Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

How Important Is A Catalyst Port In An Rx300 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Important Is A Catalyst Port In An Rx300 (2227 Views)

This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car / Driving A Toyota Highlander 2002 Without A Catalyst / Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Important Is A Catalyst Port In An Rx300 by lipstick2(f): 4:43pm On Dec 01, 2015
I got a car from Cotonou,an RX300,1999 Model.
got my mechanic to look at it on arrival and he told me that the CATALYST PORT has been stolen.

Please what is the function of this port,cos the mechanic told me something about fuel consumption regulation.
How do i get a good one to buy and where?
Can it be reconstructed? is it OK to buy or reconstructed?.
How much is it sold?.

Thank U
Re: How Important Is A Catalyst Port In An Rx300 by honmusa(m): 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
lipstick2:

got my mechanic to look at it on arrival and he told me that the CATALYST PORT has been stolen.

Please what is the function of this port,cos the mechanic told me something about fuel consumption regulation.
How much is it sold?.

Thank U
The primary essence of the cat is to filter out the harmful emission coming out from your exhaust .
It is a big offence to drive a car without cat in developed countries because of the strict emission laws and the adverse environmental effect.
Also,driving without a cat will definitely have a serious impact on your car fuel mileage and performance especially if the cat pipe is blocked with another substance.
If you are in Lagos ,call 08061166316 to get a OEM tokunbo catalytic converter at a reasonable price.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is A Catalyst Port In An Rx300 by lipstick2(f): 7:14pm On Dec 01, 2015
honmusa:

The primary essence of the cat is to filter out the harmful emission coming out from your exhaust .
It is a big offence to drive a car without cat in developed countries because of the strict emission laws and the adverse environmental effect.
Also,driving without a cat will definitely have a serious impact on your car fuel mileage and performance.
If you are in Lagos ,call 08061166316 to get a OEM tokunbo catalytic converter at a reasonable price.

Thank u ,how much.
Re: How Important Is A Catalyst Port In An Rx300 by mexyk(m): 7:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
Some people bypass the catalyst by installing a spark plug de-fouler on the oxygen sensor just after where catalyst should be. Gets u better mpg
Re: How Important Is A Catalyst Port In An Rx300 by honmusa(m): 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
mexyk:
Some people bypass the catalyst by installing a spark plug de-fouler on the oxygen sensor just after where catalyst should be. Gets u better mpg
even if u try to trick the ecu using de-fouler ,ur mpg will still suffer because during valve overlapping period (period that intake and exhaust valve are opened simultaneously) your exhaust flow velocity will reduce and so also the cylinder volumetric efficiency during the intake stroke.
Re: How Important Is A Catalyst Port In An Rx300 by erico2k2(m): 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2015
mexyk:
Still ur ECU will fail to do teh accurate Fuel/Air ratio which I think is 147/1 air to fuel.
Re: How Important Is A Catalyst Port In An Rx300 by Sharplogger(m): 2:41am On Dec 05, 2015
lipstick2:

How much is it sold?.

Thank U

A catalyst converter is commonly called "indomie" (dats d street name)...got a camry 07 frm cotonou dat had a bad indomie...Trust me I had my panel beater change it and it has been smooth sailing with minimal fuel consumption since den...It shouldn't exceed bout 20-30k depending on the model of d car

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Info About Mitsubishi Montero 2005 Jeep / Prices Of Peugeot 406 Engine / Where Can I Get Local Government Registration Papers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.