Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

disillusioned masses and misguided minds provide room for t charlatern's triumph - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / disillusioned masses and misguided minds provide room for t charlatern's triumph (692 Views)

The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group / Breaking News! IPOB Ceasefire On Protest: False And Misguided / Nigerian Army Releases Pictures Of Dikwa Triumph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

disillusioned masses and misguided minds provide room for t charlatern's triumph by Levinelsonbob(m): 11:56pm On Dec 01, 2015
Anybody shouting APC is on a recovery mission of a 16yr old misrule is probably an under 16 and do not have the pedigry to analize the history of this country.
Nigeria got her indipendence in 1960 and in the preceeding election that provided the first indigeneous prime minister of the fedration, Tafawa Balewa was victorious. His unpreparedness to govern elicited the military to carry the first coup detat in 1966, ushering general Aguiyi Ironsi as the first military head of state. However, the misconception of the modus operanda of that coup led to another counter coup in same year and colonel Yakubu Gowon who was later promoted to the rank of general became the head of state. He ruled for 9yrs and through the civil war but was overthrown by Muritala Mohamed. In 1976, Muritala was silenced by Dimka. Paving way for general Olusegun Obasanjo to take over the mantle of leadership. And from 1976 to 1979, he handed over to Shehu Shagari who after being declared winner of the election conducted in his 2nd tenure, was overtrown on 31 december 1983 by general Mohammadu Buhari. Buhari's government did not last 2yrs due to his wreckless use of power and enemy witch-hunting. He was overthrown by general Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida in 1985. And Babangida ruled for a complete 8yrs and supervised a transition program which heralded the election that produced Cheif MKO Abiola as an imminent president of the federal republic of Nigeria. However, the forces of thesame power that elected him, instead of granting him his deserved mandate, decided rather to throw him into jail from where he was maimed. But Babangida reading the handwritting on the wall decided to hand over to an interim govt headed by Ernest Shonekan whom general Sani Abacha overthrew in 1993. And then ruled till 1998. He died in office as he was trying to make him self a democratic president from his military atire. Abdusalami Abubarkar benefited from this demise but kept to his promise and handed over to the 3rd republic under the leadership of president Olusegun Obasanjo.
My opinion in bringing us back to these historical antecedents is for those who do not know where we are coming from. From among whom I presume, the shouts of APC on a recovery mission from a 16yr old miss rule come. For clarity, Nigeria has not existed only for 16rs. And all these leaders ever before 1999 have all contributed to the economic woes that started regaining shape from 1999 till now. However, the leadership of President Umaru Musa Yaradua and Goodluck Jonathan in essense has contributed the best growth in economy in this history. Thank u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: disillusioned masses and misguided minds provide room for t charlatern's triumph by Levinelsonbob(m): 8:11am On Dec 02, 2015
My point is that, if all those leaders in the past. Both civilians and military alike have contributed positively to the economic growth of this country:
1; There wouldn't have been need for those coups and counter coups.
2; If they had not been cuorrupt, Nigeria would have been good ever b4 1999. Because this period of 40yrs comprised the oil wind fall era.
3; Countries like South-Africa who just got their independence very lately would not be anywhere near comparison to an economy who got her indepence virtualy 30yrs earlier. Blessed with arable large land mass, human resources and an oil wind fall.
If Nigeria is just suffering from a sixteen year old missrule. Our fathers are at a vantage position to tell us. However, since I was born into this country, 1999 to 2015 have been the I have witnessed.
I am none partisan.
Re: disillusioned masses and misguided minds provide room for t charlatern's triumph by gohzieh(m): 8:14am On Dec 02, 2015
smiley
Re: disillusioned masses and misguided minds provide room for t charlatern's triumph by NoreenUG(f): 8:30am On Dec 02, 2015
Levinelsonbob:
My point is that, if all those leaders in the past. Both civilians and military alike have contributed positively to the economic growth of this country:
1; There wouldn't have been need for those coups and counter coups.
2; If they had not been cuorrupt, Nigeria would have been good ever b4 1999. Because this period of 40yrs comprised the oil wind fall era.
3; Countries like South-Africa who just got their independence very lately would not be anywhere near comparison to an economy who got her indepence virtualy 30yrs earlier. Blessed with arable large land mass, human resources and an oil wind fall.
If Nigeria is just suffering from a sixteen year old missrule. Our fathers are at a vantage position to tell us. However, since I was born into this country, 1999 to 2015 have been the I have witnessed.
I am none partisan.

this is a nice writeup, but I need to correct something, particularly your number 3 point.
Nigeria was not granted independence before South Africa. South Africa was actually granted independence before Nigeria.

