Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Don’t Reject NYSC Corp Members, DG Appeals To Corporate Bodies - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Don’t Reject NYSC Corp Members, DG Appeals To Corporate Bodies (1205 Views)

No Mdas Should Reject NYSC Corps Members- Ugwuanyi Warns / 3 Corpers In Benue Found Missing Money & Returned It,NYSC DG Did This 4 Them / North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Reject NYSC Corp Members, DG Appeals To Corporate Bodies by yusaze: 11:41am On Dec 01, 2015
Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, Brigadier-General Johnson Olawumi, weekend, Abuja, appealed to corporate bodies not to reject corps members posted to them for the one year mandatory service.
NYSC DG said instead of rejecting those posted to their companies, they should create avenue for the corps members to add value to their organizations, while developing their professional skills.

Olawumi, who spoke at the swearing-in ceremony of stream two of the NYSC Batch ‘B’ 2015, at the Kubwa Orientation Camp in Abuja, noted that each corps member would be equipped with entrepreneurship skill for self reliance during their stay in camp.

“For the private sector, we can only continue to appeal to them that they should take advantage of the potentials in these young men and women, their companies are going to be better for it,” he said.

The DG noted that the federal government had issued a circular for its Ministries, Departments and Agencies, MDAs, not to reject any corps member posted to their places, but taking the advantage of their potentials to add value to service delivery.

“I am not aware of any MDA that rejects any corps member, and if we get any we shall make appropriate reportage to the necessary authority, but there is a circular to the effect that no MDA should reject any corps members,” he clarified.

In his remarks, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Malam Muhammad Bello, represented by a director , Ahmed Musa, called on the 2,609 corps members currently in camp to pay serious attention to various vocational trainings to be given to them by experts.

http://www.9janewsarena.com/2015/12/dont-reject-nysc-corp-members-dg-appeals.html

Re: Don’t Reject NYSC Corp Members, DG Appeals To Corporate Bodies by queenoflafia(f): 11:42am On Dec 01, 2015
What if there is no space for them
Re: Don’t Reject NYSC Corp Members, DG Appeals To Corporate Bodies by ENTROVERT(m): 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2015
There av been so many rejections at ogun state.. both schools,firms are just rejecting corp members anyhow in ogun state..

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
Re: Don’t Reject NYSC Corp Members, DG Appeals To Corporate Bodies by kellyrock: 3:30pm On Dec 01, 2015
please they should do something about Ogun state, the rent of rejection there is 90% and the ministry is not even paying corp member and no accommodation. but they expect us to come to work( PPA) without payment n accommodation.
Re: Don’t Reject NYSC Corp Members, DG Appeals To Corporate Bodies by tolsh: 4:04am On Dec 02, 2015
Obey d the clarion call
Re: Don’t Reject NYSC Corp Members, DG Appeals To Corporate Bodies by udeh3(m): 9:22am On Dec 02, 2015
ENTROVERT:
There av been so many rejections at ogun state.. both schools,firms are just rejecting corp members anyhow in ogun state..

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

Ogun state is even worst as corp members are rejected in mass... In the state capital, govt agencies, private organisation only accept corp member on the ground that "no accomodatiom and no allowance..."

Corp members are no longer given their due respect anymore
Re: Don’t Reject NYSC Corp Members, DG Appeals To Corporate Bodies by jorion(m): 11:56am On Dec 02, 2015
I've always known this was a wasted one year. So when I was rejected by the ministry in abeokuta, ogun state ( mind u, I'm stream 2, 15). I took myself off the ground, dust myself, went in the hunt for a school which I finally found. Gave me a shabby accommodation and 5k as well as a month leave. So can't really complain, the primary goal was to be close to Lagos and nysc have given me the opportunity.
Re: Don’t Reject NYSC Corp Members, DG Appeals To Corporate Bodies by prettyjo(f): 10:19am On Dec 04, 2015
nawaooooi

the Ogun state wey I wan put/serve next year

(1) (Reply)

* / NYSC Batch B Stream 2 PPA In Akwa Ibom State / Ppa In Any Firm Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.