Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President (33224 Views)

Mohammed Barkindo Appointed As OPEC Secretary-General / Kachikwu Unseated As OPEC President After 2 Days / Kachikwu Replaces Alison-madueke As OPEC President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by ijustdey: 2:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
Following his elevation as the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu has replaced the immediate past petroleum minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, as the Conference President of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries, OPEC.

In November 2014, Alison-Madueke was named the first female president of OPEC when she was elected at the 166th ordinary meeting of the organisation. There have been speculations that President Muhammadu Buhari as Nigeria’s substantive Minister of Petroleum Resources would take over the OPEC top job, but the body in a recent update on its website named Kachikwu as the head of the OPEC conference.

While disclosing his plans for OPEC, the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, promised to do his best to delay Iran’s intended oversupply of crude oil, to control pricing.

Speaking with reporters in Lagos, he said: “I think the key thing will be obviously crude oil price. There is a lot of sensitivity on that, $42 currently and with potential to go down if Iran throws their barrels into the field.

“My first target as I meet with ministers one-on-one is to try to delay Iran’s flooding of the market to the last quarter of next year. I will be talking with Iran’s oil minister on that so that we can stabilise the price.

“Maybe, hopefully, by the first or second quarter of next year, we will begin to see how that statement can now embolden us to go and begin to address removing the 1.5mbpd production that is lying in the market internationally.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/02/minister-of-state-kachikwu-replaces-alison-madueke-as-opec-president/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by madridguy(m): 2:37pm On Dec 02, 2015
CONGRATULATION TO HIM.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by Abylyty(m): 2:37pm On Dec 02, 2015
A Nigerian doing us proud

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by Junior66(m): 2:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
congrats
Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by MabraO: 2:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
Very good
Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by Vision4God: 2:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hhmmm
Kachikwu congrats. Represent us well ooo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
Congratulation Sir.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by 12345DKO(m): 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
DELETED

36 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by MathsChic(f): 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
The chase for power. The position belongs to the nation, not to the person.
Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by Bevista: 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
I'm sure folks here will be saying that the post was reserved for the Minister of Petroleum - Bubu himself.

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by Firefire(m): 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
Ok, next story ?
Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by endtimesblog: 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
grin grin grin grin

vanity upon vanity

endtime Alison-Madueke tongue tongue
Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by HungerBAD: 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
Nice
Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by YoursGEJ(m): 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
Let him fix our refineries first before he starts playing games with Iran abeg.

I don't like those guys. How does he think they'll accept to delay oil production until next year? Their economy is not doing well so they need the money. Kachikwu should be careful do that be does not end up "committing suicide" by shooting himself with three bullets in the head. Iran's specialty is arranged suicide

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by Damalex4luv(m): 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
Congrats!!!
Pls don't end your life like the frog eyed woman ooooo. I dey beg you now because Nigerian curse no be small thing oooo

5 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by aminho(m): 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
Good
Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
You never sort out naija fuel problems, you wan go sort out international problems., Kontinu.

4 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
Power Rotation
cry
end time change
Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by cruzita(f): 2:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
na becos of fuel scarcity na em make buhari no want the position abi?God is watching u people from the third heaven ooooo
Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by jegusj(m): 2:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
Congrats
Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by Pesuzok(m): 2:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
Biafra man...IPOB take note. GMD NNPC, min of state petroleum, President OPEC

5 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by endtimesblog: 2:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
12345DKO:
Good afternoon house. Please I need to get
#10000 by Sunday December 6, 2015, since I do
not want to inconvenient family and friends, I
decided to do labour work that will enable me
raise the money before this Sunday. So please if
you know where I can get to do any legitimate
labour work on the mainland that can get me the
cash, kindly post it here or send it to my email
address boboye209@gmail.com or call
Thank you very much and God bless you all.

mail the tehn team ok...
i fear dis ur moniker sef......
Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by beegs(m): 2:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
Lele yi gidigan
Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by Horlawale1(m): 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
Congrat
Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by HelloBiafra: 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
Teacher: Buhari is the Petroleum minister. Why was he not chosen as OPEC president?

Student: Because he is known far and wide as a dullard.Besides, he'd seize the oppurtunity for further junketing

4 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by Fesomu(m): 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
Iran is too stubborn..they won't allow u to do shiit
Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
Diversify the economy now!
Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by Hernandez88(m): 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President by yimikaa: 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
This man is so lucky.

From GMD NNPC - Minister of state - OPEC president within 4 months. Wow.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buratai Dapper In Suit As Wike Hosts Colorful Banquet In Rivers / Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises / Ishaku Abbo Appointed Vice Chairman Senate Committee Of The Nigerian Navy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.