Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,882 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:20 AM

Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe (42588 Views)

Venus Jupiter Conjunction 2017: The Planets Will Rise As One On Monday / What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? / 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by whizpa(m): 5:22pm On Dec 02, 2015
johnydon22:
[b](6.)Gliese 581c

This planet is strangely a candidate for possible life forms ..

The third planet on it's planetary system, the Gliese 581c is an interesting but strange planet that orbits a red dwarf star.

But this planet just like our own moon is Tidally locked in it's axis .. which means it does not rotate in it's axis but one side of it always is facing the star while the other side is always facing away from it.

For people who might have been wondering why the moon always has one face towards us.. Here lies your answer ^^^

So Gliese 581c being a tidally locked planet has the side facing the star to be always in day light and expected extremely hot that it can melt any living organism on it instantly (so this side is out of the question for life)

The other side of the planet facing away from the star is always dark and extremely cold that it hold a freezing threat to any thing on it..

But in between the hot and cold zone there is a thin line called the twilight zone (That is where the hot and cold meets) this region has a temperature that is just right for life ..

Gliese 581c is a remarkable rocky earth-like planet that probably holds a lot of promises for us even though it is based on a little strip of gap in twilight.

But who knows "Between two dark clouds, there is a silver lining" this saying might turn out to be true in this case after all..

[/b]

Scientists have traced back my origin to this planet..
Yes folks.. I'm an Alien.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by sukkot: 5:24pm On Dec 02, 2015
hmm my kinda topic. make i book space
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2015
Nice thread johnydon22

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by johnydon22(m): 5:33pm On Dec 02, 2015
whizpa:

Scientists have traced back my origin to this planet..
Yes folks.. I'm an Alien.

Hahahahahaha this is funny grin... please tell us how life is in the planet..?
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by GregJo: 5:33pm On Dec 02, 2015
wonderful!!!!
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by peemyke(f): 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
Wow
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by dupsai(f): 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
All heavens declare the glory of the MIGHTY GOD who can compare the works of HIS hands.....................blessed be the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY who was and is and is to come ........HE reigns forever more.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by unphilaz(m): 5:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
are these real pictures or photoshoped and which kind camera abi na telescope view this? shocked shocked
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by johnydon22(m): 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
Nice thread johnydon22
You good bro!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by Adesiji77: 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
Cool... smiley

Thanks for sharing @johnydon22

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by menesheh(m): 5:41pm On Dec 02, 2015
dupsai:
All heavens declare the glory of the MIGHTY GOD who can compare the works of HIS hands.....................blessed be the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY who was and is and is to come ........HE reigns forever more.

I hope there is no mention of a god here. Which of the god are talking about?
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by imeller: 5:41pm On Dec 02, 2015
That number 1 na hellfire.
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 02, 2015
[s]
johnydon22:
(3.)Gliese 436 b

Like i told you in the starting lines of this thread, Nature has no one way of manifestation.. So brace yourself because you are about to have your Chemistry days ruined.

It is established in earth's chemistry that when Ice is subjected to heat, it melts into liquid and eventually evaporates if it continues to be exposed in extreme heat..

But here we have this arch nemesis of this basic chemistry we know, Gliese 436B is an icy Neptune sized planet orbiting a red dwarf star.

This planet burns at an extremely hot temperature of 439°C but still all the ice components of this hot sweet heart remains intact and solid.

Literally Burning Ice.

The intense gravitational pull of the planet compresses it's ice and prevents them from evaporating into outer space even though the heat of the planet is very very extreme..

[/s]
It hasn't still differ laws of nature since gravity is in play....

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by NaijaCuzin: 5:42pm On Dec 02, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]Kepler 438b
This by far remains the most promising planet we have so far in terms of Alien life possibility.
Kepler 438b located 470 light years away is almost a twin to earth, orbits its star in the Goldilock zone just like the earth (Not too hot or cold zone also called Habitable Zone)
It is a Rocky planet and has every required condition to maintain just about the same amount of liquid water and geographical formations as earth.
This remains the top captain among all the Exo-planets classified to be earth-like.
Because we are earth-based life forms, we judge other planets based on their similarities to what we know which is Earth..
So according to the EARTH SIMILARITY INDEX if the earth is classified 1 (100%) we have many planets that are similar to earth with figures like 0.70 (70%), 0.86 (86%).... etc
But kepler 438b is 0.88 (88%) in the scale, so imagine it.. A planet that is 88% similar to what we have here on earth..
Can it get any better than this? of course with more study we may discover planets that might come as close as 0.96 or funny enough planets that we might even regard to be more suitable for life than earth itself grin..

