Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal (20470 Views)

EFCC To Summon Okonjo-Iweala Over Arms Deal / Buhari Orders Arrest Of Dasuki, Others Over Arms Procurement Fraud / Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by akinladejo: 2:51am On Dec 02, 2015
Governor of Edo State, Adams Oshiomhole has questioned the role played by former Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala in the contentious $2.1 billion arms procurement deal for which former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd) is facing trial.

Oshiomhole wondered how such a gargantuan amount of money could have made its way out of the nation’s coffers if it was not approved by the National Assembly.

Wondering if Okonjo-Iweala was in the loop, Oshiomhole questioned the constitutional provision under which she approved the disbursement of the said money.

He said: “That money which they claimed to have used to buy arms, was it appropriated by the National Assembly? Was it in the Appropriation Act? Did the then President (Goodluck Jonathan) have the power to spend money that has not been appropriated? Was he a military head of state? Does he have the powers that he purported to have used?

“The Minister of Finance who released the money, under which constitution does the minister have the powers to release monies from the national treasury that has not been captured in the national appropriation laws? If she did, is that not part of conspiracy?”

http://www.theheraldng.com/2bn-arms-deal-oshiomhole-queries-okonjo-iweala/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by GudluckIBB(m): 3:08am On Dec 02, 2015
Adams, no worry your self

Jonathan already said he didn't approve

Ngozi will soon come out to say she's not aware.

......The good tihing is that there's no army in the world that can stop a man whose time has come.

This is Nigerians time and Victory is sure for us against jonathan and his co looters. We should all be grateful to God for not allowing Jonathan to come back.

Nigeria will be Great Again.

119 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by georgementday(m): 3:20am On Dec 02, 2015
Oshomole shuld face the zillions of problems he has created in edo,youths are comitn suicide daily here.

125 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by ichoku: 3:59am On Dec 02, 2015
It's now official. Oshiomole is a bitter man. Okonjo-Iwela denied him access to govt money with which to marry Lara. Otherwise why mindless attack on this great woman. By the way, ada Igbo keep making us proud as you are used to and let haters like Oshiomhole keep thining themselves out. Onye Chukwu goziri mmadu Oshiomhole apughi ikwatu ya.

149 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by Cpumping(m): 4:06am On Dec 02, 2015
it is beginning to seem that maybe oshomole once chyked ngozi n ngozi sd no.

grin grin ; D

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by ademega(m): 4:09am On Dec 02, 2015
this issue of arms deal raises serious questions from the minds of people

this osobaba will soon turn to efcc chairman and dss director. I think he knows too much in the last administration

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by Juxtified(m): 4:19am On Dec 02, 2015
Oshiomole is just trying to create a distraction from his failures in Edo state, now that his tenure is ending

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by donsteady(m): 4:24am On Dec 02, 2015
This confused man shouldn't be takeng seriously. How Can a reasonable person pay attention to this clawn. I I respect you sir, but learn to respect your self.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by Billygee2u: 5:30am On Dec 02, 2015
donsteady:
This confused man shouldn't be takeng seriously. How Can a reasonable person pay attention to this clawn. I I respect you sir, but learn to respect your self.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by Billygee2u: 5:30am On Dec 02, 2015
Juxtified:
Oshiomole is just trying to create a distraction fron his failures in Edo state, now that his tenure is ending

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by Billygee2u: 5:31am On Dec 02, 2015
ichoku:
It's now official. Oshiomole is a bitter man. Okonjo-Iwela denied him access to govt money with which to marry Lara. Otherwise why mindless attack on this great woman. By the way, ada Igbo keep making us proud as you are used to and let haters like Oshiomhole keep thining themselves out. Onye Chukwu goziri mmadu Oshiomhole apughi ikwatu ya.

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by ziccoit: 5:37am On Dec 02, 2015
What is really the problem with most youths nowadays? You have zero access to information as to how your future has been embezzled and mortgaged away by the few privileged ones and those who aware of the rot are voicing out yet you start castigating them in the name of political differences, ethnicity and what have you. Are the questions raised by Oshiomole not the right questions that should have been going through the mind of every Nigerians except you are mentally unstable. How has the governor erred?

It is a big indictment on the person of Okonjo; if it finally comes out true that under her watch that huge amount of money actually disappeared without appropriation? She would not tell me she knew nothing about the economic rape. To even think she was even a coordinating minister for economy make her case a pathetic one.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by chesterlee(m): 5:43am On Dec 02, 2015
The ugly dwarf Is back with his bullcrap!!!

