Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! (33331 Views)

What's The Best Way You Ever Dealt With A Debtor Who Refused To Pay? / Man Strips Unclad At Debtor's House To Demand He Pays Him His Money / Banks Shut Doors On BDCs, Politically-Exposed Persons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by citizenisb: 12:56am On Dec 02, 2015
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/access-bank-shut-as-enraged-customer-begins-execution-of-n636m-credit-judgment/226828/

Christopher Isiguzo in Enugu

Banking activities were on Tuesday grounded at all the branches of Access Bank within Enugu state as F. G. Onyenewe Motors Nigeria began the execution of a N636 million credit judgment it obtained against the bank.

It was gathered that the legal tussle, which lasted several years, ended at the Supreme Court in April this year, with the ruling in favour of the transport company.

Some newsmen who monitored the execution observed that the court officials carried the bank's properties, including computers and vehicles while the gates were shut against customers.

The exercise, which began at the bank's regional headquarters at the Garden Avenue in Enugu, was also carried out at the Ogui Road branch.

Hundreds of customers ran from one branch of the bank to another in order to make panic withdrawals but it was not possible as banking activities were suspended.

Lawyers to the judgment creditor, court bailiffs and a unit of policemen from Enugu State Police Command enforced the judgment against the bank, which drew hundreds of passersby to the scene.

Speaking to journalists at the Ogui Road branch of the bank, counsel to the plaintiff, Barr. Tagbo Ike, said it was evident that the bank was not financially viable to pay the judgment debt.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Nobody: 1:13am On Dec 02, 2015
The owner abi founder is the 30th richest man in Africa from agbor in delta state valued net worth $550 million. #whayasay

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by amtaken(f): 1:24am On Dec 02, 2015
Welcome to change where Single Treasury Account practice has threatened the strength of banks.

Tell me which sector of Government that is not suffering under this Buhari's administration.

Change!

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Pheals(f): 1:52am On Dec 02, 2015
How many this day news paper dey abeg undecided

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by iamodenigbo1(m): 2:01am On Dec 02, 2015
too bad
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by baby124: 2:15am On Dec 02, 2015
Let all the fake banks recruiting Nigerian women into prostitution die a natural death. The real banks that have depositor confidence will survive. Banks are NOT supposed to have government funds. Are they CBN

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by asadike(f): 5:04am On Dec 02, 2015
End time bank. lalasticlala, food don done o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by icedfire(m): 5:17am On Dec 02, 2015
Oboy make i rush go withdraw my 1k wey remain for access bank oo... that one go give me at least two rounds for opo quarters... Moscow here I come

10 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by teeboila(m): 5:29am On Dec 02, 2015
All this new generation banks sha
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by 123456abc: 5:42am On Dec 02, 2015
for your next recruitment aptitude tests - visit

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by AustineE1: 5:50am On Dec 02, 2015
I guess the bank can offset the debt easily,its only a matter of time before they do,just that the stringent monetary policies of the government in power,makes it difficult to access fund easily.
I think the bank is owned by the Ige Imuokede's and they are notable financial managers,with years of undented reputable banking. No need for any panic withdrawal,the situation will be managed effectively. Six hundred million naira, though big money but yet still way too small to threaten any of our banks ever since the consolidation.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Eboski(m): 5:58am On Dec 02, 2015
End Time Access bank.....

6 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by stinggy(m): 6:23am On Dec 02, 2015
amtaken:
Welcome to change where Single Treasury Account practice has threatened the strength of banks.

Tell me which sector of Government that is not suffering under this Buhari's administration.

Change!
The TSA was never a bad idea. Are you telling me 9ja Banks should be so dumb that their major patronage should be from Government accounts which are basically used for fraudulent acts? 9ja banks are just too lazy and lack innovations.

And if you must pass blame, TSA idea came under GEJ. Buhari just implemented full compliance.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by greatiyk4u(m): 6:25am On Dec 02, 2015
Na wa ooo
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by DaBullIT(m): 6:27am On Dec 02, 2015
People can lie
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Leebeedo(m): 6:28am On Dec 02, 2015
@OP, you don't pay debtors, you pay creditors

2 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by amtaken(f): 6:30am On Dec 02, 2015
Don't refer to GEJ.

If GEJ initiated anything that was not appropriate, the ideal thing should be for the change chanters to refuse to implement it.

Buharia has never failed to change any of GEJ's policies that he finds inconvenient so don't even bring GEJ into this.