[/b]
it seems you r a geographer...Nice Job

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by johnydon22(m): 5:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
bulldoza:

Am sure i was talking of basic chemistry in that regard... Thanks either way!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by hahn(m): 5:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
bulldoza:

Nice angle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by Dcaliphate(m): 5:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
hahn:
AM I really...... *bursts into tears*
That's freaking gay! angry

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by ogaprime(m): 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
Op, your post reminds me of the game: freelancer, travelling jump holes to new systems and planets.

I hope star citizen get finished soon...
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
watchin
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by kinmayor(m): 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
Nice one op keep it up
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by gurunlocker: 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
I love science
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by hahn(m): 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
Nice thread johnydon22

Bubu, can't you see what the Lord has done? grin
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by Malakh: 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
And all this planets can't be compared to His Tabernacle where all Israel not xtians shall dwell forever more.
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
hahn:

Bubu, can't you see what the Lord has done? grin

May His name be placed for ever !!!!

Amen

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by johnydon22(m): 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2015
drayy:
Might seem lame oo.... But how did the earth people get to know about this planets

Telescopes bro. . We have observatories on earth and most importantly many space telescopes in orbit..

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by hahn(m): 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

May His name be placed for ever !!!!

Amen

I was referring to the Lord's dry gin. Amen grin
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by beejaay: 6:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
johnydon22:
[b] With the emergence of space telescopes into the study of our universe, the picture of the whole setting becomes clearer to us.. But one thing is clear about this universe.

It is random and can never be pin pointed or established a way of manifestation..
When we think we know, we learn something else new that contradicts that which we think we know..

The more we learn, the less we know and the more we realize that there is an infinite supply left to know..

There are many Bizarre phenomenons in the universe that baffles us and goes against our (so called) laws on how things work, it has taught us that the universe as we know has no one way of working..

It is a random crazy result of reacting values.....

HERE IS A LIST OF THE MOST MYSTERIOUS PLANETS WE HAVE OBSERVED SO FAR IN OUR KNOWN UNIVERSE (Chances of discovering more that are even more mysterious is undeniably certain)

(1.) TRES 2B

Located 750,000 light years away from our solar system.. Tres 2b is an exo planet that has baffled the astronomical community for years now.

Because this Huge ball of Gas Holds the record for the Darkest Known planet in our observable universe.

Tres-2B even though very near it's parent star reflects only 1% of the light it gets and so appears to be monstrously mean and dark.

Tres-2b is a jupiter-like planet known as Gas giants but is larger than jupiter in diameter and mass.

Speculated to be made of gases that absorb light instead of reflecting them that's why it only gives off 1% out of all the light it gets.

Because this Gas beast is extremely hot, it glows ominously red and dark giving it a rather mysterious mean and scary look..

comparing Tres-2b, earth and Jupiter in brightness scale..
[img]http://topsweet.ru/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/TrES-2b1.jpg[/img]
[/b]

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by masseratti: 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
Best thread in a while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by guyXander(m): 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
SirWere:
Wow, this is just so lovely! I just want more planets gringringrin

The saddest thing is that we can't get to any of the planets; even if we perfect travelling at the speed of light angry:
Calm down. I still on the prototype "Mach 5 worm hole generator space craft.
The specs:
It's a suit
It absorbs radiation and converts it to glucose, vitamin D, E, F, and k.
It induces sleep.
It induces hallucinations, and reduces stress, depression and fear.
Because it induces or generates worm holes, no matter the distance, you can get there in seconds.
But just one little problem: relativity.
And it's power source recycled so it never runs out of power, even in the worm hole.
But I have just one request, will you be a test subject for the beta testing? grin
Hope you're an orphan? So your people no go find me when dem no c U? wink
The future of space travel, will look more like magic.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by Dathommie(m): 6:47pm On Dec 02, 2015
hahn:

I was referring to the Lord's dry gin. Amen grin

i pity you
when angels go dey carry others enter hellfire.......u na trek u go trek enter am.
amen

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SpaceX Rocket Explosion Destroys Facebook Satellite / Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) / FG To Generate Electricity From Uranium: Facts About Uranium You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.