This bitter man should face his mandate as a governor and leave NOI alone.
He's becoming desperate!!!!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by teeboila(m): 5:46am On Dec 02, 2015
As bitter as Oshiomole may sound i still see one or two point in his argument.
1) Did Jonathan gave Dasuki the go ahead to collect such amount from CBN.
2)Where the arms truly purchased and duly delivered.
3) Under what heading was the money captioned.
4) How and why do the presidency spend so much on one sector of the country without other arm of government getting a whiff, yet we loose lot of lives(civilian and military) and ground to insurgents.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by elkonS: 6:04am On Dec 02, 2015
ds man again
Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by erunz(m): 6:16am On Dec 02, 2015
Oshiomole is an he goat

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by Bevista: 6:19am On Dec 02, 2015
Oshiomole and Fayose should please focus on delivering good governance in their various states. The FG, APC & PDP have official communication channels, so these governors should just give us a break.

Oshiomole obviously hates NOI as much as Fayose hates PMB - a sad fact that dilutes their otherwise valid comments.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by ProfessorPeter(m): 6:19am On Dec 02, 2015
"The reason i can't construct roads in Edo state is because of rain" Oshomole.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by Flets: 6:22am On Dec 02, 2015
No difference between oshiomole's face and mind.... they are both ugly.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by abitex577(m): 6:31am On Dec 02, 2015
The problem with most Nigerians is that when issues are thrown up for critical analysis, we become sentimental and tribal to support certain persons irrespective of the clear objectives of the discourse.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by Firefire(m): 6:34am On Dec 02, 2015
OshiOmoOle forming Forensic Accountant... cheesy

The 'Yeye Fowl' should better face his duty.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by Gracenews: 6:45am On Dec 02, 2015
Nigeria will be Great

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by zubizareta(m): 6:49am On Dec 02, 2015
This man again? Abeg what did he see in Ngozi's body? Let him free the woman.. If he has evidence, he should write to EFFC and stop damaging this woman's name in public...

Meanwhile, visit this thread for sales and installation of wallpapers, 3D panels etc..

www.nairaland.com/2740519/meriekriss-intl-services-sales-installations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by chinae(m): 6:58am On Dec 02, 2015
why Osho just sit down for Okonjo matter?
Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:09am On Dec 02, 2015
Seems like Adam had a crush on NOI or even ask her out and seems hell bend to frustrate her for refusing his advance

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by maupe: 7:20am On Dec 02, 2015
So Oshiomole, has gone back to his dance of romance with Madam NOI. I wonder what Lara fails to do, as a African wife, that Adams wants from NOI.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by Okanokan(m): 7:29am On Dec 02, 2015
I see that Oshiomole has no job. He is already fagged out as a Governor and diminishing returns has set in.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by oshyno(m): 7:43am On Dec 02, 2015
What is really wronge with this country. Must we continue to behave like dundees.
Even if GEJ wasn't doing things right, I expect APC to toe a different line.

My point: All these question Oshiomole raised are the bases they shud charge Dasuki,Dokpesi n co to court. Every act has a law backing it and if they have flaunted d law why waste time. Charge them to court and let them asnwers these question oshiomole has raised. Geeeezz it makes me puke wen we know what to d but keep dilly dalling. Stop wasting our time inundating us with stories. I personally want to see whoever looted in jail.

Quit playing politics and get real. I dey vex seriously.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by PLANETMARS(m): 7:45am On Dec 02, 2015
Oshio baba reduce our school fees jor!! Wit ur monkey face

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by Atmmachine(m): 7:45am On Dec 02, 2015
Even this short man dey question person ??

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by Godjone(m): 7:46am On Dec 02, 2015
That old fool again.

Lately the maga has been silent but he suddenly wake up again.

We shall deal ruthlessly with apc come 2019, its a promise.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal by jtjohn(m): 7:46am On Dec 02, 2015
Oshiomole should leave Okonjo-iweala alone and face edo state.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Africa Rejects Europe's 'dirty Diesel' (read bolded parts) / PDP Convention: Saraki, Atiku Divide South-East Delegates / 2023 Presidency: Bello Can’t Rule Even A Pig Farm – Deji Adeyanju Mocks Kogi Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.