E8

[size=15pt]The Nigerian Army Warns Pro Biafra Agitators To Back Down [/size]
Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by Anticabal: 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
kingzizzy:
The unity of Nigeria is not negotiable? The unity we all agreed to or the one that Lugard fraudulently foisted on us? How do you Nigerians really think a white man can come from Europe to give your country? How is this possible? It is for us indigenous Africans to find our individual countries instead of living the dream of Lord Lugard called Nigeria. Everyone should go and find their country and where they belong! Nigeria is a British invented fraud!

You have a point. The question i still keep asking is- Where is it witten that all ethnicities sat down together and decided to be Nigerians? Is one nigeria sancrosant? Who said so?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by Anticabal: 7:21pm On Nov 30, 2015
kingzizzy:

[/b]

I doff my hat for this post very sensible. I'm beginning to see the merits in biafra. Why would a group of people want to kill people they hate for asking to stay away from them. I think this 'phenomemon' should be researched in schools. It is really mind-boggling if you ask me.
Why should scotland have a referendum but black people inside a country created by white can still not think within that line. Just imagine they way supposedly educated people are thirsting for the blood of people they really don't fancy because they want out. I weep for this continent. Is the black man is irredeemable?
Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by Nnaji36(m): 9:39pm On Nov 30, 2015
jasperkrekre:
Recently, I have taken my time to carefully read
about and also watch videos of the agitators of
the Biafra movement especially one of their
renowned leader, Mr Nnamdi Kanu. It will be a
case of dishonesty, falsehood and falsification if I
negate the fact that Nnamdi Kanu is one of the
most intelligent Biafrans I’ve ever listened to and
also read about. Though regarding him as being
intelligent is relative and personal. The way and
manner at which he answers question on why he
wants Biafra’s secession out of Nigeria is
exceptional and perspicacious. One of the traits I
admire in Nnamdi Kanu’s is the way he believed
in himself and the movement he is spearheading.
I remember one of his statements “One thing has
to happen, it is either we have Biafra or we all
die”. Such statement come only from a leader
that is ready to achieve whatever aim (Good or
Bad) and ready to face the consequences that
comes with it.
As much as I venerate his style and view, he
uttered with certitude a particular statement that
I think is too myopic and imprudent for his
status. He said “the former vice president; Atiku
Abubakar, former head of states; Ibrahim
Badamosi Babangida and President Muhammad
Buhari are the three Nigerians that consciously
found Bokoharam”. I am disappointed that such
avowal came from him without concrete evidence
(s) to proof it.
Biafra is made up of four major tribes namely;
the Ibos, the Ibibio-Efiks, the Ijaws and Ogojas.
Other minor tribes includes; the Idomas, the
Itsekiris, Urhobos and some part of Igala.
According to Nnamdi Kanu, he said “Biafra simply
means Come and join”, So tribe can simply decide
to join the movement. My recent interaction with
some people from the Southeastern part of
Nigeria (which make up large % of the Biafra
nation) point to what I refer to as Fictive belief.
They believe they have been marginalized by
Nigeria since independence. This and many other
are the reasons why they want political and
economic viability. They are extremely bitter
about the structure of Nigeria. They believe that
the Nigeria structure is skewed against them in
politics, education and in the provision of
infrastructure. They share the sentiment that the
purpose of the amalgamation of North and South
were designed to cheat the South especially the
Ibos. And the question is how? A careful
reflection on Nigeria since 1960 shows that out of
the twelve senate presidents that Nigeria have
produced since independence till date, seven of
them are Ibos, they are: Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe
(1960-1960), Dr. Nwafor Orizu (1960-1966), Chief
Ameh Ebute (1993-1993), Dr Chuba Okadigbo
(1999-2000), Chief Pius Anyim (2000-2003), Chief
Adolphus Wabara (2003-2005) and Dr. Ken
Nnamani (2005-2007). Likewise, they have
produced two of the nine Speakers of the federal
house of representatives (chief Jaja Nwachukwu
and Dr Edwin Ume Ezeoke), the west have
produced only two too (Oladimeji Bankole and
Patricia Etteh).
The Ibos should also remember that they’ve
produced three of the twelve chairmen of
Nigeria’s Electoral Umpire Bodies (now INEC).
They include: Professor Eme Awa (Abia state),
Humphrey Nwosu (Anambra state) and Maurice
Iwu (Imo state). The Ibos have enjoyed been a
member of the federal executive councils since
1960. I was not born then but I was there in
history. When Dr Nnamdi Azikwe was the
Governor General, four Ibos were made ministers
and they are: Chief Jaja Wachukwu (Foreign
Affairs), Chief Aja Nwachukwu (Education), Chief
Raymond Njoku (Transport), and Dr. Kingsley
Ozumba Mbadiwe (Commerce). The Yorubas also
had four ministers and the North had only two.
Let’s come down to the most recent
administrations. During Olusegun Obasanajo’s
regime, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was the
Coordinating Minister of the Economy and
Finance, Pius Anyim was the senate president,
Godwin Emefiele was the CBN Governor, and also
Charles Soludo another Ibo man was the CBN
governor. Late Prof. Dora Akunliyi was the DG of
NAFDAC. Under president Jonathan’s regime Ibos
occupy juicy and strategic positions Ibos headed
NBC, PENCOM, FERMA, NERDC, NEXIM, NUC,
NTDC to mention a few. We all remembered
Okonjo Iweala as Finance minister, Anyim Pius
Anyim as the Secretary to the federal government
of the federation, the two beautiful women in
Goodluck Jonathan’s Cabinet; Alinson Madueke
(Petroleum minister) and Princess Stella Oduah
(Minster of Aviation). And now the so called
“baba go-slow” has many Ibos at the helm of
affairs. Chris Ngige (Labour and employment) and
Ogbonaya Onu (Science and Technology) to
mention a few.
So the Barney by the Biafra agitators that they
