Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,830 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed (22020 Views)

Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics / Certification Or Msc / What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Holysholay: 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
If u desire to b in academics, Pls Nd pls go for pgd statistics, then MSc in statistics. If u choose business management and apply to lecture in business management, they will argue u don't hav basics in business management. if u apply to lecture in statistics, they will sure say u don't have MSc in Statistics....

2 Likes

Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Baboo13(m): 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
Work is the best

1 Like

Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by meforyou1(m): 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
Op, with HND in Statistics, why do you have to do PHD Statistics before going for MSC Statistics since it is the same course?
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Bitterleafsoup: 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
My cousin went into Statistics she is recruited often for huge corporations and currently she is making $80,000.00 a year.
4th year out of college. This is the new money maker.
Employees with a Master of Science (MS), Statistics Degree
Salary Ranges by Job
Check salary info for your own job ยป
Job Title
National Salary Data
$0 $70K $140K
Statistician
18 salaries
$51,923 - $105,529
Data Analyst
13 salaries
$41,217 - $85,786
Data Scientist, IT
8 salaries
$80,000
SAS Programmer
8 salaries
$84,643
Statistical Analyst
7 salaries
$75,000
Senior Data Analyst
6 salaries
$69,209
Actuary
6 salaries
$89,135
Country: United States | Currency: USD | Updated: 28 Nov 2015 | Individuals Reporting: 156

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Degree=Master_of_Science_(MS),_Statistics/Salary

It is highly needed in the market. She works for a University in the Gifting department.
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nigeria!!!,Nigeria!!!!!..... enter with your change.......I no get change oo. This bus belong to everybody and nobody ooo.
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by darlenese(f): 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
M.Sc MONEY is the best

1 Like

Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by obajemj(m): 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
omo! read the contribution
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by ipreach: 6:00pm On Dec 01, 2015
End Time career advise

JUST CLICK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by kareemkamil(m): 6:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
I think u should go 4 fine art, is more lucrative this days.
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Zaikon(m): 6:06pm On Dec 01, 2015
tony4s:
i think msc. Business Admin will be preferrable b'cos you can not head any department without any administrative certificate.
says who ?

5 Likes

Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by emdeeameen(m): 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
I will advice u go for Biz Admin ooo bros, coz d course is really marketable... tanks
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by baddyoosha: 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hefemale:

if you have nothing to say why not take you empty brain off the thread instead of asslicking like an imbe..cile
. ITS NOT MY FAULT YOU ARE POOR I WONT BLAME YOU POVERTY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTION
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Hefemale: 6:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
baddyoosha:
. ITS NOT MY FAULT YOU ARE POOR I WONT BLAME YOU POVERTY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTION
Lol, I can feed and cloth you
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by anigbajumo(m): 6:36pm On Dec 01, 2015
Holysholay:
If u desire to b in academics, Pls Nd pls go for pgd statistics, then MSc in statistics. If u choose business management and apply to lecture in business management, they will argue u don't hav basics in business management. if u apply to lecture in statistics, they will sure say u don't have MSc in Statistics....
Exactly my mind......

1 Like

Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Ediss(m): 6:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
Msc statistics. Reason very few in this area
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Burger01(m): 6:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
Whatever you do, go for statistics and you will never regret it. It's even more better to go for a professional masters in computer science or Information Technology. Bsc/HND Statistics, Masters in Information Technology...my friend, that's a good combo with professional diversity. smiley
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by olusola11: 6:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
I always say times without number every course has it own perculiarity so askin wich is better should nt be a issue that sud ppl sud look into.

COURSES OUGHT TO BE COMPLEMENTARY ND NT COMPETITIVE

1 Like

Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Chrisx1x(m): 6:42pm On Dec 01, 2015
meforyou1:
Op, with HND in Statistics, why do you have to do PHD Statistics before going for MSC Statistics since it is the same course?
its pgd not PHD.he has to do pgd because of his Hnd and Hnd cant do Masters without a pgd

2 Likes

Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
honey001:
Advice needed Please.
I have HND in Statistics, wanted to go further in that line, but the area i am presently no PGD Statistics around, i have to go for PGD in Business Management TEchnology, Graduated Now. wanted to go for Msc Business Management, but someone advice me to go and do another PGD in Statistics so as to continue in that line that it is more lucrative and better than Business Management.

