Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,814 members, 7,802,618 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe (42636 Views)

Venus Jupiter Conjunction 2017: The Planets Will Rise As One On Monday / What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? / 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by fayahsoul: 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
johnydon22:
The Mass of the parent star is first ascertained after the exo-planet is detected by the change in the host star's luminosity when it passes in front of it.

then the distance from the host star, orbital period, mass, density and radius of the planet suggests the components of such planets..
And these extrapolations are made using the earth and our solar system as a point of reference?
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by patostation(m): 4:17pm On Dec 03, 2015
This is really interesting, engrossing, educative and revealing. Jehovah is awesome.
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by macof(m): 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2015
fayahsoul:

There's nothing to be scared of. It's all consciousness. Size and physicality are illusions. Reality is holographic. As above so below. There's actually a universe in an atom and the earth itself is a universe.

That the universe is still so violent without human influence is scary ...not that it should drive fear, but I mean an entire planet being drained by its host star. .. and you say wars are violent?
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by fayahsoul: 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2015
macof:

That the universe is still so violent without human influence is scary ...not that it should drive fear, but I mean an entire planet being drained by its host star. .. and you say wars are violent?

hmmm....interesting perspective but u look at it with human judgment which is understandable. Metaphysically, we know that every phenomenon is cyclic in nature. Everything must return to its starting point. This process enables exponential growth as lessons from past experiences are used as a vehicle for evolutionary quantum leaps. That event is evolutionary not violent.
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by DECOtech(m): 12:49am On Dec 07, 2015
johnydon22:

There are methods that can take us faster than light even when we are not moving at all..Like WARP travel...distortion of space time..

It is theoretically possible and is being developed and researched into as we speak..If it becomes possible man can travel to Alpha centauri In 2 weeks..

I like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by Scholar8200(m): 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2015
johnydon22:

For people who might have the Impression that earth holds an impressive amount of water, this is for you.. You may want to think again because this Planet will blow your mind.

Located 42light years away from earth, this planet earns it's nickname in the science world "THE WATERWORLD"

Because this planet is made entirely of water all around it, no land but just water all over the planet and runs deep until you meet the core coated in ice..

This planet may possess clouds (Still unsure) but the amount of water this planet hold makes earth's oceans look like Child's play.

The water world is impressively a mysterious planet because i doubt if any of us here ever thought there would be a planet made of entirely of water..

[img]http://randomgeekings.files./2012/02/462853a-f1-2.jpg?w=1326[/img][/i][/b]
That hignlighted attribute of this planet reminds me of something I read about Earth in her beginning!
Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by urahara(m): 6:15pm On Jan 13, 2016
johnydon22:
(9.)Gliese1214B

For people who might have the Impression that earth holds an impressive amount of water, this is for you.. You may want to think again because this Planet will blow your mind.

Located 42light years away from earth, this planet earns it's nickname in the science world "THE WATERWORLD"

Because this planet is made entirely of water all around it, no land but just water all over the planet and runs deep until you meet the core coated in ice..

This planet may possess clouds (Still unsure) but the amount of water this planet hold makes earth's oceans look like Child's play.

The water world is impressively a mysterious planet because i doubt if any of us here ever thought there would be a planet made of entirely of water..

[img]http://randomgeekings.files./2012/02/462853a-f1-2.jpg?w=1326[/img]

Still a hypothetical planet tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe by urahara(m): 7:03pm On Jan 13, 2016
johnydon22:
(9.)Gliese1214B

[img]http://randomgeekings.files./2012/02/462853a-f1-2.jpg?w=1326[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SpaceX Rocket Explosion Destroys Facebook Satellite / Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) / FG To Generate Electricity From Uranium: Facts About Uranium You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.