Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:35 PM

Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard (29111 Views)

Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment / Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard / Uwazuruike Disowns Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by chesterlee(m): 2:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
The trial of Nnamdi Kanu, Director of Radio Biafra, suffered a setback on Tuesday due to the absence of Magistrate Shuaibu Usman of the Wuse Zone 2 Senior Magistrates’ Court, Abuja. Kanu is standing trial on a three-count charge of criminal conspiracy, intimidation and belonging to unlawful society, to which he pleaded not guilty.
The case which had earlier been fixed for ruling did not hold due to the absence of the magistrate in court. No reason was given by the court on why the magistrate did not sit. Speaking to newsmen at the court premises, the defendant’s lawyer, Mr Vincent Obetta said all efforts to reach the magistrate on phone were not successful.
Obetta appealed to the prosecution, the Department of State Service (DSS), to obey the subsisting order of the court to transfer his client to prison custody to enable him have access to him. “DSS has refused to obey the court order to transfer my client to prison custody. “I call on the trial judge to order the DSS to transfer my client to prison custody.
“The DSS has flouted the court order which granted my client bail since Oct. 19,’’ he said. At the last sitting on Nov. 23, the DSS had requested the court to discontinue trial. Prosecution counsel, Moses Idakwo, had informed the court that after the arraignment of the defendant, the complainant stumbled on some facts which took the matter out of the jurisdiction of the magistrates’ court.
According to him, the complainant found out that the accused was involved in terrorism and has been financing it. Idakwo said that the DSS had also obtained an order from the Federal High Court, Abuja, dated Nov.10, to detain the accused in its custody for 90 days.
Obetta, had objected to the application by the DSS and prayed the court not to discontinue the case. He had argued that the prosecution did not present any information from the Attorney-General of Federation who had the authority to approve such.
The magistrate had adjourned the matter for ruling till Dec. 1.

Source: www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/judges-absence-stalls-trial-of-kanu-radio-biafra-director/

2 Likes

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by prophetone(m): 2:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
Good.

He threatened to burn down the 'zoo' by December. I hope someone put some matches in his cage.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by prophetone(m): 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2015
This is the bald misguided albino seeking for Guns and Bullets to kill innocent Nigerians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XU2JtlUF6M

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by coolitempa(f): 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2015
Piking weh say him mama no go sleep him too should be ready to stay awake always. grin

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Saturn213: 2:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
On behalf of all Zoogerians

I wish Nnamdi Kanu a very merry Christmas and a happy new year in prison

He can celebrate Christmas with all the hungry mosquitoes and do frog jumps on the orders of his new Hausa overlords

May Okike Abiama continue to protect him as he has been doing so far

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by chesterlee(m): 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2015
Buhari (the Dullard) is joking with this issue...

When this matter escalates into something bigger..Na that time e go clear for em eye!!!!

cc Lalasticlala

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Femolacaster(m): 2:35pm On Dec 01, 2015
Where are ipod almajiris? What is happening self?
We are still waiting for when you will burn down the zoo(which include their papas and mamas). Ndi ara

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Saturn213: 2:36pm On Dec 01, 2015
chesterlee:
Buhari is joking with this issue...

When this matter escalates..e go clear for em eye!!!!

Why dont you escalate it now?

Why wait?

By the way, my condolences to the Ipob members who were tear gased in Abuja today. I heard most of them have been arrested

I hope they dont spend Christmas in prison too

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
chesterlee:
Buhari (the Dullard) is joking with this issue...

When this matter escalates into something bigger..Na that time e go clear for em eye!!!!

cc Lalasticlala
guy nothing dey happen. People weh do like this before am,some still dey prison,some don die self and cloud no fall. So Nnamdi Kanu OYO is his case Thank me later!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by chesterlee(m): 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
Saturn213:

Why wait?

By the way, my condolences to the Ipob members who were tear gased in Abuja today. I heard most of them have been arrested

This was just the exact route through which Boko Haram escalated to something bigger.

They arrested their leader and killed him.

Nigeria always tend to forget history #FreeNnamdiKanu

24 Likes

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2015
Saturn213:

Why wait?

Lol... They thought ABJ is like their jungle SE? Mtchewww. Jobless set of people kawai.

25 Likes

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by chesterlee(m): 2:44pm On Dec 01, 2015
sameer1212:
guy nothing dey happen. People weh do like this before am,some still dey prison,some don die self and cloud no fall. So Nnamdi Kanu OYO is his case Thank me later!

You think Nnamdi KANU is like those unknown guys?

Lol...This guy has a very huge flock in the east here, he's like a mini Ojukwu.

Anything that happens to him will definitely spell doom for this country.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Excel23: 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
Brb
Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Yellowson(m): 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
No matter what you zoo men do we will be free soon

8 Likes

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
Massive incompetence.

I pray the protesters don't block the onitsha bridge permanently.

Nigeria is playing politics with this issue.

7 Likes

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by djWALE(m): 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hmmm...waiting patiently for buhari to arrive Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Josaj(m): 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
grin
Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by DICE234(m): 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
Kai Naija! Absence of one person or the other must stall trial...

Meanwhile;

Do you have a skill or do you run a service and yet not making money out of it? Chances are that many people don't know you have this skill or offer such services and yet someone in your area might be in desperate need of your services... are you a makeup artist, event manager, Dj, Piano tutor, Model, Rented Usher, Bass guitar tutor, graphics designer, web developer, actor/actress, Lesson teacher, french Lesson tutor, programmer, etc... check my signature and register your services/skill and be surprised how many people require your services out there but don't know you offer them. Sabiboy... someone, somewhere needs your services.
Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Dollyak(f): 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
What a mess
Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by olapluto(m): 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
DILECTOR having watery beans with yaji spices for Xmas. hahahahahakikikiki

15 Likes

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by OJUcrook: 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
BRING BACK OUR Biafra

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by braine(m): 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin
He'll spend Christmas alone while others travel to their villages and feel fine. He's such a foolish man and that serves him right. cool

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
Is that why they blocked roads in aba, thereby delaying my lunch?
They better focus on their shops in Ariaria, this na season.
The last time I checked, their leader isn't detained in Abia State,neither is his trial being held here. They should trek to Abuja.

Cc: cupidhero

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by richidinho(m): 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
ok
Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Middlefinger1: 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by kushma(m): 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
No matter what d zoo do the man will still be released and if it is that Judge didn't come to the court house becos he is following an order from the zoo president so as to leave an innocent man to die in prision,may that judge Neva c peace and that's how his children will also run leave him to die when he needs their help the most nonsense.

8 Likes

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by MadCow1: 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nnamdi Kanu is going back home to Jimoh in Kuje prison.. grin

Let the raping Continu. . grin

One Nigeria... In peace or war

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by JohnEazy(m): 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2015
Ok
Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2015
chesterlee:

You think Nnamdi KANU is like those unknown guys?

Lol...This guy has a very huge flock in the east here, he's like a mini Ojukwu.

Anything that happens to him will definitely spell doom for this country.
Lol.. They there dey deceive yourself. Who are you guys going to fight? The Nigerian government?Lol.. Walahi army go use boko haram anger on una. I don't know why you people don't learn from your past mistakes Hmmm.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:50pm On Dec 01, 2015
Re: Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Amack(m): 2:50pm On Dec 01, 2015
PMB can't win this war. Biafra is coming out more stronger. When the struggle gets tougher the end is near

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Party Agents Distribute Snacks At Polling Unit In Akure / Aisha Buhari Receives Melinda Gates (Photos) / Niger Delta Congress To IPOB: ‘No Secessionist Group Can Annex Us’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.