Please which is more better and lucrative between the two and which is more widely accepted?

Thanks.

Crazyman, 1forall and lalasticlala come to my aid ooh.

.. in everything you do.. always look at the impact 5 years down the line.. this choice depends on your outlook in life.. do you want to be the little fish in a big pond? dispensable, innocuous and a common-denominator.. there are hundreds of Business Admin. Professionals out there.. Specialization is key and An Msc in Business Admin will only get you a desk job where your impact is measured in customer/projects execution turnover if you do not have adequate "Relevant" and "Invaluable" Experience Skills and Knowledge.. you can be easily replaced by another fish from the big pond.

I will advice you to go for an Msc in Statistics.. try to think a wider scope.. do you wish to keep working in Nigeria? or do you want to look outwards where there is a high demand for numbers people.. BIG Data is in and Statisticians working with Foreign Governments, Big Corporations and Research Institutions make far more impact, more recognition and are invariably indispensable.. take Nigeria for example.. which business field has the most downsizing incidents? right.

1 Like

Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
Ediss:
Msc statistics. Reason very few in this area

..and that is the key to remaining invaluable and relevant wink
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by samguru(m): 6:53pm On Dec 01, 2015
Woobey children everywhere on nairalanders.
They don't consider higher academic pursuit as a neccesity,rather they see it as a mere academic exercise.

My brother/sister,
I would advise you go for M.Sc Statistics,trust me any numerate discipline will always be at an advantage over non numerate disciplines.
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by PBundles(m): 6:54pm On Dec 01, 2015
Here is my two cents...............

In most business fields they dont place much value on a Msc in Bus admin. They see it as a cheap MBA. They wont tell you this but its frowned upon.

Statistics on the other hand is highly recruited and if you want to add icing to the cake due Quant analysis and have all big firms throwing offers at you. Especially now that banks and firms need software that run a.o. with algorithms to run most programs. Artificial intelligence is the way forward and statisticians will play a huge role. What about Insurance companies (insurance actuary)

Also since this seems to be your field, you will be a fish in the water.

Background: 23+ years Inv Banking, Strategic Business/Marketing Consultant and PT Ass.Prof lecturer School of business.

Where can I send my consultancy invoice wink

4 Likes

Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 01, 2015
chai
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by southcent: 6:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
the moment buhari knows he will be going to france

Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by nankosa(m): 6:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
BIG DATA is trending....
Statisticians, data analysts, data scientists are in HIGH demand
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by deejeet1: 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:
Take a clue from the president... No certificate and he still rules...
you've resigned to believing the lie... SMH Do you know the equivalent of an army general in the education sector? Please don't die of sentiments

1 Like

Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Manager264(m): 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
Consolidating your statistics discipline with relevant higher degree in the same field is a better decision, it is more relevant in academics and non academics field, however, if you must divert to management profession, MBA is the answer which is a professional course unlike M.Sc Management strictly academics discipline, by implication, the certificate will play second fiddle role when competing with MBA Holders counterparts in the labour market
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by deejeet1: 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
southcent:
the moment buhari knows he will be going to france
wailing wailers keep it up!
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
deejeet1:
you've resigned to believing the lie... SMH Do you know the equivalent of an army general in the education sector? Please don't die of sentiments

Present your fact or forever remain silent....
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 01, 2015
ziego:

Are u killing ***kidding** me
MSC IN PHILOSOPHY.
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by southcent: 7:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
deejeet1:
wailing wailers keep it up!
thanks,just what I wanna hear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Wants To Join The Nigerian Armed Forces? Army, Navy Or The Air Force? / Her Firm Increased Her Pay To Match That Of a New Job (Please Advise) / Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.