Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,951 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:14 AM

PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest (34047 Views)

Rivers Rerun: PDP Releases Photos, Alleges FG Doles Out Billions To APC Rivers / PDP Releases Official Statement On Audu's Death / PDP Releases List Of Key Members Allegedly Marked For Death By APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by londonrivals: 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2015
Read the press statement after the cut...

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) condemns in its entirety, the arrest of media mogul, High Chief Raymond Dokpesi and other opposition elements by the APC-led Federal Government.

The party also alerted that it has been made aware that more notable PDP leaders have similarly been listed for arrest over unproven allegations pursuant to the plot by the APC to cow and silence opposition in the country.

PDP National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh in a statement on Tuesday said the military style of pronouncement of guilt on Chief Dokpesi before any fair hearing, betrays the fact that he is a victim of political persecution and mob trial by the APC government because of his association with the PDP.

“While the PDP is not against the war against corruption, we insist that the crusade must be carried out within the limits of the law and not as a guise to persecute and torture opposition elements in the country.

“Our fear is that with the pronouncement of guilt even without being giving the opportunity within his rights as a citizen to state his own side of the story, the President Buhari-led government is sidestepping the laws to ensure that Chief Dokpesi does not get justice in the court, a plot which they want to extend to other PDP leaders.

“The PDP therefore demands an open and public trial of all those arrested so that all issues and charges against them as well as their defence therein would also be in the public domain. We demand a proper investigation and lawful prosecution instead of the reprehensible resort to outright political persecution, which can only have a place in a military regime.

“We also note that this development may not be unconnected with the planned onslaught against the media, following its commitment in holding this dictatorial regime accountable since it took office.

“Finally, we call on the international community and rights bodies worldwide to note the growing impunity and gross violation of human rights by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government tailored to decimate the opposition and cow the media in Nigeria.

Signed:

Chief Olisa Metuh
National Publicity Secretary

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/12/pdp-blast-apc-in-official-statement-on.html

cc: lalasticlala

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by PassingShot(m): 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2015
PDP is very predictable with its victim mentality! A useless party that brought sixteen years of pains, sorrows and sufferings on Nigerians.

How has Dokpesi been pronounced guilty by being arrested by EFCC?

Even, kids know that arresting suspects comes before prosecution. And so far, not a single one of those arrested has been held beyond the time limit stipulated by the nation's law. So, where is the lawlessness or persecution you cry of?

PDP and its sympathizers should understand that crying wolves and releasing statements calling on international community will not help them a bit. Not when available evidences do not prove anything against the government.

To be sincere, some of us are even angry that the nation's laws are preventing PMB/DSS/EFCC/ICPC from packing all the Dasukis, Yugudas, Bafarawas, Dokpesis, Oritsejafors, Diezanis and locking them up in jail for as long as necessary. They all trampled upon our constitution in sabotaging the economy and security of the country, yet they expect the same law to protect them from being brought to justice!

I wish Buhari was a military head of state as we speak.

326 Likes 38 Shares

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2015
We already know it is grade 1 political witchhunt.I wonder what Business Dokpesi who was not a government official has to do with the importation of arms.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by luvinhubby(m): 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2015
There is a thin line between pursuit of justice and perceived political witch-hunt and Buhari should thread carefully by getting justice disseminated speedily through arraignment and prosecution in the court of law of persons charged with corruption as anything short of that will spell otherwise.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by bettercreature(m): 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2015
PDP will never rule again as long as they keep defending thiefs,treasury looters,and murderers

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
Baffarawa was only roped in becuase he stood as a surety for Dasuki!! I just hope the fool who currently occuppies aso rock would not set this country on fire!!

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by maupe: 8:28pm On Dec 01, 2015
All I can say is
"BRING BACK JONATHAN "

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by Aufbauh(m): 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
Attention:
PDP and their supporters especially this Chukwudi44 of a man has lost their senses and need the attention of a psychiatrist before it get out of hands.
How can you support the fight against corruption and at the same time opposed the arrest of an alleged corrupt persons?.. Classical insanity!
@Chukwudi44 if you don't change your mentality you may develop a high blood pressure because of hatred and bitterness before 2019.
Be well guided!

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 01, 2015
bettercreature:
PDP will never rule again as long as they keep defending thiefs,treasury looters,and murderers

How many PVCs do you have mumu!! Last time I checked PDP were not the ones who appointed confirmed looters like Fashola and Amaechi Ministers

70 Likes 10 Shares

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by ikaboy: 8:30pm On Dec 01, 2015
Barcanista, am awaiting your stand on these issues. Fellows like Chukwudi44 makes me wanna close my nairaland account. The guy pisses off

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by Monimatic(m): 8:32pm On Dec 01, 2015
Buhari repeating the same mistake all over again as a civilian President like when he was the military head state , won't be surprised if his fellow Hausa/Fulani kinsmen in the Military overthrow him again through a coup d'etat.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by lionness(f): 8:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
bettercreature:

PDP = Party for Dirty Politicians cheesy cheesy cheesy

26 Likes

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by maupe: 8:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
The source said investigators were “suspicious that the money was passed to him as payment for the damaging documentaries and campaigns his station ran on Buhari, Tinubu and Amaechi.
This unintelligent comment alone is enough to give the EFCC a dirty slap

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by damton(m): 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2015
PDP CARRYING OUT ITS STATUTORY DUTIES.