have been marginalized since independence is a
big myth and delusion. If they actually want to
secede from Nigeria, they should provide
reasonable reasons and not mere fallacy of “we
have been marginalized”. Little did they know that
the Era of sheepish followership is gradually
fading away in this part of the world? Everybody
now have access to history. Another thing I
observed about these Biafra agitators is a
pronounced power-hunger disease. Some of them
are just hungry for power; they desire power at
all cost. They want secession at all cost. I
wonder why people don’t learn from past/
previous mistakes. Most at times, the common
remedy for secession is war. So they are
advocating for the replay of the tragic occurrence
of 1967-1969. Myself as a student of History, I’ve
read a lot about the Nigeria - Biafra war. I have
also seen some documentaries on it and honestly
it was a tragic and horrible incident that I will
never support or pray to happen again. Secession
in U.S. history which led to the withdrawal of 11
slave states (states in which slaveholding was
legal) from the Union during 1860–61 following
the election of Abraham Lincoln as president.
Secession precipitated the American Civil War.
The fact remains that most of these Biafrans fail
to understand that there is big difference between
WAR and RIOT.
The reason why Biafra portent is going to be a
failed attempt are numerously numerous. I still
don’t believe how they want to actualize this
movement without the intervention and support of
the political heads/leaders in the region.
Chairman of the APC Governors’ Forum, Rochas
Okorocha, said the reported violent protests in
some states capitals including those of Rivers,
Anambra and Delta, in the name of Biafra, do not
in any way have the support or blessing of
governors and leaders of the South-east geo-
political zone either directly or indirectly. So the
South-east governors have disassociated
themselves from protests by Members of the
Movement for the Actualization of Biafra
(MASSOB). The Senators and House of rep
members from this region are not in support of
MASSOB. Larger percentage of the traditional
rulers from this region are against this
movement. Even the late Biafra Leader Chief
Ojukwu said “it will be foolish of anyone to go to
another war in the name of Biafra”. So why the
unnecessary agitation and Barney. Issue like
these are never won in isolation. It has to be a
collective and consensus agreement.
Another obvious fact is that the Ibos that I know
love their lives and businesses so much. You
can’t expect an Ibo man that has businesses all
over the states of the federation to abandon his
investments all in the name of a movement that
is bound to fail. Ibos are very intelligent, an Ibo
can fabricate anything. They are extremely bright
and smart. Obviously, the Ibos that went for the
1million match for Biafra are the jobless ones.
I advise all the agitators of Biafra to divert their
energy, reasoning, intellectuality and political
strength to the betterment of the region and the
country at large. Honestly we’ve gone too far for
us to break up at this stage. Nigeria is a
marriage of over 50years, a marriage that has
produced many children. We are the giant of
Africa, let’s learn to forget about our past and
focus on the present and future. The unity of
Nigeria is not negotiable. Nigeria shall be great
again. Long live federal republic of Nigeria.
I see how serious and positive you are on the unity of this nation. I admire that inasmuch as unity and varsity is the strength of a great nation. But there are issues that led to a particular region to opt for seccetion.
You cited various governmental posts which the igbos have occupied since from 1960 till date but you failed to comment on how they are being neglected on the area of head of government or presidency. Igbos are not second class citizens. It shouldn't be the patrimony or primogeniture of any tribe to produce the head of government rather it should be rotational among all the tribes in the federation even palpating the less populated tribes because no tribe is a minor or second class citizens.
Talking of one Nigeria, I personally don't think the north and S/E should be under one fold known as Nigeria. It is obvious, apparent and perceptible that these two countries are different and it would be an error if they are found under one territory. You that engrossed these piece know too well that a northerner and a south/easterner are discernibly and translucently contradistinctive. So my brother, wast no time to prank around the bush. Personally, I had wanted the unity of this national but I came to find out that Nigeria is a scam and that she was founed under lies, greed and covetousness.
Currently, Buhari's leadership is bias and crammed with hate and one sided. The appointments you noted he awarded to igbos is raging because it is a slashed, substandard, inferior, deficient and depleted political posts for a tribe of the Igbo caliber which contribution to the growth of the economy of this nation can not be undermined.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by kingzizzy: 10:08pm On Nov 30, 2015
obailala:
Be ye informed, there is hardly any nation in this world (including Biafra) which is not a man-made invention; and yeah, before any nation splits, there's usually a heavy toll which we should have in mind, it is not an issue peculiar to Nigeria... I am a south easterner myself but I totally do not share the view that I am enslaved by any other tribe to be desiring freedom; the enslavement which many Igbos suffer is a mental slavery occasioned from post-war trauma and only Igbos can emancipate themselves from that problem. The primary problem I believe we have is of leadership and if you disagree with me, kindly mention the injustices which Igbos face that is not also faced by virtually every other tribe in Nigeria?.... I do not believe that breaking away from Nigeria now with the attendant toll on investments and lives (possibly) will in anyway solve this our primary problem of leadership. So why should I sacrifice my investments all over Nigeria only to eventually realise that I still haven't solved any problem?... Regarding your willingness to lose investments, kindly speak only for yourself.

