Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Kogi: Violence Erupts In Faleke’s Hometown, Travellers Barred From Passing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi: Violence Erupts In Faleke’s Hometown, Travellers Barred From Passing (1137 Views)

Blame Nnamdi Kanu If Violence Erupts In Nigeria: Northern Coalition / Wild Jubilation Erupts In Bauchi As President Buhari Returns. See Photos / Violence Erupts In Faleke's Hometown, Travellers Barred From Passing - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi: Violence Erupts In Faleke’s Hometown, Travellers Barred From Passing by boluwatife66(m): 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
According to information reaching The Eagle Online, youths in their hundreds have poured out on the major road in front of the family house of Faleke, protesting the decision of the leadership of the APC to bar their kinsman from emerging as the replacement of the party’s late governorship candidate, Prince Abubakar Audu
Violence has erupted in the hometown of the Deputy Governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the inconclusive Kogi State governorship election, James Abiodun Faleke.
Faleke is from Ekinrinade in Ojumu Local Government Area of Kogi State.
According to information reaching The Eagle Online, youths in their hundreds have poured out on the major road in front of the family house of Faleke, protesting the decision of the leadership of the APC to bar their kinsman from emerging as the replacement of the party’s late governorship candidate, Prince Abubakar Audu.
The Independent National Electoral Commission on Monday said it had received correspondence from the leadership of the APC naming Audu’s runner up in the party’s primaries, Yahaya Bello, as his replacement.
Faleke himself confirmed the development on Monday.
A traveller going from Osogbo in Osun State to Abuja, Ayo Johnson, told The Eagle Online that vehicular traffic from all sides of the road were blocked by the protesting youths.
Ekinriande provides passage to travellers going to and fro Osun State, Kwara State, Benue State, Abuja and other parts of Kogi State through the town.
Jihnson said he was allowed, among the many hundreds that had been prevented from going through, when he told the rampaging youths he was going to attend to his ailing father.
As at press time, the situation was yet to abate as no security agent was at the scene
http://theeagleonline.com.ng/kogi-violence-erupts-in-falekes-hometown-travellers-barred-from-passing/
Re: Kogi: Violence Erupts In Faleke’s Hometown, Travellers Barred From Passing by OVI75(m): 1:32pm On Dec 01, 2015
Since am half hopef dat ds wil mak Fp,let me wish OLUWASEUN OSEWA hapy crismas in ADVNC.

TO my role model on nairaland,Tonye barcanister,its bn all gloomy in ds gov thus fr.

To my celebrity crush..........

To all Manutd fans we are enterin d new yr as league leaders.

Nw to this noise makerz in kogi i dnt hav anytin to say,

To all of nairaland,Felicitation decembre...
Re: Kogi: Violence Erupts In Faleke’s Hometown, Travellers Barred From Passing by skelewu404(m): 1:35pm On Dec 01, 2015
Kk
Re: Kogi: Violence Erupts In Faleke’s Hometown, Travellers Barred From Passing by tyson99(m): 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2015
k
Re: Kogi: Violence Erupts In Faleke’s Hometown, Travellers Barred From Passing by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
APC and confusion is like bread and butter!!
Re: Kogi: Violence Erupts In Faleke’s Hometown, Travellers Barred From Passing by maupe: 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
Faleke must be used as a scapegoat, if APC ever hopes to become a structural party. The time to punish and expel Faleke is now.
Re: Kogi: Violence Erupts In Faleke’s Hometown, Travellers Barred From Passing by sholatech(m): 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
maupe:
Faleke must be used as a scapegoat, if APC ever hopes to become a structural party. The time to punish and expel Faleke is now.

Faleke did no wrong. He is going to court.

Supporters protest is not a crime. If not, PMB would have been picked up or punished when he loses an hi supporters go on Killin spree

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Violence Erupts In Faleke’s Hometown, Travellers Barred From Passing by maupe: 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
sholatech:

Faleke did no wrong. He is going to court.

Supporters protest is not a crime. If not, PMB would have been picked up or punished when he loses an hi supporters go on Killin spree
Faleke has gone against Party supremacy and has disobeyed the leaders of the party. I am not talking about inviting the police to wade into the matter, I am talking about he been disciplined by the party.
Re: Kogi: Violence Erupts In Faleke’s Hometown, Travellers Barred From Passing by sholatech(m): 5:17pm On Dec 01, 2015
maupe:

Faleke has gone against Party supremacy and has disobeyed the leaders of the party. I am not talking about inviting the police to wade into the matter, I am talking about he been disciplined by the party.

I understand that part, same way Saraki has been said needed to be punished. And Fairplus also for anti party after he lost the primaries.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Punch Website Hacked By Biafra Hackers / 10 Funny Quotes From Professor Wole Soyinka / The Man Tai Solarin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.