WAILING.

12 Likes

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
ikaboy:
Barcanista, am awaiting your stand on this issues. Fellows like the Chukwudi44 makes me wanna close my nairaland attack. The guy pisses off

Bros if you don't like my comments then kindly go and commit suicide,you won't be missed!! Yur hero Buhari is a certified dullard on a vengeance mission without any clue whatserever about how to run a government.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by bettercreature(m): 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

How many PVCs do you have mumu!! Last time I checked PDP were not the ones who appointed confirmed looters like Fashola and Amaechi Ministers
I dont trust Amaechi,but forget Fasola he is a mini god

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by efilefun(m): 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
First Olisa said he got a list of all PDP members APC wants to kill, it's been over a month now and his yet to release any, now he got the list of PDP members they want to arrest.. Lol that grade of weed that guy takes is so dope sure that's what's affecting PaChukwudi's brain also

72 Likes 10 Shares

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by Saturn213: 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
maupe:
All I can say is
"BRING BACK JONATHAN "

It is quite unfortunate that you are using the name of a very intelligent lady. You must be a coward to use a female moniker when you are a man

You do not possess one hundredth of her decorum or intelligence.

By the time you are done wailing, doctors will need to replace your voice box.

@ PDP

A new Sheriff in town!!

Stealing is NOW corruption. Get used to it!

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by wachakuta(m): 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2015
Useless party

Party full of blod sucking people

3 Likes

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by ShowYourCertificate: 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2015
PassingShot:
PDP is very predictable with its victim mentality! A useless party that brought sixteen years of pains, sorrows and sufferings on Nigerians.

Even, kids know that arresting suspects comes before prosecution. And so far, not a single one of those arrested has been held beyond the time limit stipulated by the nation's law. So, where is the lawlessness or persecution you cry of?

PDP and its sympathizers should understand that crying wolves and releasing statements calling on international community will not help them a bit. Not when available evidences do not prove anything against the government.

To be sincere, some of us are even angry that the nation's laws are preventing PMB/DSS/EFCC/ICPC from packing all the Dasukis, Yugudas, Bafarawas, Dokpesis, Oritsejafors, Diezanis and locking them up in jail for as long as necessary. They all trampled upon our constitution in sabotaging the economy and security of the country, yet they expect the same law to protect them from being brought to justice!

This man is a sycophant

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2015
PassingShot:

When u say Pdp ruined Nigeria for 16yrs,pls always add Obj,Atiku,Ameachi dat are now saints in Apc,even Ameachi dat was indicted was rewarded with a Minister portfolio.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by Adatob(m): 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2015
They should jail all of them jur if found guilty,see as dis one name sound 'dokpesi' sumtin lik 'dopemu'

2 Likes

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by rockebolla: 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
Sorry o
Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by deshysmalls(m): 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
With the sort of victim mentality that oozes from the PDP camp almost on a daily basis, i doubt if they would be able to make any meaningful difference as the main opposition party because their rants are starting to become borderline comedy.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by bokohalal(m): 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
Part of Nigeria's problems. Instead of allowing the law to take its course PDP is threatening fire and brimstone in defence of corruption.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by Beehshorp(m): 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
K
bokohalal:
Part of Nigeria's problems. Instead of allowing the law to take its course PDP is threatening fire and brimstone in defencertain of corruption.

By their monikers u shall know em.. He is even trying to give his heros youth wing over there in the north a justification for their actions..

1 Like

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by Nimblemind(m): 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nigeria must be better... If it involves taking even Olisa Metuh to kirikiri, no qualms!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by Abeyjide: 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
so,dokpesi collected 2billion naira from arm deal, thats why he was intoxicated to the extent of blackmailing buhari and others. Now i knw

4 Likes

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by melodyirish(m): 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
Continue cheesy
Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by Damalex4luv(m): 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
chukwudi44:
Baffarawa was only roped in becuase he stood as a surety for Dasuki!! I just hope the fool who currently occuppies aso rock would not set this country on fire!!
I'm very sure your father will never thought of calling Buhari a fool talk less of a dim wit like you.
May you never no peace for always supporting corruption. Oloshi

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest by handie(m): 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
PDP's wailing makes me sick! Urgh! Must it always be about politics? Anyone that's arrested is a political witch hunt. Kai! What's Dokpesi's business with arms procurement that 2.1 Billion Naira will be transferred to his account? May Dasuki Sambo continue to sing like a canary bird..... I bet u even the "Hero" won't be exempted and he'll go in for it. Woe betide anyone who defends those who turned our commonwealth to their personal property and turned the CBN to a piggy bank where orders are made for cash withdrawal to allies and cronies

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari’s Presidential Campaign Mega Rally In Lagos State (photos) / Change Amotekun’s Name To ‘Oduduwa Guards’ – MURIC / Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.