[b]You can't answer any of the questions I posed to you because the truth is bitter. I understand, it is in the nature of the average Nigerian to be hypocritical. Nigeria has not moved forward not even one inch since the end of the civil war. The same sectarian killings, tribalism, nepotism and political subjugation which informed the declaration of Biafra by Ojukwu is still pretty much the order of the day. So what' is the point of Nigeria? There is a limit to how long anyone can try a system and if the system is not working, they try something new. The issue of bad leadership is all because Nigeria does not work as a nation. Nobody really believes in Nigeria, it's all about sectional interests. That's why the calibre of people that should be in power can never get in there, and even if they did, will be frustrated by the powers that be. Nigeria has long outlived its usefulness, 70% porverty rate, massive unemployment, tribalism and nepotism has long vindicated Ojukwu. As for investments in Nigeria, no Government ever seizes the the investments of people just because they are not citizens. It never happens because if a country does this, no international investor will ever set foot in that country again. The only thing a country can do is to nationalise investments meaning that everyone will be compensated for what they own. I hasten to add that if a person loves their property more than they love the freedom of their people, that person is in the wrong country. There maybe easterners who oppose secession and they have the right to do this, but if majority of easterners want secession then that minority have to tow the democratic line of the majority. [/b]
Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by bugzbunny: 10:28pm On Nov 30, 2015
loopman:

You guys are simply bad election losers.
At what point did you realize all that you spew above?
Biafra has nothing to do with elections
Biafra has nothing to do with u
Learn to mind ur biz..and threads dat concern u..
Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by redsun(m): 11:31pm On Nov 30, 2015
Nigeria is a rogue state,there is no functional government. Just bunch of retarded hoodlums tgatvcalls themselves leaders stealing and commandeering the people's wealth.

The people are not use to being governed,provided fir or protected by any system,so why would anybody need official secession to to say that they are on their own. All people need is to mobilise themselves,work in unison for the good of their immediate community and environs.
Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by Mckennedy: 12:09am On Dec 01, 2015
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lCNojdj5E8

[size=15pt]The Nigerian Army Warns Pro Biafra Agitators To Back Down [/size]

Your attached video is what confirms you a pure typical baboon. ...FYI that can only happen in the zoo where chimpanzees and baboons like you who doesn't know the difference between democracy and military regime.
Re: Biafra Crusade, A Portent Dead On Arrival by Horus(m): 2:27am On Dec 01, 2015
Mckennedy:

Your attached video is what confirms you a pure typical baboon. ...FYI its only in the zoo where chimpanzees and baboons like you who doesn't know the difference between democracy and military regime.

Please Observe The Following Rules:

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why Buhari Wanted Preisdency At All Cost / Photos: The Ugly Side Of Ikoyi Registry / Igbo Mandate Congress Condemns Multi-billion MASSOB Business Empires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 194
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.