Nigeria was granted independence on October 1st 1960
South Africa was granted independence on May 31st 1910.

You seem to have mixed up South Africa's end of Apartheid (27/04/1994) with its independence day (31/05/1910)
Re: disillusioned masses and misguided minds provide room for t charlatern's triumph by Aufbauh(m): 8:45am On Dec 02, 2015
@Op, you're not bias but you're an unrepentant pessimist.
Your assertion that anyone who share a divergent views to yours is a minor sold you out as someone bias in opinion.
As an experienced infallible adult that has the monopoly of knowledge and analysis as you claimed, should have known that human behaviour and trends is not a physical scientific occurrence that can produce similar results under a particular conditions.
I'll advice you that any time you want to share your opinion of which you're rightly entitled to, try not to generalise or impose it on others so that you can guide against your innermost fears of ignorance.
Life is all about perception and what you see depends mainly on what you are looking for in the word of Mike Murdock.
Finally I'll like to leave you with the word of Marcus Aurelius which he states that everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

1 Like

Re: disillusioned masses and misguided minds provide room for t charlatern's triumph by BobNeli(m): 8:46am On Dec 02, 2015
NoreenUG:

this is a nice writeup, but I need to correct something, particularly your number 3 point.
Nigeria was not granted independence before South Africa. South Africa was actually granted independence before Nigeria.

You seem to have mixed up South Africa's end of Apartheid (27/04/1994) with its independence day (31/05/1910)
Wow! I personally I am greatful for this information. Thanks bro for the eye opener. Knowledge is power indeed. If nothing else, at least I have grabbed this knowledge from this discusion.
Re: disillusioned masses and misguided minds provide room for t charlatern's triumph by BobNeli(m): 9:02am On Dec 02, 2015
NoreenUG:

Wow! Thank you bro for this eye opener. Knowledge is power indeed. I never knew this. Meanwhile, the OP is right on point. What you here everywhere today is 'recovery from 16years of missrule.' and it's quite mind bugging that those saying this forgot that Nigeria has lasted morethan 16 years for sure.
Re: disillusioned masses and misguided minds provide room for t charlatern's triumph by NoreenUG(f): 9:35am On Dec 02, 2015
BobNeli:
Wow! I personally I am greatful for this information. Thanks bro for the eye opener. Knowledge is power indeed. If nothing else, at least I have grabbed this knowledge from this discusion.

u're welcome
Re: disillusioned masses and misguided minds provide room for t charlatern's triumph by Levinelsonbob(m): 7:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
Aufbauh:
@Op, you're not bias but you're an unrepentant pessimist.
Your assertion that anyone who share a divergent views to yours is a minor sold you out as someone bias in opinion.
As an experienced infallible adult that has the monopoly of knowledge and analysis as you claimed, should have known that human behaviour and trends is not a physical scientific occurrence that can produce similar results under a particular conditions.
I'll advice you that any time you want to share your opinion of which you're rightly entitled to, try not to generalise or impose it on others so that you can guide against your innermost fears of ignorance.
Life is all about perception and what you see depends mainly on what you are looking for in the word of Mike Murdock.
Finally I'll like to leave you with the word of Marcus Aurelius which he states that everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
Hmm! That's just a hyperbol. If in an assertion u made mention that the number of people in this crusade are like the sand of the earth. It doesn't necessarily mean that they are. It's just a kind of figure of speech. Meanwhile, if u were offended by that, I never meant to offend anyone. Am sorry. Just focused on driving my point home.

(1) (Reply)

At Least 33,480 US Nuclear Workers Died Of Exposure / A Popular Nairalander Collected N12m From Dasuki / NSA Funds: We Failed In Our Responsibility, Says Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.