Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,464 members, 7,781,345 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:53 PM

He Shot Himself With His Own Arrow... Philosophical - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / He Shot Himself With His Own Arrow... Philosophical (671 Views)

The Ugliness Of Familiarity, A Short Philosophical Essay / Excerpts From Arrow Of God / Things Fall Apart VS Arrow Of God (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He Shot Himself With His Own Arrow... Philosophical by generaliy07(m): 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2015
I am in my 20's, yet i'll speak like an 80, though I haven't seen it all, I have been pained to see so much.

Young men who hastened to the pit, folks who acted as catalysts in the reaction whose expected result is their destruction.
I've seen many, under the sun, who live under immense pressure to gain fame and wanton pleasure, young friends whose lives ended in what can best be described as inglorious misery, for lack of more qualifying words.

When 'slow and steady' seemed old school, they plied the path of 'speed without senses', hedonistic pals couldn't imagine a gain in waiting, pleasure it must be, wealth and fame, more than enough to spend around, girls and glory, Bleaching Bitches, Brandy at different Beaches, from Elegushi to La Badi
Olorunsogo was given an arrow, shoot the game for dinner the old man said, Shoot by drawing back was the simple instruction, aim a game at a time, for the old man knew they'd have enough for super, with or without his catch.

Nigga looked at the arrow, 'Old man is so foolish and unnecessarily patient, he had said in his heart, why draw back the bow when I can aid its speed pushing it forward, why aim for one at a time? When I can shoot two squirrels with a single aim? he questioned aged wisdom, not for some curiosity to gain knowledge but for some outrageous folly, he pushed hard rather than pull, he wanted a show, his aim was to prove the superiority of folly over wisdom, of speed over patience
Get rich or die trying was his slogan, his money must grow like grass...yet, if only he remembers, grasses withers faster same way it grows, but trees, which grows much slower, lasts longer

Like a flash in the dark, gone faster than he came, his life was lost, his girls? Gone, his friends have moved on to the next 'Elegushi spender', for the unimaginable had happened, the arrow came back to him, and pierced him deep in the heart!

Source
https://samueliyanu./2015/11/30/he-shot-himself-with-his-own-arrow/

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Homeless French Man Becomes Bestselling Author / If Our 2015 Lives Are Nominated For An Award, Will Yours Win? Answer / The Afrohbooks Short Story Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.