As per the banks, Buhari's harsh economic policies has dealt a very heavy blow on all both small scale businesses and multi-national companies in Nigeria.

Companies are being killed dailing by harshest policies ever and also by outrageous fines.

How will the banks be patronised by individuals and companies when the businesses are suffering from gross set-back?
stinggy:

The TSA was never a bad idea. Are you telling me 9ja Banks should be so dumb that their major patronage should be from Government accounts which are basically used for fraudulent acts? 9ja banks are just too lazy and lack innovations.

And if you must pass blame, TSA idea came under GEJ. Buhari just implemented full compliance.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by stinggy(m): 6:35am On Dec 02, 2015
amtaken:
Don't refer to GEJ.

If GEJ initiated anything that was not appropriate, the ideal thing should be for the change chanters to refuse to implement it.

Buharia has never failed to change any of GEJ's policies that he finds inconvenient so don't even bring GEJ into this.

As per the banks, Buhari's harsh economic policies has dealt a very heavy blow on all both small scale businesses and multi-national companies in Nigeria.

Companies are being killed dailing by harshest policies ever and also by outrageous fines.

How will the banks be patronised by individuals and companies when the businesses are suffering from gross set-back?
Bro (or sis, whichever), even with your long lines, the fact remains TSA is a laudable idea by whoever you wish to give the credit for.

How many FRSC, Customs, etc fines do you think gets to Federal account?

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by zubizareta(m): 6:37am On Dec 02, 2015
stinggy:

When will you ppl stop including GEJ in all your talks... APC came with promise to change which is supposed to meaning changing any wrong doin in the previous administration to good one.. So if the TSA idea by GEJ govt was a bad idea, y did Buhari implement it. Dnt let me call you Zombie this morning oo.. Receive sense..

As for the post, so only 635m naira is about to cripple this bank? Nawa oo.. Just watch ppl lose their jobs now...

Meanwhile, visit this thread for sales and installation of wallpapers, 3D panels etc..

www.nairaland.com/2740519/meriekriss-intl-services-sales-installations

10 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by stinggy(m): 6:43am On Dec 02, 2015
zubizareta:

When will you ppl stop including GEJ in all your talks... APC came with promise to change which is supposed to meaning changing any wrong doin in the previous administration to good one.. So if the TSA idea by GEJ govt was a bad idea, y did Buhari implement it. Dnt let me call you Zombie this morning oo.. Receive sense..

As for the post, so only 635m naira is about to cripple this bank? Nawa oo.. Just watch ppl lose their jobs now...

Meanwhile, visit this thread for sales and installation of wallpapers, 3D panels etc..

Why not just face your wallpaper business if some discussions are above what your IQ can support? Is that hard to do?

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Grundig: 6:47am On Dec 02, 2015
While I'm so happy with this judgement it als shows how unhealthy Nigerian banks are.

I'm excited the supreme court pronunced this judgement. The bank has no reasn but to cough out the money.

The likes of First bank, Union bank and UBA will never be found wanting.

3 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by zubizareta(m): 6:51am On Dec 02, 2015
stinggy:

Why not just face your business if some discussions are above what your IQ can support? Is that hard to do?

Who asks someone to mind his business on a public forum.. Lol.. See I. Q man na... Are u a Zombie?

6 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:00am On Dec 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Menace2Society(m): 7:07am On Dec 02, 2015
zubizareta:

Are u okay?damn it!

5 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by PLANETMARS(m): 7:26am On Dec 02, 2015
Na lie na because of d 500million wey I withdraw yesterday.........nairaland theif and kidnappers na joke o I dry pass stock fish

2 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by costandi(m): 7:26am On Dec 02, 2015
I was in Access bank Agbani Rd. yesterday by 3PM.

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by maxiuc(m): 7:27am On Dec 02, 2015
Olden days of saving comes to mind

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Generalkorex(m): 7:28am On Dec 02, 2015
Ok.
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by looseweight: 7:28am On Dec 02, 2015
I pray Aso Rock won't shut down the way things are going

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by DickDastardly(m): 7:29am On Dec 02, 2015
Thats my uncle and thats how we roll. We shut down mulla houses when we ride cool

Correction: Name is Onyenwe not onyenewe undecided

Nwa ji nma gbuo agu 1 of Neni cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“I Don’t Regret Having Only Primary School Certificate - Rasak Okoya / ‘this Is Why The Naira Fell Despite CBN Intervention’ – ABCON / Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.